BRP Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and nice clean place
Assembler/Pool person (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WISeptember 4, 2015
I worked on a assembly line and put starters on the boat motors. Very nice place to work as a team. Very nive supervisors that appreciated our hard work.
Pros
not paid for lunch
Cons
worked as a team
A fun and exciting job but a very hot place
Machine Tool Operator (Former Employee) –  Spruce Pine, NCAugust 11, 2015
I really enjoyed working at this company. A typical day would be very hot due to the furnaces and ovens in the building but my position as a CNC operator was absolutely wonderful. And the management is very fair and nonbiased.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
Hot environment
Material Handler,shipping and receiving clerk (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIMay 5, 2015
Would start at 5:00 AM unload trailers and ups receive them in and tag material, then stock one of the lines. Put stock away, do discrepancy reports. Would also ship out product to Mexico, Austria, Canada and the US. I like helping others
Pros
working half day on Friday
Cons
health care, allowing people to talk on cell phones while working
productive and fun work environment
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIAugust 8, 2014
A enjoyed this job it wasnt too fast paced a lot of employee perks the pay and benefits were great overall a very friendly environment
Pros
employee appreciation days
Cons
short lunch breaks
Interesting and valuable learning experience.
E-Coat (Current Employee) –  Sturtevant, WISeptember 25, 2013
I have learned to do many new and interesting things at BRP. I have learned to assemble boat motors and how to E-Coat. I have received valuable training in chemical spills, first responder and I am the only first responder on third shift. My management team is always alert to issues that may come up and always willing to listen. The most challenging part of my job is working third shift with little room for advancement. I enjoy working with my co-worker and the feeling of accomplishment that I get from a job well done. I also enjoy helping the other departments in ensuring that they have their parts for the day. I am looking for first shift work with room for advancement.
Not a bad work place, very dirty, not a very secure job
Tank Washer (Former Employee) –  Bedford, PAFebruary 18, 2013
I was in charge of washing machine parts in the tank. Probably the dirtiest job there and no one else was willing to do it. It's a secure job for a few months until it comes time that they have to decide if they're gonna hire you on or not. Mostly temps there. Good management, good people, but avoid the tank. The fumes make you feel sick and something important breaks every other week.
Materials Planner
Materials Planner (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIDecember 17, 2012
BRP was a great company to work for.

-I typically had a morning meeting in which we had discussed any issues that could cause lines to go down.
-I learned that even thought there are parts available it does not always mean that those parts will be in the inventory. They may be used on other engines that have been pre built. I also learned that communication to the master scheduler will help with any kind of down time that could occur. The biggest thing that I learned was asking people who are management for help will always keep lines going if any issues occur.
-Not only managing the line and vendors can keep things easier.
-I honestly felt like my co-workers were family. They always tried to help me and I did the same for them. This was the best team I have ever worked with. Our communication was so easy.
-The hardest part of the job was the fact that I was still learning how to do everything. I wanted to so much more but, everyone was so busy so I had to learn somethings on my own.
-I really enjoyed being able to say I helped produce a product that people use. I loved the fact that I would come to work and people would help one another.
Pros
other material planners
Cons
that everyone was so busy
it was a very good company to work for
MECHANIC- team lead (Former Employee) –  bentonSeptember 17, 2012
i learned a lot about building and fixing boats . the people i worked with were great . the managment was good . i injoyed everything about my job
Pros
fair and equal job opertunitys
Cons
they closed plant 09/14/2012
Timely and great service for members
Various (Vice President) (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CASeptember 27, 2011
I lived this job since the Hughes Aircraft days. I had many opportunities to learn new skills.
Pros
professional, high standards, honesty, systems always worked
Cons
glass ceiling for women