Buca di Beppo Employee Reviews

Fast paced and fun environment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 3, 2016
Working at a busy restaurant was one of the best experiences because of all the customers and staff. Everyone was enthusiastic and very friendly.
Restaurant Experience
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 28, 2016
I have over a decade of customer service experience, and I have been working at Buca di Beppo for the past three months, which has given me knowledge of the restaurant industry. I am interested in being a server, because I enjoy interacting people and being a part of a team.
Fast Paced Work Environment
Server/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 27, 2016
My typical day at work was an extremely fast paced work place. I learned the true meaning of multi tasking and organization. The management was very informative, but not as personable because we had such a large staff and a huge restaurant that they had to look over. There was a great deal of team work with my co-workers because we had to deal with such large parties and events together. The hardest part of my job was trying to keep everything organized and concentrate on many large parties all at once on a daily basis. This particular restaurant was always busy every night, so it was a little exhausting. The most enjoyable part of my job was ending each shift with a significant amount of money, knowing that I earned it.
Pros
Great Money
Cons
Commute
Upper management no appreciation for the lower managament or hourly staff
General Manager/Paisano (Current Employee) –  Campbell, CAJanuary 20, 2016
No appreciation from upper management.
Required to work long hours on all holidays without any appreciation.
Bonus structure is non.
Pros
the hourly crew which I supervise are great people. The HOH work very hard.
Cons
difficult to take days off during holiday and any day of week due to lack of managers in system.
This restaurant is a Disaster.
Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 4, 2016
Understaffed on every shift. As a new employee you'll be treated as a burden. Food is slopped together without care. Management has no respect for their team. There were a few staff members who bought into the 'familia' shtick but most everyone didn't care about what they were doing. Buca di Beppo will squeeze everything they can get out of you and spit you out. If you haven't got much experience, go ahead, they'll test you. If you can work throughout the kitchen, don't bother, you won't get what they're selling you.
Pros
They offer direct deposit
Cons
Aggressive Micromanagers won't properly train you, and they will belittle you for not knowing protocol.
fast paced
Host/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 26, 2015
Busy restaurant. very stressful environment.
I answer phones and seat customers. I also help servers run food. hardest part is how fast paced and busy it gets and working holidays.
The most enjoyable were my co workers
Pros
Cons
no breaks. 12 hour shifts with no breaks. mandatory to work holidays
Short Staffed
anonymous (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaDecember 8, 2015
Constantly short staffed and high turnover. 28 hour rule makes it that hourly employees are not allowed to work more than 28 hours a week to avoid offering benefits. Consistency is missing because of lack of retention. Management disorganized. Not a priority to get support staff hired in a timely manner. The concept is fun, but we are always out of supplies & staff.
Pros
Can make money
Cons
disorganized managers, short staff, stressful
a+ company
cook (Former Employee) –  Lehigh Valley, PANovember 11, 2015
It was a very good and steady place to work. enjoyed my time working for the company. would definitely still seek employment if I still lived in the area.
Buca
Host, Server (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 6, 2015
Nice company to work for. Fun atmosphere and coworkers. Good pay compared to other restaurants. Management was good. Hardest part of the job was handling all the guests sometimes.
Pros
Good company, fun atmosphere
Cons
Not guaranteed breaks, long hours, stingy corporate
Productive and fun enviroment
Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 6, 2015
Fast paced, fun upbeat family style Italian restaurant. Consitantly busy, large and small banquets offered. Unique unusual decor, great place for a party.
Buca di beppo
Sous chef (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 28, 2015
One of the best place I work in my life . they paid good and they give to you all . Free weekend some times and much more.
Buca is good place to work .
Great Place to Work
Bartender Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 17, 2015
Its a great place to work with little benefits and required to work holidays. Managers are great and its a great place to learn aswell as get experience.
A busy family restaurant
Hostess/Takeout/Server (Former Employee) –  Brea, CASeptember 10, 2015
There was a high volume of calls, scheduling reservations, taking orders over the phone for pick ups and deliveries.
It was a very fast restaurant and there was always something to do. Be it your own tasks for the day as well as helping out a fellow coworker.
You get out what you put in.
Host, W.A., Server, dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 2, 2015
If you like a low pressure slow paced dull as dish water job then this place is not for you. Buca Di Beppo has high standards when it comes to customer service and relations. The saying you get out what you put in is put to the test when you work at Buca, you want to make over $100 during a 4 hour shift then you better get moving quick. Builds character, helps you with confidence, a great learning and growing experience. You want to be taken seriously and make good money, then be ready to work very hard. I would recommend it for anyone who wants to go into sales and customer service for a career.
Pros
very competitive, discounts on food, great staff, good energy environment.
Cons
very competitive, short breaks.
Face paced enviorment with great coworkers
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 2, 2015
It was a very fast-paced at Buca Di Beppo. I was able to utilize my customer service and communication skills among my patrons. I also tapped in to my multitasking ability to balance tending to the bar, the tables that surrounded the bar, and to-go orders as well. That was definitely the hardest part of the job, It was rewarding, however, at the end of the day when you could see the payment for how are you worked. Management was very fluid and they came in and out. Overall, the company transitioned very well. The best part of the job was the coworkers who have now become life long friends.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
management
Fun environment and good money
Service Trainer/ Bartender (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 26, 2015
Great place to work if you want to have fun and go outside the box.
Flexible schedules and not a complicated menu and prices drive up the sales.
Produtive workplace
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Terry, MSAugust 21, 2015
Productive & family friendly environment .
I enjoy working with my colleagues , they make the experience fun and exciting . Mangers were really welcoming and open to listen to all problems. Great place to work
Not a good place to work
Prep/Pizza Cook (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDAugust 21, 2015
This place had the worst management I have ever had. The kitchen was extremely crowded and they don't have any business because of the location its in.
Great Place to work.
Server & Waiter Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 20, 2015
I've been working at Buca Di Beppo for a little over a year. I'm 22 and this was my first experience in the restaurant industry. I'm a college student whose entirely independent in terms of financially.

With that perspective I'd like to say I really enjoyed working at Buca Di Beppo. The Management was amazing!! All the managers were really friendly and actually work as hard as the employees to satisfy the customers. The head Chef was an a** but nobody's perfect. The FOH had a lot of cool people but I felt as if some people had been there for TOO long and became to comfortable and were lazy at times. Sometimes the management need a little more backbone and bring down the hammer on those guys in the FOH. Meanwhile in the BOH there was a lot of turn over in terms of those working in the back. Lot of people got fired or left.

The Compensation was good. I worked as a Busser for a year an I walked away most nights with $60-$100 most nights. When the holidays came I walked away with $90-$170 a night. I worked 3 days a week for about 16 hours total. It worked well with my school schedule but not with my social life because I closed Weekends (Fri - Sun).
FUN IN THE CITY
Lead Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  DOWNTOWN INDIANAPOLISAugust 13, 2015
HAD THE PLEASURE OF WORKING WITH A GREAT TEAM. THE MANAGMENT CHANGED CONSTINTLY, IN WHICH BECAME A PROBLEM FOR THE STAFF.
Pros
DOWNTOWN LOCATION
Cons
MANAGMENT CHANGES ALOT