BSH Home Appliances Employee Reviews

Fast paced manufacturing job,stressful/ pays very well / great benefits
Assembler III (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCFebruary 3, 2018
I work 2nd shift on one of the assembly lines in the Cooking factory in New Bern, NC. We usually work 8-9 hours Mon-Fri, sometimes 10 hours and Saturdays depending on product demand.Worked 1st shift for a while but went to 2nd because it was more laid back and less managers and supervisors around to SPY on you.

Coworkers are also more relaxed as a result and are a hoot and lots of fun to work with. We work hard to meet our production goals but have a good time doing it. The workplace culture is typical factory life. You spend your time at your workstation and do your assigned tasks to complete assembly of the product.

Coworkers, team leaders, and even supervisors talk and gossip about everyone and everything so you have to be EXTRA careful about what you say at work and post on social media about each other and the company. I've seen people dismissed for saying stuff about other people numerous times.

One hard part of the job is the unpredictability of the work schedule. One minute you're working a steady 5 day 40 hour work week, than boom a snowstorm shuts the plant down for a few days then they schedule you for 10 hour days 6 days a week for the next 3 months. Then the next week a machine goes down or some parts for the assembly lines don't come in and they start sending you home early every night and you don't make decent hours. You just never know.

Another hard part of the job is the constant influx of new people coming in mostly from the local temp agencies. A lot of these people don't get enough or proper training and they are thrown into a situation where
  more... they are expected to perform as well as the 10, 15, or 20 year veterans on the line. It's either sink or swim or you're out the door. Many temps get burned out by the strain and quit shortly after starting. The constant training and retraining hurts team efficiency and productivity.

Despite this, I consider BSH a good company to work for. If you can survive your time as a temporary, do your job correctly, follow your team leader's instruction, and most of all stay motivated you will be recognized and hired on as a BSH associate, it just takes time. patience, and effort.

I left a local factory job in my hometown of Jacksonville 7 years ago because advancement was limited and they maxed me out at $13/hr as an assembler. I was hired by BSH in 2013 and 5 years later I'm at $19/hour and it will just keep going up. I gladly commute 40 miles each way everyday to BSH because they pay better than anything else in this area.
Pros
Great pay and benefits, advancement opportunities
Cons
Unpredictable schedule, nosy gossipy coworkers
family and emergencies
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCDecember 18, 2017
the management team is not supportive of your family if there's an emergency. Overtime is a max of an hour to your regular schedule. They don't try to work with you if there's a minute over your scheduled time.
Good company to work
Credit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 21, 2017
Company pays poor, good people to work with. Lots of old debt hard to collect without help from sales team,or general contractor but overall good comp
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
New Manager hired
Great equipment to work on/bad managment
Maintenance Team Lead III (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCJuly 11, 2017
fun and exciting job as far as troubleshooting the equipment. Management is to indecisive about making decisions, which causes a major swing in schedules for employees. Competitive pay and good benefits.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Inconsist schedule.
Productive for the most part
Assembler III (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCJuly 9, 2017
Has potential to grow even more so than before with the right management and good leaders to ensure progress of company's needs. I believe in a nonstressful work environment but hard work and not being disrespectful to one another in terms of race or handicaps. If the company could embrace more of a handle on the strengths and weaknesses of their employees I believe there is a place for all to benefit in the roll that they play in this company
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Short breaks
Only thing good is the pay
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCMay 22, 2017
Management blames everyone else for decisions they make. It seems more like high school and management partakes in the festivities. It's a call center so you get yelled at all day which is a given. Only place in the area that pays decent. Hard to move up because the corporate jobs are in California. You get emails from high management then additional emails correcting previous emails - a manager should know how to proofread before sending to the entire workforce.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
hours, phone calls, drama
Great multi-national company to work for
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 21, 2016
As a field service engineer, I serviced major appliances in customer's homes. I was trained on new product as it came on the market. Management was fair and respectful, and responsive to employee concerns. My co-workers were mostly competent, and the majority of them were pleasant and good to work with. The hardest parts of the job was diagnosing hi-tech major appliances which were all controlled electronically; the occasional irate customer; some long days due to the nature of the business, and a degree of administration work which there was not often enough time to complete without working overtime. The most enjoyable part of the job was being in the field for service calls, challenging repairs which required technical, mechanical, and unusual circumstances.
Pros
Great benefits, salary commensurate with experience, company vehicle which eliminates use of own car to commute
Cons
Occasional long hours/overtime
Hours are good. Lots of overtime.
Floater (Former Employee) –  La Follette, TNNovember 17, 2016
Work for a production line. Overtime is there if you want it. Job is not too difficult, just have to keep up with production flow.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Short breaks
Fast Paced, High Volume Manufacturing and Assembly
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCSeptember 12, 2016
Fast paced and high volume manufacturing and assembly of high end major home appliances. Good pay and compensation for all employees regardless of position within the company.
Very Faced paced environment
Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksboro, TNJune 7, 2016
Very discipline and fast paced work environment. I run a brake press, I write my own programs, set up my machine. Management is not the greatest, but the co-workers are great.
Company has not changed
Service Support Representative (Former Employee) –  IrvvineSeptember 1, 2015
Worked for company before and left due to issue with the way company was running, nothing has changed in all those years.
Good company, with a forever changing day.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 3, 2015
Good company to work for, Difficult to balance work & family life. Good Job security. you are really pretty much left to your own device, provided you do your work correctly.
Pros
Job Security, Plenty of work variety. great work achievement .
Cons
Achievements not always recognized, Hard to get work & family balance.
Great at first...
Territory Merchandise Manager, South / East Coast (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 30, 2015
I loved the challenge of account management and being a Factory Rep. Unfortunately, the reality of this industry is that the majority of manufacturers have gone to 3rd Party Servicers. Good Company with a good work life balance. Awesome training department and greatteam members to work with.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Like all companies, politics can be tough.
Professional environment, average pay
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCMay 18, 2015
Good company with good benefits. Professional environment and supervisors and management were really easy to work for. Overall a great work experience.
benefits
Cons
hours
Youthful Working Environment Yet Very Productive
Electronic Controls Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCApril 23, 2015
My day typically started off with meetings to discuss weekly objectives and resolve problems. The remainder of the day I worked directly with engineers in Germany to establish new dishwasher programs and resolve issues with current ones.

My co-workers were very young with ages ranging from 22-45. They were extremely personable and many of them I had personal friendships with outside of work. The personable relationships made work enjoyable to come to and still be effective and productive.

The hardest part of my job was the communication barrier between the Germans and Americans. The time difference didn't help the situation.
Pros
Friendly staff, beautiful location, fun work outings
Cons
Communication with German co-workers, long work hours
Appliance company
/Supervisor/ Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CAMarch 3, 2015
one of the top of the line kitchen appliance producers. have plant world wide. very great company to work for. moved to New Bern North Carolina.
Great place for experience and fun projects
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 23, 2013
Citrix design, build, implement and administer
VMware design build, implement and administer
NetApp storage administration
Dell Equallogic storage administration
Windows 2003. 2008 server administration
Coworkers are great to work with and we are a cohesive unit.
Hardest part of the job is trying to get management to spend money on new systems and hardware.
The most enjoyable part of the job is building and testing new IT solutions including virtualization.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Language barriers since it is a global company
Dynamic Environment---each day is different
Marketing Manager, National Accounts (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCSeptember 25, 2012
There is no such thing as a typical work day at BSH. Each day is different and one must possess the ability to be nimble and adapt to change quickly. Co-workers are friendly and helpful.
Great company to work for..
Account Order Management Rep. / Sales Asst (Current Employee) –  Houston,TXJune 6, 2012
I would relocated with the company to Southern California. Just to far from my family for me at this time. Very productive company that is on the rise.