BTI Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent Job with great pay
Service Operator (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, OHJanuary 24, 2016
Its easy to excel at your job when you love what you do and your rewarded accurately and that was BTI for me. BTI provided me with a company truck and put a lot of trust into my work which made it easier to show my true abilities without being watched over on a daily basis. If the Oil Field wouldn't have plummeted and Superior Energy hadn't closed down BTI I would still be there working to strive better each day.
Pros
Company Truck, Fuel Card, Cell Phone, Lap Top
Cons
Some travel resulting in being away from my family
Good
Fishing Tool Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXOctober 16, 2015
Good company. Fell due to falling oil prices. Had strong leadership and good back up for field hands. Management was always very supportive. Always had a great support system
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 8, 2016
I worked with this company for 11 years, and I enjoyed every year.
my co-workers is one of the thing's that I will miss.
Manager's are great and easy going
productive, fun place to work
mechanic (Former Employee) –  Troy, PAJanuary 3, 2016
get equipment ready to go out on a job
I learned a lot about the gas field
did your job every one was happy
hardest part was being on call 24/7
pay was awsome
Pros
free lunches, cookouts
Very flexible hours, ability to meet new people on a daily basis. Fun but stressfull at the same time.
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMAugust 25, 2015
Overall the company was a great place to work. I was trusted to do my job and was not required to check in at the office on a daily basis. No high pressure selling, just sell what I could, when I could. The most enjoyable part of the job was the mingling with people that I did and the opportunity to entertain them.
Pros
Entertaining customers. ie...Playing golf
Cons
Lots of competition, became a cuthroat business
Received a lot of knowledge regarding trucking
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDAugust 1, 2014
A typical day was doing what needed to be done in the order of the priority of the day.
I had not worked for a trucking company before so I learned a lot about the trucking industry - in the oil field-
Management was always available
My co-workers were great people form all walks of life - there are very few people that I have worked with in ND that are from ND
I liked all aspects of my employment
Pros
good benefits - bbq's
They were investigated by the SEC
Director of IT / Software Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2015
This company is under investigation from what I have heard last. They released me when they could no longer afford me and I stayed in contact with one of the employees who worked there for many years who explained that when they arrived one morning they were raided by the police who confiscated computers/records etc. for the investigation

I am not sure the company is still active
postdoc researcher
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYMarch 19, 2015
Doing my work most in the lab, very friendly people who are willing to help researchers. not much pressure, located in Cornell campus, summer is very beautiful ,but with a long and harsh winter.
Pros
less pressure, good benefit
Cons
low salary, crazy winter
terminal manager showed favoretisum towards drivers, they installed new system. Mechanics spent more time on computer than trucks.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Wells, NVMay 5, 2014
Tried to make Co-workers smile. I like a stress free work place. You can't please everyone, but it don't hurt trying. My nickname was Einstien! Management, being biased would believe drivers over mechanics. All my co-workers were "good people". The worst part of the job was when the manager made us do what the drivers wanted, whether it was needed or not. I loved telling jokes making the crew laugh.
Pros
mostly good people.
Cons
60 miles one way, manager's blatint, unfiltered favoretisum.
Very productive
Shop/operator (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMAugust 21, 2013
Its a wonderful company. They have a great benefits and a outstanding management team.
Pros
lunches, team working
Productive Workplace
Service Operator Level II (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMMay 12, 2015
I loved my job here at BTI. I had a alot of friends employed with me here and we all did our jobs as told or requested daily just wasnt the place for me in the end.
Productive and fun place to work fast pace job
Mail Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 25, 2013
delivery of mail throughout the building,meet tons of people very fun place to work busy most of the day enjoyed the employee relations
Pros
large building great advancement opportunities
Cons
subject to lay off
Loved it!!!
Implementation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 2, 2012
Best company i ever worked for. I wish they did not get sold!!!!!
Pros
awesome benefits
Cons
none that i can name
marketing department had an ad agency feel
Senior Graphic Designer - Marketing Dept. (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 17, 2013
Sadly BTI is no longer in business, but it was a great place to work. A failed IPO and then the telecom industry took a nose dive forced them to sell/merge.

Developing new products, the internet was just gaining speed, so we marketed to businesses and also had to design collateral for over 30 sales offices in the Southeast.
Productive work place
Customer Service Trouble Management (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 9, 2012
Great place to work. Opportunity to learn the company and advance to different departments. The hardest part of job working weekends. The opportunity to learn different jobs.
Pros
provide lunch during overtime, also job bonus opportunites
Cons
working weekends
it was ok, but could be hazardous at times.
Hazmat Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Moorcroft, WYDecember 4, 2012
a typical day was to do a pre-trip on your truck start your truck drive to get your truck loaded with hydrochloric acid go out to methane fields in wyoming. hook up hose ,open vents, turn on pump , pump acid off trailer into tanks on sites.
Pros
getting paid through lunch
Cons
benifit package, hours over 40 was not considered overtime.
Review
Customer Service Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 6, 2012
Company provided me with great experience in Technical and Telecommunication skills that came with organization and attentive to customer's needs.
Field Sales (Current Employee) –  SearcyJune 1, 2013
Typical day would consist of meeting with as many managers to setup jobs, going from location to location just to visit and make sure everyone is happy with our work and see if there is anything I can do to make things better.
Open Doors
Telecommunications Administrator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 4, 2013
I enjoyed working for this company for many years and would still be working for them if the owner did not sell. I loved what I did daily and take much pride in my accomplishments there.
Pros
allowed to do job without interference
Cons
sold and closed
Family Business
IT Director (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, KSJanuary 17, 2014
BTI is a family owned John Deere business in South Central Kansas. As well as having John Deere Dealerships they have also started a wind company. The family is great to work for and they take great pride in their business and employees.
Pros
family owned

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BTI. Our community is ready to answer.