Brown Brothers Harriman & Co Employee Reviews

tech based position
Corporate Actions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 19, 2017
not much to say. worked in corporate actions , we recorded corp transactions. It was a good job out of college but not long term. Management was nice and flexible
Do more with less
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 24, 2017
Understandably a business is designed to be profitable; however this comes at the expense of the very few that are excellent employees. Certain employees have a high work ethic, want to always do their best and exceed their job responsibilities. These employees tend to be overlooked and undervalued. It's all about perception and who you know rather than qualifications.
Pros
colleagues
Cons
pay, advancement, perception, favoritism
great place to work
Operations Specialist Wealth Management (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 5, 2017
High workload, teamwork, must be organized and detail oriented. Management is great. Work-family balance. Flexible work hours. but at busy times of the year, you may work extra hours.
Pros
friendly
Great first job
Executive Assistant to Partner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 15, 2017
BBH was a fantastic way to enter corporate America. It was there that I learned the bulk of my computer skills and introductory banking regulations, accounting processes, and daily administrative duties.
Pros
Nice people. Helpful to those of us who were new to corporate America.
Great place if you have a good manager but they're hard to come by
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 4, 2017
When I started at BBH I loved it, I thought I'd spend my whole career there but then the senior management changed and the whole culture of the company gradually changed too. If you are looking for a great place to start your career and learn a lot, there's opportunity but you'll probably need to be able to deal with a really high maintenance manager.
Good Place to Grow
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2015
As a small company there are plenty of opportunities for growth within your career. Great for stability and work/life balance.
OK at best
Lead Corporate Actions Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 14, 2015
Your work experience is contingent upon what department you work for. The benefits are fairly decent, however, they pay is terrible. With 3 years experience you are making as much as an entry level employee at other firms for the same position. Management for the most part is fair, however, on many teams, like mine for example, are quite unorganized. It is a good place to get started, however, it takes many years to finally reap the benefits of your hard work
Pros
Cafe, lots of young people
Cons
Poor salary, heavy reliance on temps who eventually are let go
Good place to work but not advance
Treasury Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  new york,NYAugust 27, 2015
This is one of the last Boys clubs. You need an Ivy league education or Rich relative to advance. Pay is good but advancement is limited
Great people and culture
Corporate Actions (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 3, 2015
Overall BBH has great employees that are passionate about their work. They are focused on career mobility and providing their clients with the best services. The company's culture made work enjoyable.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  New YorkMay 13, 2015
I worked among Partners and top executive who understood work/life balance. Unfortunately, management in some areas of the bank lacked sensitivity. At times, it was like being in high school all over again and gossip was all around.
Pros
Work Life balance
Cons
Management truly require more sensitivity training
a good place to balance work and life
Business Analyst/Application Support (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 13, 2015
Work started at 9am and ended on 5pm. The pace is relatively slow. A lot of employee have been in the company for a long time. But the company has a good reputation in mutual fund.
Exceptional Firm to Start a Career
Senior Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 5, 2015
Very productive and friendly culture is consistent throughout the firm. There is a lot of attention to talent development from top-to-bottom within the firm. Additionally, the management is very hands-on and effective.

Although the company does a solid job of recognizing exceptional work, the compensation and benefits provide little incentive for top performers to stick around.

Overall, I would recommend working at BBH as the people are top-class. Additionally, it is a terrific place to start a career.
Ratings
Client Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 10, 2014
Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution that has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most discerning and sophisticated individuals and institutions with expertise in Private Banking, Investment Management, and Investor Services. We proudly execute five principles. These pillars define how we interact with our clients and our colleagues on a daily basis.
Interesting Place to Work
Systems Engineering/Consultant Intern (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 29, 2014
I learned while working at Brown Brothers (BBH). Everything about the company was great and working for them was a good experience - even if it was for a summer internship.
Pros
Great Employees/Environment to work in
Good Company, lacking strong management
Client Account Manager-Client Service Group (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 16, 2014
great group of people to work with, hard group of workers that really are the backbone of their business. The workers are easily the strongest resources for the company.
Solid Company
Mutual Fund Accountant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 15, 2014
Worked in cash movements department. Record subscriptions, redemptions and flow of cash from assigned mutual funds. Learn and navigate proprietary database. Analyze data in order to make correct cash entries into the database. Ad-Hoc interest calculations and Bloomberg references.
Excellent company culture
Senior Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 4, 2014
After working for a big bank for almost 2 years , I decided to join much smaller private bank. It's been a great learning experience and it was nice to actually be feasible to upper management. A typical day for me includes responding to ad hoc requests associated with amending client parameters and working closely with Relationship management. The people I work with a great and I have learned so much from them . During our so called " busy season" it can be challenging responding to all the requests in a timely manner but my years of experience have definitely helped me learn how to prioritize and meet demands so everyone is satisfied. I enjoy coming to work and knowing once we get the business , the very first most important task is to set up these clients in the system , which is what I do.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Difficult to move up within the company
Good work life balance
Project /Product Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 29, 2014
Great place to work, good work life balance.
Great exposure to senior management and partners.
Pros
good work life balance, opportunity for growth
Cons
pay
If you're a temp, good to pay bills for a few months. That's it.
Client Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 5, 2014
I was a temp working in Client Account Profile in Jersey City. The people are nice, the training is non-existent. They are trying to get rid of the whole office and ship it to Poland. That's where you come in. There is no room for advancement as a temp, so don't believe any of that perm stuff they say. They will get rid of you without warning, so don't be a jerk, put in a few months of work, and start the search up again. Good insight into operations, good name on resume.
Pros
Nice people, given unusual amount of responsibility for a temp
Cons
No perm opportunities, work harder than full-timers, no real training
Lacks in employee growth
Investor Service & Markets Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 26, 2014
The daily work environment does not change much. Employees come in take care of their duties and tasks. I would say that is a easy going environment. Communication with management and other departments could be improved.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brown Brothers Harriman & Co. Our community is ready to answer.

Brown Brothers Harriman & Co Reviews by Location