Brown's Shoe Fit Co Employee Reviews

Great work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSJuly 7, 2017
It was a relaxed "family" style environment. Job really focuses on the people, both customers and employees. Gave me an opportunity to learn all aspects of running and operating a business. Each owner created an environment that suited them. The hardest and most enjoyable part would have to be the people! Customers can be difficult but they can also be the reason you go to work everyday! I found this job to be whatever I chose to make of it. I wasn't held back by lack of opportunities offered, only by the individual's ability to be flexible and strive for success. If you enjoy helping people and treating them well this might be worth a chance!
Excellent freedom and opportunity
Manager (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOApril 29, 2017
Excellent opportunity for advancement, chance at ownership of own operation, positive culture. Excellent support from partners and others. Brown's give you the opportunity to start your career as a Management Trainee and they empower you with the tools to own and manage your own store.
Pros
Be your own boss, oppportunity for growth, traveling, excellent retirement
Love my job!
Assisstant Manager (Current Employee) –  Shenandoah, IAApril 28, 2017
Browns is a place where you wake up in the morning ready to go to work because everyday is different and fun. I wouldn't trade it for anything! I can honestly say that I do love my job and can't wait to continue my career with Browns shoe fit co.
Pros
Not stressful, get to meet new people, and it's fun.
Cons
My feet hurt from being on them all day
Opportunity to move up the ladder
Personnel Director (Current Employee) –  Shenandoah, IAApril 28, 2017
I started with Brown's Shoe Fit as a part-time sales person while attending college. I loved it. Talking with people everyday. Providing great service. Treating people the way I want to be treated. 12 years later I am still with Brown's Shoe Fit and loving every minute of it. If you like a family atmosphere and get paid for something you love to do, Brown's Shoe Fit is for you!
Pros
70% of healthcare paid for full-time employees, family atmosphere, Fun
Great store manager, incompetent corporate management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 27, 2017
I loved my co-workers. We had a fun,friendly work environment. They became life-long friends. Upper management is totally incompetent and discriminatory.
Pros
Camaraderie of staff
Cons
President and upper management
Awesome place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEOctober 1, 2016
Loved everything about this job. The boss' were all super laid back, and I really learned a lot while working at browns. It really helped me develop a lot of skills
Lots of Potential
Employee (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMay 4, 2016
Great Company to work for. Lots of friendly people to interact with on a daily basis. Would highly recommend this company.
Always on your feet work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEFebruary 25, 2016
first thing upon arrival you are expected to vacuum the store and make sure all displays are clean and full.
I learned to assist customers in finding the correct fit for their next shoe purchase.
I only had 1-2 co workers the entire employment, so if an issue arises we had to handle it in a professional manner.
The hardest part of the job was remaining busy on slow days.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the customer interaction and getting to know my shoppers.
Pros
Off by 6pm, Sundays- late start so I could still enjoy church
Cons
No healthcare was provided
Local Management was great. Upper management...not so much
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Carroll, IAMay 20, 2014
Brown's is a very frugal company and has little patience for people who want to do ANYTHING BUT save as much as their paycheck as possible. If you are that person, their trainee program will be great for you (you can spend a little money after you've established yourself as an owner, but not until). I should stress my gripes are with upper management and not local owners.

In the trainee program, be prepared to be transferred across country in a moments notice. It is a requirement. When that happens, you'd better hope you can sell your home and your spouse can find a job when you get to the new location. The only other option is to leave your spouse at home until he or she can find employment. Upper management isn't the most empathetic when it comes to financial hardships.

All and all, this is a great job for someone who is already financially stable. And even if you are financially stable, you'd better make sure you don't have much in the way of mortgages to tie you down when it comes time to be transferred. If you can fit that bill, and don't mind putting in 50-60 hour weeks, this career is one of the few ways that a person could retire a millionaire and not have any formal education (though education is helpful).

Save, save, save! That's the best way to get a head in this company.
Pros
Be a self-made millionaire when you retire. Great local training.
Cons
Inconsiderate and cold upper management. Trainee pay is less than desirable.
Laid back work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEJanuary 17, 2014
A typical day at work started off with cleaning the area, and making everything look presentable. In between straightening shelves and fixing displays or vacuuming, I would help customers as they came. It would start off with an easy going conversation to kind of grasp their taste and what they are looking for. Than I would measure their feet and pull out some shoes for them to try on based upon what they were looking for. Following up with running the sale through the cash register. I would do inventory, unload freight and run the deposits at the end of the day. The management wasn't the greatest, but I enjoyed my job very much. I didn't have any co-workers other than the boss and his wife on occasion. The hardest part of my job was closing on all of the sales or turning a "looker" into a "buyer". The thing I enjoyed the most out of my job was the rocking discount and trying on all the shoes as they came in.
Cons
No health benefits.

Want to know more about Brown's Shoe Fit Co?

Ask a question
Good management.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 24, 2012
the owner/manager is a great guy to work for. Compensation is weak if you're a good salesman, but the company will train you to become an owner and manager if you're willing to re-locate.
Fun workplace in a small town
Sales (Former Employee) –  Coffeyville, KSMay 21, 2012
Just your typical small town work place, great friends, kind customers, and a great fun wrk environment and boss.
Working at brown shoe fit was laid back
Sales Associate, Internship (Former Employee) –  Macomb, ILMarch 27, 2012
I enjoyed working at browns shoe fit co. It was a nice laid back hard working environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brown's Shoe Fit Co. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3