Bryan Cave LLP Employee Reviews

Culture of the company changed!
Legal Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 27, 2017
The culture of the company changed and the firm became an unpleasant place to work. They were no longer concerned with the employee, but the bigger picture-making money. No job growth and potential of employees not realized,
Pros
Cons
It's a job.
Good firm to work for
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 22, 2017
Bryan Cave is a good firm to work for. The compensation and benefits are probably among the highest in the St. Louis area. Deadlines at times can be an issue, but for the most part can be easily managed.
Pros
Very good compensation and benefits
Cons
Large firm culture
Bryan Cave LLP is an outstanding firm.
Deskside Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJuly 1, 2015
Bryan Cave is a forward thinking firm. Very diverse and invites new ideas supported by an outstanding group of professional individuals. My typical day involved IT support for attorneys and staff, all of which appreciated the technological experience I brought to the table. Management is top-notch and allows individuals to expand their knowledge-base and share ideas to better the work-flow of a typical day.
Pros
Positive working environment; invites new ideas and technologies to better the firm.
Cons
None come to mind.
Good place for entry level career
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 7, 2015
Most staff members are nice with a professional demeanor. Management is not as strict which leaves room for error. Depending on your department, if you are a hard worker, you may pick up the slack of other workers.
Pros
Great vaction packages
Cons
Very little room for advancement
I enjoyed working at Bryan Cave a great staff to work for
MIS Assistant\Floor Support (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 25, 2014
Bryan Cave was awesome. A great place to work for. Typical day was servicing employees needs and other duties as needed
Pros
Liked the work environment
Just A Job
Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 9, 2014
Attorneys were great!
Co-Workers were great!
Both Recruiting Managers are horrible!
HR Manager was no help at all!
Pros
Great Location, Chef on Site, Rejuvenation Room
Cons
Recruiting Management & HR Manager
A great place to work at
Event and Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 12, 2014
When I first started working at Bryan Cave, I loved the people and the job. When the economy tanked their were massive layoffs and the work environment changed. The employee morale declined and the compensation suffered. However, I have very fond memories of Bryan Cave and credit them for my knowledge of business practices and the standard I comport myself in the workplace.
Pros
Represents the standard for global law firms
Cons
conservative work environment
International Law Firm
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 9, 2014
While employed at the firm, I was responsible for general administrative duties, time entry, prepared correspondence and legal documents for bankruptcy, real estate transactions, environmental law and business litigation; general office procedures.
Pros
Comprehensive Benefit Package
Cons
Limited Flexibility in working hours
Interesting
Conference Room Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA.April 28, 2014
A typical work day would consist of clearing and refreshing conference rooms, interacting with clients, co-workers and Management. Always going above and beyond to make sure the clients' and Attorneys' are satisfied with their request per each conference setting.

The hardest part of this job is making sure every task is completed in a thorough manner. Multitasking is a must for this particular position.

The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to interact with various clients. It's surprisingly comforting how much you can have in common with someone who you think is of a higher authority and or level than yourself.

The most important aspect of this job is being able to get along with your peers. We all get along very well and it makes the environment job much more pleasant to work in.
Pros
Free lunches from time to time
Cons
Healthcare and advancement
A great firm that cares about its employees. Excellent benefits, talented colleagues.
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  St Louis MOMarch 10, 2014
Had the ability to work independently and colleagues were open to suggestions. Teamwork was encouraged. Depending on the department needs, hours could be flexible. It was possible to work from home-beneficial, especially with the recent inclement weather. Support staff was easily accessible and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the final product or successful outcome and knowing I was a part of the team that made it happen.
Pros
Great people working together; quality work assignments.
Cons
N/a
Large law firm with great people
Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 18, 2014
Issued and updated access cards
Contacted vendors for repairs/supplies
Code invoices for accounting
Created spreadsheets in Excel
Tracked catering events in Outlook
Filled in for the receptionists when needed
Pros
Generous PTO, great people
Cons
36.25 work week
It's a family base firm with great employees
Senior Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 11, 2013
My day is pretty busy every day. It a demanding position and allot people count on production at it's highest level. My firm support higher learning by given classes and training on new software and upgrades. Management supports our department goals and advancements. My co-working work as a team to complete assignments and daily work request. My job is not hard do to the system and procedures we have in place. It brings me happiness to complete assignments that help our attorney's win cases.
My team made even mundane tasks worth perfecting
Marketing - Data Steward (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 9, 2013
I worked as part of a team to help attorneys on many different levels. The scope of my job was far more diverse than my title suggests. Being able to work outside of my job description made the job worthwhile. I was able to gain a lot of experience instead of being boxed in by a title.

My first priority was record keeping for the team and for local and national firm contacts. I was involved in extensive research for CRM, eMarketing, and other research tools. In addition to this basic directive, I had experience with:

- Market/industry research
- Writing (PR - online and print)
- Event management
- Routine website updates
- Award submissions coordination across 3 offices
Pros
The people I worked with were great
Cons
I had an office with no windows on a quiet floor
Flexible and decent salary
Senior Manager of Visual Communications (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 14, 2013
I enjoyed the people I worked with and it's a fairly relaxed atmosphere for a law firm.
A quality global corporate law firm
Development role (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 11, 2013
Bryan Cave has grown from a St. Louis based firm into a recognizable national and international player among major corporate law firms. The caliber and quality of lawyers is very spotty across offices once you get outside of St. Louis, but that's because the firm isn't a hi-profile brand in any of its other markets outside of Missouri. Hi quality people, a good culture, a firm of ladies and gentleman. Some outstanding law practices and lawyers in certain niches.
Pros
Quality law firm with a quality culture
Cons
A few self-important puffy chested "leaders" in St. Louis, watered down attorney base outside of MO
great company; great people
Corporate Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 6, 2013
Excellent law firm; fun place to work; compassionate staff
Pros
superb management staff
Not good
Grunt (Former Employee) –  PHOENIXApril 10, 2013
The Phoenix office used to be a great place to work. It is now the worst place I've ever worked. Not enough staff, clueless management and a terrible managing partner.
Pros
good salary
Cons
everything else
Most enjoyable experience I have had
Web/Graphics Designer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 21, 2012
Working at Bryan Cave has been a tremendous growing period for me. I became more comfortable working with graphic and web software and built strong relationships with my team. The position provides me with a wonderful creative outlet and a chance to improve my skills. I interact with people from different backgrounds and cultures both domestic and international. Short timelines can be difficult to manage at times but the job is very rewarding.
Entry level associate with broad levels of responsibility for case management and discovery procedures.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 11, 2012
Overall good firm with strong mentorship and adequate integrity regarding life and work balance.
Great Location and Environment
Senior Real Estate Paralegal (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2012
Projects were challenging and interesting. Varied from day to day. Not the friendliest group of attorneys, but the few that were are worth knowing. The Paralegals and Secretaries were all worth knowing and a pleasure to work with.
Pros
travel and firm outings. great office space
Cons
communication.