Brunswick Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Don't do it
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAApril 8, 2016
Your hard work and dedication mean nothing to them. they will use you for as long as they can before they throw you under the bus.
great employees but company views employees as expendable
bartender (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 5, 2016
Hires a lot of younger people who tend to call in a lot. This affected all aspects of the job and made us all work harder. When viewing something wrong and bringing it up to the district manager and general manager I was told to "keep my mouth shut" and that "eventually we will try to fix these problems, but may take a long time"
Pros
some good co-workers
Cons
poor treatment of employees and customers from management and the company
Fun and focused workplace
Warehouse Associate Decals Division (Former Employee) –  New York Mills, MNFebruary 15, 2016
Treat people like people respect you for your hard work promotions easily earned. Praise people for staying on task and focused.
Pros
good management
Cons
short break times
Good People and Good Environment
Engine Install (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 28, 2016
Brunswick had a good environment with some very good people. Everyone was very friendly and cooperative. Steady work pace most days, other days there was very little to do.
Pros
Good environment, good people, good wages.
Cons
Hours, up and down work pace
Shift Lead
Shift lead (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 23, 2016
Was good job but had no career advancement opportunities with management. I loved my co workers and the patrons that I was able to see two to three times a week. I did not like the low pay or the lack of career advancement that the company had to offer. I wanted to learn more but there was no "time available" to teach, because we were always in need and teaching new hires.
Pros
Dealing with angry customers and employees
Cons
Nothing except not having the chance to excel more.
Great Company to work for
Forecasting Analyst & SIOP Lead (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MIJanuary 14, 2016
This is the best company I have ever worked, they let you explore different opportunities at work. Great work culture, supportive staff.
It was fun in beginning but has gone down hill since.
Shift Leader/Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 6, 2016
My typical day would get to work and count all finances through the business day for the company. Look over the over/short for the day before and verify lost preventions. I learned to be an officiant worker and help other when need. Also able to step up when need to take care of a problem within the company and solve the issue. The hardest part of the job was to be able to take the management role when general manager issue me my position. Made it a little difficult for the first few days then it got easier as the days went by. Most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with the customers that came in there and got to know then person to have there time more enjoyable at Brunswick.
Pros
Hours, flex time
Cons
not enough staff, GM not there when things occur.
not terrible, but not good
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  flagler beach floridaDecember 4, 2015
quantity not quality. company doesn't care for the employees at all. human resources are terrible and extremely one sided, and very poorly handled. hours start early and your days will end late. they claim to work 4 ten hour days a week, in the entire time i was there didn't see less than 5 ten hour days, and a lot of 6 day 60 hour minimum work weeks. overtime is MANDATORY. don't like it they will fire and replace you without notice.
Pros
Cons
30 minute lunch for a 10-12hour day.
Stay away from Brunswick
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILNovember 23, 2015
This is not a place you work if you want to advance unless you know someone. No work/life balance, managers are worthless, and mine would throw her own employees under bus in a heartbeat!
Management consists of a bunch of over grown men that are only worried about their own pocket.
Pros
None - since you can be fired just because your boss does not like you
Cons
Good Old Boys Club
racisim, discrimination, sexisim, herassment, favortisim.
assembler/past (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WINovember 21, 2015
Pay cap at 15 an hour in assembly for the rest of your life. If someone calls in, your forced to do their job plus your own job. Half the crew on lines call in all the time because being forced to to other peoples jobs. Management only cares about numbers and bonuses for themselves. Your not viewed as a person. The union sides with them always and don't care.no work stability, they constantly move you wherever they want. If you make a complaint to hr, your a liar and may as well start looking for a new job. A bunch of teenagers work there who play on phones and tablets all day resulting in poor quality of product, and constant horseplay of goofing off. No accountability at all. If john doe keeps making a mistake, everyone gets blamed because poor management. Floaters job description is to do nothing unless they feel like it. Job bids are fixed. If you win a bid and they want to keep you where your at, theyll cancelled your bid and repost it or wash you out and repost it. If you bid to a different shift, the supervisor will talk to other shift supervisor and cancelled your bid. If your harassed,and you report it, they will say prove it, and if you prove it, they still do nothing. Old people there are always making racial slurs.that can't keep any workers because when new people show up and see what's going on, they either quit, call in, or don't come back. And there's a lot of drug dealing going on in there in young people.
Pros
insurance
Cons
everything
Way to much work for one guy started before sunrise didnt go home till way after sunset
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  NY RT 2 Cropseyville ny 12052November 13, 2015
I thought after almost 30yrs I would have job security oops guess I was wrong, make way for someone cheaper less experience after 4+yrs their still looking
Pros
Good benifits, sick time, vacation, many holidays off, and paid +floating holidays +education reimburesment
Cons
To much favoritism, to low a pay, for my job for almost 30yrs to many chiefs not enough indians not concistent with decisions
Not that bad
Host children parties (Current Employee) –  KennesawAugust 26, 2015
This place isn't very bad to work at. There are things that can be better just like any job but i have worked here for 2.5 years and I'm still here. This place is easy for me to work at because i love working with people.
Pros
Dealing with the children
Cons
Scheduling
poor environment and unfair compensation for employees
private (Former Employee) –  new york mills, mnAugust 19, 2015
Too many people that don't know how to do their job or are unwilling to do it. Unfair treatment for different "races". Fights all the way against employees that are receiving short term disability or FMLA.
Pros
lunch breaks, pay
Cons
over run by "somolians" and unfair compensation for hard workers
Great place to wok
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2015
Unparalleled experience in regards to corporate communication. You get to meet and work with the industry's best! ...
Pros
free lunch, summer Fridays!
Sad to see this company sold
Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJuly 14, 2015
This was a great opportunity, we were all sad to see the acquisition. The entire marketing team (along with many others) were let go in favor of AMF's team.
family friendly
Pc Technician (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MIJune 7, 2015
co-workers were great, manager was willing to help and teach. I loved the office staff and plant staff. Made the work day tolerable
Sport facility requiring constant machine maintenance and communication.
B Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Perry Hall, MDJune 1, 2015
A typical day at work for me typically begins with lane maintenance. I operate a machine that cleans and oils each lane. Once that is finished, I can begin machine maintenance on the 48 lanes we have. From day to day, I communicate with the employees up front to keep them informed of which machine I will be working on. When I am performing maintenance on a machine, I could be replacing a part, making adjustments, cleaning parts, or even lubricating pivot points. I work alone typically, but there are two other mechanics that work in the same facility at different times. We try to keep a record of work performed so any issues could be resolved quickly in the event that something goes wrong. It can be a stressful job on occasion due to high volume of business, but I do enjoy the feeling of getting a machine fixed and running again. I feel a sense of accomplishment and I know that customers will be happier that their machine will be running without issue. While working here, I have learned a lot of tricks to working with machines and tools. I have learned a small amount about electricity, plumbing, and even HVAC equipment. As a maintenance mechanic, the machines are not the only part of my job. If a monitor fails, it is my job to replace the board and ensure it works again. The same goes for snackbar, bathroom, and computer equipment. I have good relationships with some employees, but others bring unnecessary stress to the environment. I try to avoid the issues other bring and stick to what I am there to do, my job.
Pros
Flexible hours most of the time. Direct supervisor can be reasonable.
Cons
Management communication, Vacation hours, Lunch is not a break, Very stressful at times.
no brains no pains
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WisMay 27, 2015
A lot of empty promises. Uneducated and unexperienced management and co-workers. Union is not helpful. They through you to the dogs with no training. Forced overtime during the week and weekends. No parts to fix the equipment so you try to use what ever you can find. They treat you like second class citizen. The pay is better then most for the area. Benefits are decent for the area. No bonuses unless your management. Forbes ranked it as a great place to work, I'm guessing if your in management. If you want a stress free job that you get paid as much as the lazy guy next to you this is the place. But for me that's very unfulfilling.
Pros
low stress, lunch rooms, pay
Cons
no benefit to work harder
machine opreator
operator machine (Current Employee) –  fond du lac ,wiMay 26, 2015
it is good job and people are vary friendly there . we build engines and it is hard job , the mus enjoyable part of my job it is after we done from building small part and after we join them together correctly we see what we have made ruing in front of are eyes .
Pros
mercury marine
Cons
motor
Fun workplace with LONG HOURS
Branch manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 11, 2015
Fast paced environment and cool co-workers is what keeps you going at this place. The management is good and for the most part will do everything possible to help you succeed.
Pros
Manage your own business, good benefits, unlimited earning potential
Cons
no work life balance-work weekends-short staffed