Bryan ISD Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
A well collaborative professional work place.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXAugust 3, 2017
A great district for new teachers. Well run and much support. I am a 19 year teacher would like to teach 6 more years there and retire.

Taught eighth grade math. The over all work environment and interaction with peers was satisfying.

Well run organization.
Pros
Quality personal.
Cons
Wife wanted me to go earn a bit more on salary.....bad move.
Rewarding Career
Public School Teacher and Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXJuly 28, 2017
Bryan ISD is focused on growth for all members in the organization, with a focus on our customer, the children and their families. Working with students, parents, teachers and the wider community is rewarding. If being a person that makes a difference is your goal, then this is the career for you.
Pros
Strong Team, Vision and Mission, Benefits, Working with Children
Cons
Time Intensive
School District
Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TX 77803April 25, 2017
Mid size district, covers a large area with a wide variety of programs available to students. Two high schools and a large number of elementary and middle school campuses
Good for part time
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXApril 10, 2017
Kids can be very rowdy but not all classes are that way. Staff is very prepared to help out if you find yourself in trouble as well. Overall a very rewarding experience.
Productive and Caring Workplace
STAAR Tutor (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXMarch 28, 2017
Bryan ISD is full of loving and supportive teachers and staff. I truly blossomed working with teachers and students. Not only did the students learn under my lessons, but I learned too. I am very pleased to have experience at this district.
District is realigning and I hope it improves morale.
Technology Support Center (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXMarch 27, 2017
District is realigning and I hope it improves morale. BISD does take it"s examples from other successful school districts, so there is a great opportunity for them to improve and grow.
Pros
Great Healthcare!
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Depends on the principal
Bilingual Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXMarch 9, 2017
There are some excellent principals at Bryan ISD. Hopefully, you will get the right one who will encourage you to do your job, instead of deflating your every effort
Education
Physical Ed. Teacher asst (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXFebruary 15, 2017
I was a assistant to a Physical Education Teacher and enjoyed working with the children daily. It was also nice to make the children smile. Just knowing that made me smile.
I really loved this job& the people
kitchen (Former Employee) –  Bryan,texasOctober 18, 2016
I loved my job here& it was sad to leave. I'm taking alot of great memories . The only sown side was that sometimes we were understaffed, the pay isn't enough to support a family& turnover was high.
Pros
lunch & uniforms provided
Cons
understaffed sometime
Great place to work!
School Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXAugust 18, 2016
I loved my job as a school nurse with Bryan ISD and only left because my family moved away. The district is friendly and supportive. The benefits are fantastic. I would recommend this employer to anyone.
Pros
Excellent benefits, friendly environment
Cons
pay scale
Teacher Coach
Teacher/Coach (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXJuly 11, 2016
I taught 3 classes a day and coached Baseball and Football. I taught 6 fitness conditioning and 6 economics classes each semester.
this is a great great job for a mom with young kids
Cafeteria Manager (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXAugust 4, 2015
the job is good if your in need of insurance and a job while you have kids in school, the work environment is a good one and the management staff is great.
Pros
the hours are great and you get paid year rounf
Cons
the pay is not enough for a single person to live on with out havimg to work a second job
Friendly co-workers
Substitute and Temporary Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXJune 2, 2015
Most co-workers are willing to help out. I would go into work at 7 and start calling substitutes and looking for good applicants for substituting. Orientation for all new employees once a week.
Life Long Lesson in Teaching
Elementary Dual Language Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ben Milam ElementaryApril 14, 2015
Plan a program of study in Spanish and English that meets the needs, interests, and abilities of students; establish objectives for all lessons, unit projects, and communicate objectives to students; employ a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media. Assess the accomplishments of students and provide progress reports; observe students for possible learning disabilities and refer to specialists as needed; maintain accurate, complete, and current records as required by district policies and procedures. Attend staff meetings and meet with students and parents as required.
A convenient PRN job as a college student.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TexasFebruary 2, 2015
Substitute teach in Elementary grade classrooms as my full load of college course hours would allow. It was convenient to substitute teach on days that I did not have a college class.
Bisd daily work
Head Custodian (Current Employee) –  TXMarch 27, 2014
Start my day at 6:30am unlock doors and check all the building make sure everything is good before any of the kids get here. I enjoy all my co-workers as they help me out through out the day. The hardest part of this job is that they don't have enough people to help sub when someone calls in or retires from the job. That puts more work on the people left behind to do the job of two people at the same pay. The only thing I enjoy about my job is the staff and the kids at my campus that I see everyday. The kids always seem to put a smile on anyone's face that is not feeling well or has a bad day they will bring a smile to your day.
Great hours with poor pay
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXAugust 6, 2013
Hours are great for having school-aged children. Pay is very low. Benefits are good.
Pros
Summer and holidays OFF!!!
Cons
Pay
Typical School District
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXJuly 11, 2013
As a substitute teacher my experience was typical. The students could be challenging.
Great place to raise a family
Classroom Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TxJune 4, 2013
I have really enjoyed working in a position where I can be with my children and have the same holidays as them.
Valuable Communication
Performing Art Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXApril 22, 2013
The company is a basic school district with day to day operations in educating the children of our community. I have learned patience, management, and the ability to work with all levels of learning. I have worked with some of the most creative people thru the Fine Arts Departments. The hardest part of the job is knowing that you can not do it all. The most enjoyable part is knowing you have touched the lives of others.
Pros
the people i work with.
Cons
not enough time in the day.