Brown Mackie College Employee Reviews in United States

Stressful
Student Success Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 13, 2016
The new campus president came in and fired 12 people in less than a year, gave me a raise only to lay me off later for making the most in my department.
Supportive, postitive and a great pleasure to work for.
Department Associate (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 8, 2016
I truly believe that during my work study I was treated with great respect. I was able to have tasks that were material sensitive and allowed to still work while I was attending college. All of my supervisors and colleagues were helpful and encouraging.
Nice place to work
PN Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Bend, IN 46635April 2, 2016
I do not have enough work to keep busy, I feel like all I do is sit around. I am an assistant for the Practical Nursing program but I ask all directors of all the programs if they have anything for me to do.
unqual work and life balance
Lead Department Chair- Early Childhood Education (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 18, 2016
Requires a lot for a little.

Spends majority of day doing retention. Hires on false contingencies. Hired as Lead Instructor. Told a month later I was dept head and given responsibilities including overall dept with out pay increase. expected to work 11 hour days or longer.
engergetic and practical
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 3, 2016
Conducting psychology course for students, providing the relevant course work for student's comprehension and requirement for their program.
Pros
teaching adults
Cons
overall complaints
Brown Mackie College
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 24, 2016
Brown Mackie has provided me with the opportunity to advance my teaching and administrative skills. I am able to use ecollege technology to accommodate students with blended learning needs. I have also increased my faculty development experience through participation in continuing education hours.
Pros
One class per month
Cons
Uncertain teaching schedule each month
Classroom instructor
Classroom Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 2, 2016
4 hour teaching periods every Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday
Each class is completed in 1 month
Usually teach 2 classes each month
Management was on site and available when needed
Coworkers were helpful and friendly
Most enjoyable: Working with the students.
Hardest part: Keeping the students engaged for 4 hours at a time.
Pros
Set schedule each month
Cons
Hours reduction with no notice
Fun place to work
Student Accounting Advisor (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJanuary 29, 2016
A good foot in the door company. The work life balance was great. The job was not very challenging. I would tell someone out of school to work there.
Pros
PTO
Cons
SALARY
Horrible and overbearing
Adjunct Faculty Instructor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 13, 2016
This is a horrible company to work for and especially the parent company; EDMC. I would not recommend working for this organization. This company does not care about their students or their employees.
Cons
As an adjunct you are not important to this organization.
I love what I do
Adjunct Instructor - Medical Assisting (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MOJanuary 8, 2016
I love working with my students. I love seeing their faces when they succeed with their skills.

Teaching students their medical assisting clinical skills include: EKG, phletotomy, health history and vitals, giving injections and urinalysis.

My job is not hard, it is challenging at times.

The most enjoyable part is when my clinical students are hired.

My coworkers are great!
Pros
I am allowed to teach as I need to.
Love my job
Adjunct Psychology Professor (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 29, 2015
I love working for Brown Mackie as an Adjunct professor. I love my students and my coworkers. BMC is a wonderful place to work. My only complaint is that I would like to work full time and have more consistent income.
Pros
Coworkers, students
Cons
inconsistency with income
Surgical Technology Program Chair (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MODecember 22, 2015
A typical day is intense to help student reach their goals, but seeing how successful they become makes it all worth the time and effort put in to the students.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
flexibility in the classrooms by instructors
Strong environment for career focused students
Assistant Director of Admissions/ Student Success (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 19, 2015
Brown Mackie College offers a direct path to a career focused degree allowing students to earn their degree in two years. The one course a month format and year round classes help adult learners accomplish their goals quickly.
Pros
Scheduling and student support services
Cons
Attendance policy is not flexible if student has need to miss more than two class days at a time
Fast paced and exciting if your willing to work
Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 18, 2015
Overall I had a positive experience with this company and had the chance to work with some great people. However due to the nature of the job it does not leave a lot of time outside of work to have a healthy balance. Also it was a constant race to a deadline every month which can tend to burn people out pretty quickly.
student work study gave lots of experience.
Student work (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 18, 2015
Great experience for any student.
Wish i had more time to work with them.
Worked around classes and homework.
Worked what you could.
Helpful staff.
Pros
Flexibility, Experience.
Cons
Not a long programs from me.
Thanks
Student Financial Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 17, 2015
Thank you for giving me an opportunity to work for this school, I take away so many things, the hardest part was making sure all students met the requirement to receive their financial assistance.
LPN program lacking guidance
RN, CNL (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 10, 2015
Arizona Board of Nursing is requiring program to be suspended. Program does not meet standards of Nursing Practice Act. Required me to work 80 hours weekly.
Pros
The students were great
Cons
Program not organized.
My days
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Bettendorf, IADecember 1, 2015
A typical work day for me and fun yet busy. Constantly doing something, and my co-workers annd management are amazing. I am constantly working with files, meeting deadlines and setting up new projects/ events. I do inventory in the student store and make sure everything is flowing nicely.
Enjoyable part of job
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 28, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is transferring the knowledge I possess to help my students become successful. Each student learns differently and knowing I am making a difference in someone's life means a great deal to me.
Diverse environment where I get to pursue my degree.
Clerical/Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INNovember 26, 2015
I enjoy expressing my abilities and being in a professional environment where I can assist Department Heads. Being able learn the ins and out about different Majors that the college has to offer has made me want to pursue degrees and go to the top.
Pros
Able to make my own schedule and get paid to learn.
Cons
Healthcare Benefits, only can do a maximum of 20 hours per week