Brunswick Corporation Employee Reviews

Assembly (Current Employee) –  Edgewater, FLJanuary 16, 2018
Brunswick is an amazing company that is all about safety and giving back to employees and the community as a whole. Amazing to work for and always something to learn and grow.
Pros
Benefits, hours, pay
Poor management unprofessional handling of employees
Marketing Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 10, 2018
Work was frequently micromanaged by head of department, with little chance to work on projects or any chance to learn. Uses contract employees to avoid having to provide benefits and drops them once they feel they have gotten enough out of them. Was given no notice of this after months of promises to be brought on full time. Was called by staffing agency after work and told not to come back the next weekend. Unreliable with no real benefits to work. (Worked in the offices not manufacturing departments)
Fun Place to work, Perfect even.
Fence Builder (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 6, 2018
Brunswick is my idea of the perfect place to work. They have great vacation and insurance benefits. Also quarterly family events or company picnics. my favorite job ever.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILDecember 20, 2017
Brunswick was a well structured company with long-term plans and opportunities for advancement, specially if willing to relocate. I learned a lot from the exposure to the various business, sites and product lines that Brunswick has.
Pros
Organized, stabled, culture
Cons
Vulnerable to shifts in economy
It was an enjoyable environment with bad management.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 18, 2017
We were switched to a 4 day, 10 hour schedule with the intention of taking Saturdays off of our work schedule. Instead, they decided to work us Monday - Saturday every week. The compensation was great but the management lacked any sort of communication and lacked consistency in their reasoning for decisions.
Cons
Shirt Breaks. Management.
Great place to work!
Human Resource (Current Employee) –  Mettawa, ILDecember 14, 2017
I highly recommend Brunswick. It's a big company but has a small company vibe. People are approachable and encouraging. You feel the passion with everyone. From technology to recruiting new talent, there are a lot of exciting and good changes going on with the company. Plus, you can't beat the benefits. Amazing 401K, health benefits and flexible work schedules!
Pros
Great benefits, helpful coworkers, fun products
Stressful and racist
Welder (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 1, 2017
Poor management and leadership! Engineering is a joke they are more worried about meetings rather than fixing the problems they created! They treat their employees like dirt! Hr is a joke they don't care about the employees! You can't use your vacation when you want to! The weld Tech's are nothing but a joke! A very stressful and racist work environment! I wouldn't recommend anyone to work here!!!!
Pros
Cons
Stressful/ racist work environment
Stressful
Officer (Current Employee) –  Bolivia, NCNovember 28, 2017
Not working well with family life hard schedule with kids. Stressful got injured while working a dangerous environment. Need something where I can be a mom and a wife family comes first. Not very understanding.
Pros
People I worked with
Cons
Schedule
Terrible
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Turnersville, NJNovember 22, 2017
No room for advancement. Current manager is heartless and bland. Didn't take job seriously at all. I started my day by doing a bunch of work my manager didn't get done forcing my job responsibilities to be set on hold. The culture was great before AMF took over. The hardest part of the job is making sure the company doesn't think your stealing. That's right. Take a pen home and your job is done.
Pros
Cons
everything
Enjoyable place to work, friendly people miss working there
Welder (Former Employee) –  Lebanon MissouriNovember 14, 2017
A good place to work friendly people we all did are work like we were told to get done that day and we would help each other out if they needed it but new computer hiring system is not user friendly ,I have A lot of problems trying to get signed in to check on jobs
Pros
Enjoyable place to work
Cons
Can't sign in web to get information about my applicant or to apply for different job's openings
Fun Environment
General Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILOctober 25, 2017
Day to day this was a fun place to work--you got to help people have fun, help them plan their parties, and let them have a good time. Helping with the leagues wasn't hard as long as the lanes were working properly.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Hours
Bowling Alley
Bookkeeper/Front Office Administration (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZOctober 9, 2017
It was a fun place to work. The staff were all caring and very customer detailed. It was like working at Six Flags, non stop fun. I enjoyed my interaction with all workers when they were cashing out at the end of thier shifts.
Management sucks
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Ramsey MinnesotaOctober 3, 2017
As a current employee of Brunswick Life Fitness the management here absolutely is disrespectful plays favorites and makes you feel like you're doing something wrong when you're doing your job for new employees you're expected to know more than you currently do and if somebody that works there helps you they're reprimanded because they're not focusing on welding there helping you learn the job.
Pros
Okay pay excellent benefits
Cons
Management management management
This job was tolerable, but I didn't want to work with this company for a long period of time.
waitressing (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CASeptember 10, 2017
I learned patience when communicating with customers. The management was unorganized and difficult to work with. The best part about working here was that it was fast paced.
Hmmm
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 31, 2017
Think twice before starting... if u don't train well or can't keep up with a fast paced company then this isn't the place for u. Also it is very drama filled and can get hostile.. in the short amount of time I have been here I have seen many people come and go the turn over rate is super high and people like to gossip.. so basically think of high school.
Once hired and passed through 90days of probationary pd (which are not counted for through the 90 days as a temp) the benefits can be great but expect hours to change and amount of work demands to change at random-- this place lacks good communication at all levels
Pros
Sundays off (currently), good Ins 401k etc., birthday luncheons each mo., Decent pay, Overtime in busy seasons (summer), Chance to cross-train and move throughout company
Cons
Short breaks. No notice for overtime. Poor communication throughout. Inconsistent. Poor scheduling
A very clean work place and great follow workers.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ILJuly 22, 2017
A typical day would start by punching in on the company time clock.Start by dust mopping every lane in the bowling alley.Next would be to oil every lane in the house,upon completion turn on all machines,check all lights,check both men and ladies restrooms.
Pros
Clean work place, great follow workers, and pleasant management.
Cons
Pay scale was not ample.
fun place
Aluminum Mig Welder (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 29, 2017
Best place i have ever worked. Good pay benefits. Fast pace, nice people all around great place to work. Good people positive atmosphere. Good training
Pros
pay
Cons
No intergrity, very poor HR personel, but they pay well.
welder (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 25, 2017
I worked there for 5 years and I was great for the first two years, then they moved to Hadley rd. Prisoners get more respect and treated better than they treat their employees. No integrity what so ever. If you like being miserable all day long go work at Brunswick and you will find it.
Pros
Get yearly bonuses as long as you are hired in
Cons
Short breaks, rude and insulant leadership, lasy HR
Fun group of people and laid back environment
Engine Install (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 1, 2017
Even though the place had perfect schedule for my life style the work load was very unorganized. You are scheduled five, eight hour days but there would not be enough work to get the full forty hours, then they would mandate Saturdays which ended up becoming straight time pay making up for the lost hours during the week.
Pros
hours, atmosphere, benefits.
Cons
poor planning
Great!
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMay 31, 2017
Hours were great and they worked well with each other. Really enjoyed working here when I was younger and I think the have great management. The people who came to this location were great to work with as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brunswick Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.