Brown & Brown, Inc Employee Reviews

Brown & Brown, Inc.
Insurance Eligibility Analyst (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYApril 12, 2017
Originally a Florida based company who, in turn, profited from the take over of many small insurance companies throughout the United States. A buy-out of my previous employer proved to be a win for the employer and not the for the employees.
Fantastic Company!!
DIC/ Special Risk Department (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 6, 2017
I worked for Arrowhead General Insurance for almost 5 years.

Fantastic company. Plenty of opportunity for growth. Fun atmosphere.

Really warm, caring, and inspiring executives.

Great place to work!
Established corporation
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Pryor, OKApril 2, 2017
Very established corporation not likely to close unexpectedly. The pay and benefits are pretty standard however good medical coverage with this company is very unaffordable so you get stuck with a high deductible plan, not worth the still high premium. Company stock is purchased for you and 401k is available. I would not go back to this company however as they have unrealistic expectations and so much corporate requirement that you don't have time to do your actual job. Requirements change constantly so ability to comply is very difficult. Huge amount of focus by management on the producers with almost no attention to the support staff.
Pros
Stable Company with average pay
Cons
Too corporate with low job security
Not a great place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 30, 2017
The people are great to work with, but management is very unorganized and does not seem to care about employees or morale. Most employees are underpaid and undervalued.
Pros
Travel, coworkers, flexibility
Cons
Management, compensation, benefits
Love it!
Finance (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 23, 2017
The team is highly enjoyable. Management is great and your time is respected tremendously. Managers are very quick to help and teach you.
productive and fun work place, a good company that's work as a team
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 3, 2017
I just to start my day working with the incoming checks to be process and deposit as well, learning everyday more about accounting staff, as vendors payable, refunds and commissions, write offs, eta., my hardest part of my job was working with the accounts receivables refunds, me and my co-workers we worked as a team and helps us get the work done.
Workplace overview
Personal Lines Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 26, 2015
Love working for this company, management is great and so are my co-workers. The best part of my job is being able to help others who thought that no one would be able to help them. The hardest part of my job is not being able to help everyone. I've learned some very good leadership skills at this job and I'm entrusted with a lot of responsibility here.
Large Company with many opportunities
Director of Licensing/Compliance and Corporate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 5, 2014
Brown & Brown is a large insurance intermediary and has offices through the US. Plenty of opportunities in an insurance-related field
Very goal-oriented - high pressure company to meet required goals.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 11, 2013
Been with Brown & Brown for 20 years. Learned how to work under pressure, handle multiple tasks, learned how to communicate with all type of levels of professional people. Co-workers were great to work with - good team effort. Hardest part of the job was continual changes to corporate flights scheduling flights for 8 executives with 4 corporate jets. Most enjoyable was being compensated for work that I performed and enjoyed assisting team members through out the 240 branches on a daily basis with various issues/questions.
Pros
Bonus, able to work and make decisions without supervisory direction.
Cons
Healthcare fees
A workplace going through changes
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 6, 2013
A typical day was busy and full of deadlines. My excel, reconciliation, and report analysis skills improved. I enjoyed working with all of my co-workers. The management team in place when I begin was a good fit for me, however; the management team in place the last six months of my time there was not. Working in a stressful environment where the management and subordinates didn't mesh well, created an unhappy team and poor moral at the end of my time there. Although, I hear things have improved. I enjoyed learning new things, our annual bonus, and annual department outing.
Fun Place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLOctober 29, 2013
Large agency with wonderful benefits and a great environment. There is a department for every aspect of insurance.