Brunswick Corporation Employee Reviews

very nice pay
Final Finish (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 10, 2016
they offer lots of overtime. they will train you to do the job. very safe environment. very fast paced. I have learned lots.
Good Company. Great Benefits
Senior Logistics Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNNovember 1, 2016
Good company to work for with great benefits. A bit of an old school cover your backside middle management culture persists, however Senior management is very solid.
Productive fun place to work
Tube line Welder (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 27, 2016
not a bad place to work and learn. I think we build the best and badest pontoon boats on the planet. Great benefits package
Pros
Awesome coworkers
Cons
Never know what time your getting off
Great Company
Front-End Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 21, 2016
Getting onto the phones and greeting customers that would visit the center. Taking down messages and knowing promotions.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Work would sometimes become less vigourus.
Healthy working environment
Oracle DBA (Former Employee) –  Schiller Park, ILAugust 3, 2016
It was a good experience, colleagues are helpful , well informed and technically sound management , which care about you work-life balance. Supportive
Pros
Environment was good.
Cons
Limited room to grow.
Company was great
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLMay 19, 2016
Brunswick Bowling and Billiards was great.

Great benefits of 401K with matching and profit sharing.

The company helped develop me at a young age through the ranks in the company into a General Manager. They understood work/life balance and even helped fund my schooling with their tuition reimbursement program.
Fun workplace with bowling, pool room and a game room
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILMay 18, 2016
Busy bowling center. My job was to Increase group event and league bowling revenue. Best co-workers anyone can ask for. Poorly managed at time.
Pros
Discounted bowling, good benefits
Cons
Poorly managed
Micromanagers
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 12, 2016
It paid the bills, but unfortunately the ebb and flow of the business meant that the needs fluctuated from week to week and thus Saturdays came frequent.
Pros
Most employees were easy to work with
Cons
Management micromanaged everything
They will throw you under the bus without a second thought
inbound storekeeper/hilo driver (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MIMay 11, 2016
-The union is controlled by the company, when I was let go the union cut me a check for my union dues and deleted me off their records so that they didn't have to help me out; and miraculously every time a new union contract comes along and brunswick wants a change made they will have a union steward make the change in exchange for a cozy office job directly with the company.
-management and most of the trainers wont treat you like a human being.
-when it comes time to your last review and your not friends with the right people they will point blank tell you they lied on your review to get you out of there so that they don't have to give you a payraise.
-company brags once a month in a meeting to all their employees how they gross billions but then they go on to say that they cant afford to give their employees a cost of living raise
-management only cares about how much money they are getting and how they can promote their friends, no one else

bottom line - RUN AS FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY AS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Cons
horrible management, you get treated like dirt if your lucky
Palm coast they run you to the ground
Lead (Former Employee) –  Flagler County, FLMay 7, 2016
The paid is great . You cannot be late ,if you are late you will receive warning and then be written up. Its production if your parts not there . Well you better hurry up when part arrives your on a dead line. You are just a number here. Managers are the worst since its there the ones in the hot seat. There is a big turn around
Don't do it
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAApril 8, 2016
Your hard work and dedication mean nothing to them. they will use you for as long as they can before they throw you under the bus.
great employees but company views employees as expendable
bartender (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 5, 2016
Hires a lot of younger people who tend to call in a lot. This affected all aspects of the job and made us all work harder. When viewing something wrong and bringing it up to the district manager and general manager I was told to "keep my mouth shut" and that "eventually we will try to fix these problems, but may take a long time"
Pros
some good co-workers
Cons
poor treatment of employees and customers from management and the company
Treasurer
District Treasurer (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYFebruary 22, 2016
A typical day as a Treasurer was far from typical. I wore many hats at Brunswick CSD. I would assist accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, HR, and whatever else was needed of me. I would for the opportunity to discuss this in person via interview.
Pros
Great Employees
Cons
Lack off work life balance - Very little vacation time.
Fun and focused workplace
Warehouse Associate Decals Division (Former Employee) –  New York Mills, MNFebruary 15, 2016
Treat people like people respect you for your hard work promotions easily earned. Praise people for staying on task and focused.
Pros
good management
Cons
short break times
Good People and Good Environment
Engine Install (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 28, 2016
Brunswick had a good environment with some very good people. Everyone was very friendly and cooperative. Steady work pace most days, other days there was very little to do.
Pros
Good environment, good people, good wages.
Cons
Hours, up and down work pace
Shift Lead
Shift lead (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 23, 2016
Was good job but had no career advancement opportunities with management. I loved my co workers and the patrons that I was able to see two to three times a week. I did not like the low pay or the lack of career advancement that the company had to offer. I wanted to learn more but there was no "time available" to teach, because we were always in need and teaching new hires.
Pros
Dealing with angry customers and employees
Cons
Nothing except not having the chance to excel more.
Great Company to work for
Forecasting Analyst & SIOP Lead (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MIJanuary 14, 2016
This is the best company I have ever worked, they let you explore different opportunities at work. Great work culture, supportive staff.
It was fun in beginning but has gone down hill since.
Shift Leader/Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 6, 2016
My typical day would get to work and count all finances through the business day for the company. Look over the over/short for the day before and verify lost preventions. I learned to be an officiant worker and help other when need. Also able to step up when need to take care of a problem within the company and solve the issue. The hardest part of the job was to be able to take the management role when general manager issue me my position. Made it a little difficult for the first few days then it got easier as the days went by. Most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with the customers that came in there and got to know then person to have there time more enjoyable at Brunswick.
Pros
Hours, flex time
Cons
not enough staff, GM not there when things occur.
not terrible, but not good
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  flagler beach floridaDecember 4, 2015
quantity not quality. company doesn't care for the employees at all. human resources are terrible and extremely one sided, and very poorly handled. hours start early and your days will end late. they claim to work 4 ten hour days a week, in the entire time i was there didn't see less than 5 ten hour days, and a lot of 6 day 60 hour minimum work weeks. overtime is MANDATORY. don't like it they will fire and replace you without notice.
Pros
Cons
30 minute lunch for a 10-12hour day.
Stay away from Brunswick
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILNovember 23, 2015
This is not a place you work if you want to advance unless you know someone. No work/life balance, managers are worthless, and mine would throw her own employees under bus in a heartbeat!
Management consists of a bunch of over grown men that are only worried about their own pocket.
Pros
None - since you can be fired just because your boss does not like you
Cons
Good Old Boys Club

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brunswick Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9