Brown & Toland Physicians Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Stable Company
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 11, 2017
Company operated a satellite office in central valley. 24 hour operation allowing for various convenient work hours. Leadership was always available and knowledgeable.
Pros
Day and night work hours
Cons
advancement only available at home office
Great Product, Great Co-workers
Senior System Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 19, 2017
Brown and Toland was, in many ways, a very fun place to work, with lots of excellent co-workers and projects underway. What it lacked was a cohesive management or process management strategy.
Pros
Amazing work spaces and great bennefits
Cons
Cohesive strategy on process management
Old Management
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 31, 2017
They brought back old management after the new management left. The company says they are start-up style but they are not. The culture is okay if you like to work at a place that doesn't have clear goals or objectives. Some departments are great while others change directions without letting others know.
Pros
There is work life balance
Cons
lack of internal communication
Overall Company
Referral Coordinator/ACD Care Advisor Lead II (Current Employee) –  Oakland, caJune 9, 2017
Great Staff ! Management need to be a little people oriented: other wise, great place to work. Need to upgrade computer system for workers maybe to Epic.
Pros
Staff is great !
Cons
Need competent Management
Don't Apply Here, Run Away!!
Operations (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 5, 2017
The company continues to promote employees that have been with the company since the dark ages. They don't know much about how a corporate company runs or operates because they haven't worked anywhere else to know any better. The CEO who approves these promotions don't seem to care much about their poor skills. These executives have performed poorly for many years! They just had company lay offs but they don't seem to put two and two together that poor employees create poor output. The company is a sinking ship and the people steering the ship are okay with it as long as they have fat pockets for the time being. If you have pride in the work that you do, don't work here. You may have brilliant ideas but the people at the top will treat you like you don't know a thing. Run away from here. It is not a company where you can thrive unless you're likeable, young or a "yes" person.
Pros
Bart stop is right underneath the building so it's convenient commute wise
Cons
Horrible, horrible leadership team. The worse I have ever experienced.
Very Small Company
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT/MARKETING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 1, 2017
I was a contractor. They need to improve their processes and technology. I worked with some nice people there. Learned how to create a webpage for their site.
average
case manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 25, 2017
Frequent turn over due to leadership and not very supportive environment for case managers to work in due to leadership view of clinical staff.
Operates like a small company
Medicare Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 8, 2017
The company has been around for 25 years and still operates like a startup.

Many processes are manual with paper documentation.

Equipment and technology needs upgrading.
Pros
Offers communter and 401k benefits to temporary employees
Dead end employment
Referral Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 23, 2017
This company is for people that stands for nothing so they can fall for anything. No room for advancement, weak minded management, and not appreciative of hard work and dedication. There is no training program in place. You sit with someone that will show you how they do things and then release you so when there are mistakes made, they have someone to point the finger at. Most of the clinical staff members are rude and not helpful. I would not recommend this company to work for.
Pros
Convenient location
Cons
Bad benefits, poor compensation, horrible training, lack of communication
Boring
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 19, 2017
Brown and Toland is a boring company, with no innovations. and people are not adaptive to changes. Your a person who just wants to come to work and do the given work and leave, this is for you.

Want to know more about Brown & Toland Physicians?

Ask a question
Small company and great place to work. Feels like a family.
Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 1, 2016
Excellent place to work. Small company, people are very friendly and there is a feel of a working family. Upper management understands the day-to-day challenges and is involved directly. Also, there are many programs and educational tools. It is a great place to work.
Pros
Small direct personalized treatment.
Cons
Not too much room to advance.
Diverse company
Marketing Coord/Exec Assist to VP/ Brand Strategy (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 15, 2014
Some very nice people work here. There really is no organizational culture although the company seems to be putting forth an effort. Departments are disconnected and there is a huge disconnect between the c-levels/vp's and the normal population of the employees. I think that there could eventually more cohessieness, but it will take a lot of time and work. Agian, there are some really great people that work here.
Pros
nice people
Cons
disconnect between management and non-management
Productive and using knowlege place
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 24, 2014
This was my part time job when I was working at AMR. My typical day was to ensure claims are being processed accurately based on the physicians license.

I need to stay focused with my duties to ensure I am getting 100% audits on processing claims. As I am working with physicians money to ensure I am paying or denying claims accordingly.

Enjoyed working with my co-workers

Hardest part was had to leave this job since I worked more hours at AMR.

Enjoyed working with ICD-9 and HCPC codes.
Claims Processed
CLAIMS EXAMINER (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 19, 2014
Typical day at Brow and Toland was to ensure I am paying the claims correctly for the physicians. We had a manual for each physician and had to ensure they billed for services that they have license for with that said when I am a claims examiner it is my responsibility to know the claim I am paying is authorized for the services. The hardest part of my job was I was working two jobs Brown and Toland as part time claims examiner and a full time at American Medical Response as a biller. I got to experience both sides billing and paying claims.
Nice place to work
SR. RISK ADJUSTMENT ANALYST (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 12, 2014
The working day is pretty much very well organized. Always there is something to learn when you are running several projects at the same time.
The hardest part of the job is to close the month.
Pros
Always there are events that provided free lunches which is a good opportunity to socialize, We celebrate during company time all the holidays.
Cons
I would like to work from home
Customer service , Medical Group
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 20, 2014
Received inbound calls, verified Eligibility, Claims Review, providing accurate information, Explained Benefits and Plans, and updated members demographics.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
Temp
Cutting Edge
Senior Contract Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 10, 2013
This is the leading IPA for the Bay Area. Very professional. and has the feel of a start up.
Non productive place for an innovative person
Health Care Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 19, 2013
At Brown and Toland, I learned about analyzing health care data using EMR systems. I also improvized on my experience using SQL and relational databases.

They don't foster team work, instead looking for someone to take blame.

Don't encourage innovation/taking risks.

Inspite of a having background in clinical medicine, I was asked not to provide any clinical recommendations.
Pros
lots of cupcakes;parties
Cons
don't allow telecommute;

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brown & Toland Physicians. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9