Bryant Miller Olive has an excellent opportunity for a career focused IT Systems and Support Specialist in their Tallahassee office. In this role you must possess a strong understanding of Network Topologies, Microsoft Operating Systems and Applications, as well as be proficient with providing help desk end-user support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Available to consult on technology issues and/or travel to remote office locations on an as needed basis to maintain optimal network and system performance.
- Hands on administration of servers, computer hardware/equipment, wide area network (WAN) and local area network (LAN) operations.
- Provide application recommendations, testing, installs, configuration, support, and problem resolution.
- Coordinate installation of new hardware and applications and monitors the system operations to meet performance needs.
- Maintain various records and documentation for the information systems and equipment inventories; write /prepare status reports as needed by the IT Manager.
- Effectively coordinate, prioritize, and manage technical support issues and needs, balancing the technology demands of all office locations; making solution recommendations to employees for practical and long term technical problem resolutions.
- Make contact with employees to identify and obtain appropriate resources for resolutions of complex problems; correct routine problems by making repairs to computer equipment and/or system servers; contact appropriate resources for additional assistance as needed.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) in management information systems, computer science or related field from a four-year college or university.
- Two-plus year’s relevant technology training and help desk experience.
- IT industry recognized certification would be an advantage, such as (CCNA) Cisco Certified Network Associate, (MCITP) Microsoft Certified IT Professional, (MCTS) Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist, CompTia A+ Computer Technician, or CompTia Network+ Technician.
- Superior communication skills sets and the ability to work with all levels users.
- Superior independent judgment and project management.
- Ability to lift and move computer equipment.
Comprehensive Benefits Package: includes, but is not limited to, employer-paid health, vision, dental, life, long-term disability, long-term care insurance; flexible spending accounts; 401(k) plan with employer-match; paid parking; generous PTO (paid time off) plan; paid holidays; business-casual work environment.
Please forward your COVER LETTER with SALARY REQUIRMENTS and RESUME in Word format or PDF. If your qualifications meet our needs, we will contact you directly. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse work force.