Bruegger's Bagels

Bruegger's Bagels Employer Reviews

Amazing work place with amazing people
Bus Boy (Former Employee), Agoura Hills, CAAugust 4, 2014
Hardest part was being on top of everyone
management was amazing
most enjoyable part was being there with people that are awesome
Learned that i really could be a manager
Not a pleasant place to work
Asst. Manager (Former Employee), Bryn Mawr, PAJuly 16, 2014
Cons: low pay, stressful, no breaks, poor management and district mgr
Manager was unfair and mean to the employees. Stressful, always short staffed, never get breaks not a pleasant environment to work in. District Manager was not qualified and would threaten employees that their jobs were on the line.
Liked it, didn't love it.
Server (Former Employee), NCJune 11, 2014
Enjoyable workplace, but needed to look for a better opportunity.
Fun work Place but low pay
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Albany, NYMay 11, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: no healthcare, low pay, bad management
i enjoyed the people who i worked with and the day to days also but the pay was very low and the manager i had (who later got terminated) was so much of a "penny pincher" that she'll try to use old products from time to time, I spoke out about it but nothing came of it so i'll just dispose of it when she wasn't around.
Friendly atmosphere
Server (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMay 4, 2014
Pros: laidback atmosphere
The people who come here are friendly. Managers are also nice people. The job is easy to get used to.
Typical Day At Work
Primary Cashier/ Closer (Current Employee), Chapel HillApril 24, 2014
A typical day at work for me is taking leadership and leading in the right direction. Interacting with guest meeting guests needs by providing high quality service.
Fast Pace Food Service Environment
Shift Lead (Current Employee), Greenville, SCApril 15, 2014
Pros: free drinks and 50% of of meals for the family once a week
Cons: short breaks and long hours
A typical day at work can start as early as 5am, when the opening supervisor and baker come in for the day. The store opens at 5:30 when all preparation for the day must be done and bagels are in the basket. From the time of open til close it is time to greet customers and help them. At closing, all registers are audited for the day and the deposits – more... are made. The store must also be cleaned and have all bake items ready for the next day.

The biggest thing that I have learned from this job is the importance of time management and prioritizing. You have to be able to juggle several different orders correctly and get them done withing a certain time frame. It really does take great concentration and focus to always get orders done correctly.

I have also learned the art of multi tasking. Many days the drive through order taker not only takes the order, but cooks and cashes out the customer. This takes great skill and you also learn to not get frustrated really easily.

The store management always tries their best. They are constantly bombarded with new structures and rules from corporate (a new company has taken over and that causes friction from time to time). Sometimes there is a lack of communication it seems, but, this is not malicious just human error.

My co-workers are wonderful. We are a very small store (only 6 people there working) and all of us have different strengths, which compliment each other very well. We do get tired and grumpy, but that's because of the long hours we spend working so hard.

The hardest part of my job is standing on my feet for really long hours without any kind of shock absorption gel mat. The minimum wage starting pay.

The most enjoyable part of the job is watching the kids eat a bagel and grin from ear to ear, seeing the customers that come in everyday and know them by name, or just cheering up someone whose had a bad day with a silly joke. – less
poor management
Cashier (Former Employee), st. louis park, mnMarch 31, 2014
The work environment was hectic and the management was not very good. Very stressful/
Very pleasant enviroment to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Cary, NCMarch 24, 2014
a fun atmosphere and great place to work. The customers and employees where a joy to work with. The hours were great. Overall a decent job.
A beautiful place to work
Relief/Full-time Baker, Crew Member, Barista (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 12, 2014
We worked hard with many high volume days and hours but there was always something to do in downtime. the management was well rounded; stern but relatable and esy to talk to. co-workers could hold their own and were willing to help others in stressful situations.
Friendly environement, caring managers
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 9, 2014
I loved interacting with guest at Bruegger's. I would start early and interact with early morning regulars and additional regulars through out the busy day. Memorizing sandwich builds, baking bagels, attempting to complete inventory and learning management skills through great advice from my managers and manager trainees.
Current day job
Sandwich Maker (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 5, 2014
It is an ok job
There is nothing hard about the job
I love dealing with the customers
New Job
cashier (Former Employee), Hartford, CTJanuary 23, 2014
this was my first job in the food business and it was a good was for me to learn my customer service skills being a young teen trying to grow up!
Hours work with family life
Training General Manager (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 12, 2014
I enjoy the GUESTS.

•a typical day at work- hard working

•what you learned- multitasking

•management- upgrades

•the hardest part of the job- staying organized

•the most enjoyable part of the job- Guests
Good job with good people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 19, 2013
Everyone there was good to work with and get the job done 100% all the time.
A wonderful happy environment to work at.
Food Prep/Staff Member (Former Employee), Marion, IANovember 5, 2013
Pros: a happy, clean environment, also with happy guests.
Cons: opening at incredibly early hours.
My duties while I worked at Brueggers were to work on the sandwich line to take food orders and prepare the bagel sandwiches, hot paninis, cold deli sandwiches, and also salads. When I was not working on the sandwich preparation line I worked at the panini press station filling bowls of soup and also pressing the panini sandwiches. The other two duties – more... I had at Brueggers was working the cash register filling coffee and special drink orders and processing meal payments, as well as working in the back prepping the veggies, meats, chicken and tuna salads to be put in their container and dated accordingly for freshness. The best part of working at Brueggers was the morning rush, I enjoyed filling the orders and multi tasking, the customers enjoyed the work I did in the timely manner I accomplished it. The hardest part was having to open so early in the morning, other than that I thoroughly enjoyed working there. – less
Don't waste ur time
Assistant manager (Former Employee), Cleveland, ohOctober 16, 2013
Pros: absolutely none
Cons: no breaks, unless ur a minor, even then it's kinda iffy. not a good atmosphere for employees
Employees are expected to give 110% of their time to the company. I was told personally that if I went back to college I couldn't get the promotion I was about to get. What company doesn't want they're employees to better themselves? They want u to sell your soul to them for a paycheck. They transferred me to almost every bakery in the area, not giving – more... me any other option. It's transfer or get fired. There is no room for advancement.. If u do get the opportunity they will set you up to fail with terrible training and then fire you when you struggle to succeed.. There is no pleasing upper management – less
Great Place to connect with great neighbors.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 25, 2013
Pros: i loved helping the people i served.
Cons: the company does not treat their employees fairly.
I enjoyed serving our regulars, and knew most of them by name. I made a practice of serving smiles and jokes with the eggs and coffee. I generally got along well with my co-workers. I really loved everything about the job, however, I was never given a fair chance for advancement, in spite of my experience, and I was never offered a fair wage.
Fast-paced workplace with attention to detail.
Shift Supervisor/ Baker/ Catering Coordinator (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 15, 2013
Pros: delicious fresh bagels at a discount.
Cons: the shifts could get re-worked to help specific locations deal with their rushes more efficiently.
My shifts started at 4:30 a.m. and I would come in and bake the bagels for the day. It was a very fast paced, hot, labor intensive job to do at 4:30 in the morning but it was actually very enjoyable. It taught me what hard work was all about. After about two to three hours later when the open bake was done, I would come out onto the floor and start – more... on prep for the day. Building to certain pars to ensure smooth operations for the day of and the following morning. In the morning before the open bake it was necessary for me to check the catering website for any new orders that day and to act accordingly. If any catering calls came in throughout the day it was solely my responsibility to take care of the customer completely. I would take the call, make the order, deliver if necessary, and take payments online and over the phone as well as in person. Later in the day I would follow up with the catering customer to ensure complete satisfaction with the food and service and I would thank them personally for their business. While this is happening one other shift supervisor and myself were responsible for the smooth operations in the front of the house. Customer satisfaction is always first and it was our job to guarantee it. My co-workers were wonderful people. A little misguided at times but proper management always made the days run smoothly. The hardest part of my job was leaving during rushes. If you start your shift at 4:30 a.m. then your shift ends at 1:00 p.m. Fortunately the location that I managed at had very busy lunch rushes that usually started around 12:00 p.m. and lasted until 1:00-1:30 p.m. The only bad part of the lunch rush is that my shift would be over and they were busy and needed help but my GM would force me to clock out because he wouldn't allow overtime. This caused me to work a lot of hours off the clock because I can't walk out on my team in a rush. They need leaders and strong managers to carry them through. That is not the example that I want to set for my co-workers. Besides that I loved my job. It was difficult adjusting to the hours at first but after a week or two I had no complaints. The customers were great, the food was great, my co-workers were great, and I fully enjoyed working for the company and would do so again at some point. – less
Fun place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Hingham, MAJune 13, 2013
I learned how to boil and bake bagels. Co-workers were easy to work with. My boss recommended I become the assistant manager because of my work ethics.