Brownwood Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

I loved working with my cowrokers
UCT and Secretary (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXOctober 19, 2016
BRMC was a nice place to work. Especially with my coworkers. Unforunatley I needed a tonsillectomy at the time and my health was more important to . But my life was more importnat to me. They were very understanding. But my passion was not there.
Pros
Giving ease and comfort to patients.
Cons
30 min. lunch breaks on a 12 hour shift.
Very Busy
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXNovember 30, 2016
Job was busy and always kept a fast pace. If you don't mind the business then this place would be good for you. Great people here all over the place....
A bit of gossip/ woman gossip but I liked it ther
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Brownwood. TXAugust 10, 2014
One of my favorite places to is BRMC. I loved my job. I loved the responsibilities that I had. Even with going to patient rooms to collect money, I always left the room smiling because somehow I would always make friends with the clients. I love working in the ER. That was always eventful.

One the other hand I had some difficulties with the staff. Staff members thought I was brought in to be above them just because I have a pretty face and I was so youns at 27 yrs old. Although, it was hard at times I remained friendly and professional and finally the worst of it passed.
benefits
Cons
not enough communication or treating people equally
Poor Management
Prefer not to say (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXJune 4, 2014
I love my job but outside of my department the other departments are not team players. No department wants to work with others. Clinical staff is not held accountable for their actions. Clerical people are treated very poorly and management could care less. Hospital does not stand behind their employees or their managers when situations arise. Management (directors, ceos etc are rarely seen outside their own departments and the o's are NEVER seen) pay is poor for the expectations.
Pros
Benefits not to bad
Cons
poor management
You can do better!
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXSeptember 30, 2014
It's a job and a not so great paycheck. If you want a career as a licensed professional with good pay and opportunity to grow, then look elsewhere.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Compensation, bad attitudes, cliqueish, favoritism, lack of management, employess spend more time on their cellphones than focusing on their job, laziness, lack of professionalism
you can find better
liscensed professional (Former Employee) –  brownwoodAugust 6, 2013
this place has longevity as long as you don't expect much in the way of pay or respect.You can actually make more at BiG LOTS.They have respect of person so if you are in their in crowd,you should be ok.Pay raises are on a 'do i like you' basis and has absolutely nothing to do with job performance.
Pros
Clean, quiet, good knowledgeable Doctors
Cons
you will loose your self respect there.
The best place have worked to date!!
Remote Inpatient/Outpatient Coder (Current Employee) –  Brownwood, TXSeptember 26, 2012
A great place to work. Great teamwork and co-workers. The salary is resonable, and the people are very helpful.
Pros
management is very supportive of cross-training and teamwork.
Cons
small hospital so work is slow during slow season.
Large-hospital expertise in a small-town setting.
Certified Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXDecember 14, 2015
In the time I was employed at Brownwood Regional, I realized that this smaller hospital in the middle of nowhere is a very efficient patient-care machine. I was very proud to be a member of the BRMC team and enjoyed my employment there a great deal. While there were days that the challenges were difficult, the Med Techs in the lab were always willing to jump in and help. I do wish CHS would increase the pay, but that is the only negative aspect of working at BRMC. As a former employee, e.r. patient and surgical patient, I can honestly say there is not a department in this hospital that doesn't strive for excellence.
Pros
Great team atmosphere, strong staff.
Cons
Pay not as much as it could be.
Good Place to Work, I would return there.
RPSGT- Sleep Lab Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXFebruary 26, 2016
Over all a good place to work. No room for advancememt and little if any education avalible. I would retunr to work there, by far not a the worse I have seen.
Pros
Staff was great
Cons
No place to advance to
Poor management
Rn (Former Employee) –  NursingDecember 1, 2014
Have lived and worked in Brownwood most of my life. I remember a time when this hospital was community based and centered, I have watched company after company take over the hospital and each seemed to get progressively worse when it comes to supporting the community and employees but the current management has taken this hospital to a new low. I have moved on but I worked as a nurse for almost 7 years for BRMC and have a few friends who still do and it is disappointing to see this hospital gutted by the current management like it has been lately by contracting nearly every ancillary service and consistatly keeping the pay scale low. Hopefully at some point this will be a community focused hospital again.
Pros
Few
Cons
management and negative attitudes
Mercenary, inadequate services avaiable, few opportunities to learn new procedures.
Lead Therapist (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXAugust 1, 2015
I enjoyed working with my coworkers. They were always willing to help one another and were very concerned about their patients. The problem(s) in my department stemmed from the administration's unwillingness to allow us to have a department manager with the power to effect positive change. The department is staffed with good employees who desire to learn more and want expanded responsibilities. However, the medical staff and administration view the department as strictly subservient and somewhat unnecessary. This view is antiquated and insulting to most professional clinicians, thus most work without hope of offering the community improved services. The physicians are congenial and very approachable. However, to their detriment, they cannot see the advantages of actively pursuing improved services and educational structures.
Pros
Congenial environment
Cons
mercenary business office, no educational opportunities and antiquated view of Cardiopulmonary staff.
hard working
Admitting Representative (Current Employee) –  Brownwood, TXOctober 20, 2015
They are all hard working people . they all love their jobs and they are amazing at it. very supportive managers. They are willing to do anything for the customers they see. they want everyone to be happy and healthy. They are very fast and responsible at their positions.
Fun place to work. Everyone, including management were eager and willing to help if needed.
Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXMarch 31, 2015
I really enjoyed working and caring for people. You never knew what kind of work day you would have, it was always different. The differences in work days always me on my toes. Management and even coworkers were always willing to help if the was a need.
Pros
Friendly work place, everyone eager to help, Loved doing the 12 hour shifts
Cons
illness and death
Stay Away!
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Brownwood txMay 17, 2013
Horrible Hospital to work at. Nursing staff is lazy and bad attitudes are abound in this poor ,broken down hospital and to add for every RN you have un-educated LPN's (who think they are RN's)of which no other hospital in Tx hires them anymore.
The ER is staffed by RN's who think they have ED experience and the Paramedics are dangerous, you put your life in the hands of individuals who will let you die. The turnover here is very high and management could care less and cannot keep skilled employee's.
Pros
Cons
dangerous place
I enjoyed working here with patients and employees.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXJune 22, 2013
Working in a fast pace job. We were all team members working together and having fun while doing our jobs. Our prices at that time were very cheap. Every once in a while an employee would say that i charged them to much and i would explain the portion size that they had, They understood and were very friendly. I enjoyed seeing smiling faces coming through our food line.
Pros
Free lunch everday.
Cons
We ot a break in the morning and afternoon.
Nice caring staff is a must, not some or most, all have to care about the patient's care and treatment
Med/Surg RN (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXJuly 10, 2014
Not always met with warm peer relations; nor was patient care from the seasoned nurses always acceptable on my assigned floor; this was my first RN position after graduating and some years past. I have worked with some staff on many floors since then in a different role and have always been treated respectfully and the care my patients received was very caring.
My job at this hospital was short lived because of our daughter being diagnosed with cancer and our decision to return to Illinois to be closer to her
Ward Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXOctober 18, 2013
I worked 12 hour shifts and enjoyed the 4 days off weekly. My manager was very kind and fair. The co-workers were very good team players. I feel like they were very compassionate to the patients. The job was somewhat stressful, as they did not have computer charting like my previous job.
Work Experience
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXJuly 24, 2015
Worked there for almost 2 years. It's a great place to work at. Nice and friendly employee's. Supervisor was very understanding.
Nice place to work
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Brownwood, TXJanuary 14, 2013
Great place to work. Friendly people and careing folks. Management was great. Co-worker wonderful. Great taking care of patients.
Pros
freiendly
Cons
understaffed
Easy going fun work place
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Brownwood, TXJanuary 4, 2014
Nice place to work for the most part. Management does not stand by there employees when an issue comes up even when its a small issue.
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brownwood Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Brownwood Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location