Brown & Toland Physicians

Brown & Toland Physicians Employer Reviews

Productive and using knowlege place
Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Modesto, CAJuly 24, 2014
This was my part time job when I was working at AMR. My typical day was to ensure claims are being processed accurately based on the physicians license.

I need to stay focused with my duties to ensure I am getting 100% audits on processing claims. As I am working with physicians money to ensure I am paying or denying claims accordingly.

Enjoyed working with my co-workers

Hardest part was had to leave this job since I worked more hours at AMR.

Enjoyed working with ICD-9 and HCPC codes.
Claims Processed
CLAIMS EXAMINER (Former Employee), Modesto, CAJune 19, 2014
Typical day at Brow and Toland was to ensure I am paying the claims correctly for the physicians. We had a manual for each physician and had to ensure they billed for services that they have license for with that said when I am a claims examiner it is my responsibility to know the claim I am paying is authorized for the services. The hardest part of my job was I was working two jobs Brown and Toland as part time claims examiner and a full time at American Medical Response as a biller. I got to experience both sides billing and paying claims.
Nice place to work
SR. RISK ADJUSTMENT ANALYST (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 12, 2014
Pros: always there are events that provided free lunches which is a good opportunity to socialize, we celebrate during company time all the holidays.
Cons: i would like to work from home
The working day is pretty much very well organized. Always there is something to learn when you are running several projects at the same time.
The hardest part of the job is to close the month.
Customer service , Medical Group
Customer Service (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: temp
Received inbound calls, verified Eligibility, Claims Review, providing accurate information, Explained Benefits and Plans, and updated members demographics.
Cutting Edge
Senior Contract Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 10, 2013
This is the leading IPA for the Bay Area. Very professional. and has the feel of a start up.
Non productive place for an innovative person
Health Care Quality Analyst (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 19, 2013
Pros: lots of cupcakes;parties
Cons: don't allow telecommute;
At Brown and Toland, I learned about analyzing health care data using EMR systems. I also improvized on my experience using SQL and relational databases.

They don't foster team work, instead looking for someone to take blame.

Don't encourage innovation/taking risks.

Inspite of a having background in clinical medicine, I was asked not to provide any clinical recommendations.

About Brown & Toland Physicians

Brown & Toland, based in San Francisco, is an independent practice association (IPA) of more than 850 community physicians – Read more