Brunswick Corporation

Brunswick Corporation Employer Reviews

I liked it
Technical Analyst (Current Employee), Muskegon, MINovember 6, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Overall a decent place to work. The people are great and it's fun. Some projects get sidelined based on corporate though.
Good breakroom
Manager (Former Employee), El Centro, CAOctober 12, 2014
Pros: great management
Cons: nothing
I learned to become a waiter and bartender and later was able to become the shift leader I became.
Great employees
General Manager (Former Employee), Naperville, ILOctober 6, 2014
I was the General Manager and had a great team that worked for me. We worked well together. We worked hard, but had time to have fun as well.
Good place for work/life balance, beware politics and lean staff
anonymous (Former Employee), anonymousSeptember 26, 2014
Good work/life balance. Good benefits. Too many politics. Staff is overburdened and roles are too broad. Not enough employee development.
cool work place
Boat Builder (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
ok work place you would have to be at work and not miss any days
I learned how to make boats
the hardest part was

good benefits
10 hour days
3 day weekend
fiberglass
people were great to work with
zone cicrle
Snack Bar Attendant bartender (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COAugust 5, 2014
Pros: love it all
Cons: no cons
I loved working there and would work there again I loved all the mangers and all the employese
Co workers were great to work with
(QA) Technician (Former Employee), Navassa NCAugust 1, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, great people
Cons: it had no air condition
Good place to work and provided a lot of jobs for Leland NC and surrounded areas. I loved working here we become like family with around 500 employees. I miss working here
Fun and exciting place to work
Counter Control (Current Employee), Augusta, GAJune 20, 2014
The job is fun and I enjoy working with the customers that come in. I also enjoy ensuring that they have a safe and fun time with their experience at the Bowling Center.
Horrible place to work, no opportunity for advancement
Front Counter Operator/Snackbar Attendant (Former Employee), Deerfield, ILJune 10, 2014
Pros: free billiards, discounted bowling
Cons: no breaks, manager knows nothing and expects you to do everything, favoritism was played alot
Management at this place is a joke. There was really nothing that I learned from this place. The only good look about working at Brunswick was that you got discounted bowling and billiards.
Loved my job and co--workers
Bookkeeper - League Service Recorder (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJune 4, 2014
Pros: reduced food prices and bowling for 25 cents a game
Cons: no breaks or lunches
Brunswick was always in chaos. You never knew what the corporate office would throw at you next. Including laying off all bookkeepers at al facilities in one day with no severance pay or warning. Communication between management and employees was non existent. I loved my work and I learned quite a bit. I liked my co-workers and tried to support them as best I could given the restrictions I was under.
Excellent Employer
General Manager - Brunswick Fair Lawn Lanes #103 (Former Employee), Fair Lawn, NJMay 12, 2014
Pros: excellent job advancement opportunities.
Team and family atmosphere throughout the company. Worked in multiple positions and always found necessary guidance and direction. Although company direction would at times change, they informed the employees what to expect and gave direction to their path. I miss working for them tremendously and hope to one day return.
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN PLACE TO WORK
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR/MANAGER (Former Employee), DeLand, FLMay 11, 2014
Pros: bennefits
START EARLY WORK LONG DAYS
4 DAYS PER WEEK
WEEKEND OFF
GOOD BENEFITS
MANAGEMENT GOOD
I would rather work at McDonalds
Server/Coordinator/ Everything (Former Employee), Colorado SpringsMay 4, 2014
Pros: 25 cent bowling, family fun center
Cons: no breaks, inconsistent scheduling, unfair rules, management is clueless
Not only does everyone there hate their job making the atmosphere terrible to work in, no one knows how to do there job correctly cause management doesn't care to actually train there employees. There was no room to ever move up cause they would always just hire new people. All together it was the worst job I have ever worked, the only reason to stay was for the awesome customers.
fast paced, challenging atmosphere.
Journeyman carpenter for Brunswick (Current Employee), Yucaipa, CAApril 22, 2014
Great company with interesting builds. always a different environment, very fast paced with many deadlines.
Great Company
Center Systems Manager/Business Analyst (Former Employee), Parker, COFebruary 26, 2014
All in all Brunswick is a GREAT company to work for. Their bowling operations are are well run and offer the cleanest facilities in the industry.
Do not apply here.
Pinsetter Technician (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJanuary 28, 2014
Cons: all
I worked here for 2 and a half months in a 3 month probationary period. I got laid off because they did not have enough money to keep me. It's alot of work for little pay. I pretty much was treated like a piece of garbage the whole time I worked there. If you like working long hours and getting treated like garbage apply here.
The worst corporate that have ever been made for workers, family, and bowling ally.
Bartender/Server (Former Employee), Lakeville, MNJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: food
Cons: read my review.
I wanted to be a bartender and they gave me a chance but overall it was the first horrible bartending job and the first horrible job I have ever dealt with in my entire life for a 23 year old. Coming from a low income family that lives on section 8 throughout his life, a passionate person that love helping people, and a person that did 5 years of volunteering, I had to walk out and it was unprofessionally. I do deserve the consequence but that's life. The only thing I learn from them is being an a hole to my co workers, and they're are times I was being at times because the stress from the management. The management is just ridiculously horrible. The kitchen manager and supervisor was the only the awesome manager in Lakeville. They're 3 nut head manager. One, is that guy office manager thinks he's the king because he deals with your paperwork. Two, is that assistant manager that will always be that guy even if you have a bad up morning, he will find another way to make it more worst than your mother funeral, and finally but least the general manager. That is such a 2 face and will talk so much smack behind your back to other co workers but not tell you what you're doing wrong at work in front of your face. He doesn't even wanna help the co workers to be a better workers. He just want the money. Here's the funny side of the corporate, they will hire a general manager that used to manage at other place but will not promote the assistant manager that work for them more than 5 years. It doesn't make sense, it really don't. I loved all my co workers from CSR and servers. We are the – more... angels in that hell hole. The hardest thing about the job? Not a thing. The most enjoyable part I love from working at Brunswick in Lakeville are the co workers I get along with, bartending, serving and making sure people feel they are welcome when they come in. I'm a type of person that want to make a frown turn upside down. Call me crazy just because the tattoos and piercings on me. I was born to serve others with my heart as nurses do. You can't have the negatives in your life because it will drag you down to dirt. That's why I decided to quit, accept the consequences. – less
Pay good, work interesting, treated like a dog.
Mushroom (Former Employee), Merritt IslandJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: pay, weather, interesting boats.
Cons: unfair atmosphere, backstabbing, power displays.
Cad work. If you are not a direct hire expect to be treated badly by all. Unless you kiss butt constantly, you are treated to power and control displays. Never a positive thing to say about what you produce, just constant demands for MORE MORE MORE.
The hours are brutal and required for most. No flexibility in schedule unless you are one of the chosen few who can do what they want.

1 2 3

About Brunswick Corporation

Brunswick's business is everyone else's free time. The company is a global manufacturer of marine, recreation, and fitness products. – Read more