Brown-Forman

Brown-Forman Employee Reviews

Amazing Company
Hospitality (Current Employee), Louisville, KYNovember 12, 2014
Brown Forman is an amazing company with so much to learn. They are true to their portfolios and brands.
Great Place to Work
Marketing- Brand Management Specialist (Current Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 24, 2014
It is a really great place to work. The culture is very welcoming and I have learned a lot while being there.
Chance for advancement
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 21, 2014
Pros: large company with good benefits
Once I have been given an assignment I am able to work on my own
Well organized company.
Midwest Region Korbel Brandy Manager (Former Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 1, 2014
At this time I had 10 states in the Midwest, I spent about 75% of the time in WI or MN. Work withs in both on and off premise was a huge part of my time spent. One day a week was given to office duties and about 15% was given to my other markets. I learned that each state had a different value for my products and my job was to bring more importance and production to my brands.
Open and Diverse culture
Assistant (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJune 24, 2014
Pros: great pay, benefits
Cons: careful and slow; things don't happen fast here
Most employees covet their Brown-Forman jobs. BF is a growing, successful company that engages it's employees, provides fantastic benefits and is in an industry that will always be booming. Brown-Forman emphasizes the importance of work/life balance - making sure that it's employees can have flexible work schedules and valuing it's employee's health.

All of my coworkers are nice and very intelligent and I believe that everyone comes to work to do their best because they are happy in their current job. I admire my managers and I am thankful that I get to learn from such bright and talented leaders. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with them on a daily basis and trying to learn as much as I can about the business.

I am looking for employment because I believe that I am ready to take on a more challenging and and more demanding position. That being said, the hardest part about my job is that I often find myself yearning for more difficult work. However, no task is beneath me and I know that I must help my company in every possible capacity in order to grow my professional skills and interests.
Cover Letter
Technical Services Project Manager (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 27, 2014
Over the past two years at Brown-Forman, I have worked in the Project Manager in the Global Production organization managing product innovations (new to market, packaging redesign and extending a new SKU to a new market).

My experiences have allowed me expand to further my knowledge with managing projects, developing and maintaining timeline thru Microsoft Project Management and Google Smartsheet, balancing multi projects simultaneously, communicating with project team members/production sites and project sponsors, leadership and coaching skills and ability to adapt in production environment. The enclosed resume will provide you with more details of my background and some of my abilities.
Good place to work if you are a man
Account Manager North Shore Massachusetts (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 12, 2014
It is a very old school thinking company. Advancement is available at headquarters.
Brown Forman review
Packaging Engineer and Lab Technician (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 21, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere and work environment, great location, challenging projects
Management and coworkers were excellent to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to learn about the alcohol industry. The hardest part of the job was getting use to the techniques and applications of the Brown Forman corporation, once learned the work was much easier.

Technical skills learned:
Label Testing
Re-Shipper Package Testing Gift
Carton Testing
Implementation/Use of ASTM/ISTA Standards
Laid back workplace with great work ethic and atmosphere
Accounts Payable Temporary Employee (Current Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 27, 2014
I typically process invoices and work on excel spreadsheets and databases regarding vendor information. The most important thing I've learned from this is to ask questions and always ask for something to do if there is down time. I enjoy every day I am here because I am learning invaluable real-world experience in the accounting field while not being under the pressure of working and performing at a high level in an accounting firm while taking high level computer information classes to graduate.
Wish I had never wasted my time working here.
Manager (Former Employee), Decatur, AlFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: employer tries to buy off empolyees with lots of free food.
Cons: no leadership, no direction, no training, not family friendly, i could keep going for awhile...
Interview process was not truthful. Management out of touch. Almost no training provided. Vague expectations. Lots of favoritism. Not family friendly. As I said above. Wish I had never worked here. Waste of time and very difficult on my family.
Awesome Job
Forman, Digital Program Manager (Temporary) (Current Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 4, 2014
Absolutely love working for the company. The people are great, the company is very generaous.
Great
Associate, Finance (Current Employee), Louisville, KYNovember 11, 2013
Absolute Security is a certified civilian and professional training agency. We guard special events and various businesses. When guarding businesses we often have to screen the people that come in. We are required to work confidently and efficiently in order to maintain the maximum safety. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I don't have to work in the exact same place everyday. The management for the company are great. They are always wanting the best for their employees and are happy to assist in anything that they need
Great opportunity but poor hours and poor training.
o Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYNovember 3, 2013
Pros: the experience. the people.
Cons: the hours. the lack of management. the lack of training.
I worked the third shift in the quality control lab. My day would start at 10:30pm and end at 7:30am. I was in charge of processing samples of liquor and verifying certain characteristics such as color, alcohol content, pH, and brix. I was also responsible for the maintenance of quality on the bottling line. I learned how to manage my time, balance multiple tasks at once, and anticipate problems before they occur.
Since I worked third shift I was the only person in the lab so management was not present during my shift. I would only have contact with them through emails and text messages. The only issue I had with management was the lack of training. When I asked my manager for help with an issue I was having, my manager sent me to a different department to learn how that department operates rather than help fix the problem I was having in my department.
My co-workers were excellent. The people I worked with were hard workers, very nice, and extremely professional. They were also very easy to talk to and get along with.
The hardest part of my job was the hours. I found it very difficult to work during third shift considering I was tired the majority of the time. It was difficult to sleep during the day and this affected most aspects of my social and professional life.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. I had a great time working with everybody on my shift.
Unorganized
General labor (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 4, 2013
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: unstructured work dynamic
Unorganized production environment in comparison to other production environments. Equipment is slightly dated. Unstructured work dynamic.
A wonderful work environment. This Fortune 500 Company offered great perks and enhancements as well as stability which allowed growth.
Bottling and Maintenance Administrator (Former Employee), Louisville, KYApril 8, 2013
My most recent position involved processing payroll for Maintenance and Bottling employees to include editing lunch, shift differential and other extra pay incentives; verifying correctness of hours worked, etc. Additionally, I scheduled necessary training and proper licencing for various skilled trades. I managed Safety and off campus conferences to assure compliance with other agencies. I enjoyed the variety of assignments and awarding perks to employees for a job well-done.
Good overall place to work.
Assistant Vice President, Supply Chain Operations (Former Employee), Lynchburg, TNJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: team work
Cons: capital expenditures
I had a good place to work and enjoyed working there. They provided a good employment package and benefits.
good company
Corporate Development (M&A) Summer Associate (Former Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 22, 2012
very collaborative work environment, good compensation, fun environment and lots of out of work activities

About Brown-Forman

Brown-Forman, founded in 1870, is a diversified producer and marketer of fine quality beverage alcohol brands. Headquartered in – Read more

Brown-Forman Salaries