BSN Employee Reviews

Great Work Life Balance
RN (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 2, 2017
Ability to work flexible schedules with 12 hour shifts affords you the 4 day weekends and the ability to coordinate work schedule with needs of the family.
Fun enviroment
BSN, RN (Current Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSMay 22, 2017
Singing River Health System is a great place of employment. A typical day includes working with some of the best doctors and nurses in south Mississippi.
hard work but worth every second.
CHARGE NURSE (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, TXMay 20, 2017
The work is hard and you stay very busy, but I love my patients. I treat each and everyone as if they were my family member, maybe better. There is nothing I wouldn't do for any of them and they know it. Patients love to know they are not just a patient, but someone who we care about.
Cons
There are no cons when helping others
Rn bsn
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCMay 18, 2017
Administered medications to the inmates, did sick calls, did scheduling for other nurses, and lead nurse on day shift. The hardest part of the job was when there was not enough staff. The workplace culture was very diverse.
Most enjoyable
Student (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLMay 4, 2017
For the most part, my co-workers were a pleasure to work with. This needed some changes in order to change the culture of the work environment. Also, there was not many opportunities for advancements.
Ok
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAApril 18, 2017
Poor morale at this company. Orientation is haphazard at best. Management is not efficient and does not have employees back. Hopefully the union can help fix some of these issues. Nurses are expected to have a full workload and provide the best care, with little to no assistance. Co-workers were great on night shift.
Cons
Low morale.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Emergency DepartmentApril 17, 2017
Fast pace working environment that requires critical thinking skills and independent working environment at times. It is imperative that time management and priority of task is utilized appropriately,
Pros
bonuses, Pto
Cons
stressful environment, burnout
Very busy
RN (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 15, 2017
Took care of chronic vented patients, overdoses, COPD, PNA patients. Learned alot of critical care, time management and priority patients. Hardest part of my job was to keep patients alive because the family members wanted them to be but in the end this patient has no quality of life. I enjoyed the hands on care and bonding moments i had with the families.
unreliable, last minute cancelations
Intensive Care RN (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COApril 3, 2017
Being a pool nurse was not for me, I was repeatedly called off with less than 20 min from start of shift. Or they would want to go clear across town in less than 20 min. notice
Pros
nothing comes to mind
Cons
unreliable income
Overall positive work place
Operating Room Nurse (Current Employee) –  UtahMarch 23, 2017
I learned several skills that has made me the nurse I am today. I was able to work on different units and expand my skill knowledge. They also worked with my schedule well.
productive
RN (Current Employee) –  St. Joseph, MOMarch 21, 2017
team approach, non micromanaging would be ideal. Like to work independent but have resources if needed. Good benefits, good pay, rewarded for good behavior
Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 6, 2017
Workplace culture is upscale. The clients are that of a unique culture with very specialized illness and disease processes. The physicians, nursing staff, and all medical and non-medical work together with the thought that the patients' needs come first!
Pros
Staff friendliness
Cons
At times very difficult patients on floor that would be considered ICU patients at other hospitals, Some management have very little hands on experience, Staff needs are sometimes pushed to the side
Fast working enviroment
RN (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 9, 2017
Some days are very stressful. Depending on the manager you can be praised for effort or beat down. Hours are great ans schedule is flexible.
Overworked and Underpaid
LPN (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 6, 2017
Long Hours, Stressful environment, no organization, poor pay, poor advancement opportunities, no personal growth, dislike companies morale, sales rep will say anything to get patients in the door even if they are a bad candidate - only care about the $ in their pockets. .
Opportunity to help students succeed
Faculty (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 2, 2017
Diverse student population with challenging curriculum. Have opportunity to empower future nursing professionals to create change in the future of the healthcare of our country.
"Very Busy work Days"
RN (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJanuary 23, 2017
Very busy days most of time. Get to work and before you know it your day is over. Very productive day while learning about health care in the correctional department.
Pros
Very Busy
Cons
Very Busy
Very busy. Fast paced.
RN, BSN (Current Employee) –  Lafayette Hill, PAJanuary 23, 2017
A typical day at work is very busy. The average patient leghntg of stay is about 2-3 weeks. The patient population is very high maintainance and can be demanding. Multi-tasking is a must.
better place
Patient-focused compassionate professional (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2017
love to work with this company as this company take care of clients with utmost respect and priority. gives a lot of attention in fulfilling the dream job
Riverside
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Glenns, VANovember 24, 2016
My typical day at Riverside was educating nursing staff and running infection control surveillance. All staff were pleasant to work with and all had a team player approach.
Pros
autonmony
Cons
traveled between 5 buildings
Nice Workplace fun and ver comfortable.. Home work enviroment nice management
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 7, 2016
Positive experience nice work environment was in a Good location Park 100.Had fun picking and selecting order had fun competing and the people were great but the only thing that lacks at some jobs is communication. And communication is key
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
2 breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BSN. Our community is ready to answer.