Buc-ee's Employee Reviews

Management terrible
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXMarch 22, 2017
worked in maintenance
Learned nothing, taught them things
Terrible management
Bad work environment
Keep management off your back
Getting to go home at the end of the day
Pros
Cons
No lunch breaks, can't sit down to take a break, management thinks they are better than you
Bucees is a Terrible Place to Work!!!
Gift Associate (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TexasMarch 13, 2017
Management is Bad to the Extreme! They do not give one flip about you as an employee. You will be demeaned, electronically monitored, brushed off when you have questions, issues or requests and generally made to feel sub-human. THE PAY IS NOT WORTH IT - RUN THE OTHER WAY!!!
Pros
Big Fat Zero
Cons
The Entire Bucees Employment Experience
Great place to work with resonable hours.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TXMarch 5, 2017
I like working there because it helped me keep money in my pocket while I studied for my test. The hours were really good because I worked from 6am to 2pm and I enjoyed meeting more new people and making friends among coworkers.
Horrible place to work!!!
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXFebruary 18, 2017
Management is horrible, it is a company that does not care about their employees. They only care about keeping the owners rich!!! No job security, no benefits and work morale is horrible. Do yourself a favor and do not get sucked in to this type of environment.
Cons
Overall it's a good place to work
Food prep (Current Employee) –  Texas City, TXFebruary 9, 2017
Pay is good, they give you vacation time that you can either use or cash in, and it's not a bad place to work. The only thing is the deductable you have to reach with insurance...
Worst job I ever had
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXJanuary 27, 2017
The management is absolutely horrible. You get no breaks, only a 10 minute moment. The pay is awesome, but if you need off for family reasons they will not give them to it. They do not work with what you need. No benefits with the merchandise. It says you get 3 weeks paid off but you don't. They have to have the people, but they won't hire anyone.
Pros
Pay
Cons
no breaks, management
learning experience for entry level
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Wharton, TXJanuary 26, 2017
The company does not offer insurance or benefits but they do offer a higher hourly wage than most to compensate for the lack of. I worked there while in my first two years of college and it was okay.
Pros
convenience
Cons
no benefits or insurance
Second best job I ever had
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXJanuary 4, 2017
Loved working there. The people were nice and you got to interact with everyone that walked through the door. Got to learn the workings of a gas station which was awesome.
Pros
Really close to my house
Cons
5 minute breaks. No overtime
productive place with great pay
Deli Attendant (Former Employee) –  Waller, TXDecember 10, 2016
bucees is a productive place where you must be hardworking, and ready to be on your feet your whole shift. Great pay but vey strict with company guidelines.
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
short breaks management can be rude
good pay but very poor management
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Terrell, TXOctober 24, 2016
company is to strict about everything, can't wear but 1 set of earrings in ear, no gum no employee discount, stand on feet for 8 hour's and alot of times not even a moment which u also stand for that.And being honest well ,will just get u fired!!!!!!
Pros
pay
Cons
poor management, and management to busy trying 2 back bite other managers
Fast pace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bastrop, TXOctober 18, 2016
Benefits are amazing, coworkers make work day fun, most managers are nice but rules are strict and everything is done by code.
Benefits
Cons
One 10 min break for lunch
Most of the staff is very friendly & helpful
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXOctober 4, 2016
Never having worked in the food industry I was taken back when you weren't allowed any lunch breaks in an 8 hour shift, what you get is a 10 min. moment to try and eat & collect your thoughts. It would seem as that would or should be against OSHA but I guess not. If they changed that then I would give more stars
Pros
Good money, paid weekly
Cons
No breaks, long extended hours, No breaks
Great, growing company
Employee (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 23, 2016
I have been with Buc-ee's for several months and I love it! The company invests so much in hiring the right employees and rewards those who work hard. Management is constantly working to improve the stores and develop their employees.

With new stores being planned all the time, I cannot wait to see all of the opportunities available in the future.

The long days can be a challenge but the money is great.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
No 401k
No Humanity or Management
Aynonmous (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXJuly 30, 2016
I worked for this company for two years doing multiple jobs from Leadership role to grunt worker,I worked every holiday and weekend and did my best to achieve tasks st for me by my manager. though the pay was great and I loved working with my coworkers and even liked my shift manager management above that was lacking. I got eight minutes to eat which I couldn't complain too much the manual did state we were lucky to even get a break. It was like pulling teeth to get even a few days off for a family vacation almost not even worth the hassel to even get to use your "Paid Time Off". I was later fired for being a minute late THREE times in the span on two years. Hey I'll even give them a year and a half instead of the true two years. But the one thing this company doesn't understand is that LIFE HAPPENS at 20 years old being late only three times is almost a miracle between car problems,family illnesses,school,and even pet deaths.Overall yes Bucee's pays well but know what you will be sacraficing for that pay check.
Pros
Good Pay. Nice Coworkers
Cons
Short "break", Schdueling Battle, Iron Fist Management, No Balance between work and life.
Bucees
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXJuly 28, 2016
Very strict bad environment on some part. They don't always grant you an off day when needed, very strict you cant even be a second late got to come extra early do to the fact that you have park at the end of the parking lot which is a good 2 minute walk into the building and an extra minute just to get into the area where you clock in at.
Fun but strict
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waller, TXJuly 18, 2016
Nice place to work. They pay really well especially for graveyard shift and it's easy to advance to a new position.
Pros
Pays really well
Cons
Break is 10 minutes and you have to stand
Great place to work if you're in it for the money
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Angleton, TXJuly 7, 2016
I make quite a bit of money working for Buc-ee's. However, it doesn't leave me much room for a personal life. The 8 hour shifts seem endless when you don't get much of a break, but the paycheck makes it worth it. If you're a person with a clean background who plays by ALL of the rules, its a great place to work. I haven't had any issues with management. Most of the people I work with are really fun to be around and they make the shift go by faster. The customers are generally nice and understanding if something goes wrong, though there is always the select few who want to make life difficult. Management has always been wonderful when it comes to needing to adjust my schedule. If you're a college student needing some money on the side, it's a great part time job. They'll work around your school schedule. Overall 4/5 stars. I love my job.
Pros
Free drinks on shift, great atmosphere, GREAT PAY
Cons
short/no breaks
the way the store is run
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJune 24, 2016
Immature people, the management is not on spot to take care of the store and personel.They need better work ethics and possibly some classes on customer service and management.
Pros
Co workers were kind, clean store
Cons
poor management, unkind
Gift Associate
Gift Shop Associate (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJune 23, 2016
Your on our feet for eight hours straight sometimes for all the way up to ten days straight usually six to ten. You will rarely get a weekend off and getting Sunday off is a miracle. You get a five minute moment not a meal. Even then I was told in the summer if it gets too busy you will not get that. The gift section you are getting berated by the manager who sits back and eats donuts and chips and unless yelled at the only thing that they do is paperwork and has fun talking to the other managers. They have you on video and audio all the time so you are listened to and watched all the time. Told it doesn't much brains to do your job to everyone but everyone does a losey job. If you hurt yourself they don't care they will blame yourself even if it's was a accident. No thank you no encouragement. They play with your mind and tell you have a chance of getting a team lead position but that is so you will backstab each other while they watch. The whole place is a joke.
Pros
It pays okay
Cons
It's not worth the stuff you have to put up with to do it.
Gas station
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJune 23, 2016
Micro managing company with high turn over rate. Typical day is not so bad if you don't mind the poor management. Typical day at work is routine, repetitive, simple. I learned the importance of teamwork. The hardest part of the job was working outdoors in the heat. The most enjoyable part of the job was the paycheck.
Pros
good pay
Cons
treated terribly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buc-ee's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8