Brownwood Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Another family
MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXAugust 13, 2017
It's a very organized work place, and everyone was very accepting. Miss everyone there, but went back to college so had to leave. I would recommend BRMC to anyone!
Student here
Student Radiographer (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXJuly 3, 2017
I was a student radiographer here. I only did my clinical work at this facility while I was in School at Hendrick Medical Center School of Radiography.
fun
Junior volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXJune 26, 2017
this was just a volunteer program and only lasted for 3 months but i loved it here. Got to know some of the patients and had fun selling some candy. Made the nurses smile with our candy and coke cart. Helped in medical records and inventory for hospital supplies.
Pros
free lunches
Very hard working environment
ICU & TELEMENTRY CHARGE NURSE (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXApril 10, 2017
Great people to work with, very busy, great place for learning a lot of patient care due to the lack of CNA help on the floors. Staff very friendly and caring.
Great people
Travel RN-Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXMarch 12, 2017
Travel assignment. Great job I am very flexible and find that most hospitals welcome you with grace. I found that the hospital had a very small population of dedicated nurses and was the only hospital within 48 miles. The hospital was very busy, but the management and supervision were so involved with their staff
Pros
good community hospital
Cons
Ever changing health care environment
Director of Information Systems (Current Employee) –  Brownwood, TXDecember 7, 2016
Day to day operations of computer department. Support 600+ users and 1200 computers in rural hospital. 13 off site clinics as well as off site employees.
Pros
discount in cafe
Cons
older facility
Very Busy
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXNovember 30, 2016
Job was busy and always kept a fast pace. If you don't mind the business then this place would be good for you. Great people here all over the place....
I loved working with my cowrokers
UCT and Secretary (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXOctober 19, 2016
BRMC was a nice place to work. Especially with my coworkers. Unforunatley I needed a tonsillectomy at the time and my health was more important to . But my life was more importnat to me. They were very understanding. But my passion was not there.
Pros
Giving ease and comfort to patients.
Cons
30 min. lunch breaks on a 12 hour shift.
Good Place to Work, I would return there.
RPSGT- Sleep Lab Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXFebruary 26, 2016
Over all a good place to work. No room for advancememt and little if any education avalible. I would retunr to work there, by far not a the worse I have seen.
Pros
Staff was great
Cons
No place to advance to
Large-hospital expertise in a small-town setting.
Certified Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXDecember 14, 2015
In the time I was employed at Brownwood Regional, I realized that this smaller hospital in the middle of nowhere is a very efficient patient-care machine. I was very proud to be a member of the BRMC team and enjoyed my employment there a great deal. While there were days that the challenges were difficult, the Med Techs in the lab were always willing to jump in and help. I do wish CHS would increase the pay, but that is the only negative aspect of working at BRMC. As a former employee, e.r. patient and surgical patient, I can honestly say there is not a department in this hospital that doesn't strive for excellence.
Pros
Great team atmosphere, strong staff.
Cons
Pay not as much as it could be.
hard working
Admitting Representative (Current Employee) –  Brownwood, TXOctober 20, 2015
They are all hard working people . they all love their jobs and they are amazing at it. very supportive managers. They are willing to do anything for the customers they see. they want everyone to be happy and healthy. They are very fast and responsible at their positions.
Mercenary, inadequate services avaiable, few opportunities to learn new procedures.
Lead Therapist (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXAugust 1, 2015
I enjoyed working with my coworkers. They were always willing to help one another and were very concerned about their patients. The problem(s) in my department stemmed from the administration's unwillingness to allow us to have a department manager with the power to effect positive change. The department is staffed with good employees who desire to learn more and want expanded responsibilities. However, the medical staff and administration view the department as strictly subservient and somewhat unnecessary. This view is antiquated and insulting to most professional clinicians, thus most work without hope of offering the community improved services. The physicians are congenial and very approachable. However, to their detriment, they cannot see the advantages of actively pursuing improved services and educational structures.
Pros
Congenial environment
Cons
mercenary business office, no educational opportunities and antiquated view of Cardiopulmonary staff.
Work Experience
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXJuly 24, 2015
Worked there for almost 2 years. It's a great place to work at. Nice and friendly employee's. Supervisor was very understanding.
Great Place to learn
RN (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXJune 1, 2015
Supportive staff, great co-workers, education is a high priority

Team collaboration with nurse. Caring and willing to do the best for family as well as patient
Fun place to work. Everyone, including management were eager and willing to help if needed.
Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXMarch 31, 2015
I really enjoyed working and caring for people. You never knew what kind of work day you would have, it was always different. The differences in work days always me on my toes. Management and even coworkers were always willing to help if the was a need.
Pros
Friendly work place, everyone eager to help, Loved doing the 12 hour shifts
Cons
illness and death
Good job
MONITOR TECH/SITTER/SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  brownwood txFebruary 10, 2015
good job. happy people. fun stable safe enjoyable always on your feet! icu is fun. telemetry was my favorite floor to work on
Perfect job for a graduate nurse
LVN (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TexasDecember 26, 2014
I enjoyed working in the hospital immediately after graduating LVN school. This gave me the opportunity to utilize all my skills and allow me to feel comfortable performing them on a daily basis.
Pros
Excellent use of skils
Poor management
Rn (Former Employee) –  NursingDecember 1, 2014
Have lived and worked in Brownwood most of my life. I remember a time when this hospital was community based and centered, I have watched company after company take over the hospital and each seemed to get progressively worse when it comes to supporting the community and employees but the current management has taken this hospital to a new low. I have moved on but I worked as a nurse for almost 7 years for BRMC and have a few friends who still do and it is disappointing to see this hospital gutted by the current management like it has been lately by contracting nearly every ancillary service and consistatly keeping the pay scale low. Hopefully at some point this will be a community focused hospital again.
Pros
Few
Cons
management and negative attitudes
enjoyed the work and co-workers
Billing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXNovember 6, 2014
Enjoyed the job I was doing and liked all my co-workers. Business office was out-sourced by corporate.
Pros
Could leave and take care of other business if necessary
You can do better!
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXSeptember 30, 2014
It's a job and a not so great paycheck. If you want a career as a licensed professional with good pay and opportunity to grow, then look elsewhere.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Compensation, bad attitudes, cliqueish, favoritism, lack of management, employess spend more time on their cellphones than focusing on their job, laziness, lack of professionalism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brownwood Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Brownwood Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location