Brown Mackie College Employee Reviews

no review
College Admissions Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJanuary 17, 2018
The company is no longer in business so it is pointless to be required to make a 150 minimum review of this company since they are no longer in business
the program had many flaws in relation to teaching and organization
student nurse (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 10, 2018
instructors were quitting constantly, many showed little interest in the students progress.
Many accusations against a student were unfounded.
the E-Books were hard to study with and ended up buying the hardback anyway
Tuition too high
Pros
immediate entrance
Cons
too fast paced for nursing school
Brown Mackie College is out of business
INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ALJanuary 10, 2018
This was a good place to work at the location I worked. Later they started implementing cost cutting measures such as not longer providing free coffee for employees. They are not out of business.
Pros
co workers
Cons
No longer in business
Personal eduction with adequate training
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJanuary 8, 2018
Typical day at work was eventful with the ongoing interaction between student and instructor.
Relaxed, friendly environment with personal attention.
Learned much about the medical field and application of knowledge.
Pros
student centered
Cons
business closed
Brown Mackie College
Program Chair/Director (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INDecember 28, 2017
The college was fast-paced which, I felt did not give enough time for instructors to prepare students for the careers applied. Management lacked understanding and fairness.
Pros
discounts and benefits
Cons
extended hours
Teachers who are skilled at communication, classroom management and appropriate discipline techniques create a positive learning environment.
Lead Instructor of Allied healthcare Dept (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 12, 2017
Teachers who come to the classroom with good communication skills help students feel at ease in their environment. Teachers who are able to use both verbal and non-verbal communication help students understand what is expected of them and help build their confidence in learning. Body language, positive word reinforcement and appropriate and effective language for discipline create a classroom that inspires students to try, without fear that they will be judged unfairly.
Pros
Power of teaching - It changes the life of students
Cons
t is time consuming and needs determination from teacher and students.
Administfative/Management
Assistant to Registrars' Office (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 9, 2017
The typical day of work was very beneficial for the management position I look to enter into. I learned from a very diverse culture of young men and women who had multiple needs and meeting the need.
Pros
Experience and Development in Management
Cons
Closing of the College
hardest part was
NURSING INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INDecember 5, 2017
the hardest part was the for profit environment . the students and staff were not involved in the decision making nor of the success/ failure of the program. It was sad, as the faculty worked very hard to help the students succeed.
Pros
no weekends
Cons
low pay, for profit organization
A rigorous, fast paced nursing program.
nursing faculty (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 30, 2017
I learned a lot about teaching and learning with adult students.
I improved my computer skills.
I am grateful for the people I taught with, but hope not to work in a for profit environment again.
very unethical and deceiving
Director of Academic Affairs (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 27, 2017
Very unethical and deceiving. Enrolled students that id not have the skill set to suceed. Did not have the infastruture to assist student with necessary development to suceed.
Good proprietary college environment
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 26, 2017
As career colleges go, it was a fairly good experience. I gained a lot of experience in the career college industry and learned a lot about the culture.
Pros
knowledge about proprietary education
Cons
sales quotas, was really more of a sales position than educational advisor
Complete joke.
Professor of Philosophy (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 15, 2017
Designed to extract government money in the form of student loans with no regard for the students or the education being provided. Basically a diploma mill.
Director, Student Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 11, 2017
The company culture varied depending on what department you worked in . There was a corporate office when handed deliverables out to the campuses.

My campus was pleasant to work at. I enjoyed having other campuses to reach out to for assistance.
BMC Indianapolis no longer exists
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 10, 2017
I loved teaching our students. I enjoyed most of the other teachers.
This was, however, the most poorly managed, stressful company I have ever worked for.
I loved this place
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 10, 2017
I didn't want to leave. I loved teaching for this company. They laid me off because the school is closing in 2018. I really want to get back to teaching
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
location downtown
The workplace was overall pleasant
Student Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 8, 2017
the employees of the company were hard working and cared about the success of the students at the school. The corporate office issues many request and offered great training initially but things changed after some time. The compensation was excellent and the benefits.
Productive work place
Greenville, South Carolina Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXOctober 13, 2017
Productive fun learning experience. I enjoyed working with wonderful, caring and hard working professionals giving there all to meet the their students needs. The job was very rewarding and taught me well. I love the atmosphere and all of my co-workers. We all were like family!!
Pros
Working with professional people in a professional enviroment
Cons
Pay and some students not taking their education seriously!!
The Front line staff had their best interests in mind,
Learner Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 12, 2017
The Front line instructors and Learning Resource Manager was as open as possible to the students made them feel welcome and they could be successful once they applied themselves.
A typical day for the Learning Support Specialist started at 7:20, Survey the computer technology in the rooms, then return to the Resource Center to run the "overdue list from the InterLibrary Circulation manger, and be ready to provide moral support to students that could be ready to give up but really needed a supportive member of the faculty to "be there" for them. The most enjoyable part of this position/ job was the ability to feel the appreciation of the students who didn't understand what was being asked of them, and they truly appreciated the support the specialist provided to them.
The most challenging part of this job was providing the support the students needed while staying compliant with the guidelines from management.
What I learned from this position is the appreciation of the hardships of the students and how to properly support their needs., and the instructors needs.
Pros
Balance of life needs of the permanent staff
Cons
multiple roles assigned to permanent staff
Excellent place to work, great team
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 4, 2017
The management team there was great! We all worked together well. Each department had input and shared ideas on student retention and truly cared about the student's story.
Pros
Great people and students
Cons
Long commute
School Closed
Director of Career Services / Executive Committee (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 3, 2017
College closed . Job eliminated
teach out over last year
Very uncoordinated
Loved the mission originally, helping under served communities and assist with career
Accreditor in trouble with Dept. of ED,
Made work environment very tense
Just focused on helping students prepare for career jobs.
Pros
Loved working with the students and graduates
Cons
Poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brown Mackie College. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8