Bryant & Stratton College Employee Reviews

Teachable
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VASeptember 16, 2016
This school was great! My academic adviser was available when I needed them as well. I have been going to Bryant and Stratton for two years,will graduate in 2017 with a degree in Medical.this college has been nothing but fun and exciting. The instructors have been extremely helpful and challenge the students to the fullest. Just like any college some classes are easier that others but you get out what you put in. As well, I work here for two years, under the FWs Program through government. I love coming to work everyday because I enjoy my work environment. I feel like I accomplished something here daily. I enjoy helping my fellow students,with things like find materials for their papers and help studies for exams. I like when we're super blast busy. A typical day is busy, requiring me to become a great motivator for my fellow students and co- workers.
Pros
Busy, serious vibe.
Cons
slow days
Great Bosses
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHAugust 28, 2016
Great bosses who are very supportive of the staff. Depending on the campus, the students offer a very diverse level of expectations. Co-workers are helpful and willing to assist in any way possible.
Pros
Great support system, ongoing update education
Cons
Low end of the pay scale
Liverpool , New York Campus
Insurance Instructor (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYAugust 27, 2016
The Liverpool campus is an excellent teaching facility , technical support staff is professional and responsive to the instructor needs and very well organized .
Professional Development Services Director is not responsive to the instructor needs and is lacking in business ethics .
Inasmuch as I enjoyed working with support staff , students and other advisors/ instructors the campus lacks business leadership .
Student enrollment is insufficient .
Pros
Great facility, good location, professional support staff .
Cons
Campus Director of Professional Development lacks professionalism and good business ethics .
Stay away
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 3, 2016
The WNY market of Bryant & Stratton College may be the most unethical, unprofessional, and down right disrespectful group of upper management I have ever encountered. They feel that not speaking to an employee, yes the silent treatment is an effective means to let you know where you stand. HR is an absolute joke, no complaints are followed up on unless they fear a law suit.
Pros
None, and I mean none
Cons
Pay, schedule, benefits, advancement opportunity, management, and expect to have your moral compass completely challenged
Productive and fun place to work
Circulation Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 25, 2016
Although I was a work study, I was treated like all other employees and the encouragement given to me I passed on to my peers while working in the library. It was always a fun relaxed work environment and I was often asked to pick up extra shifts which I did not mind.
Fun as a student
Assist students and faculty (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJuly 24, 2016
I was a work study. I worked in the library and basically help students and staff with any needs that they had. Was a very easy job. . .
The budget rules, but not in your favor
Full Time Instructor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 30, 2016
Like most colleges and universities, this higher education institution destabilizes faculty for the sake of preserving budget dollars to pay administrators. Budget cuts come at the expense of the providers of core services.
Pros
Some programs are effective for getting students in a career.
Cons
Random budget cuts at the expense of non-administrative staff
Productive and Fun workplace.
Professor (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAJune 24, 2016
Great place to work! Clean environment. Organizational leaders are approachable and professional.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the culture. Managers show concern for their employees and show their appreciation often through events. In addition, to actually conveying it to them verbally.
( Public Praise, is super-awesome) !!!
Pros
Friendly Staff.
Cons
N/A
Productive and a fun place to work.
Administrative Assistant Work-Study (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 24, 2016
I love working in the faculty office of my College. I would come in collect and file the attendance sheets the staff handed in. I would perform certain task for staff members, such as make a spreadsheet for them or table on a word document. I would also help set up activities the the faculty was having for the students.
unprofessional
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJune 8, 2016
very unorganized people. I had to go to the head boss quite a few times because the managers didn't take the issue very seriously . wouldn't recommend anyone attend school or work there. they have inside relationships which cause controversy within.
Dedicated staff committed to personalized education
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 6, 2016
The staff are clearly committed to educate and train students with the skills needed by today's employers and standards while providing personalized attention.
Great place to work espeacilly since I attend school there.
Administrative College Work (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 31, 2016
I enjoy working at Bryant & Stratton they make it easy for me to go to school and work at the same time. It makes my life a little easier to be able to do that.
Pros
I go to school there.
Loved that job.
Office Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 30, 2016
A day at work for me would be one that is fun, demanding, high-pace, and a company that allows an employee to grow.

My co-workers would all love working together and work well together.

The hardest part of my day at my ideal job would be going home.
Fun, Loving, Naturing environment !
Child Care Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 9, 2016
Daily task are to create, teach, and construct students to understand curriculum. Assist with homework, studies and classwork. Formulate a Fun and Discipline environment. Management is wonderful and a pleasure to work with. Co-workers were helpful and team-supportive. The hardest part is your school grades affect your schedule hours and position. the most enjoyable are teaching and interacting with the little ones.
Pros
school priority first, easy-going, fun
Cons
grades affect scheduled hours and position.
Great Small Company Setting
Campus Director (Current Employee) –  Glendale, WIApril 13, 2016
Bryant & Stratton College operates somewhat like a family owned business. The associates have tight relationship and believe in the direction of the college. The only shortcoming I see is sometimes the tight relationships make it difficult to have candid conversations.
Very upbeat environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYApril 8, 2016
Typical day at work for me was answering calls for potential students who were interested in online courses. I learned a lot about the difference as far as pros and cons for online and in class room classes. Management was great. The hardest part of my job was trying to reach so many people on a daily basis.
Fun workplace
Weekend Receptionist/Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Glendale, WIMarch 24, 2016
This company was great to work for as a federal work study student, but after graduating I no longer held the front desk seasonal position.
Pros
environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Good coworkers, bad management & compensation
Administrative (Former Employee) –  WisconsinMarch 7, 2016
Good work/life balance, as i'm rarely pressured to work OT and scheduling is very flexible based on my needs and department. Coworkers get a long well and department manager's are fairly relaxed, this creates a laid back office environment . The company tries to hire from within, and definitely gives the benefit to internal candidates when at all possible, this is mainly due to lack of advancement opportunities or monetary compensation increases though. However, the starting pay rate is higher than the higher education industry average.

There is major lack of incentive to achieve goals and further the company as a whole. As long as i've been employed, every year is a base 2% increase in compensation yearly, and this percentage is based on annual salary not hourly rate regardless of performance! This creates and environment that supports doing the minimum, as compensation is the same whether you bust your butt or barely get by and management rarely acknowledges good doing and NEVER gives company bonuses. On campus management is so focused on admissions that all other departments are ignored for the most part and not rewarded with lunches or company acknowledgement.This is even more discouraging because Bryant & Stratton's admission's team does not go out in the community and recruit, but rely simply on marketing and word of mouth. This results in the department getting the most praise despite other departments viewing them as doing minimum work. Also, head management is based out of New York, and they do not understand what it is like to be a campus based employee. They often
  more... set goals and create procedures that are not conducive to success or practical

I would recommend Bryant & Stratton as a entry-level career stop, but not somewhere I would plan on building my career for a long period of time. Enrollment's have been headed on a downward trend lately, and corporate management is only getting more stingy with budgets.
Working for my school..
Federal Work Study (Current Employee) –  Henrietta, NYMarch 7, 2016
I enjoy sitting in the student services office and getting to socialize with the co-workers at times when it's not busy.
Pros
Everyone is very kind and welcoming. They always try to help when needed.
Cons
The traffic slows down after awhile so there is nothing to do.
WOrk Place
Student Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 23, 2016
B&S College is a wonderful place to foster educational values and work place professionalism with urban students. There is a lot of enjoyment to be had when working with students.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bryant & Stratton College. Our community is ready to answer.

Bryant & Stratton College Reviews by Location