Brown College Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Run away!
Management (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNJune 20, 2015
Literally the worst job I have ever had, worst place I have ever worked and I am one who can survive and thrive just about anywhere. In general, I would stay away from for-profit higher education altogether. I was in a management role; have always been a strong advocate for my teams which was not valued, the demands went beyond ridiculous and (politically) you constantly have to watch your back. I worked under two presidents and multiple VP's - didn't matter who was in those roles, they were all pretty awful.
Pros
Faculty who care
Cons
Senior leadership has been consistently terrible
Registrar Position
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNApril 3, 2014
I enjoyed the responsibilities & tasks associated with being a Registrar. I was able to demonstrated my skills & abilities of scheduling students in a fast & organzed way, as well as assisting students with various university policies in order to make their education experience based on support in order to help students be successful.
Broadcast Department was very comprehensive
Radio Broadcast Instructor (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNJanuary 30, 2014
I enjoyed learning even as I taught within an enthusiastic student body.
Great teachers and staff
Associate of Applied Science degree (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNNovember 6, 2013
Great school classes are only 5 weeks but the teachers are wonderful and make sure you understand the material.
Awesome place to work
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 30, 2012
Great company to work for with great job placement. We offer students professional training and career services.
It's a negative and unfriendly environment. Nobody wants to be there...even the students!!
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNJune 25, 2012
This school has so much potential except everything operates out of the Corporate office and they don't seem to care about this ailing school. The website is outdated and for months the phone numbers weren't even correct. We were told in December that a team was working on revamping it but it's now end of June and it's still the same, out-dated site it was this time last year. It took the school six months to get their updated course catalogs and when we finally received them they had so many spelling errors on them I was too embarrassed to hand them out to hand them out to potential students in fear that might laugh in my face that I pretended we were all out! The school itself has such a negative online rating from the way they handle their students and faculty that it's hard to recruit new students. Plus, once you get a potential student that wants to start with you regardless of all the negativity that surrounds this place you better make sure they can start immediately because the Director of Admissions and campus President will fire you or threaten to put you on a performance plan if you don't bully the student into starting now versus when it works best for the student!!
Cons
if you like hunger games then you'll love working here!
It can be a fun place to learn and go to school at.
Student (Former Employee) –  Mendota Hts, MNMay 11, 2012
I have been there more than once. I like that the classes are small and you can get the help from professionals to learn what you need in order to perform to the best extent for any job.
Pros
there is quite a bit of help if you need it
Cons
there is mostly vending machines to eat from there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brown College. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9