Bruegger's Bagels

Bruegger's Bagels Employer Reviews

Good overall work life balance.
General Manager (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 22, 2015
It is a good overall work life balance. For a restaurant job the schedule does let you have time for family and friends. There does not to seem to be much room for advancement.
productive and exciting job
Counter Associate (Current Employee), Trumbull, CTJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: early shifts, tasty food
Cons: short breaks, not many hours
Brueggers Bagels was a pleasent job, it may get hectic but nothing I was not able to get used to. I acquired plenty of costumer service skills, and built strong relationships with many of our daily customers and co-workers. We care very much about our customers and the quality of our food.
Awesome place to work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: half off of lunches
Well my typical day started out prepping for breakfast, making coffee, setting out bagels and getting the line ready for lunch.

I learned as a shift supervisor, that to make a restaurant or fast food company work, you have to maintain good communication with your co-workers and the customers.

My manager was an awesome gentleman, full of fun and very easy going and laid back. Easy to talk to.

My co-workers were great people and they always respected me and did what I would ask and they even offered to help me without asking.

The hardest part of the job was really a test drive to make sure you could be successful in your career or your life.

I enjoyed the customers and making the orders that were requested, and going home after a busy day feeling satisfied.
Bruegger's Bagels
Sales Associate, Shift manager (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJanuary 24, 2015
I learned how to temp, sanitation, rotation, of food products.
worst job, poor training program, GM plays favorites
Assistant Manager and Sales Representative (Current Employee), OHJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: 50% off food, great customers
Cons: no breaks for management, you have pto but can't use it when you need to only when gm sees fit
Sometimes I open and close store, waiting on customer, baking bagels, prepping food, ordering, inventory, run and count registers, cleaning for close at night, all start of day and end of day reports. Training program is watching over the GM shoulder, the co-workers most of them are negative, the hardest part of the job is working with the GM who is always changing the rules and not communicating that they have changed, the most enjoyable part is waiting on the customers
Good for a first job or anyone entry level
Baker (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 19, 2014
Pros: close to residence
Cons: expensive, no benefits, early morning hours, bounced checks
Management did not provide job security due to their financial difficulties with expenses for day to day operations. Stayed with this company while during that time, my check bounced three different times. This company was not getting enough business to support their expenses let alone allow them to be a successful and profitable business.
bagel world
Counter Associate (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 25, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not enough hours was giving.
A typical day at work was very busy.
i learned how to make many different bagels and sandwiches.
Management was great.
Co-workers all worked hard.
hardest part was promotions but was done.
The most enjoyable part was making people happy.
Bruegger's was a productive place that had a lot of customers and was always busy.
Line Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCOctober 16, 2014
Pros: 30 min. lunch breaks
I worked part-time at Bruegger's and a typical day there consisted of a 6 a.m.-5 p.m. shift where we would always have a lot of college students and high school students. My co-workers were great and we all got along well. The hardest part of the job would be the customers wanting to switch their orders up or wanting a whole new order. The most enjoyable part would be seeing the customers enjoying the sandwich that I made.
Great place to advance but VERY poor managememt.
Counter Associate (Former Employee), Brighton, MASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches, opportunity to advance
Cons: general manager's take personal lives to work
I worked at Brueggers for almost a year. In less than six months our store switched General Managers five times. And this would not have been a problem if there was an Assistant Manager in out store, but instead of that there were three Shift Supervisors. One who was not fully trained (nor did she look like she could handle telling others what to do), the other was unreliable and lazy (great customer service), and the third basically ran the store with our help and without being asked. The third supervisor was strict at times and was really crazy about being clean, but she was great with the customers and the employees. I was surprised to see her quit, but I was happy that she showed me that it was okay to move on after a company has used you. I recommend that you dont work for a company who only wants to use your abilities and leave you to dry.
Great place to work.
Team Member (Current Employee), Schenectady, NYSeptember 21, 2014
All of the employees are sweet and kind. The work is straight forward and it allows you to be independent and responsible. The hardest part of the job would be that certain tasks are strenuous but other than that, everything is straight forward and easy.
Flexible work place with friendly environment
cashier (Current Employee), Akron, OHAugust 5, 2014
A typical day consist of preparing food and conversing with customers. I learned their that no matter how you are feeling a smile on you face and a hello and have a great day goes a long way. I've also learned to pace my self when business is very busy and also how to deal with those who are not having such a good day. Co-workers and I figure out ways to use team work when there is a lot to be done.
Amazing work place with amazing people
Bus Boy (Former Employee), Agoura Hills, CAAugust 4, 2014
Hardest part was being on top of everyone
management was amazing
most enjoyable part was being there with people that are awesome
Learned that i really could be a manager
Not a pleasant place to work
Asst. Manager (Former Employee), Bryn Mawr, PAJuly 16, 2014
Cons: low pay, stressful, no breaks, poor management and district mgr
Manager was unfair and mean to the employees. Stressful, always short staffed, never get breaks not a pleasant environment to work in. District Manager was not qualified and would threaten employees that their jobs were on the line.
Liked it, didn't love it.
Server (Former Employee), NCJune 11, 2014
Enjoyable workplace, but needed to look for a better opportunity.
Fun work Place but low pay
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Albany, NYMay 11, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: no healthcare, low pay, bad management
i enjoyed the people who i worked with and the day to days also but the pay was very low and the manager i had (who later got terminated) was so much of a "penny pincher" that she'll try to use old products from time to time, I spoke out about it but nothing came of it so i'll just dispose of it when she wasn't around.
Friendly atmosphere
Server (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMay 4, 2014
Pros: laidback atmosphere
The people who come here are friendly. Managers are also nice people. The job is easy to get used to.
Typical Day At Work
Primary Cashier/ Closer (Current Employee), Chapel HillApril 24, 2014
A typical day at work for me is taking leadership and leading in the right direction. Interacting with guest meeting guests needs by providing high quality service.
Fast Pace Food Service Environment
Shift Lead (Current Employee), Greenville, SCApril 15, 2014
Pros: free drinks and 50% of of meals for the family once a week
Cons: short breaks and long hours
A typical day at work can start as early as 5am, when the opening supervisor and baker come in for the day. The store opens at 5:30 when all preparation for the day must be done and bagels are in the basket. From the time of open til close it is time to greet customers and help them. At closing, all registers are audited for the day and the deposits are made. The store must also be cleaned and have all bake items ready for the next day.

The biggest thing that I have learned from this job is the importance of time management and prioritizing. You have to be able to juggle several different orders correctly and get them done withing a certain time frame. It really does take great concentration and focus to always get orders done correctly.

I have also learned the art of multi tasking. Many days the drive through order taker not only takes the order, but cooks and cashes out the customer. This takes great skill and you also learn to not get frustrated really easily.

The store management always tries their best. They are constantly bombarded with new structures and rules from corporate (a new company has taken over and that causes friction from time to time). Sometimes there is a lack of communication it seems, but, this is not malicious just human error.

My co-workers are wonderful. We are a very small store (only 6 people there working) and all of us have different strengths, which compliment each other very well. We do get tired and grumpy, but that's because of the long hours we spend working so hard.

The hardest part of my job is standing on my feet for really long hours without any kind of shock absorption gel mat. The minimum wage starting pay.

The most enjoyable part of the job is watching the kids eat a bagel and grin from ear to ear, seeing the customers that come in everyday and know them by name, or just cheering up someone whose had a bad day with a silly joke.
poor management
Cashier (Former Employee), st. louis park, mnMarch 31, 2014
The work environment was hectic and the management was not very good. Very stressful/
Very pleasant enviroment to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Cary, NCMarch 24, 2014
a fun atmosphere and great place to work. The customers and employees where a joy to work with. The hours were great. Overall a decent job.

1 2 3