Buca di Beppo Employee Reviews

Deceiving
Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 16, 2017
Low hourly pay not balanced off with tips received. Just not worth the time. Management has to be fair about hours and schedules given to employees. Go work elsewhere.
Awesome
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange, CANovember 15, 2017
Awesome place to work and great people too. The employees and cliental are both worth working here for. Ongoing training, great incentives and wonderful experience.
Fast pace but fun
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Macon, GANovember 6, 2017
working at Buca was fun. It was very fast paced, but the team was like a family and always helped each other. the managers were always very helpful. and the benefits were nice.
Pros
awesome work family
Cons
fast pace, stressful
Great Place to Work
Pantry cook (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAOctober 31, 2017
Great place to work, I would highly recommend it to a friend. I got 40 hours per week, which is what I wanted. Everyone was very nice to each other. I very much enjoyed it.
Catering Sales Manager
Banquet and Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 23, 2017
The food was great for the price, my corporate clients loved it and how I would cater to their needs. I enjoyed setting up events, working with the FHM, and my coordinator as well as the kitchen staff , watiers and drivers. I have no other comments.
Better companys out there to work for
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 23, 2017
not a great company to work for. cooperate office has no idea how bad all the units run. Employees are not treated with respect by most management and no support from cooperate side when things get broken.
Great atmosphere all around
Busser/Server (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTOctober 11, 2017
I loved my time there, unfortunately it was only a temporary gig. Other than that it was pretty basic in terms of working and the duties that were required of me.
Corrupt managemnt
Managing Partner (Former Employee) –  near philadelphiaOctober 7, 2017
Once a great company with aa great founder which self imploded from the President down with many issues including major violations with the SEC.
Many high ranking officers found improperly handling company's assets.
Pros
managimg partner
Cons
self induced downfall of company by upper mgmt.
It is a very fun place to be.
Server (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 2, 2017
Buca is a high-energy, fast-paced work environment. It can get very hectic very quick but the tips make up for everything. The clientele can be annoying sometimes- they expect a standup comedian for a server but, hey, it is what it is. I recommend it.
Pros
Fun time
Cons
easy for things to go south
Not a very good company.
Server (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYSeptember 26, 2017
I was a server for the Florence location. We had many managers come and go in the 6 months I worked there. When I first started we had steady business, but during the summer it slowed down quite a bit. I do not work for the company anymore because they waited until the day they closed their doors to the public to inform the employees that they no longer had jobs. There was no heads up that they were closing, yet the managers were aware of the situation.
Fun Place to work
LINE COOK (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CASeptember 25, 2017
Fun fast paced working environment.you have your slow days there but most of the time you always have something to do. You're alway busy but its not stressfull
Wonderful work enviroment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Utica, MISeptember 19, 2017
Buca di Beppo was a great working place it had it's ups and downs but that happens anywhere weather your at work or at home or simply hanging out with family or friends but overall when i look back on my experiences there it was a great place to work my coworkers were great i still keep in contact with them to this day i learned so much in the kitchen that it even improved my life at home i will forever be thankful for the opportunity and teachings they provided me
Pros
Great people, great food.
Cons
Were open everyday of the year that means all Holidays.
This was the best job i ever had. It jus wasntmy career
Head Hostess (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 16, 2017
Working at a place that's big on celebratory dining, was very complimenting to my personality. It was a very fast paced job but also exciting to interact and entertain customers... it jus wasn't nt something i wanted to do for the rest of my life
hostess
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CASeptember 15, 2017
As a hostess i gladly enjoy giving the clients the best service i can receive. I would also help servers get their job done by helping them. i also enjoy the view of the beach.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Great Italian food and WInes
Pisano Partner (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 11, 2017
Homemade from scratch recipes that are made daily. Eclectic Italian decor with great music. Staff is great and friendly. Portions are big and meant for sharing. So bring and appetite.
Pros
Great food and music
Cons
portions are huge need to share.
Basic restaurant industry
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 7, 2017
Buca di Beppo is like any other casual, family restaurant. The nights are long, but the money is good. Management was always up and down throughout the two years that I have been here. Holidays were always crazy, but like every restaurant industry it has it's pros and cons.
Train Wreck
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXSeptember 6, 2017
Horrific company that does not care about their employees from the busser, to the line cook, to the chef, to the managers and beyond. They have horrible relationships with all of their purveyors to the point that they stopped doing business with us. In other words corporate didnt pay their bills. Owing multiple food purveyors $30,000+ plus in back invoices. Corporate is so disconnected and does not care about the guest at all. Just push out food no matter the situation. Forget about guest satisfaction lets just give out more coupons. They are the worst company I have ever been associated with and also a large portion of the menu is frozen product from Sysco. Also, they are open 365 days a year so forget about family.
fun place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 1, 2017
It's a serving job. It's what you'd expect. This place wasn't terrible. One of the better serving jobs I've had. I'd go back if I had to. It was fun.
Buca was mostly a good place to work.
Shift Supervisor/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDAugust 25, 2017
The shifts at Buca were pretty reasonable and we stayed busy on the weekends. The opportunity for career advancement is there if you work hard enough. The GM was a jerk, but after he left the restaurant it was much more pleasant. Unfortunately, our location closed down due to budget cuts. If it had not closed I would definitely still work there.
Super Fun Atmosphere
Sales & Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 21, 2017
This is a fantastic place to work! I love the atmosphere and all around company. It was just time to advance and didn't want to move to FL. I would highly recommend working for Buca di Beppo!
Pros
Great Food
Cons
Not many

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buca di Beppo. Our community is ready to answer.