Brunswick Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Ok place to work for
Snackbar Attendant & Party Hostess (Former Employee) –  CAFebruary 19, 2013
My beginning position was a snackbar attendant. As time passed they offered me more positions such as customer service and party hosting for more hours. I preferred party hosting over any of the jobs due to the interactions with children and the tips are always a plus. I once got $120 after hosting a 80+ people party. I would do it again in a heartbeat. It was an over all decent company to work for. It's more like a first job type of job to me. Management & supervision could have been better. I loved my manager & co workers but like most jobs, we had our days that we didn't get along. I would have quit a long time ago if it weren't for my co workers and the friendship I built with some of the regular bowlers and customers. They made working worth it and fun. The job was too strict for something so simple. For a biiig company, their pay is horrible!!! No benefits for part time workers either. Even if they worked more hour weekly than full time! Crazy right? But I'm not gonna knock them.
Pros
number 1 center out of all centers, 25c games, regular bowlers, amazing co workers
Cons
poor pay, scheduling conflicts, poor communication
racisim, discrimination, sexisim, herassment, favortisim.
assembler/past (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WINovember 21, 2015
Pay cap at 15 an hour in assembly for the rest of your life. If someone calls in, your forced to do their job plus your own job. Half the crew on lines call in all the time because being forced to to other peoples jobs. Management only cares about numbers and bonuses for themselves. Your not viewed as a person. The union sides with them always and don't care.no work stability, they constantly move you wherever they want. If you make a complaint to hr, your a liar and may as well start looking for a new job. A bunch of teenagers work there who play on phones and tablets all day resulting in poor quality of product, and constant horseplay of goofing off. No accountability at all. If john doe keeps making a mistake, everyone gets blamed because poor management. Floaters job description is to do nothing unless they feel like it. Job bids are fixed. If you win a bid and they want to keep you where your at, theyll cancelled your bid and repost it or wash you out and repost it. If you bid to a different shift, the supervisor will talk to other shift supervisor and cancelled your bid. If your harassed,and you report it, they will say prove it, and if you prove it, they still do nothing. Old people there are always making racial slurs.that can't keep any workers because when new people show up and see what's going on, they either quit, call in, or don't come back. And there's a lot of drug dealing going on in there in young people.
Pros
insurance
Cons
everything
Terrible corporation to work for!
Pinsetter Technician (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, AlJanuary 18, 2013
I worked for Brunswick located in Montgomery, Al. I would normally never take the time to write this review but, I feel people should know the truth. First of all, the opportunity for career advancement is a bold face lie. Brunswick promotes people from inside the company and ships them where they are needed. I worked for them for almost five years and was never given the training or recognition for a higher position. You receive no benefits unless you are a manager or higher. As I mentioned before, you will not get this position if you just applied with no former experience with Brunswick. They do not care about their employees and simply focus on how much money they are making. I went through jaw surgery recently and told them that I was to be on light duty. They chose to stick me on the hardest shift with absolutely no help. Management at my center was pretty much nonexistent. They will tell you what you want to hear and then completely ignore you afterwards. Sorry to make this review so long but if it helps at least one person to avoid the mistake of their life, it was well worth it.
Pros
50% off meals, 25 cent games for you and your immediate family
Cons
no breaks, low wages, do not care about their employees, no benefits for hourly employees, just to name a few
Good place for work/life balance, beware politics and lean staff
anonymous (Former Employee) –  anonymousSeptember 26, 2014
Good work/life balance. Good benefits. Too many politics. Staff is overburdened and roles are too broad. Not enough employee development.
Co workers were great to work with
(QA) Technician (Former Employee) –  Navassa NCAugust 1, 2014
Good place to work and provided a lot of jobs for Leland NC and surrounded areas. I loved working here we become like family with around 500 employees. I miss working here
Pros
pay, benefits, great people
Cons
it had no air condition
Stepping Stone
Bowling Counter Operator (Former Employee) –  Brunswick Zone AustellFebruary 7, 2012
A decent company (ethically) to work for. Do not expect a decent raise. The odds of advancement are very low.
Pros
free bowling, food discounts, regular customers
Cons
low pay, unlikely advancement
Productive and fun place to work
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR/MANAGER (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLMay 11, 2014
Start early work long days
4 Days per week
Weekend off
Good benefits
Management good
Pros
bennefits
na
Stall Chief/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Navassa, NCAugust 7, 2014
good benefits
10 hour days
3 day weekend
fiberglass
people were great to work with
Not that bad
Host children parties (Current Employee) –  KennesawAugust 26, 2015
This place isn't very bad to work at. There are things that can be better just like any job but i have worked here for 2.5 years and I'm still here. This place is easy for me to work at because i love working with people.
Pros
Dealing with the children
Cons
Scheduling
Sad to see this company sold
Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJuly 14, 2015
This was a great opportunity, we were all sad to see the acquisition. The entire marketing team (along with many others) were let go in favor of AMF's team.
Great place to wok
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2015
Unparalleled experience in regards to corporate communication. You get to meet and work with the industry's best! ...
Pros
free lunch, summer Fridays!
machine opreator
operator machine (Current Employee) –  fond du lac ,wiMay 26, 2015
it is good job and people are vary friendly there . we build engines and it is hard job , the mus enjoyable part of my job it is after we done from building small part and after we join them together correctly we see what we have made ruing in front of are eyes .
Pros
mercury marine
Cons
motor
Great place if you like to be slaved without the proper pay.
Gameroom attendant/ assistant supervisor (Former Employee) –  Homewood,IllinoisSeptember 25, 2012
Terrible place to work. Especially at the Homewood location. Management is extremely poor and there is hardly room for advancement. Only family members or league bowlers that know the managers get jobs and higher pay. Very corrupt society to work in.
Sport facility requiring constant machine maintenance and communication.
B Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Perry Hall, MDJune 1, 2015
A typical day at work for me typically begins with lane maintenance. I operate a machine that cleans and oils each lane. Once that is finished, I can begin machine maintenance on the 48 lanes we have. From day to day, I communicate with the employees up front to keep them informed of which machine I will be working on. When I am performing maintenance on a machine, I could be replacing a part, making adjustments, cleaning parts, or even lubricating pivot points. I work alone typically, but there are two other mechanics that work in the same facility at different times. We try to keep a record of work performed so any issues could be resolved quickly in the event that something goes wrong. It can be a stressful job on occasion due to high volume of business, but I do enjoy the feeling of getting a machine fixed and running again. I feel a sense of accomplishment and I know that customers will be happier that their machine will be running without issue. While working here, I have learned a lot of tricks to working with machines and tools. I have learned a small amount about electricity, plumbing, and even HVAC equipment. As a maintenance mechanic, the machines are not the only part of my job. If a monitor fails, it is my job to replace the board and ensure it works again. The same goes for snackbar, bathroom, and computer equipment. I have good relationships with some employees, but others bring unnecessary stress to the environment. I try to avoid the issues other bring and stick to what I am there to do, my job.
Pros
Flexible hours most of the time. Direct supervisor can be reasonable.
Cons
Management communication, Vacation hours, Lunch is not a break, Very stressful at times.
I would rather work at McDonalds
Server/Coordinator/ Everything (Former Employee) –  Colorado SpringsMay 4, 2014
Not only does everyone there hate their job making the atmosphere terrible to work in, no one knows how to do there job correctly cause management doesn't care to actually train there employees. There was no room to ever move up cause they would always just hire new people. All together it was the worst job I have ever worked, the only reason to stay was for the awesome customers.
Pros
25 cent bowling, family fun center
Cons
no breaks, inconsistent scheduling, unfair rules, management is clueless
Loved my job and co--workers
Bookkeeper - League Service Recorder (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 4, 2014
Brunswick was always in chaos. You never knew what the corporate office would throw at you next. Including laying off all bookkeepers at al facilities in one day with no severance pay or warning. Communication between management and employees was non existent. I loved my work and I learned quite a bit. I liked my co-workers and tried to support them as best I could given the restrictions I was under.
Pros
reduced food prices and bowling for 25 cents a game
Cons
no breaks or lunches
family friendly
Pc Technician (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MIJune 7, 2015
co-workers were great, manager was willing to help and teach. I loved the office staff and plant staff. Made the work day tolerable
Excellent Employer
General Manager - Brunswick Fair Lawn Lanes #103 (Former Employee) –  Fair Lawn, NJMay 12, 2014
Team and family atmosphere throughout the company. Worked in multiple positions and always found necessary guidance and direction. Although company direction would at times change, they informed the employees what to expect and gave direction to their path. I miss working for them tremendously and hope to one day return.
Pros
excellent job advancement opportunities.
WORST job i ever had!!!
lackey (Former Employee) –  LousyJob, USAJanuary 31, 2013
General manager felt like he was the only one who could do anything right. Extreme lack of training. Most employees tenured but worthless and thought they were better than you. Absolutely no fair-shake to try and succeed in your job. Many split shifts and no opportunity to learn anything. Anytime you thought you did something good, it went unnoticed. Absolutely no advancement possibilities at all!
Pros
customers always great!
Cons
everything else
Horrible place to work, no opportunity for advancement
Front Counter Operator/Snackbar Attendant (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILJune 10, 2014
Management at this place is a joke. There was really nothing that I learned from this place. The only good look about working at Brunswick was that you got discounted bowling and billiards.
Pros
free billiards, discounted bowling
Cons
no breaks, manager knows nothing and expects you to do everything, favoritism was played alot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brunswick Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9