BrownGreer PLC Employee Reviews

Excellent Work Environment
Legal Assistant / Claims Reviewer / Appeals (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA 23231December 13, 2017
Excellent Work environment and Job culture. State of the art job facility with free gourmet coffee all day long, numerous planned employee activities, employee softball team, a great place to work along side an awesome team of attorneys, legal assistants, and claims reviewers. Your schedule was very flexible and the management always approved all PTO in advance, the PTO was generous starting at the time of hire.

Unfortunately, the work was project based and lay-offs are expected when the projects near completion. In addition, the compensation was not competitive with the market or even inline with local similar law firms.

The Pros kept me with Brown Greer Law firm for 4+ years. As a college graduate and experienced professional I felt that I was under compensation.
Pros
See Summary
Cons
See Summary
It was an absolute great time
Claims Reviewer & Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA 23231October 26, 2017
I enjoyed my stay! What made it fun was not only the workload but my co-workers that made the each day go by quicker. I will sorely miss the Thanksgiving luncheons.
Pros
Team lunches, Thanksgiving luncheon, weekly prizes
Cons
uncertain lenght of employment
Good Job but needs improvement
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 25, 2017
Great people work there. It is difficult to advance your position and your income. It can be a stressful environment and management has unreasonable expectations.
A fast pace company with extremly high results in settling claims.
Accounting Administrator - A/P (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 10, 2017
A productive mass claim settlement organization. A times it was a stressful environment. You have to listen closely and learn quickly. I learn how to multi-task very fast in several duties within payroll and AR/AP area. The hardest part of the job overall was when you had to work 12 hours a day to get the job done, this was due to lack of staffing. What I enjoyed was meeting new people made my the job enjoyable.
Pros
Great people, busy environment
Cons
management, long hours
I enjoyed working with this company.
Mail Intake Clerk/ Scanner (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 2, 2017
Good place to work. Steady paced, challenging and work appreciated. Great management and staff. Overtime hours. Company and management work well with staff.
Pros
Fun place to work. Always learning something
Flexible and relaxed workplace, good if you're just passing through
Claims Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 21, 2017
There's little room for advancement, and sweeping layoffs are routine because the volume of work grows and shrinks drastically depending on which high-profile mass settlement cases the firm has managed to land.

Those in the in-crowd get promoted fairly generously and enjoy much better job security, but from what I have heard, are not paid nearly as well as one would think. Management is relaxed and comfortable to be around, possibly because they have learned not to care.

All around, it's a pleasant enough work environment. Schedules are very flexible, time off is easy to schedule, and the benefits are pretty good. Just don't get too comfortable and settled in... view your job here as short-term and disposable, because that's how management will be viewing it. Act accordingly. It's a great gap-fill while you seek something more permanent with more room for growth.
Temporary position
Claims Reviewer II (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 24, 2017
Temporary position once assignment is complete you will be laid off.
Not a job you will retire from unless you are a lawyer. Laid back atmosphere. Nice clean building.
Pros
Frosty Fridays
Place was toxic unless you were in good
Analyst (Former Employee) –  new orleansApril 10, 2017
Needed to be a brown noser to get anywhere. Looked at all employees as trash and discarded at will. Did not care about most of the employee's family lives.
Pros
pay was decent and holidays
Cons
overall enviorrnment
Business Counsel (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 22, 2017
The culture is very laid back - generous PTO. Good work life balance. Pay is low. They have fun team activities - quarterly lunches and a softball league.
BrownGreerPLC creates a friendly atmosphere in the workplace.
Claims Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 19, 2017
During my tenure at BrowngreerPLC, there was a family type atmosphere which made each employee care about the work they put in on a daily basis. Not only did we care about the work we did, but the people we worked with on a day to day basis. Each individual developed teamwork and accountability skills to complete the required daily task. This was a great experience for me, and I look forward to working with more great companies such as BrownGreerPLC.
Pros
PTO was a great system to help plan for personal days to resolve personal conflicts.
Cons
Parking was difficult on some days but this was a minor issue.
Not a fun work place to work. Employee tensions are high.
Special Counsel (Former Employee) –  Rocketts Landing, VAJuly 13, 2016
Poor management and poor relationships toward employees. HR is not a friend of the employee. HR was a management tool to spy on employees, and evaluate employee performance. Employees are scared to talk about management decisions. Understanding managements poor decisions. The job tasks were challenging. The employee fringe benefits were excellent for the Richmond area. Many promotions were based on employee/manager relationships not work productivity.
Pros
free lunches on occasion.
Cons
Many.
No stars if I could
Claims reviewer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 5, 2016
This place is a sinking ship. Poor management, poor atmosphere/culture, "on your own" mentality. There are some good managers... Less than 1% though. No work life balance, no continuing education program (unless you're talking about the joke of a training team). Horrible pay.... At least 30% below average.
Pros
Pto package
Cons
Everything else
Easy going environment
Claims Reviewer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 8, 2015
Environment is easy going. Management however seemed to overlook certain mishaps in others work habits. Other than that the job was pretty rewarding, knowing you were trying to help others as best as possible in their hardships.
Pros
Easy going.
Cons
Bad management.
A Day at BG
Financial Claim Reviewer (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 2, 2015
Working at BrownGreer is not only challenging, but very family oriented. The bonds that were built and the people that I've met, definitely taught me things about myself that I never knew.
Pros
Flexible Work Schedule
Cons
Micro-managing
BG is the best of the best in terms of industry standard.
Analyst I (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 8, 2015
BrownGreer is considered the best of the best in terms of claims administration. The company values individuals with a background in the legal field.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Strong work enviroment but poor Stability
Claims Processor II (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 30, 2015
this company is a very Strong company to work for work ethics are very very high , but they keep the employees on edge of being fired all the time
Great work atmosphere
Financial Claims Reviewer, Level III (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 3, 2015
I have been employed at BrownGreer PLC since Feb 2013. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to help these victims of the oil spill reclaim their businesses and their livelihoods.

On a daily basis, I review business economic loss claims submitted as a result of the BP oil spill in 2010. This includes the analyzing ownership, financial and tax documentation (federal and state) of claiming businesses to determine how much compensation they should receive for their loss.

I enjoy everything about my job (management, co-workers, overall environment), except for the fact that I do not believe that I am challenged. This is the most difficult part of my position. I have been within the top 5% of reviewers (accuracy, productivity & efficiency) since my first quarterly evaluation and am currently within the top percentile.

Overall, working at BrownGreer PLC is a great experience and has provided me with working experience within the accounting finance fields.
Pros
Good management and relaxed work environment
Cons
Uncertain date of release of employment
Great company to work for as a contractor
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 7, 2015
I am currently a contractor there and looking for a full time position there or with another company. I have bee given projects that have helped me build my skills to further my career into becoming a project manager.
Exciting
Litigation Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 2, 2014
I was able to put my data entry skills to work and learn how to put information from a file onto a website. It was a good learning experience.
Productive and fun work place
Quality Assurance Claims Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 9, 2014
Was a good experience. Unfortunately there is no room for growth and no job security.
Pros
Frosty Fridays
Cons
No Security