Brown and Caldwell Employee Reviews in United States

Average
EH&S Manager (Current Employee) –  Dandridge, TNFebruary 15, 2016
Like all companies BC has room for improvement but they could not seem to hold up their end of verbal agreements. I would like to seek employment else where and hopefully still work locally.
Pros
Working locally.
Cons
Upper management
Great teamwork on site
PROJECT ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 25, 2016
We were implementing new centrifuges on one of Phoenix's largest wastewater treatment plants. Our work required close consulting with the city, general contractors, vendors and wastewater treatment plant employees.

Brown and Caldwell has great diversity with the work they do and all involved.
Pros
8 hour work day depended on time of sunrise. Great for summers.
Cons
The drive. 35 miles from home.
Professional group of engineers and environmental specialists working together with a client focus.
NEPA Specialist / Senior Biologist (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 9, 2015
Professional work place focusing on client satisfaction and quality deliverables. A diverse group of engineers, geologists, and hydro-geologists. Very strong in wastewater management. Building a reputation in environmental compliance and permitting for mining. Excellent project management database. Great communication tools connect all employees, regardless of their location.
Really enjoyed my job duties and fellow employees at Brown and Caldwell
Field Technician/Construction Inspector (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAOctober 7, 2015
I spent 10 years with Brown and Caldwell and enjoyed every job, person and new skill I had to learn. Would work for them again if an open come available. Typical day consisted of driving to construction site, sampling site or site review to view and document site conditions. Followed up daily with my supervisor to communicate task at hand or upcoming task to be done. My time sheet consisted of daily notes that were signed and put in field binders for legal documents pertaining to the site or job duty. Delivering samples to lab was a daily trip from any of the sampling locations. I was responsible for the analytical paperwork, transporting the samples properly and safely.
I've had a great opportunity to gain experience through professionalism and as an engineer.
Engineering Intern/Staff Engineer (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTOctober 7, 2015
I enjoyed my job as an engineer with Brown and Caldwell. I learned a lot of techniques and software programs that helped me develop my engineering career.
Solid Environmental Consulting Firm
Principal Scientist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 16, 2015
Good work/life balance, great co-workers, lots of experts on staff and fun place to work. Corporate chargeability goals can be challenging.
Great location and work environment
Office Support III / HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 23, 2014
Great place to work and you have great co-workers. My review on management is a little lost. I was hired under one person who left and my department was transferred to someone who didn't have a great deal of time to work directly with our department, honestly we felt like a burden to her.
Pros
great location
Cons
management change
Sr. Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJuly 16, 2014
Enjoyed the people and the culture at this company. I think they could use some resturcturing because some departments don't have the work load needed to support the amount of people in the departments.

There are many loop holes working with two accounting systems which leaves room for many errors.
Pros
close to home and enjoyed working with the people
Cons
not enough work to keep busy. makes the day long.
A tremendous company
Field Technician III (Former Employee) –  Allendale, NJJune 11, 2014
Every employee was open to help you learn and assist in any way. It gave a lot of space for an employee to work independently.
Pros
got to travel on behalf of the company
Cons
it was taxing on how little i was in one place
Productive Workpalce
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMarch 30, 2014
Company filled with hard working individuals who cared for each other.
Lot's of experience on various projects
Field Services Technician II (Current Employee) –  Upper Saddle River, NJDecember 18, 2013
Good company. There is always work to be done. In the field there are lot's of ways to troubleshoot issues, learn technical knowledge from higher up's and also many different sites to get involved with.
Beware... They'll reel you in during the interview only to flip the script once you start.
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 4, 2013
Where to start? Being a project "analyst" at this company is more like being a personal secretary to the Project Engineers you work with. There is very little independence in terms of work resourcing, the tasks you'll have are the tasks you are given by others. You are expected to meet a weekly billability quota of 65%, and must detail your time sheet with notes down to 15 minute increments, you are not told this at any point during the interview process. If you fall below 65% billability you must justify why you weren't as busy for the week, if your answer isn't to your supervisor's liking you'll be threatened with furloughs (although they have no idea what a furlough is). The PMO in Seattle is particularly awful; on my second day there I was told by a co-worker... "Wow, you're the third analyst we've had in 5 months". This was the first red flag, of many to come. How people are promoted to managerial or supervisory roles is beyond me. It seems to be based upon years of service rather than actual leadership abilities, the Seattle PMO is severely lacking in capable leadership. There will be analyst positions posted for the Seattle office in the next few months, unless you're a complete lackey do not apply. There also isn't a clear career progression path for an analyst in this company which can be exceedingly frustrating.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no schedule flexibility, you must work from 8-5, poor leadership from the vp down
Great Internship
Process Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 30, 2013
Wonderful team in the Process Mechanical Department in the Downtown Seattle office.
Recent management changes made this place a difficult place o work
Senior Microsoft SQL Server Team lead (Current Employee) –  Walnut CreekJuly 13, 2013
Not much growth in skills.
I larned for many years but recently because of recent management chanes, not much learning.
Co-wokers are great.
Hardest part of the job is to deal wih supervisor.
working wih co-worker.
Pros
flexibilty but not anymore
Cons
politics