Bryant & Stratton College Employee Reviews

Great Place
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 10, 2017
Working in the kids area was a great. Learning about how kids learn and grow. Kids will test your patience and that is something that you learn when working here.
Fun
Work Study Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 4, 2017
Typical day way around 12 rooms per person, Laundry was usually ready for use to take in the morning. People here are very nice. most everyone was willing to help out when short staffed
Focused on student success
Program Director (Current Employee) –  NYAugust 1, 2017
Focused on student success and commitment to student persistence to graduation. The company is a little fragmented in organization. This has been improving over time.
Good school
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHJuly 27, 2017
I recommend them as a school, but they do not pay well. The people are very friendly and provide much help to the students. Terrible benefits and pay.
Student worker
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 25, 2017
working in this company was a great experience in every way. I met very nice people. I would work with other students to complete their Financial Aid applications.
Library Aide/Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Eastlake, OHJuly 18, 2017
By working where I was going to school, I was able to get any help that was needed while writing papers and doing homework. It enabled me to get to know my fellow classmates as well as everyone else that attended to school.
Fine adjunct job, but not focused on real education
Adjunct Communications Instructor Online (Current Employee) –  onlineJuly 11, 2017
This is a pretty easy job. The curriculum is already designed and the requirements are clearly spelled out for you as an instructor. Pay is OK, but for the work it is fine.
Pros
Some Money
Cons
Not a lot of money.
Administrative Receptionist
Administrative Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 7, 2017
A typical day at work would be me opening up the front lobby area at 8:00.am cutting on all of the T.Vs, positing the mail etc. At about 830 the phones usually start ringing and students start entering the building roughly around 845 and the staff start coming in at 9am. After the staff comes in and they have appointments schedule I greet the potential students, give them paper work to fill out, create student ID numbers, and process the student folders.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
Great place to grow
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 6, 2017
This is a great place to work. The college offers a variety of opportunities for growth. They promote within and are very diligent in promoting personal growth.
Culture Shift
Employee (Current Employee) –  Cleveland MarketJuly 5, 2017
With recent changes to senior management and market management, the culture of this school has changed drastically. Hope this is something that is temporary and the morale will become boosted once again.

Want to know more about Bryant & Stratton College?

Ask a question
wonderful work experience
IT Work Study (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHJune 23, 2017
As part of the work study program I worked along side the IT Manager. Maintaining all computer systems, and installing new programs for multiple locations. Regularly worked the help desk, answering phone and personally guiding student and faculty through usage of the schools system. Was one of my best jobs I have ever had. Management was encouraging and low key giving employees the freedom to learn everything they waited to learn to fulfill the career goals.
Pros
work experience
Cons
I have none
great way to gain experience
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Glendale, WIJune 21, 2017
I enjoyed my time (for the most part) at BSC. I learned a lot about my myself and I'm grateful for that. It seems as though everybody there is only looking out for themselves, though. They talk like everybody's on a team, but are quick to throw you under the bus to cover themselves.
Pros
good pay, great PTO and health benefits
Cons
sales driven, management, communication for higher management, advancement opportunities
Work Study
Clerical Support - Business Office (Work Study) (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 16, 2017
I would have liked to have been taught more as a work study than what they did. I was studying for a business degree and the work study position mainly had me sorting papers
College Admission Life
High School Admissions Presenter/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 13, 2017
Making numerous outbound calls per day. Setting up workshop presentations. Generating leads. Continuous relationship building.Workplace culture is not good. No career pathing if you wish to move up.
Wonderful place to work
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 2, 2017
Bryant Stratton was a wonderful place to work. by far the best job I ever had. Staff is friendly, Managers are compassionate, which makes a easy happy work environment.
Pros
Friendly
Productive job, with exciting new and different people
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 31, 2017
(A typical day at his College)
Was fast pace, slow pace, exciting, staying on your toes, depending on the time of the day, and the day of the week. It is a friendly College, and there is help everywhere.

(I learned)
How to use the computer, I learned how to do Excel, Power Point, Word, how to do Labels, Spreadsheets, Answer phones, take messages, transfer calls, make copies, fax, scan, how to be professional. and how to just relax and do my job.

(The Management)
At this College was amazing. If you needed anything or any help the management was around and there to help always.

(The workplace culture)
It was amazing, I got to see different attitudes, different group of people, and I got to share special moments with different people.

The hardest part of the job was leaving! and doing work for other people that were not my boss.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people, learning new things, and the money.
Pros
Free lunches, Festivites, Rewards
Cons
long breaks, Certificates, Acommandations
I love my job and the people I work with everyday.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 28, 2017
A typical day at work involves helping students either get the documents they require, or find somebody who can help them. I am not just a receptionist I also help in the academics department during the week, I usually am just a receptionist on the weekends. I mostly enjoy how much I'm helping people and how busy I am. I don't like sitting still while working, and this job keeps me very busy! Everybody I work with is extremely helpful towards me if I have any questions, or am confused on what to do for a student.
Pros
I am getting real workplace experience.
Encouraging higher education
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 25, 2017
Your typical day at Bryant & Stratton College as an Admissions Representative consists of you coming in meeting with you manager and team and going over prior day and current day activities.
I had so much fun
Tutor/Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 20, 2017
I learned a lot at Bryant & Stratton College. I get to be a a Residential Assistant have my own room for free and a tutor. I helped student to achieve in their classes, created activities for them in the resident hall as well as keep them protected.
Pros
Free Housing and still get pay every two weeks
Cons
I had to pay for lunch
Motivational Environment
Syracuse Market Technology Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 20, 2017
Working within an educational environment you get the chance to help other develop the skill sets needed to be successful. Motivating you to further develop and apply these practices to work and everyday life.