Brown Distributing Employee Reviews

Great workplace with a ton of opportunity!
Director of Sales, Specialty Division (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 16, 2018
4th generation family owned company with young ownership willing to invest and take calculated risks. The industry is changing a ton right now and will continue to change, providing plenty of opportunity for self driven employees to make a name for themselves and have an impact on the direction of the company for years to come.
Brown Distributing
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA 23228December 26, 2017
Brown Distributing was one of my first jobs. I learn to drive a forklift and eighteen wheeler also the first time I was in a leadership role. I learn a lot at this job.
Pros
they would teach you
Cons
they don't pay you for what you know
Ok work place
Northern Virginia Craft Beer Sales (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 5, 2017
Being 2 hours away from the office is nice. That aid lack of support was very frustrating. They never understood how fast paced NoVa is compared to Richmond.
Pros
Work at your pace, not much office time
Cons
lack of support with needs
Work Environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 26, 2017
wonderful place to work. The managers and employees were very nice and comfortable to work with. They were very patient to make sure I understood my job assignment
Terrible place to work
Route driver (Former Employee) –  OhioOctober 12, 2017
Drivers have had ONE raise in the last 15 years. No advancement what so ever. Backstabbing everywhere. Swing driver is the worst position. Owner is a greedy old man that will cut you off in a heartbeat. No idea how he sleeps at night
Pros
Cons
Getting hired
Easy job and great home time
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHOctober 9, 2017
Was a great place to work when i was first hired as a driver. After almost 2 years the drivers decided to go to the owner about a raise. Me and one other driver were the ones to talk to him about it. Two days later we were let go. Never called off, always did my job, and was let go just like that simply for talking about a raise. The other driver was fired as well. He was there for 15 years.
If you like the Beer Industry, this is the place for you.
Small Format Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 12, 2017
The work is fast paced, and growing. If you like to challenge yourself this is where you belong. You will build lasting relationships with your customers all the while seeing the latest and greatest in the industry.
Unhealthy enviroment
Grocery team (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 10, 2017
From day to day you do not know if you will have a job the next day. Constantly "cleaning house" to get rid of employees. Management repeatedly tell us "this job is the most important thing in your life right now". Hours and pay are changed before checks are cut in order to benefit the company.
Pros
Held high the standards of customers eye
Cons
Too many to list
Good Place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 10, 2017
As long as you can manage time on your own then days will go by fairly smoothly. For the most part you will be on your own to do your day to day work.
It was a great experience
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 30, 2017
Great job for a new beginner they give up all the tools but they don't teach you all the tips you need to know pretty much you learn everything on site

Want to know more about Brown Distributing?

Ask a question
Have Fun Selling Beer!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 24, 2017
I really loved my time spent working for Brown Distributing Company. I started out as I merchandiser and was able to work my way up to a Sales Representative. Really enjoyed working with my co-workers and had a great management team.
Pros
Win Incentives
Fun environment and great beer
DIGITAL MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 11, 2017
I loved my job at Brown Distributing. Lots of freedom, great work/life balance, awesome industry with a lot of incredible people. There is a really good team environment amongst all departments.
Productive and fun work place
Forklift Operator for A-B Wholesalers (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 7, 2017
Working for Brown distributing is a great learning experience for those who are willing to learn about the A-B (Anheuser-Busch) industry. Also for warehouse workers who like to operate forklifts. They also have great opportunities for those who are seeking C.D.L licenses...
Pros
Free breaks (2) 15mins, unlimited overtime, weekend offs
Cons
Only 2 paid hoildays
Would Recommend
College Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 5, 2017
Brown Distributing is a great company to work for. I enjoy every minute of it. The people are great, the events that we work are fun and the company promotes a very welcoming atmosphere.
n/a
Pricing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 4, 2017
Brown Distributing is a beer distributor in West Palm Beach, FL

Not a pleasant place to work
No room for advancement
Was not challenged with my work and became extremely bored and discontent.
Steady Grind
On-Premise Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Henrico County, VAFebruary 22, 2017
The beer industry is coming into a new frontier with all the craft breweries popping up in every town in America. The niche is craft beer and that is taking a toll on many domestic products. The bad part about it is that the large domestic brands are the ones giving the advertisement money to stay relevant. It's difficult to balance what the market is asking for with what is paying the majority of the companies bills.
Great place, and working inviroment.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 2, 2016
Got to meet new people every day from helping out the stores.

I learned a lot about beer and how to work a power lift.

Management was good helped me when I needed it.

Co workers helped and taught me things about the job.

'hardest part was making sure everything look good during a rush hour.

I enjoyed the company I had at the stores
You learn what hard work is real quick!
Grocery Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 19, 2016
I love the Budweiser brand.... Beer distriubtion is anything but love. Its a very competitive and testing job at most positions. There are many many good people tat work here but management tends to be very cheap and stretch people a little too thin. Brown is a good place to start after college because you do have the ability to move up.
Awesome work place
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 18, 2016
This was one of the best companies I had the opportunity to work for. The management was great and it felt like a family. Loved to go work everyday...
Pros
Great workers
Cons
Sold the company
Family Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 6, 2016
Good company to work for, really like the people. The company is Family owned and has a small company feel. There are allot of benefits such as event tickets and or course Beer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brown Distributing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9