We are looking for a bilingual (English/Spanish), credentialed, Medical Assistant with orthopedic experience. The ideal candidate will have at least one year of work experience as a Medical Assistant after completion of their schooling and externship.
The externship during school does not count towards preferred work experience.
- High school graduate or GED
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant course
- One year experience in a healthcare setting
- Experience with insurance verification and pre-authorization preferred
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and Outlook
- Experience with an EMR system
- Experience with applying and removing bandages, wound care, removing sutures, casting, and assisting with minor office procedures
- Patient triage
- Experience rooming patients
- Experience assisting physicians
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including medical terminology and computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITY
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow detailed processes
- Good time management skills and the ability to multi-task between frequent “in person” and phone patient contact while effectively staying on task
- Strong verbal, written and grammatical communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with heavy physician and patient interaction
Full Time M-F 8am - 5pm with rotating Saturdays
Must be able to successfully pass background screening.