Brown Brothers Harriman

Brown Brothers Harriman Employee Reviews

Not the best
Operations Section Manger (Former Employee), Boston, MaJune 17, 2015
BBH will tell you they are the best but they are not. They will try to brain wash you but there are much better places to work.
Company from the 1800's
Summer Analyst Corporate Banking (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 26, 2015
Pros: Short Hours
Cons: Too many to say
Awful company. Totally from a different time. As if they gt caught in a time machine. Operate with tiny margins. Only partners make money. Quality of employees is laughable.
Somewhat interesting work, decent people
Operations (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 9, 2015
Pros: Good people
Cons: Upward mobility is essentially non-existent.
It's essentially a 9-5 gig. Constantly busy which is usually good because the days go by faster. Make decent connections at other custodian banks. Hiring practices are unusual and are a cause for concern.
OK Experience
Trade Specialist (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 27, 2015
Pros: Career advancement opportunities
Cons: long hours
Big company so you just feel like another number. Very departmentalized but operations ran smoothly. Management can change a lot but this showed career advancement opportunity. Can be long hours and pay is OK.
Productive work place
Expense Fund Accountant (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 15, 2015
Great company located in downtown Boston, bunch of different departments. Learned alot about mutual funds and what it takes to run them. Gets old after a while same thing everyday.
Very talented people, progressive systems
Sr. Financial Reporting Analyst (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 27, 2015
Work can be cyclical shifting from extremely busy to nothing to do. Good place if you are in school, company pays for education.
Ensured the delivery of stock loan payments.
Corporate Actions Income Specialist (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 24, 2015
It was a good entry level job. I learned a lot about stock loans and income dividend payments. I worked with some very professional people and wrote some excel macros for the team.
Great company
Fund Administrator (Contract) (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 11, 2015
Great place to work. You will learn a lot fast and the people there are very nice. They treat you well and the pay is good. Overall I have really enjoyed my time at this great company
Cannot effectively review a company 10 years past employment period
Assistant Vice President for Network Management (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 22, 2015
Its been 10 years since I worked at BBH and cannot effectively review this company. I can comment that during my time with the company, I did not feel supported by senior management or support groups. However, I did enjoy working with my colleagues.
Productive and easy-going place to work
FX Trade Support- Middle Office (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 22, 2015
Pros:
Staff is friendly.
Management is on a name to name basis with its employees.
Workload can be tough at times but never to stressful.

Cons:
Compensation is horrible.
Long hour shifts (OT is guaranteed).
Full-Time Temporary Account Set-Up Specialist
Account Set-Up Specialist (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: company culture, management
Cons: career advancement
The company culture and atmosphere are definitely positives

I have been working here for about 6 months now and no permanent position has materialized yet.

It is difficult to have work that is contingent on only hourly pay.

It is a fast moving and rapid development type of role where new information and procedures are always implemented.
Great Culture
FX Business Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 16, 2015
The Culture at BBH is great. Cut project unexpectedly 1 year short.
Brown Brothers Harriman
FUND ACCOUNTANT and CUSTOMER FUNDS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), LuxembourgDecember 10, 2014
Pros: business culture
Cons: strategy implementation
My working day used to start at 8:30.
I dealt with customer issues. I was completely dedicated to emerging markets clients and their degree of satisfaction was my main rewards. Lesson Learned: How a company implement its strategy is much more important than its strategy itself. The hardest part of the job was to deal with a Chinese and Indian Teams ate the same time from an European country.
Great Place to Work
Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Centennial, CODecember 5, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
I was a contractor and always felt secure in my job at BBH. I only left to seek full-time employment elsewhere because there weren't any open positions at BBH!
Okay
HR Senior Administrator Talent Acquisition Support (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 1, 2014
For starting out in the business world this company does have many positions to offer recent grads.
Professional Environment with great management
Treasury Services Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 18, 2014
My experience at Brown Brothers Harriman was extremely informational and engaging. Each day I was able to strive for greatness and complete new tasks presented to me. I wasn't treated like an intern but rather a co-worker which made the environment easy to work in.
Turnovers and temps
FX (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 13, 2014
Pros: location. conveniently located near the 4/5/6, 2/3, & e line.
Cons: too busy to eat lunch or use the restroom.
At first, I thought this was a great place to work at, but that quickly changed. Initially, one would think the work environment is friendly and laid back, but you will soon realize it is hostile and promotes instilling fear tactics. There's a significant turnover ratio and people being fired (lay off). I'm not an HR expert, but I think there are quite a bit of temp employees in every group / team. Literally, every group (even if there are only 3 people) has a temp. This, it is very difficult to maintain a sound group structure and workflow when they let them go and rehire another temp, especially since the group doesn't know about it until the last minute. They are losing quite customers and high-net worth clients as their conservative models are not changing with the current flow of markets. Changing strategies are too difficult due the partnership heirarchy. Hence, their next move is to outsource to Poland. They are not the big players in the Finance industy and many big player competitors are surprised they are still in business. If it wasn't for their Custody business, they would probably be out of business already. If you choose to work here, make sure you think about long-term strategies as your days here might be limited. If you have family or dependent relatives, it might not be the best place for you. I've never seen entire departments just closing their business nor Managing Directors being let go due to their Divisions being shut down. If anything, know that the pay is quite low (such as entry-level standards) compared with the competitors. If you live in New York City, you definately should be able to find a better paying job even if you are only a secretary or in customer service.
Oldest Privately Owned Bank
Business Analyst, Associate (Current Employee), Boston, MANovember 11, 2014
Pros: firm has good reputation
Cons: work/ life balance could be better. also, employee demographics should be more diverse.
Firm has a good reputation.
Privately owned makes for a more personal work culture.
Productive and fun workplace
Trade Supervisor (Current Employee), Boston, MASeptember 3, 2014
Learned a lot and positive work environment with team players. Everyone is on board to assist others.
Great start.
Tax Analyst (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: small department, short commute
Cons: only a temporary position
I worked here as a temp, therefore when the opportunity to go full time at State Street opened up, I jumped at it. I learned a lot from this company and learned how to do things "the long way" which benefited me moving forward.

1 2 3 4

About Brown Brothers Harriman

Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is one of the oldest, largest, and most prestigious private banks in the US. Founded in 1818 and – Read more

Brown Brothers Harriman Salaries