Brynn Marr Hospital Employee Reviews

Brynn Marr Hospital
Recreational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCApril 24, 2017
Lack of communication between staff, documentation of patients completed daily, work closely with social workers and therapists. completed agency required documentation of patients.
A lot of behaviors
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCApril 18, 2017
In this job, there is a lot of behaviors and not a lot of psych. The management is very shady and does not care about its employees. They treat employees as they are replaceable.
Not for everyone
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCApril 11, 2017
If you are the kind of person who doesn't handle confrontation well, gets nervous in high stress situations, or is easily made uncomfortable, this job isn't for you. It can be very challenging at times but is overall rewarding. It is 12 hour shifts, 3 days a week. I currently work night shift and only work with patients for about 2 to 3 hours before they go to bed. Just the short time I work with them when I get here is enough to make me want to start smoking cigarettes. All your work is done around 1 am and you sit in a chair in the hallway for the rest of the night doing scheduled checks. It can get very boring and the night takes forever to go by. I have grown considerably as a healthcare professional in the short time I have worked here. For the right person, this could be a very rewarding job.
Pros
Free meals, good management, great benefits
Cons
High stress environment, long hours
Excellent Facility and Quality staff
Mental Health Worker I (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCApril 6, 2017
Overall, I had a great experience at Brynn Marr Hospital. I grew in every area of my career, from dealing with many different diagnoses on the front lines with patients to seeing how the whole system of Mental Health works. My support from co-workers was like no place I've ever worked before. My boss was amazing as well. He took the time to not only meet my needs but often came out to the floor and interacted with patients, to include when we had Codes. Overall I would definitely recommend this hospital to anyone looking for a quality place of employment.
Pros
Co-workers, Management, Benefits
Cons
12 hour shifts, Raises
great place
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMarch 10, 2017
I like working here. A typical day at work consists of answering and screening phone calls to ensure they are going to the right people, helping patients check into and out of the hospital, making sure all the correct paperwork is going to the right places, and much more. I am the first face that people see when they walk in the door. The people I work with are all very nice and helpful. I do not think there is a hard part of my job but the most enjoyable part of my job is the people and the atmosphere.
high experience opportunity
Director ADMISSIONS/UR/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMarch 6, 2017
I worked for BMH for 12 years and during my employment I maintain multiple positions. I found my employment with BMH the best experience professionally. I began as a unit mental health worker and left as a Director of three different departments. It was an employment that offered much growth and development. The management team was encouraging and open to personal growth.
Pros
experience and support
Cons
New management
Passionate workers
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCFebruary 15, 2017
The job was enjoyable due to my passion for the field. It is not for those who are easily scared or unsure of their job. You have to have both the heart and the stern hand. Management had its moments like all places do, however it was a ok environment to work in
Long Hours
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCFebruary 4, 2017
Hospital felt like a prison. No real structure. No discipline of patients. Patients super aggressive and hostile. Get free breakfast, lunch, and dinner if you eat in 15 minutes.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long hours, unsafe environment
Paperwork over people work. Unsupportive management.
Care Coordinator/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCFebruary 1, 2017
The ratio of Care Coordinators to patients is not balanced with the amount of paperwork that has to be done per client. Paperwork and client work cannot be completed within an eight hour day. Worked a minimum of 10 hour days on salary.
A supportive group of co-workers and staff.
Pros
co-workers and experience with mulitiple area's of mental health
Cons
unblanced work load
poor communication,rewarding job
Therapeutic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCDecember 6, 2016
the job itself is rewarding and worth what goes on through the company. unfortunately poor communication, and lack of enforcing employee guidelines makes it difficult to follow through with your job

Want to know more about Brynn Marr Hospital?

Ask a question
Fun and productive place to work
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCOctober 16, 2016
Work hours were from 7:00am to 8:00pm. I made sure the clients were up for school and prompted them to complete their hygiene, to eat breakfast , and to get dressed. This was a strict level 4 locked down facility so school was on another floor in the hospital. We walked them to class and sat in as a guide and assisted with school work and deterred behaviors. The staff were very team oriented and professional. The hardest part of the job was not being ale to get through to clients on some days, but the most enjoyable part was being able to do community outings with our residents.
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch and dinner
Cons
Long work hours
poor management
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 13, 2016
Poor support from administration. Hard job, requires a lot of patience and understanding. Sometimes can be very rewarding.
Unorganized/ Lack of Leadership
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJune 7, 2016
The schedule is always made in the morning before you clock in. You may be working in one unit, but if another coworker complains long enough; you would be move to keep some one else happy and have to clean up their mess. Let there be an incident where you were took part of, and your coworkers/ supervisors would have no problem tossing you the blame.
Pros
nothing
Cons
over worked, not enough pay and no job security
Too many expectations
Care Coordinator/Therapist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCFebruary 3, 2016
Understaffed, even when "fully staffed." Must fill dual roles and work 50 hrs/week to barely keep up. Case loads are too large, especially considering the quick turnover on the acute units and adding facilitating multiple groups per week (5-7 usually, with 10-20 patients per group). A LOT of documentation, and no electronic medical records which makes it extremely inefficient.
very stressful and felt more like a secretary than a nurse
rn nurse (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCNovember 16, 2015
no teamwork, no nursing environment except to administer medications, no help provided by managerial, staff, no job security, very hostile and violent environment.
Do not work here!!!
Mental health tech (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville NCAugust 20, 2014
This is not a PSYCH hospital in the least! We do not help any of the patients. The patients are all aggressive and belong in jail. Patients degrade and beat staff and the staff have zero rights and cannot do anything to stop the abuse. Our management does not support any of us and it shows greatly. It's absolute chaos and completely unorganized. They staff sparingly, risking safety of patients and staff. They only want money, they do not care about their staff in the least.
Pros
Some of the employees are good
Good team work
LPN (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 31, 2014
I enjoy working for Brynn Marr and making a difference. With the current management I feel supported and appreciated. My co-workers are like family and I always feel like they have my back. The hardest part of my job is seeing a fragile patients, but the most enjoyable part is seeing these patients get better. I have learned patience. I feel this job has made me a more compassionate nurse. I float around to different units to help with notes, meds and much more so I see all different aspects of the job.
Dangerous place to be
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJune 17, 2014
I did not enjoy my work because of the lack of organization in the entire facility. I do not believe anyone was truly helped in this place an the compensation was horrible for the danger the staff is under.
Horrible place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville NCMarch 3, 2014
A typical day is total chaos! 12 hour shift ends up being 14 hours plus. No one has time to show you anything, employees are very disgruntled. Majority of the managers are in their 20's and have no experience outside of Brynn Marr. Supervisors and the 20 something staffers are all in a click constantly texting each other and playing candy crush on their smartphones. The reason for the high turn over is due to the non experienced managers and the click of early 20 year olds that are more concerned with playing games and texting than working.
Pros
good pay, great benefits
Cons
No teamwork, lack of leadership and training
Nursing on behavioral health unit.
Psychiatric Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NJFebruary 19, 2014
Wonderful employees, great patient/staff ratios. Beautiful facility.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
pay not comparable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brynn Marr Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5