Brown University

Brown University Employer Reviews

Challenging and Exciting Workplace that Focuses on Individual Development
Trinity Rep, MFA Acting Program (Current Employee), Providence, RISeptember 15, 2014
Guest Lecturer to Second and Third-Year MFA Candidates
Devised Workshop on Professional Development for the Actor
Great teaching hospital
Visiting Medical Student (Former Employee), Rhode IslandAugust 25, 2014
Great teaching hospital and really focus on meeting the needs for students.
I met and worked with people from all over the world!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Providence, RIAugust 18, 2014
Pros: lots of free food events and access to the athletic center
Cons: the drive on rt 95
My day was always interesting and full. From copying and mail duties to billing for jobs performed, ordering supplies and dealing with our vendors.
During the past two years a new system of payroll and financial reporting was begun at the University. It is called Workday and this is one of the most recent things I had been learning.
Our management was – more... always accessible and willing to listen. They are professional and creative people.
My immediate co-workers were great, very supportive of each other and willing to lend a hand when needed. I'll miss them.
The hardest part of my job was the drive to and from on Rt 95 at rush hour.
I love to meet people so a university had been a great place for me. Every day was different, weather it was the beginning of the school year and everyone needs help finding their classrooms, Open House with parents visiting or international Conferences and all can use guidance. I loved being able to help. – less
It was what I liked.
Instructor, East Providence Senior Center (Former Employee), Providence, RIAugust 14, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I do not want to leave any preview. I was pleased at that time, and now barely remember anything.
Excellent higher education program
Ph.D. Candidate of Biostatistics (Former Employee), Department of BiostatisticsApril 17, 2014
Strong and intensive training in theoretical&analytically fields;
Provided abundant opportunities for students to work on variety of projects, and to collaborate with researchers outside of Brown U.
Excellent place to work
Business and Finance Manager (Former Employee), Providence, RIMarch 27, 2014
Strong accounting and financial work required, diverse group of people made it fun along with very interesting workday. Worked independently and was very successful in managing workload as well as supervising staff and keeping budgets in line.
Received high quality training.
Research Associate, NIH funded (Former Employee), Providence, RIMarch 26, 2014
Excellent place to work. Supervisors and coworkers very supportive. Learned multiple advance skills.
Great for students, fun and challenging
Teaching Assistant-Foundations of Living Systems (Current Employee), Providence, RIMarch 12, 2014
Weekly team meetings to review material, and weekly lab session to instruct students in the course on techniques and application.

Collaborative environment is really enjoyable and allows for more intellectual engagement.
Productive, friendly and fun workplace
Visiting Research Fellow (Former Employee), Providence, RIMarch 9, 2014
Productive, friendly and fun workplace.. I like it working at esteem lab with distinguished Professors and colleagues !
excellent place to work
Analyst/ Programmer (Former Employee), Providence, RIJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: many good benefits such as free gym and long vocation time, sick days.
Cons: none.
A typical day at work is usually productive and pleasant. There are many opportunities to learn new things at Brown University such as sitting in a class that is helpful to my job. Management is excellent and people are just happy and pleasant. The hardest part of the job is sometimes we might have very tight deadlines, but could be usually accomplished – more... with some extra work during the weekends. The most enjoyable part of the job is both my co-workers and my boss were excellent people to work with. – less
Great environment to work in
Alumni Relations Intern (Current Employee), Providence, RIDecember 12, 2013
Brown is a great place for anyone who is always willing to learn.
A great place to work!
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Providence, RISeptember 24, 2013
Coming from a corporate atmosphere, I think I may have died and gone to heaven! The people are friendly, helpful, and professional. There is no micromanagement. You are responsible for getting your work done, but no one will stand over you with a microscope every step of the way. The workload is fair, not overwhelming. If you are able to manage your – more... time effectively, and keep yourself on track, this is a great place to work! – less
Great people that cares.
Computer Technician Intern (Former Employee), Providence, RIJuly 16, 2013
Pros: able to network with colleagues.
Cons: short lunch break.
My days would be updating computers and setting up new computers around the office.

I learn how to communicate with others more which made me very comfortable with management.

My colleagues were very welcoming and friendly to me. They truly made me felt like home.

The most enjoyable part was satisfying my colleagues which made them feel very good.
Productive workplace with great teamwork.
Senior Research Assistant (Current Employee), Providence, RIJuly 16, 2013
Pros: great, affordable healthcare
Cons: lack of parking
Very little is repetitive in my workplace; every day changes and evolves from what we learned the previous day. The lab functions as a team and we're all eager to move forward in our research.
Challenging
Research Intern, Research Assistant (Current Employee), Providence, RIJune 12, 2013
Very competitive research university. Allowed students to excel in various fields of study.
Great place for postdoctoral research
Post Doctoral Researcher (Current Employee), Providence, RIMay 31, 2013
Excellent environment to continue postdoctoral research.
Continuous Job Postings denying qualified applicants
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), BrownApril 18, 2013
Cons: waste of time
I have sent numerous resumes with ALL the necessary requirements for an administrative assistant position. That IS my background. I continue to receive emails not progressing to the next step. What is this high school? It's an Admin/Secretary/office position...NOT rocket science! And being that I'm a former employer having worked there in the 80's you – more... would think they would take that into consideration. It's a shame they can't recognize people who have ambitions and a great work ethic. Just because one has been unemployed doesn't mean they're not willing to get back into the work force. It's 2013. Time to open your mind.

I'm officially done with Brown. Don't waste your time. There should be a ZERO button. – less
Great professional workplace
Assessment Coordinator (Former Employee), Providence, RIMarch 19, 2013
Great place to work for anyone looking to advance their education. Excellent benefits, very flexible environment for those with a family.
I am a student pursuing masters at brown university
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Providence, RIMarch 17, 2013
Pros: i enjoy the frequent cups of hot cofee
My day starts at 900hrs..I go to college and attend classes and meet my professors for guidance on my various research activities.my coworkers are very helpful.
The greatest place to work!
Economics Department Secretary (Former Employee), Providence, RIFebruary 19, 2013
Greatest placed to work! I would love to work for them again.

About Brown University

Ivy isn't always green -- particularly when it's Brown. Founded in 1764, Brown University is both an Ivy League college and one – Read more