Buc-ee's Employee Reviews

cashier
cashier (Former Employee) –  new braunfelsOctober 11, 2015
I was hired as a cashier but I felt discriminated against because they made me waive my constitutional rights when I got hired. They made me sign papers stating I can be tracked by GPS, that they can search me whenever or my vehicle. I thought this was weird for a cashier job.
Pros
pay
Cons
discrimination
paid bills
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXOctober 8, 2015
Was an ideal place to work when it came to the amount you got paid, but the way you are treated there does not out weight that. You really have to stand for your morals and ethics.
it was an awesome job experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, TXJuly 31, 2015
they were very professional and fun and positive. it was an amazing experience and the manager was defiantly very concerned with her employees and if we needed help she helped us.
Cons
could not sit down at all not on break or anything but you get used to it
Awful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXJuly 31, 2015
Unless you enjoy constantly standing on your feet for eight hours with no lunch break and not be allowed to sit, even on your only five minute "moment", don't mind the favoritism of the managers and being forced to do some tasks because others won't, I recommend staying far away. There were so many "white shirts" just walking and standing around chatting I had no idea who the actual manager was. The hardest part was all the physical pain and stress I was constantly in, to the point I couldn't sleep at night. The only thing I enjoyed was the pay, maybe meeting new people. Even then that wasn't enough to stop me from quitting.
Pros
Pay, some camaraderie with co-workers
Cons
No lunch break, no sitting, really conservative dress code
Good paying job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXApril 16, 2015
Working at Buc-ee's is a decent paying job. I love working with my coworkers and interacting with the customers. This company is Micro managed by a lot of low level management who are not trained properly.
Pros
Free drinks all throughout your shift
Cons
1 five minute break in an 8hr shift and you cannot sit down even on that 5 minute break.
n/a
Food Service Employee - Deli (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXMarch 30, 2015
It's an above mediocre job. There is always something to do, there is no real time to stand around. Managers make sure you have a task in every hour or less.
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXFebruary 25, 2015
the hardest part of the job was not getting an actual break. only getting 5 minutes to eat in the back room while standing.
Great workplace, management
Maintenances and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surfside Beach TexasJanuary 24, 2015
A typical day would consist of staying constantly busy it may not always be hard work but their is always work and the pay was amazing.
Pros
free buc-ee's cup and drinks when working. great pay
Cons
short breaks, strict work polices
Productive and FUN workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Texas City, TXSeptember 9, 2014
Well liked cashier rewarding in making customers happy from the time they walk in, to the time they leave the store. All employee's are treated with respect and a family like environment. Kept with a positive attitude, there is no bad part of the work day!
Pros
the regular customers, caring staff, fun and clean environment
Cons
short breaks
A good stepping stone
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXSeptember 2, 2014
It was a good job to have while I was completing my college degree.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
mincro-managing
Bucees Deli
Buc-ees Deli Food Handler (Former Employee) –  Madisonville TxAugust 11, 2014
I didn't like working there. The only reason people will stay at this company is for the pay. Some people forget that is just a gas station at the end of the day and take their job way to serious.
Pros
the pay was good for a local college job
Cons
15 min breaks with more than 8 hours worth of work, late more than a second after you schedule time and you got written up, you only had 3 stikes until fired
Great work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TxJuly 27, 2014
I love this job it was great experience the co-workers was great the hours was great the pay was awesome... because of pervious experience it was anything hard about the job.. the most enjoyable thing about the job was everything from the people I worked with to the management...
Management lacking people skills
cashier (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, Tx.July 11, 2014
Company's satisfaction motto should be applied to their Greatest Asset (Their Employees). Some managers talk down to their employees, which is definitely not a motivator. Employees should never be compared to other employees-this does not build a strong team. Each person has individual talents that could help achieve company goals. Each shift should be equally responsible for their duties. Training or mentoring for job duties is not percise and consistent. Most of the co-workers in the store are not happy with their jobs, but need the pay. This is definitely not a TEAM ORIENTED COMPANY-which motivates employees to work together and accomplish company goals, without the negatism. I am semi-retired and have been over several employees as a Supervisor, and know what builds performance and integrity. Inform the team of the duties and expectations and let them work together to achieve them. If one employee is faster at their job than another, DO NOT CONSTANTLY HAVE THAT EMPLOYEE HAVE TO DO ALL. Thru training, bring all employees to a timely manner. This was a company I thought would be a great place to work-NOT SO!!! VERY DISSAPOINTED WITH MANAGEMENT AND TRAINING.
Monotonous Job
o Cashier (Former Employee) –  Luling, TXJune 29, 2014
* standing at my register waiting on customers
* learned how to interact with many types of people
* management needed to treat employees better
* co-workers were usually easy to get along with
*standing for 8 hours straight
* meeting new people
Cons
short breaks, no employee benefits
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Giddings, TXMay 14, 2014
I enjoyed working at Buc-ee's. I worked with a great group of co-workers. The hardest part of my job was not being able to take a real lunch break. They are considered a convenience store and so there apparently is a law that doesn't require convenient stores to give their employees a lunch or break. We were allowed to take a 5 minute moment and eat something really quick.
I really enjoy working with the public and it was great to ring up their merchandise and talk with them about where they were going or where they had come from.
Pros
good hourly pay
Cons
no lunch break
Needs Help
General Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Luling, TXApril 21, 2014
10 minutes for lunch, no sitting standing for the 8hrs even on lunch
Great money if you like being treated like a scrub
Fudge Confectionist (Former Employee) –  Waller, TXFebruary 21, 2014
Money was great, but people often quit because they were overloaded with responsibilities because other people quit or didn't show up and management refused to hire new people.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no breaks--- take moments
Great energy and fun workplace
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, TXFebruary 6, 2014
As a shift leader, I usually worked 9-10 hours a day. I learned many things including product placement and merchandising. I was involved in inventory control as well. My co-workers were all pretty young considering how close it is to a college town. Management definitely has a desire to help people succeed. The hardest part of the job is not being off on holidays. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with/for.
RETAIL/CASHIER
RETAIL CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXAugust 1, 2013
FAST PACED, FUN, GREAT HARD WORK. ENJOYED ORDERING MERCHENDISE.
Horrible place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TxJune 14, 2013
I wouldn't recommend no one to work for this company. Buc-ee's care nothing about their employees!