Buc-ee's Employee Reviews

Full-Time Baker/Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXNovember 17, 2017
Buc-ees in cypress has very poor management. The deli managers are very rude and don't communicate very well. They also show favoritism towards certain.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
no lunch breaks, rude managers
Fast-paced, stressful, but rewarding
Deli Member (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, TXNovember 17, 2017
You have to be on time or else you get a write-up. 3 write-ups and you're fired. It is a very demanding job as they are open 24 hours, but it pays well. Management really only cares about you being there regardless of what goes on in your personal life. If you're life is not very eventful Buc-cee's is the right fit for you.
Pros
Paid lunch breaks
Cons
Short lunch breaks, guaranteed to work on important holidays as it is open 24 hours
Fast paced
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Terrell, TXOctober 30, 2017
Fast paced. A learned to drive a forklift. The days include a lot of standing, you stand and/or walk your whole shift. Good work out. Very clean environment.
Some Perks
Collection/File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXOctober 24, 2017
I worked in the main office. That was ok, most of the time. We got to sample new product that they were considering putting in stores which was a nice perk.
Pros
Sampling new products, going to lunch with the group and building new relationships.
Cons
CAMERAS are everywhere, no benefits (while I was there)
Stressful, poor managed environment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 19, 2017
First off, pay is great - but that's all I have to say
The overnight shift, at least from my experience, was ran like we were working at a hospital. Fast, fast, fast...and not a single break...at all. Horrible place to work...
Pros
Great pay - but that's all
Cons
No breaks, poor management
Team Lead
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Waller, TX 77484October 18, 2017
Very fun company to work for. Pay is great. Shifts fit all life styles.
Show up on time ready for shift, Work hard,be respectful to all around you,and do your part and you can move up in the company.
Fun and fast pace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Lavaca, TXOctober 5, 2017
Working at buc-ees is a fun place to work.. they are very flexible with hours and will work with you if you are a student. they give excellent benefits and PTO
Funniest job I ever had
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waller, TXSeptember 23, 2017
The is the best Texas themed store ever! The store was very fast paced but that's what I liked about it. If your a people person you will love to work here! It was always fun to meet new people. I loved working at Buc-ee's. If you do your job and follow the rules and show up on time you wont have any problems!
Pros
get paid well, fast paced
Cons
short breaks, and work holidays
great work flow
Maintenance Member (Former Employee) –  Angleton, TXSeptember 20, 2017
great to meet people
Management could be better at times. I've learned how to handle stressful situations. How to deal with customers in a retail environment.
pay well but expect a lot
CAR WASH ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXSeptember 18, 2017
Pays well and most management is ok but they expect a lot of hard work out of you... no lunch or breaks and super strict about being on time (1 min late is late no matter the reason, late 3 times and you're gone)
Pros
pay
Cons
expect a lot, no breaks
A good job for college student
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bastrop, TXSeptember 9, 2017
Its very strict and lunch break are only 5 minutes. management sucks and they aren't understanding about sometimes being late or having family emergencies
Productive fast paced, fun, and hard environment to work in.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXSeptember 8, 2017
A typical day at work usually consist of cleaning, bagging ice, stocking merchandise, unloading heavy equipment from trucks, heavy lifting stocking, and helping customers find what they new throughout the store.

I learned that it takes hard physical work and a strong mind to work at a place like buc-ee's. You are always on call at work if a gas leak or break happens.

The management at buc-ees's is not the best, some of the calls they make are not the smartest but i can understand why they make certain calls in certain situations.

The workplace culture is a very mixed and opened minded culture with different ethnicity's and languages spoken from the people that work there and the customers that come and visit from around the globe.

The hardest part of the job would have to be continuously, stocking, picking up and organizing the heavy equipment that the store owns with little to no breaks during a shift.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be getting to communicate with the customers and employee's there on a regular basis.
Pros
the pay is 13.00 per hour
Cons
short breaks, always busy, hard working environment
Great Crew
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXAugust 14, 2017
I loved being apart of Buc-ee's. The management was amazing. They worked well with my school schedule. I learned so much working there. My time there was spent well.
Fun and productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXAugust 11, 2017
I enjoyed working at Buc-ee's. You get to meet alot of new people and sometimes get to really know a few of them. You are always busy. There is always something to do.
Strict place but it could be fun
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Luling, TXAugust 5, 2017
It's a very good place to work but sometines there is poor management. It's very hard to work your way up. Although if you if you are efficient they will do something about it.
Pros
Very good pay
Cons
Not everyone works well with others
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 1, 2017
great job! they really do follow the rules and they really don't break them or fold them for no one. the management is awesome. the only thing is that you only have 5-7 minutes for a moment. at first its hard to adjust but you eventually get use to eating fast.
Pros
get free drinks while on the clock
Cons
short breaks
Team Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJuly 30, 2017
Buc-ee's takes pride in their cleanliness and organization of their entire store, and it shows. I was a cashier, but I did a lot more than stand in front of a register. You learn about rotating merchandise, serving coffee, and how to maintain your entire lane. You have a daily list of chores like wiping everything down and getting more bags that will definitely keep you busy when it gets slow. My biggest complaint is that with all that moving around, you get one ten minute break, timed exactly, and you can't sit at any other time.
Pros
Great pay, great staff
Cons
Short breaks
There's a couple of pros and quite a few cons.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, TXJuly 13, 2017
I honestly don't care to review this place. But since I have to atleast type 150 characters.. I guess I kind of enjoy the jerky & some of the employees. Management on the other hand, completely different story.
Pros
Liberty.
Cons
Management.
Strenuous on the body and not a good place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Luling, TXJuly 7, 2017
Standing on your feet for eight hour shift with ten minutes to eat food and cannot set while you are eating your food, ask to go to the restroom, feet and legs hurt from coninuous standing. Would not recommend Bucees for employment.
Pros
Cons
Standing on feet for 8 hours cannot set down.
It is a horrible place to work
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXJuly 6, 2017
You don't get breaks or lunch. You get a 5 minute stand up moment to eat. You are never allowed to sit. They have a 1 minute late is late and it would be a write up. Has a very bad favoritism problem. The standing causes foot and leg problems. They have a very high turn over. They are over strict with there employee manual. They pay well and expect slave labor. They are always short handed and won't hire enough people they just work the ones the have hard. I wouldn't refer anyone for this job
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buc-ee's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9