BrownGreer PLC Employee Reviews

Business Counsel (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 22, 2017
The culture is very laid back - generous PTO. Good work life balance. Pay is low. They have fun team activities - quarterly lunches and a softball league.
BrownGreerPLC creates a friendly atmosphere in the workplace.
Claims Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 19, 2017
During my tenure at BrowngreerPLC, there was a family type atmosphere which made each employee care about the work they put in on a daily basis. Not only did we care about the work we did, but the people we worked with on a day to day basis. Each individual developed teamwork and accountability skills to complete the required daily task. This was a great experience for me, and I look forward to working with more great companies such as BrownGreerPLC.
Pros
PTO was a great system to help plan for personal days to resolve personal conflicts.
Cons
Parking was difficult on some days but this was a minor issue.
Not a fun work place to work. Employee tensions are high.
Special Counsel (Former Employee) –  Rocketts Landing, VAJuly 13, 2016
Poor management and poor relationships toward employees. HR is not a friend of the employee. HR was a management tool to spy on employees, and evaluate employee performance. Employees are scared to talk about management decisions. Understanding managements poor decisions. The job tasks were challenging. The employee fringe benefits were excellent for the Richmond area. Many promotions were based on employee/manager relationships not work productivity.
Pros
free lunches on occasion.
Cons
Many.
No stars if I could
Claims reviewer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 5, 2016
This place is a sinking ship. Poor management, poor atmosphere/culture, "on your own" mentality. There are some good managers... Less than 1% though. No work life balance, no continuing education program (unless you're talking about the joke of a training team). Horrible pay.... At least 30% below average.
Pros
Pto package
Cons
Everything else
A Day at BG
Financial Claim Reviewer (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 2, 2015
Working at BrownGreer is not only challenging, but very family oriented. The bonds that were built and the people that I've met, definitely taught me things about myself that I never knew.
Pros
Flexible Work Schedule
Cons
Micro-managing
BG is the best of the best in terms of industry standard.
Analyst I (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 8, 2015
BrownGreer is considered the best of the best in terms of claims administration. The company values individuals with a background in the legal field.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Strong work enviroment but poor Stability
Claims Processor II (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 30, 2015
this company is a very Strong company to work for work ethics are very very high , but they keep the employees on edge of being fired all the time
Great work atmosphere
Financial Claims Reviewer, Level III (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 3, 2015
I have been employed at BrownGreer PLC since Feb 2013. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to help these victims of the oil spill reclaim their businesses and their livelihoods.

On a daily basis, I review business economic loss claims submitted as a result of the BP oil spill in 2010. This includes the analyzing ownership, financial and tax documentation (federal and state) of claiming businesses to determine how much compensation they should receive for their loss.

I enjoy everything about my job (management, co-workers, overall environment), except for the fact that I do not believe that I am challenged. This is the most difficult part of my position. I have been within the top 5% of reviewers (accuracy, productivity & efficiency) since my first quarterly evaluation and am currently within the top percentile.

Overall, working at BrownGreer PLC is a great experience and has provided me with working experience within the accounting finance fields.
Pros
Good management and relaxed work environment
Cons
Uncertain date of release of employment
Great company to work for as a contractor
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 7, 2015
I am currently a contractor there and looking for a full time position there or with another company. I have bee given projects that have helped me build my skills to further my career into becoming a project manager.
Exciting
Litigation Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 2, 2014
I was able to put my data entry skills to work and learn how to put information from a file onto a website. It was a good learning experience.

Want to know more about BrownGreer PLC?

Ask a question
Productive and fun work place
Quality Assurance Claims Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 9, 2014
Was a good experience. Unfortunately there is no room for growth and no job security.
Pros
Frosty Fridays
Cons
No Security
Worst place to work
Financial Claims Reviewer (Quality Assurance Team) (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 19, 2014
This company hires a bunch of people through temp agencies and some are direct hires. They put you through a series of tests which determines whether you stay or go. I was there for two years and never received a raise. They do not give raises. Chances of moving up in the company are slim to none. They do massive lay offs that nobody knows about until an email is sent on a Friday right before the shift is over which leaves employees stressed the entire weekend wondering if on Monday they will be one of many to be let go.Management is a joke. And God forbid you have an issue...they will claim to be "investigating" but do absolutely nothing. They walk around all day like buzzards looking for deceased corpses. The work is easy but the level of stress is beyond what is necessary. HR is also a joke. Bonuses are given to people who do not deserve them which makes those who do feel like its not something to be proud of. Job security is 0. No one knows when a project is ending which would lead to everyone losing their jobs. They talk down to employees in the most nastiest and rude way through email.
Pros
Very Generous Bonuses
Cons
No job stability. Poor Management. Stressful Work Environment.
Financial Claims Analyst
Financial Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 16, 2014
Processing financial claims was a great experience that helped lots of the people here int he New Orleans and surrounding areas, unfortunately this was a temporary position, as the company was based in Virginia. Although we all knew that the work would not last it was a great experience. I was able to advance in career as a manager, as well as gain experience with orientations and teach newcomers about the process, the job responsibilities, and express my gratitude, as well as showcase my thorough knowledge of the business.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Contract position
Very Productive Company
Claimant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gulf Shores, alJanuary 2, 2014
Very productive company with an energetic staff. Loved working for the company.
Productive workplace.
Subsistence Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAOctober 20, 2013
A typical day at work began at 8:30 AM and ended at 5:30 PM and was pretty to the point. I have learned many things; including: how to be a better leader, be a great listener, type faster, review claims and analyze information, how to communicate on a more professional level, to sympathize with clients, and to be a better person all around. Management was very professional and task oriented. The job was great! I did have to retain a good bit of information and stay on top of policies that would change quite often. Really, the only hard part was knowing the job was temporary. The most enjoyable part of the job was being promoted and learning new roles.
Pros
Paid holidays, great benefits and insurance, and every paycheck earned 6 hours of vacation time.
Cons
The job was temporary.
This place is a joke!
Claims Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, vaOctober 9, 2013
This place was one of the worst managed places I ever worked. Whenever there was a question asked, there was never a straight answer provided. One person would tell you one thing and another person would give a different answer and then you were held accountable if your work was incorrect. My supervisor was the most unprofessional supervisor I have ever had, making the statement that she had no idea why she had not been fired because she had no idea what she was doing and to me, it was obvious that she was telling the truth.
Pros
Absolutely nothing!
Cons
Lack of professionalism
Productive and fun place to work.
Claims Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAAugust 10, 2013
I have learned a lot as a BrownGreer employee. Management and co-workers are very supportive and always work together as a team. The hardest part of the job is that there is always so much to learn and a person must be able to stay alert and give 100% at all times.
Pros
There is always something new to learn working here.
Cons
N/A
Stay away
Claims (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 30, 2013
If you are not an attorney, and you show any sort of aptitude, be prepared to work all hours of the day and night. A lot of this is because management doesn'tt know what they are doing. Once the BP case is over they will go through massive layoffs. They aren't getting enough business to justify 1200+ employees. Be careful if you decide to work here.

The atmosphere is a place where hopes and dreams go to die. Unless you are in the right clique, your soul will be crushed like a grape.
Pros
You're kidding, right?
Cons
Management, atmosphere
Great Benefits
Claims Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 20, 2013
Great Co-workers and Great benefits, Good shift, High Volume environment.
Call Center
Claims Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAOctober 8, 2012
Leadership was very helpful and professional. Reviewing claims for accuracy was challenging because of the length and details in each claim.
Pros
hours of operation were great
Cons
temporary employment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BrownGreer PLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4