Buc-ees Employee Reviews

great company
Deli team lead (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXDecember 7, 2017
great pay coworkers were very nice and helpful management was fair and distributed work evenly to all employees fast pace work environment was able to meet and interact with customers and built relationships with regulars
Very, very busy and stressful. Good pay.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 26, 2017
Busy. Stressful. Promise of advancement?????? Not enough break time. Pay was good. No benefits; insurance, 401K, sick time. Able to meet a lot of different people in unique situations. Very clean work environment. Very good dress code rules.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Busy. No breaks. No follow thru on advancement.
Bucees
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wharton, TXMay 16, 2017
I loved working at buc-ees. I loved the management and my co workers. They are really strict there but also really fair. This company teaches you how to be punctual and have responsibilities.
Fast paced and tiring.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXMarch 31, 2017
While Buc-ee's was a good job for when I really needed the money, the work is strenuous and difficult. You only get a 5 minute break for a full 8-9 hour shift. There is no where to sit on your break, either. The work isn't necessarily hard in that it's difficult to learn or catch on, it is just very fast paced and you don't get any time to rest unless you use the restroom. To me, it wasn't worth such hard work. They do pay you $14 an hour for food service, but if you are looking for a long term job, I would not recommend this if you want to have a life, too.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Short break, no time to sit
Stable place of work
Team Leader Manager (Current Employee) –  Wharton, TXFebruary 23, 2017
Team Leader of maintenance department. Decent work schedule. Very flexible with needed days off or ext. Fun enthusiastic workers great to be around. Always wants to go to work.
Pros
Strong managment.
Very busy enviroment. cashed out over 600 people a day
Store Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Luling, TXNovember 28, 2016
Its a great place to work. I worked the 6-2 it was super busy. I always worked the front registers. I was one of the fastest. I always welcomed all the customers with no issue.
Pros
always busy
Cons
no breaks no lunches
Good paying job
Deli Attendant (Current Employee) –  Surfside Bch, TXNovember 22, 2016
Great paying job but management will not work with you. I am allergic to the dish sanitizer they use and they force me to use it every day. Refusing to change me to a different position. Bucees, also, does not allow their employees to take breaks. Employees are required to work a full 8 hours without a 15 min or lunch break.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Bad management, no breaks allowed
Fast paced and pays well
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brazoria, TXNovember 7, 2016
I worked there for 5 years. It was overall a great experience and I would highly recommend it to all.The typical day at work was taking care of customers and alot of restocking and cleaning. I loved my co workers and that was what was the hardest part about leaving. My manager was amazing and very lenient when need be yet stern as well to make sure the job got done. The most enjoyable part was the customers. They were amazing . The hardest part of the job was the holidays when there were 200 or more bags of ice to fill
Pros
good pay, fast paced
Cons
health care
Deli
Baker (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXSeptember 12, 2016
I worked in the deli department in New Braunfels, TX. Most managers were more concerned with customer perceptions rather than employee treatment. Pay made it very difficult to leave
Pros
weekly pay and pay rate
Cons
work holidays, high voume
Poor Company
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXSeptember 5, 2016
Managers and owners do not care about their employees. They are replaceable. Your time outside of work does not matter to them.They are top priority, and do not care about family or school.

Want to know more about Buc-ees?

Ask a question
Great pay, management was poor.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXAugust 30, 2016
Typical day: Easy great co-workers to get know. Tons of new people to meet everyday!
Management: Poor, no regards to life outside of work. If you're late 3 times you're to be terminated, doesn't matter if flat tire or any emergency.
Pros
Great pay.
Cons
Trying to do things outside of work.
Biased and unfair
Warehouse/stocker (Former Employee) –  Waller, TXMarch 24, 2016
Well Bucees wanted you to work 8 hrs with only having 10 minutes to eat anything, they don't let you sit down. Bucees is very immature in their employees along with their managers, my faorite part of the job was when i was left alone to do my job. I would come to work and the line to clock in would be so long because we could only clock in 5 minutes before our shift so sometimes people would be late simply because there was too many peoplle to clock in within a 5 minute period. once i would clock in i would be left a mess by the previous warehouse employees to clean up after and they would slag behind and i would have to pick up the slack simply because I would have my work be checked out by a manager. The managers had their flirtatious behaviors with employees even seeing one another and dating eachother. Managers would allow certain people to get away with things that other people couldn't for a job that protest equality and all about the customers and clean bathrooms, the bathrooms were face clean never really cleaned right and with how expensive bucees is they build their buildings very cheap with tiles cracking and cement chipping. The hardest part of my job was getting up and geting there to just deal with the people.
Pros
free fountain drinks
Cons
short breaks, dramatic people, unprofessional practices all around, unrealistic
Buc-ess Sucks
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Waller, TXMarch 21, 2016
Working here sucks, plain and simple. Zero job security. Management is horrible.

It seems that this company wants to set their employees up to fail. So quick to fire for the smallest things such as being 1-minute late. You can only be late to work twice in six months. I could go on and on and on about how horrible a company Bucc-ees is but I have better things to do.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXAugust 13, 2015
I absolutely loved working for this company. I enjoyed our customers, employees, and bosses. They were very helpful and honest.
Not an place I would recommend working.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXJuly 29, 2015
I would say its a nice place to shop and stop while traveling but not for working. Not a long enough break if you even got a break within your 8 hour shift.
It is a decent paying job with some fun people.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, TXJuly 21, 2015
I would receive the products from each vender that came in that day and stock what was needed. I learned how to keep a good inventory as well as drive a forklift. I made some good friends and the management is just like everywhere else some good some bad.
Pros
Paid every friday, set hours.
Cons
No lunch break, no set days, didn't know work schedule until the week of
culture of distrust / poor benefits/ great co workers
Food Service Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Luling, TXJuly 14, 2015
very fast paced operation, the importance of team ,the environment temp ect. The people customers are great , co workers great for the most part.
Fun place to work, very busy on weekends
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, TXMay 13, 2015
I love working at Buc-ees, I work the 6-2 morning shift and it works with my life balance very well. I have the rest of the day to do whatever I need to have done. I have gained more customer experience as well as money handling. I have been very familiar with customer service experience and money handling for 7 years.
Pros
pay is great!
Cons
short breaks
Life at Buc-ees
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, TXMay 12, 2015
I truly enjoyed working at a place customers loved to visit. My co-workers and managers are like family and encouraged me the whole time I was working and attending school. My managers was very understanding and was very flexible with my schedule so that I could be able to focus on school and get my full 40 hours and overtime when possible. I learned how to work under pressure, time management, increased my communication skills, how to be a better co-worker and leader, importance of quality over quantity, how to be a good manager, and how important great customer service is.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
short breaks
This place is very professional
cashier (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, TXApril 14, 2015
A typical day at work and taking care of Customers.. helping them in what is best. Having a clean facility and friendly staff.
Pros
everything!
Cons
short lunch break