Bubbles Salon Employee Reviews

Worst Job I have EVER had.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Germantown, MDJune 28, 2017
I literally trained for two days and then I had to work by myself. Everyone there was pretty nice but, when I interviewed for the job I was under the impression it would be a little different. The manger is nice she just doesn't really know what she's doing because she's new. Also this job and the hours I was giving just isn't worth losing hours at my other job especially since I get paid more.
Pros
the nice stylist and other receptionist
Cons
no breaks, no sitting, the manager
good first after beauty school job
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMay 30, 2017
I absolutely loved working here! It was a great stepping stone to get my career started and a clientele built. Overall it can be a great place to work if you just lay low and not get too close to any of the stylist. Drama and gossip unfortunately are a huge issue here.
Productive n fast pace
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMarch 10, 2017
Full service salon in Towson Town Center as front desk , I would greet n service any customer coming in to make them feel welcome , including appointments, booking , assigning customers with a stylist to best fit them .!
Pros
Mall perks
Cons
Transportation
corporate salon
Hair Stylist and Admin (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 2, 2017
good education. low stylist retention. usually in high traffic areas so good for walkins for new stylists. uses loreal color line and has frequent trainings
Deplorable Professionalism
Salon Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 7, 2016
I had an interview at a DC location one day but I realized I needed to reschedule. So I rescheduled the appointment for the following day, and it was confirmed for that Friday. I get there and the guy that was supposed to interview said " well, I never got back to you on that, so thanks for stopping by". I'm glad he was so honest because that let's me know that the lack of professionalism was and still is very high. That is highly unacceptable.

Do not apply here.
What a fabulous salon to work for.
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 4, 2016
From the management, staff, to the front desk working at this salon was an awesome experience. I love the continuous education, classes and hair shows.
Pros
Very productive, and great clientel
Cons
Lack of good health insurance
fun and good place to work at
Was a receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 22, 2016
At bubbles I was a receptionist and I would check customers in and out, offer them tea or coffee. Also, I would open and close and count the money in the morning and at night before close.
not really a fun place
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 1, 2016
cuts are really cheap, which means longer work days to earn enough. manager really doesn't care about you other than working there 24/7. i would say its great if you have your own clientele
For the love of god, stay away from this place
Shampoo Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 22, 2016
The job was easy but you get treated as if you're furniture. People walk all over you and aren't considerate about your feelings. My friend use to work at a different bubbles and she quit solely because of the employees there including her manager. I rather be broke and jobless then work here.

Same your time and look somewhere else
Nice salon
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, MDMay 9, 2016
Answered phones and scheduled appointments

Counted and documented opening and closing cash amounts daily

Updated client information records to track services provided

Cleaned and maintained the entire salon

Resolved customer complaints in a timely, efficient manner

Maintained retail display
Pros
Beautiful, clean salon
Cons
Discriminatory practices
Fast paced, creative environment
CERTIFIED COLORIST (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VA 22401March 11, 2016
Bubbles was a busy salon with great education opportunities. Had set hours and a great clientele. We used top of the line hair products.
Pros
good pay, great products
Cons
high turnover
I highly do not recommend this company.
receptionist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 25, 2015
As a former receptionist of Bubbles hair salon my experience was great to start off with but terrible in the end. Management is unorganized and very unfair. Pay isn't worth it nor are the hours. Capitol Hill Bubbles has too much drama which is why they always hiring because no one wants to be around drama. Discrimination, poor pay, took advantage of and more. The choice of managers, well Salon Leaders are terrible (especially on Pennsylvania Ave) I seen and heard so much terrible feedback from people. Glad I found something better and worth working!
Pros
Free hair style and discounts.
Cons
Everything else!
I wouldn't recommend working here
lead receptionist (Current Employee) –  Washington, D.C.April 15, 2015
in the beginning they promise you a lot and they have absolutely no intentions on keeping those promises. I was hired to be a salon leader and was never given the pay I agreed to or that position. Management is extremely sneaky and they have no problem having you train the people who they are hiring to take your job. Also, the turnover rate is extremely high which should be a warning sign. Beware of this company, it's not as great as it seems.
Pros
You're able to network and meet new people
Cons
pay, management issues
fun place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 7, 2014
The salon was a busy salon. Working the front desk, even on my typical day was busy. I have learned how to control and handle 4 lines coming in at the same time, how to handle a busy front desk with timely manner and have all the clients leave satisfied. I loved my manager and co-workers. Everyone was extremely nice and just a joy to work with. I loved the salon. I met so many new faces and made lots of friends. Which I love to do.
Pros
everyone was beyond nice
Cons
there was non
Fun place to work, and freedom to be yourself
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAOctober 25, 2014
The traffic in this salon near the end of my employment was usually very slow. I think that is due to losing a few good stylists, and others becoming lazy. I typically like to stay busy while I am working, so I always found something to do and it was usually to clean the salon. No shampoo assistants, and the stylists think it is beneath them to clean after themselves. Not too much discipline coming from management. I got along with everyone. Being a receptionists is a pretty easy job, but I did very well and enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Free hair services, discount on great products, laid back environment
Cons
No room for growth, gossiping, they don't promote within the company, no raise opportunities
Fantastic and Fun place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAAugust 27, 2014
Loved it here! So fun and up beat. My manager was very straight forward but also fair.
Pros
Fun, great management
It was a adverage expreience
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 15, 2014
My typical day at work was that I would come in and pull my chair out getting prepared for my first client. Prepare them coffee or water and have a consultation. Next shampoo and dry hair. then I styled it in the fashion that would make the costumer satisfied and very happy with. I answered phone call and booked people as I went on. Gaining product knowledge and explaining to costumers. Clean my station and clocked out.
Pros
In the mall, great clients, liked the work and the creative side I have.
Cons
Had to eat around your clients, hard to work with some staff
fast paced , costumer oriented. Good growth opportunity
Hairstylist (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 15, 2013
very fast paced, have to be ready to exceed the clients expectations and satisfactions. Great co workers with a positive vibe. Constantly learning new ways to excel in my costumer service skill and enhancing my skills. The hardest part would be the physical labor.
The most enjoyable part would be to see the clients satisfaction and happiness.
Pros
growth opportunities and flexible
Cons
healthcare, schedule/hours, salary
A work day at Bubbles
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJanuary 15, 2013
A typical day at work would consist of opening the store, getting the computers up and running, handing out stylist scheduled appointments for the day. I would make sure all stylist had the supplies they needed, made coffee for the clients. As customers came in i would assist with anything they needed and direct them to their stylist. I answered all calls, scheduled/cancel appointments, also ran the register. I assisted clients in what products would be best for their hair to take home. At the end of the day i would make sure the saon was clean for the next day, shut down computers, make deposit, print out the following days schedule and lock up.
Pros
learned alot about hair care, and multi tasking
Cons
not a great workmanship between employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bubbles Salon. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8