Brown Transportation Employee Reviews

Always changing environment
CSR/TRANSPORTATION SCHEDULER (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMarch 19, 2016
One moment you are dispatching a call to a driver to pick up a rail crew, the next, you are the one being dispatched. You were able to transport a rail crew from yard to yard, sometimes going from state to state. You kept track of your time, and mileage and obviously, made sure that the crew made it to their destination safely.
Pros
Wonderful change of scenery, variety of things to do.
Cons
Not a lot of bathroom breaks
Poor professionalism
rock hauler (Former Employee) –  okc okDecember 21, 2015
Never had an experience like this ever!! They have woman dispatcher whom is very unprofessional. Many guys whom have worked in the oilfield come here due to the down fall of the oil and gas industry and leave this place very quickly. They assume that we are all jaded over the road drivers w little to no real careers and treat you as a truck #. Having worked for many fortune 500 companies NEVER will I work in the trucking industry if this is how people are treated. They want you to run illegal and actually encourage it, and this job is not for a law abiding person. They have a VERY HIGH turnover and will. POOR MANAGEMENT, POOR PAY, HORRIBLE CARE FOR EMPLOYEES.
Pros
SAW NONE
Cons
READ ABOVE
Couldn't have found a better home.
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, OKDecember 30, 2015
I have worked for Brown Transportation since 2010. I never felt at home at a job until I came here. They truly take care of their employees. Whenever a driver is in need, they are there to help them. Yes, you put in long hours, but in the winter, when the work turns slow, they are there backing up their word with weekly minimum pay even if you don't work a day. All the negative reviews on here, sound like the drivers who didn't want to work more than 8 hours a day, couldn't follow directions and felt that the truck was their personal vehicle. We have drivers who have been here for over 15 years. We do promote from within, all of our trainers are drivers who have been here for several years and we have a salesman who drove for us. The head of the maintenance department used to be a driver too. I am proud of all of our drivers and the good example they set, and I am proud to work here.
Pros
Good management, great equipment
Cons
Weather has caused the work to slow down.
stay far far away
driver for rock side of company (Former Employee) –  davis,ok yardSeptember 4, 2015
Worse company a driver could ever work for! Dispatcher for rock hauling side is horrible and will treat and talk to you as if your a dog and no respect at all for their drivers! Seen new faces on a daily basis cause they cannot keep drivers! Trust me please when I say stay away from this horrible company!!!
Pros
Cons
treat drivers very dirty
stay away!!
Driver trainee (Former Employee) –  okc okJuly 31, 2015
They told me they would pay me while trained, then I got let go during training and they did not pay me for my short time there because I "didn't finish training" do not go to this company they will f#ck you over!
Pros
nice trucks
Cons
They're liers and will cheat you out of your money
Great equiptment
Rock Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 27, 2015
Working here was great. It would be even better for someone who is single and can work long hours with out having to get home and care for your family
Pros
Pretty new equiptment
very family oriented place
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  NYSeptember 25, 2012
a typical day at work was learning new routes. I learned to be very patient with the kids. The management was always there for support. The hardest part of the job was when we had bad weather. The most enjoyable part of the day was taking the kids to school and bringing them home.
Some good people to work with.
Material Handler / Loaded and Unloaded Trucks (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 5, 2012
Busy day at work. How to load an unload freight. Management not good to work with. great bunch of people. The cold wearther in the winter open dock.Working with my co-worker.
Pros
the learning experience
Cons
bad management

2.9