Brown & Brown, Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Workplace overview
Personal Lines Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 26, 2015
Love working for this company, management is great and so are my co-workers. The best part of my job is being able to help others who thought that no one would be able to help them. The hardest part of my job is not being able to help everyone. I've learned some very good leadership skills at this job and I'm entrusted with a lot of responsibility here.
A workplace going through changes
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 6, 2013
A typical day was busy and full of deadlines. My excel, reconciliation, and report analysis skills improved. I enjoyed working with all of my co-workers. The management team in place when I begin was a good fit for me, however; the management team in place the last six months of my time there was not. Working in a stressful environment where the management and subordinates didn't mesh well, created an unhappy team and poor moral at the end of my time there. Although, I hear things have improved. I enjoyed learning new things, our annual bonus, and annual department outing.
Very goal-oriented - high pressure company to meet required goals.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 11, 2013
Been with Brown & Brown for 20 years. Learned how to work under pressure, handle multiple tasks, learned how to communicate with all type of levels of professional people. Co-workers were great to work with - good team effort. Hardest part of the job was continual changes to corporate flights scheduling flights for 8 executives with 4 corporate jets. Most enjoyable was being compensated for work that I performed and enjoyed assisting team members through out the 240 branches on a daily basis with various issues/questions.
Pros
bonus, able to work and make decisions without supervisory direction.
Cons
healthcare fees
Large Company with many opportunities
Director of Licensing/Compliance and Corporate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 5, 2014
Brown & Brown is a large insurance intermediary and has offices through the US. Plenty of opportunities in an insurance-related field
Professional & Successfull
Quality Assurance Spec. (Former Employee) –  Daytona Bch, FlJanuary 16, 2012
Great place to work. Professional and friendly management and personell. Room for advancement.

4.2