Brunel Employee Reviews in United States

Great coworkers and bad management
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE / COLLECTIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2015
I worked with great people that functioned as a team within the department. The benefits and salary were excellent. However, management does not believe in communicating with their employees. In addition, management made crucial decisions without asking the people that actually did the work and had more insight. Again, this is a communication issue that will continue to hurt them financially. Management does not look at the big picture!
Pros
Great pay, Great benefits
Cons
No communication
Employment Agency
Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 15, 2016
The best employment agency I've worked for, and I've worked for several in Houston.
The salary is amongst the highest in the Oil industry.
Employees are professional, and always able to help with any issues that may arrive while you are on assignment.
Brunel Energy is a great employment agency, I would love to work with them again.
Pros
High Salary
Cons
Non
Would not recommend
Recruitment (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 9, 2016
High turnover, unsupportive and unresponsive management. Inexperienced management. No training or other resources necessary to be successful.
Horrible management
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 11, 2014
Steer clear of Brunel Houston! Even though there were awesome people working there, the poor decisions upper management made in the hiring managers made this place a horrible place to work at. One day they praise your work to you and others, the next you are not a "good fit". "Managers" have no experience and hide behind HR and the Director's name. I enjoy working here until my boss resigned and we were dealt a horrible hand with the new manager. Mistake after mistake is done at Brunel!
Pros
compensation
Cons
poor management, open door policy is non existent
Professional work environment
Operations Area Controller - Person in Charge (Former Employee) –  Malongo, AngolaJanuary 4, 2016
The job involved the safe work practice and safety of 200+ men crews on a live petroleum production platform while live hot work (open flame) was implemented, in a construction environment.
Pros
Travel and meet new challenges every day.
Cons
Budget restraints with product market price, made the work duration uncertain.
Contract Safety Coordinator, Salt Lake City
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 11, 2014
I was hired as a contract Safety Coordinator to Kennecott.

Brunel poorly administered my employment. It took Brunel weeks and weeks to get a contract to me - and when they did, it was clearly the wrong one. The contract terms required that all intellectual property I had ever developed - past, present and future - be assigned to Brunel - unless I specifically identified which items I wished to retain control of. I asked Brunel about this, they blamed in wording developed by their European owners.

Brunel was mystified by request to submit time cards electronically - but finally figured out how to manage that.

On the other hand, Kennecott had a notably poorly managed safety team. They spent money like crazy with seemingly little regard for utility value. I was being paid about $50 and hour to stand around and observe people work. There was little developed integration or training tools. I developed a comprehensive new employee guide - something my boss should have done in the 2 years he had been there. Kennecott was filled with political intrigue and a disappointing place to work.
Pros
over-the-top compensation
Cons
poorly managed employee-company interface
Flexible work schedule is a plus
Management Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 21, 2015
All I can say is that the flexible work schedule was a plus while I was there but I would not want to go back. Oil and gas economy is really hurting the outlook for career growth and development within the organization.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 30, 2014
Strong management, good compensation and career path. Wonderful place to grow sales and account management skills.
Wonderful Company
Senior Recruiting Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2015
• Skilled at using various in-house tracking systems (XRM and Carerix), with the purpose of building a pipeline of strong candidate for every available role and keeping track of notes on these individuals
• Keeping abreast on applicable federal, state, and local law requirements related to per diems, visas, and passport status requirements.
• Assist in arranging all of the following: Compliance, setting up Drug/Alcohol, Background checks, and mandatory training requirement issues
• Prescreening candidates before the applicants are presented to the Clients, preparing them when necessary for phone/face-to-face interviews
• Excellent oral and written, and phone communication skills
• Ability to work in a highly competitive, fast-paced, results-oriented environment
• Maintain strong relationship with Recruitment Managers and Account Managers to ensure that I am up to date on trainings and new information regarding recruiting techniques and strategies, market information, as well as new client information
• Keeping an eye out for marketing ideas to suggest for keeping our clients as well as candidates happy Constantly seeking new avenues of finding fresh new candidates
• Flexible in my roles ranging from Executive to admin levels
Never got to meet Management Team. Was hire immediately to work for Exxon Mobil as contractor within Brunel
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Houston TXMarch 25, 2014
Processed Engineering Transmittal between multiple project and contractors daily. Participated in all project meeting weekly.

Learned how to use SharePoint to transmit documents...

Management was great to work with... They gave all support needed...

My co-workers were great... Always willing to help when needed...

The Hardest part was trying to find documents that were submitted to in-country Ops for reference.

Most enjoyable part was the fast pace environment...
Business Continuity
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UtahOctober 28, 2013
I learned a lot about business continuity and disaster recovery while scheduling recovery efforts for a large landslide at the mine. While working with different business units to develop a cohesive integrated cost & schedule plan was hard, due to the lack of project management understanding, but rewarding getting the projects scheduled, base lined, and completed.
One big mistake
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasSeptember 12, 2013
Well, I have made many mistakes in my professional life as most people do. However, working at Brunel is probably the greatest mistake I have ever made in my career. A mistake I realized within days of starting there. In fact during my first week I started looking for another job. In a few short months I found one and quickly moved on with exhuberant enthusiasm. There is a reason why there is a 45% turnover rate at Brunel Energy since January 2013.

Why did I want to leave Brunel? First off the training is terribly inadequate, management was untrustworthy and in general could care less about the employees there.

Management treats you like a child. Prohibits you from wearing headphones or even having your cellphones on your desk. Management is extremely unethical in their practices and any efforts to recitify these issues are brushed off with arrogance. Advancement is apparently only for those who carry a visa as all management positions are held by visa holders. If you are American then good luck moving up in the company.

Morale there is so low that Brunel has to write fake reviews on indeed to show positive reviews. I know the accounting supervisor and that person would not leave a review like that. In fact that person left the company as of this review. While I was there many employees would confide in one another that the mere thought of driving to Brunel would make them depressed. I went through this and thought I was the only one.

If you are considering Brunel, I would strongly consider looking elsewhere. You are bound to find a better job somewhere else. Leaving Brunel
  more... was probably one of the greatest decisions I have ever made in my life. I am now at a great company where my ideas are valued and I am treated with great respect.

Also, the ERP used there, Navision, is a fantastic mess that I wouldnt wish on my worst enemy. In fact thats how I feel about working at Brunel.
Pros
they pay for your insurance
Cons
working there, bonuses that don't exist, management, brunel culture, and using navision.
Great people, Great Company
Accounting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 26, 2013
awesome place to work. Management always looks for workers progress and personal development. Been working here for almost 10 years and it is simply awesome