Bruegger's Bagels

Bruegger's Bagels Employee Reviews

Great customers! Terrible management.
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Willoughby, OHMay 4, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: No breaks, management plays favorites, short hours
Management makes you feel unimportant

Learned basic management skills but not eligible to go past shift supervisor

Hardest part was being able to call off you have to find your own replacement and if not, you still have to work while sick

The most enjoyable part was interacting with my customers

When it came time for the reviews, the general manager kept giving excuses as to why he/she couldn't do them

General manager never left the back room, was constantly on his/her phone

A lot of gossip and when the general manager was asked to talk to them about it, nothing was ever resolved
Productive, Entergetic workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 29, 2015
Pros: discounts on luches
Cons: pay
A typical day of work is very fast past, it is always very busy. I have learned that I can adapt to any situation, or work environment. My co-workers are great people and we work together as a team to ensure certainty, and success within the company. The most enjoyable part of the job would be creating relationships with the customers.
Providing a clean and welcoming environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 27, 2015
Greeting customers with a smile, assisting my coworkers with help with anything that is needed. receiving cash or credit for things that are purchased. making sure customers leave satisfied and felt welcomed at the store.
I loved working there.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 18, 2015
It was a wonderful place to work. The managment that was above me was great along with the pople that worked under me. I wish I didn't have to leave at all.
Productive, Fast Paste
Cashier (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 15, 2015
Pros: Free Food/Drinks Unlimited, Daily Tips, Manager is very lienent
Cons: 30 min breaks, not enough pay
-Long
-Popular foods people like
-Good management
-nice co-workers
-closing down the store with very little help
-Eating good & working hard
Good Environment
Production/Prep/Server (Former Employee), Cary, NCApril 1, 2015
Pros: Good food, one free meal per shift
Cons: non competitive wages
Bruegger's was a fun place to work. Easy to deal with customers and co workers. The compensation could have been better.
Work days flowed pretty smoothly.
I was working in a bakery as a Cashier.
Community Relations / CRA (Former Employee), La Jolla, CAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: working in a beach area, and a bakery.
Cons: no benefits package
I enjoyed working in a beach area, and working with the public. I was able to work in a bakery and use culinary arts, and food service experience in job.
Loved working at Bruegger's
Shift Leader and Cashier (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Friendly guests, free food!
Cons: grumpy manager
A typical day at work was very busy, with the same guests every day. Which I loved! I learned how to open and close the store, bake bagels in time honored methods, and gained shift leader experience. The job had it's ups and downs, the managment being one of the downs. GM would talk to his employees however he felt like it and the district manager would never do anything about it. The hardest part of the job would be not running out of bagels on a day with a line to the door! I loved every part of the job except for the general manager!
Good overall work life balance.
General Manager (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 22, 2015
It is a good overall work life balance. For a restaurant job the schedule does let you have time for family and friends. There does not to seem to be much room for advancement.
productive and exciting job
Counter Associate (Current Employee), Trumbull, CTJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: early shifts, tasty food
Cons: short breaks, not many hours
Brueggers Bagels was a pleasent job, it may get hectic but nothing I was not able to get used to. I acquired plenty of costumer service skills, and built strong relationships with many of our daily customers and co-workers. We care very much about our customers and the quality of our food.
Awesome place to work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: half off of lunches
Well my typical day started out prepping for breakfast, making coffee, setting out bagels and getting the line ready for lunch.

I learned as a shift supervisor, that to make a restaurant or fast food company work, you have to maintain good communication with your co-workers and the customers.

My manager was an awesome gentleman, full of fun and very easy going and laid back. Easy to talk to.

My co-workers were great people and they always respected me and did what I would ask and they even offered to help me without asking.

The hardest part of the job was really a test drive to make sure you could be successful in your career or your life.

I enjoyed the customers and making the orders that were requested, and going home after a busy day feeling satisfied.
Bruegger's Bagels
Sales Associate, Shift manager (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJanuary 24, 2015
I learned how to temp, sanitation, rotation, of food products.
worst job, poor training program, GM plays favorites
Assistant Manager and Sales Representative (Current Employee), OHJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: 50% off food, great customers
Cons: no breaks for management, you have pto but can't use it when you need to only when gm sees fit
Sometimes I open and close store, waiting on customer, baking bagels, prepping food, ordering, inventory, run and count registers, cleaning for close at night, all start of day and end of day reports. Training program is watching over the GM shoulder, the co-workers most of them are negative, the hardest part of the job is working with the GM who is always changing the rules and not communicating that they have changed, the most enjoyable part is waiting on the customers
Good for a first job or anyone entry level
Baker (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 19, 2014
Pros: close to residence
Cons: expensive, no benefits, early morning hours, bounced checks
Management did not provide job security due to their financial difficulties with expenses for day to day operations. Stayed with this company while during that time, my check bounced three different times. This company was not getting enough business to support their expenses let alone allow them to be a successful and profitable business.
bagel world
Counter Associate (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 25, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not enough hours was giving.
A typical day at work was very busy.
i learned how to make many different bagels and sandwiches.
Management was great.
Co-workers all worked hard.
hardest part was promotions but was done.
The most enjoyable part was making people happy.
Bruegger's was a productive place that had a lot of customers and was always busy.
Line Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCOctober 16, 2014
Pros: 30 min. lunch breaks
I worked part-time at Bruegger's and a typical day there consisted of a 6 a.m.-5 p.m. shift where we would always have a lot of college students and high school students. My co-workers were great and we all got along well. The hardest part of the job would be the customers wanting to switch their orders up or wanting a whole new order. The most enjoyable part would be seeing the customers enjoying the sandwich that I made.
Great place to advance but VERY poor managememt.
Counter Associate (Former Employee), Brighton, MASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches, opportunity to advance
Cons: general manager's take personal lives to work
I worked at Brueggers for almost a year. In less than six months our store switched General Managers five times. And this would not have been a problem if there was an Assistant Manager in out store, but instead of that there were three Shift Supervisors. One who was not fully trained (nor did she look like she could handle telling others what to do), the other was unreliable and lazy (great customer service), and the third basically ran the store with our help and without being asked. The third supervisor was strict at times and was really crazy about being clean, but she was great with the customers and the employees. I was surprised to see her quit, but I was happy that she showed me that it was okay to move on after a company has used you. I recommend that you dont work for a company who only wants to use your abilities and leave you to dry.
Great place to work.
Team Member (Current Employee), Schenectady, NYSeptember 21, 2014
All of the employees are sweet and kind. The work is straight forward and it allows you to be independent and responsible. The hardest part of the job would be that certain tasks are strenuous but other than that, everything is straight forward and easy.
Flexible work place with friendly environment
cashier (Current Employee), Akron, OHAugust 5, 2014
A typical day consist of preparing food and conversing with customers. I learned their that no matter how you are feeling a smile on you face and a hello and have a great day goes a long way. I've also learned to pace my self when business is very busy and also how to deal with those who are not having such a good day. Co-workers and I figure out ways to use team work when there is a lot to be done.
Amazing work place with amazing people
Bus Boy (Former Employee), Agoura Hills, CAAugust 4, 2014
Hardest part was being on top of everyone
management was amazing
most enjoyable part was being there with people that are awesome
Learned that i really could be a manager

1 2 3