BrownGreer PLC

BrownGreer PLC Employee Reviews

Great company to work for as a contractor
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 7, 2015
I am currently a contractor there and looking for a full time position there or with another company. I have bee given projects that have helped me build my skills to further my career into becoming a project manager.
Exciting
Litigation Claims Specialist (Former Employee), Richmond, VANovember 2, 2014
I was able to put my data entry skills to work and learn how to put information from a file onto a website. It was a good learning experience.
Productive and fun work place
Quality Assurance Claims Reviewer (Former Employee), Richmond, VAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: frosty fridays
Cons: no security
Was a good experience. Unfortunately there is no room for growth and no job security.
Worst place to work
Financial Claims Reviewer (Quality Assurance Team) (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJune 19, 2014
Pros: very generous bonuses
Cons: no job stability. poor management. stressful work environment.
This company hires a bunch of people through temp agencies and some are direct hires. They put you through a series of tests which determines whether you stay or go. I was there for two years and never received a raise. They do not give raises. Chances of moving up in the company are slim to none. They do massive lay offs that nobody knows about until an email is sent on a Friday right before the shift is over which leaves employees stressed the entire weekend wondering if on Monday they will be one of many to be let go.Management is a joke. And God forbid you have an issue...they will claim to be "investigating" but do absolutely nothing. They walk around all day like buzzards looking for deceased corpses. The work is easy but the level of stress is beyond what is necessary. HR is also a joke. Bonuses are given to people who do not deserve them which makes those who do feel like its not something to be proud of. Job security is 0. No one knows when a project is ending which would lead to everyone losing their jobs. They talk down to employees in the most nastiest and rude way through email.
Financial Claims Analyst
Financial Claims Analyst (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: contract position
Processing financial claims was a great experience that helped lots of the people here int he New Orleans and surrounding areas, unfortunately this was a temporary position, as the company was based in Virginia. Although we all knew that the work would not last it was a great experience. I was able to advance in career as a manager, as well as gain experience with orientations and teach newcomers about the process, the job responsibilities, and express my gratitude, as well as showcase my thorough knowledge of the business.
Very Productive Company
Claimant Assistant (Former Employee), Gulf Shores, alJanuary 2, 2014
Very productive company with an energetic staff. Loved working for the company.
Productive workplace.
Subsistence Interviewer (Former Employee), Houma, LAOctober 20, 2013
Pros: paid holidays, great benefits and insurance, and every paycheck earned 6 hours of vacation time.
Cons: the job was temporary.
A typical day at work began at 8:30 AM and ended at 5:30 PM and was pretty to the point. I have learned many things; including: how to be a better leader, be a great listener, type faster, review claims and analyze information, how to communicate on a more professional level, to sympathize with clients, and to be a better person all around. Management was very professional and task oriented. The job was great! I did have to retain a good bit of information and stay on top of policies that would change quite often. Really, the only hard part was knowing the job was temporary. The most enjoyable part of the job was being promoted and learning new roles.
This place is a joke!
Claims Reviewer (Former Employee), Richmond, vaOctober 9, 2013
Pros: absolutely nothing!
Cons: lack of professionalism
This place was one of the worst managed places I ever worked. Whenever there was a question asked, there was never a straight answer provided. One person would tell you one thing and another person would give a different answer and then you were held accountable if your work was incorrect. My supervisor was the most unprofessional supervisor I have ever had, making the statement that she had no idea why she had not been fired because she had no idea what she was doing and to me, it was obvious that she was telling the truth.
Productive and fun place to work.
Claims Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VAAugust 10, 2013
Pros: there is always something new to learn working here.
Cons: n/a
I have learned a lot as a BrownGreer employee. Management and co-workers are very supportive and always work together as a team. The hardest part of the job is that there is always so much to learn and a person must be able to stay alert and give 100% at all times.
Stay away
Claims (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 30, 2013
Pros: you're kidding, right?
Cons: management, atmosphere
If you are not an attorney, and you show any sort of aptitude, be prepared to work all hours of the day and night. A lot of this is because management doesn'tt know what they are doing. Once the BP case is over they will go through massive layoffs. They aren't getting enough business to justify 1200+ employees. Be careful if you decide to work here.

The atmosphere is a place where hopes and dreams go to die. Unless you are in the right clique, your soul will be crushed like a grape.
Great Benefits
Claims Assistant (Current Employee), Mobile, ALJuly 20, 2013
Great Co-workers and Great benefits, Good shift, High Volume environment.
Call Center
Claims Reviewer (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VAOctober 8, 2012
Pros: hours of operation were great
Cons: temporary employment
Leadership was very helpful and professional. Reviewing claims for accuracy was challenging because of the length and details in each claim.
Depends on where they put you
Claims Reviewer (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 19, 2012
Pros: lots of young people
Cons: ethical ambiguity, lack of transparency
The office is mostly filled with young people, which is nice. The work itself, on the other hand, is entirely dependent on the case you're working on, or "team" you're on. I personally had a lot of moral issues with the work I was doing there. The job also changed in nature while I was there, which is to be expected, but the way in which it changed (very suddenly, from analysis-based work to call-center) was extremely off-putting and a tough transition to make. There was no transparency whatsoever above the floor-level of employment.