BSN Employee Reviews in United States

time consuming
Blue Cross Blue Shield Tennessee RN (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 8, 2016
very time consuming job and alot of paper work, was new to this job when this particular area was opened up for rns and management didnt have handle on the procedures, alot of frustrations
always looked forward to working with the little angels
Registered Nurse in the med/surge (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 2, 2016
AT my last nursing job before starting my current contract with the army, i worked at angels of care pediatric home health. I had two young patients with hypoxic brain injury but always so exciting to be around. Having co-operative family members helped make the job manageable and also were a good helping hand in helping the children achieve their highest possible health and well being for their medical condition
Good springboard for my career
Marketing and Product Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 10, 2015
I interned at BSN medical the two summers after my freshman and sophomore year of college. Interning at BSN gave me a solid understanding of the marketing and sales atmosphere I am interested in entering for my full-time career.
Retail
Graduated Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PROctober 26, 2015
I worked there for 3 years while I was attending Nursing School. Retail work. Working there was fun, though the salary was poor and crazy shifts.
Pros
Free tickets to the movie theater, free items from the consessionary
Cons
Low Salary, sometimes they won't pay at the pay date but the day after
Self Employed
Domestic Engineer (Former Employee) –  HomeOctober 17, 2015
Being self-employed is great with the exception of being a 1099 employee. The higher tax penalties make it harder. During this time, I worked to Finish my BSN.
Pros
make your own hours
Cons
tax penalties
My review from working on this facilities were not bad.
Management positions (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 13, 2015
The experiences at these places of work varies. The over all rating is not bad. The hardest part of the job is following closely and making sure cares provided meets the required Nursing standard by the staff involved. Good management skills was performed by this Nurse and left a profound impart., The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the expression on the faces of the Residents after providing services. The happiness and the joy makes the day of the Nurse. I learned that good TEAM efforts is the key to meeting objectives.
Pros
Room for taking Residents out with advance notice was a credit
Cons
Hope all sataff gets more serious with safety "precautuions" with the patients.
Good first time job
Staff Nurse, RN, BSN (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHSeptember 28, 2015
Provides fundamental skills- no room to expand nursing skills- limited knowledge beyond fundamentals. Would recommend for new grads only
Pros
Union
Cons
no room to grow
Fortunte to care for such an arrey of conditions and patients.
ICU staff RN, BSN/ Float: PCU, MED SURG, ONCOLOGY (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXSeptember 16, 2015
Consistently complemented for Collaborative skills for patient, family and Physicians to promote holistic patient care.

Have learned to rely on and to trust my critical thinking. Have also learned to think on me feet keep moving, delegate or initiate prn.

Red tape, politics and priorities always changing always evident in any company. Sometimes well managed and well guided, very subjective.

Work well with co-workers, enjoy working together for the best patient outcome.

Never know what the day brings, in ICU. Love this aspect, it has really aided in building a firm foundation in patient care, assessment and urgency.

Hardest part of job is increased patient load. Three critical patients in our unit was not uncommon. I need to give 100% to my patients, understaffing makes this difficult at times.

Hands down, the best part of my job was making a difference in helping patients and families make difficult situations and decisions more palatable. Fear is compounded by the unknown. Collaboration promotes information, acceptance, and the ability to make informed decisions.
Pros
Team mentality, continious oportunity for growth
Cons
Lack of Consistancy.
Nigh Shift
Registered Nurse ADN (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILAugust 30, 2015
Basically monitored pt. stability, administered meds. supervised CNA, medication management and administration. Trach and G-Tube care, administered tube feedings. assist in ADL
great place to work
VCU RN (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 25, 2015
Fun place to work with a great support team. The staff was professional and worked hard. They give you support and believe in team building.

Want to know more about BSN?

Ask a question
A whole new world
Travel Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 21, 2015
Assignment to start next week. Recruting, signed paperwork, drug screen, and other requirements done within 24 hours !
great company, night shifts rock,
Experienced RN (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAJuly 27, 2015
Experienced Registered Nurse, cultural competent, and delivers quality patient centered care. Builds ON PROGRESSION OF NEW NURSES AND THE EXPERIENCED NURSES AS WELL
good hospital
RN (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 19, 2015
Via Christi is a competitive hospital that offers a fair wage and opportunity for advancement. management varies department to department. you can easily transfer once employed.
Pros
opportunity
Cons
working weekends
I use my critical thinking skills by thereby improving patient care
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Hospital San Juan, PRJune 26, 2015
The most important responsibility like emergency nurse is understanding triage, which is a method of prioritizing injuries based on medical need. An emergency nurse must have the ability to make quick and accurate assessments about incoming patients, including both physical and mental health conditions.
Time management is crucial in this job. Along with triage, emergency nurses must quickly ascertain the following information from incoming patients, identify the medical problem, document medical history, check for any allergies and current medications, and obtain height, weight, body temperature, heart rate and blood pressure
Other responsibilities include moving patients, taking blood samples, cleaning and bandaging wounds, administering medications and maintaining proper supplies of medical equipment.
As with other health care professionals, emergency nurses are expected to comply with protocols, procedures and safety policies of a health care facility. Emotional stability, communication, leadership, good team worker, sympathy and attention to detail are traits common among successful emergency nurses
Pros
Is an amazing career choice, have the power to change people's lives every day
Cons
Is the hardest job, have your bad days, unsure schedules, and situations
Job Review
RN (Current Employee) –  WRSU/IHSMay 31, 2015
A typical day would be challenging, learning all the time with different pt's, views of Dr's and co-workers.
Co-workers=teamwork. Hardest part of my job is "crowd control" in emergent situations. Most enjoyable is working with my patients using evidenced based practice. Love being a Nurse!
Each facility had its own character and job culture
RN (Former Employee) –  variesApril 7, 2015
Travel Nursing allowed me the ability to travel back and forth from Ohio to Texas when my father was ill. Best time spent. Most of my experience varies between office work to the Emergency Room. I worked at CCHMC Cincinnati Children's in the Emergency Room and as a Trauma Nurse, then traveled as an Emergency Room Nurse, I also have been in office settings. The last of my jobs was on an acute surgery floor. I have learned and grown from each position.
Nurse Educator
Assistant Chair RN-BSN Program (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEMarch 24, 2015
An experienced registered nurse, case manager and nurse educator with a broad background in patient care across the lifespan. Dedicated nurse educator with strong clinical skills who has managerial experience, the training, credentials and exposure of teaching in a clinical environment as well as higher education. Familiar with face to face, hybrid, online curriculum and course development.
Very great place to work!
NON-INVASIVE CARDIOLOGY RN (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 1, 2015
Heart Hospital Baylor Plano does everything to please the patients. They go out of their way to make patients and families feel comfortable, They consider staff, as part of their family. It is a great place to work. The only reason I'm leaving is to relocate back to FL.
My review
Registered nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 10, 2015
A typical day starts with building new relationships with my patients.

On any given day, I can be in command of the top five or six interventions for up to 10 different conditions and must be able to monitor trends and detect subtle changes in patients with acute and chronic conditions, often at the same time, often in the same patient.

What makes me special? And what makes my job so challenging? I have learned that I should always listen to what my patients are telling me and always trust my instincts. Rapid course changes occur so often on our floor they become part of the routine and help me always stay alert and able to respond promptly.The opportunity to care for patients across many age levels with different degrees of acuity, and a huge variety of disease categories provided me with a unique knowledge base that I can utilize anywhere adults seek medical care and detect critical conditions that require emergency intervention right away.Being able to take that daily challenge and provide the best care possible to my patients making their stay as pleasant as possible by responding to their needs makes me feel special and rewarded at the end of the day by knowing that the hardest part of my job is also the most enjoyable one as well.

Fast-paced, high-stress environment of medical-surgical nursing helped me master skills that I can use throughout my advanced practice nursing career including leadership, productive organization, and time management.
A hospital with a homey feel, where every employee felt like family.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 31, 2015
I knew once I walked on the unit, I had all the resources I needed just within my coworkers and their ever-present, unrelenting supportiveness. In the intensive care unit, we all had something to provide each other: whether it was a certain skill-set, exceptional knowledge in a certain area, or just simply experience in dealing with a certain situation in the most effective way in order to advocate for the patient and their loved ones. The hardest part of the job, in such a critical setting, was being able to support family and console them when a patient was at the end of life, without allowing your own emotions to take over when you yourself have become attached to that patient. That is their time of need and reassurance, and the love you felt for that patient is the love they have felt throughout their lives with them tenfold; therefore, it is important to assist them in their grieving process and exude a strong, supportive role during such a time. I feel the most enjoyable part of the job was playing a role in that process at the same time; because no matter how trying and sorrowful it may be, you know that as their nurse you have made a difference and had an impact on someone's life... That you have touched someone and become a part of their life. That, in itself, is why I became a nurse: to love, to show compassion, to care and to cherish, to support and nourish not just the body but the mind and the soul. There is no better, more affordable, more honorable job out there, and I have been lucky to experience that for as long as I have.

4.3