Brown Mackie College

Brown Mackie College Employee Reviews

My introduction to teaching college
Criminal Justice Instructor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 28, 2017
I enjoy what I do. Young people can be hungry for education, which makes my job a pleasure. I am sorry that the school is closing, as I truly appreciated this opportunity to connect with the young people in this arena.
Pros
Young people learning
Cons
the school is closing
Stressful!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 25, 2017
I worked in the financial aid office. The people that visited the financial aid office were usually students that were upset about their school loans or were there for an appointment to start or continue their loans. I had to greet the students, advise their loan officer that they were ready for their appointment, or if they did not have an appointment, find an available loan officer to assist them. The loan officers were very understaffed, so this was usually a challenge.
Pros
Helping students
Cons
Not having the resources to assist the students with all of their needs
Outstanding academic environment
Adjunct Art History Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 3, 2017
BMC is an outstanding academic and higher learning institution. Students received the utmost in professional training, within their specific area of study.
Pros
Excellent academic environment
Cons
Sessions move rapidly and quickly
Fast-paced Learning
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 1, 2017
BMC classes are not for everyone as the learning is fast-paced. Every month classes turn over. But BMC's calendar of classes provides a group of citizens with an opportunity to learn and get into the workforce. It has been good for me to work there and help others learn.
Opportunity to make a difference
Associate Director of Career Services (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 21, 2017
Brown Mackie College Miami is dedicated to providing opportunities for higher education to a culturally diverse population through a compassionate approach that empowers its students. Each program provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary to achieve personal and professional success. Graduates are prepared for life's challenges and a career that will positively impact their families and community.
Pros
Open door policy
Not a positive environment.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 20, 2017
One month delivery is not support student learning at the level needed to be successful in the long-term practice of nursing. Students not well prepared for the role ahead of them.
The staff cares about what is best for their students.
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHFebruary 12, 2017
I have worked there for over 6 years in total. The staff all gets along with each other and works for the good of the students. I have learned many things while working there including some teaching skills and time management skills.
Very rewarding. The main interest was make sure we made a diference in our students life, their success!
Student Advisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 9, 2017
Amazing job experience, opportunities to growth and rewarding results. Helping the less fortunate to obtain a higher education. A truly rewarding experience.
Great experience
Nursing Faculty (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 8, 2017
Many changes in management and curriculum. Teaching was highlight of experience. Flexibility a must. Long hours required at times.
Opportunity
Chair and Director, Clinical Engineering (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 7, 2017
Allowed students to apply themselves and actively participate in their career preparation. Taught students who to this point, did not realize their potential.
Pros
Watching student growth
Good job. 82 Characters
Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 1, 2017
Good job. This section is required to submit my resume on indeed. I have no strong feelings toward the former company. This is useless as the company has closed and reviews are not going to be heeded by anyone.
Helped to grow confidence
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 29, 2017
Working while being a student was a great experience. It allowed me to help other students that were in the same position. It allowed me to build contacts and grow as a leader to my fellow classmates.
Pros
Work in same building as attending classes
Cons
Not allowed to work many hours a week
A school that cares nothing about students education
Surgical Technology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJanuary 27, 2017
This company is only after the money that the students can provide to them. Never have they been concerned with whether or not the students are actually learning the specific program. Many times we were told to just push them through so we would have a higher pass rate. Numerous times students would be caught cheating and yet they would not have any consequences or bother trying to learn the material after that. Many unprepared students were sent into the professional world during externships and many sites were lost due to the sub par knowledge the students had which could be traced back to the Dean and the President (which many did not have educational backgrounds)
Pros
Decent Schedule
Cons
too many to list
Great instructors to work with, supervisors not so much.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 23, 2017
Good place to work if you have no expectation of going any higher. Have to work morning and night classes, so work life balance is not that great. Overall developed new skills and was a positive place to work.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Not a good company to work for
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 21, 2017
Horrible company culture and feelings of threats for your job was constant. Employees didn't get along because of the culture. Leadership was subpar and had no experience in leading educational organizations.
Pros
Everything but pay.
Cons
Pay
Reliable employment with fair benefits
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJanuary 19, 2017
Brown Mackie College was a great place of employment for me, I truly enjoyed my job there & only resigned because of hours being cut & the distance in which I live from the college. I was able to learn many things & grow professionally during my time at BMC, I learned a lot about the admission program including how to enroll students into the system, customer service skills, multi-line phone systems & lead rotation as well as pulling reports & microsoft excel. The only down fall that I can honestly say is during the time in which I was employed there, near the end there was a lot of change in my intimidate supervisors, at one point I had 4 different supervisors in the span of about 2 years. It made for a very stressful work place at the time, however I can not say anything for how things are currently.

The hardest part of my job at Brown Mackie College was probably multi-tasking the needs of the admission reps, the students in the waiting area & the phone simultaneously however it is manageable with experience & confidence. The most enjoyable part of the job was the professional growth in which I obtained during my time there & the fact that I was able to meet so many different people & to have had such a great work family in the admissions office.
Pros
Professional growth, set schedule, fair benefits
Cons
Frequent management changes
Awesome Students Made this place
Registrar Assistant and Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX and Atlanta, GAJanuary 17, 2017
I was happy to come to work everyday. It didn't feel like work... it was fun! I liked working here because for the most part, my co-workers believed in what the did. I liked that I got to help people from students to faculty. The best part was being able to use technology to teach math (a vastly challenging subject to many). The students' ambition to learn a adapt a new attitude and work hard was very rewarding. I hate this place is closing down...else I would still be there. It became more challenging after the announcement of the teach-out. I watched as my co-workers' and students' ambition decline. Before this, it was an awesome place to be!
productive
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 16, 2017
Teaching all aspects of business management to assigned class
Observe/Teach learning objectives
Utilizes a variety of instructional strategies in order to engage students, cooperative/experiential learning
Meet with academic department chair to develop courseware and curriculum
Evaluates student performance promptly and accurately based on departmental rubrics
Pros
part time
Cons
not fully online teaching
good job with family
RN Clinical Nursing Instructor (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 15, 2017
Nice job with having a family, but the student population that is taught is tough to deal with. the students wanted to sit on cell phones and did not want to preform in the clinical setting. thought they were not in school to preform patient care and work with patients. not all students but the majority of them
Pros
good hours
Cons
bad students
Terrible managment and administration.
Student Worker/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJanuary 14, 2017
I learned nothing. I created a department for the school to utilize instead they decided to go with other ideas and not provide the services needed to students. I believe it should be about the students and not the administration and income bringing to the school.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brown Mackie College. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9