Bruegger's Bagels Employee Reviews

Fast paced
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 17, 2017
It is a fun job however there is no advancement from within. The pay isnt worth the hassel that you go through. Its a great high school job for young adults.
Bruegger's Bagles
Counter Associate (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCAugust 14, 2017
You're on your feet all day long and most days you're rushing around to get your jobs done. If you miss a step in making sandwiches the customers will tell you. Sundays are the hardest days because everyone gets in line that day. Everyone there was really nice especially management.
great atmosphere to work in
Crew worker (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 3, 2017
Depending if you're opening/mid/closing the responsibilities are different but everyone cleans and everyone helps out customers. Manager is great and funny, he's a great person to talk to.Hardest part was the lunch rush and the most enjoyable is the different customers and interacting with them.
Pros
free lunch
okay
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 3, 2017
the place was alright , i would recommend anyone this job. its not a place you would want to work the rest of your life. however they have good food and an okay environment.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
smelling like bagel, the roach and mouse infestation
Fun great staff
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 2, 2017
The manager was great to work for,they made sure all employees had there lunches and they took care of us on holidays customers are great to be around
Pros
Lunch discount, paid time off
Cons
It is a good place to work at for those who are learning the business
Counter Help (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYAugust 1, 2017
Bruegger's is a company worth trying out it isn't much at but the longer your there you'll get to know how the store operates, such as the menu, customers opening and closing the store and more.
Pros
The is free food whenever needed, fair treatment
Cons
less time to relax, stress can lead to complications
Productive and fun place to work
Cahsier (Former Employee) –  Grosse Pointe, MIAugust 1, 2017
Friendly customers, Free Lunch and friendly staff overall just an nice place to wok. flex able hours and fun environment the hardest thing about the job is waking up early.
It wasn't a horrible experience but I would never do it again.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 31, 2017
I personally don't want to do customer service in a fast food industry anymore but Bruegger's was especially stressful. The breaks were very short and usually rushed and the customers were very rude. Our pay was not a livable wage and the tips were a few dollars at best. Some of the people there were very caring and it was a pretty standard fast paced job but ultimately not worth it in any way. Overall, I learned how to multi-task, prepare a new selection of food and operate an electronic cash register.
Pros
discounts, consistent hours
Cons
extremely short breaks, stressful, lack of order, low wages
hah.
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Auburndale, MAJuly 31, 2017
This place was a complete mess when I worked here. They claimed to be a "training bakery" but they could never get their story straight. The moment the big management turned their back it was back to whatever they wanted to do. The bakery management is extremely rude and they talk to you like a four year old if you ask a basic question. They are definitely NOT set up to be a training bakery and should be surprised inspected someday.
Obtained a lot of knowledge from working here.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 30, 2017
There was always a different experience to endure on the daily basis but for the most part they were great. Most enjoyable part of the job was the close-knit team membership.
Fadt oace atmosphere
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 27, 2017
Keep cool under pressure. Have to be able to provide excellent customer service while still being able to remember all the orders. Have to always make sure you avoid any allergens
Fast-paced Cafe
Counter Associate (Former Employee) –  Brookline, MAJuly 27, 2017
A typical day was filled with prepping the counter for the day; preparing and serving customers and maintaining a clean work environment. Management was wonderful and truly cared for the staff.
Pros
Great Management, Friendly Work Envrionment
Shift Survisor
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTJuly 25, 2017
It was and interesting place to work. a typical day would start with counting money making sure the baker was all set getting coffee's prepped. I learned how to become a supervisor. Burlington Bruegger's some of the management was ok not the best. it is very fast pace helping guest.
Not a good work place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  West Roxbury, MAJuly 21, 2017
Don't recommend working there. It's stressful and the managers are not good at training. I did not like it at all. The place is dirty most of the time.
Fun and exciting place to work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 20, 2017
My time at Bruegger's Bagels was fun and exciting. There was never a dull moment and there were always moments to make a customers day a little brighter.
Fun work place
Baker (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 20, 2017
typical day at work, Arrived to work at 3 Am, started the oven and then pulled out all the bagels and the seasoning. I also worked the register,Greeted customers.
Pros
fun work place
Cons
not enough hours
Not the best, but its a fun workplace.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYJuly 20, 2017
Management needs to be in a better place, due to lack of communication and control with the employees. Although it is a very fun workplace, its a bit too much fun to the point where things don't meet quotas.
great
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Pittsford, NYJuly 17, 2017
A typical day is i get there around 12, and thats when a lot of people show up so if im on the line im making bagels for people until 1. After that i juggle cleaning the store before close and take care of customers.
Pros
Peop
Fun place to work at
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 17, 2017
I loved the atmosphere of the job and the interact with the customers on a daily. The things that I have learned from my time at the job was how to run shifts do inventory and payroll
Great product at a fair price. Fast paced and fun place to work. They take pride in their product
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 16, 2017
I worked for Brueggers for 10 years and enjoyed my job. There was great variety in my work day. I would still be employed there had my bakery not closed in December. One day I would bake and next day did the ordering and scheduling following guidelines the company had for labor for that particular bakery. I also did the employee training at my location and handling catering and corporate orders. They are a fair company to work for and always looking for input to help improve the brand. A great deal of pride goes into the product to ensure it is the highest quality
Pros
Allowed me great experience in the management field
Cons
The pay wasn't that great for the jobs I performed and the amount of time with the company