Buca di Beppo Employee Reviews

Family place.
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Studio City, CAFebruary 9, 2017
working at Buca was the best time of my life. Very hard work walking up and down 28 stairs all day long was quit a workout but it taught me some of the biggest life lessons i can have.
good place
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNFebruary 7, 2017
Corporate dining facilities that produce good American Italian cuisines. The most exciting part of the job was to be able to "create" for the Chefs table.
Fun workplace the food is impeccable
Sous Chef/Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJanuary 29, 2017
Great for starting cooks as it teaches the mother sauces and everything is made from scratch I loved to work there because of that
Fun work enviroment while staying busy
Server (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJanuary 24, 2017
Meeting new guests daily, socializing with them and co-workers, keeping up with the fast pace environment while being aware of everything that is going on throughout the restaurant. Managing to multi-task through out the work shift.
Pros
Discounts on Food
Cons
Work on the Holidays
Great people
Hostess/Server (Current Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAJanuary 19, 2017
Really great people always trying to help everyone out. Manager is really nice, food is really good. Never a boring day at Buca, really apply great people
Pros
Great people
Laid back Italian restaurant
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Encino, CAJanuary 19, 2017
Great management and coworkers. Easy menu to memorize. The hardest part is lifting heavy trays and working every holiday.
fun and exciting but company veered away from its roots
Server (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJanuary 18, 2017
I enjoyed my time with Buca di Beppo. It had a family owned business feel with great, made from scratch menu items. The company started losing its clientele when they tried changing something that wasnt broken.
Family style dinning, Italian style food, very close to my home
Server (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INJanuary 11, 2017
This was/is my first serving job. I absolutely love it, I'm very much a people person, talking is very easy to me! As well as building rapport and creating lifetime guests.
Typical days at work is just taking care of my tables and side duties. I've learned how hard servers work, and how to manage time very well as well as manage my money for bills, especially due to the inconsistency.
There's always some sort of drama at work no matter where you go, it's just a little more so with servers! Especially on slow days
Pros
Good restaurant, good money, family style dinning
Cons
Running like a chicken with your head cut off!
Family Enviroment
Server (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 9, 2017
Buca was my second home. I enjoyed going to work everyday. We were more like a family. The hardest part was learning tray service but they worked with you and taught you the ropes.
Decent Place to Work
Dishwasher/Utility (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHJanuary 7, 2017
Nice place to work. Good staff. Needs more opportunity for growth and advancement as well as more raises. Other than these things this is a great place to work if looking for employment.
Pros
Half off and understanding management
Cons
No raises and low hours
Ups and Downs
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLJanuary 5, 2017
Working at Buca Di Beppo is like any restaurant, it has its ups and also has its downs. When I first started, we had an excellent management team and the store was doing great business. My coworkers were quite enjoyable, however management has unfortunately become a tad less helpful. The store is quite often understaffed, to the point where even guests had noticed and had been impacted from it. I definitely gained great communication and customer service skills from working there.
Pros
Salary, coworkers
Cons
Hours, workload, management
Hard Work, but Busy in Winter
Server and Hostess (Current Employee) –  Pineville, NCJanuary 3, 2017
A server here has to carry extremely heavy trays and be able to handle large parties. The popular family-style dining caters to banquets or big parties coming in which is good for the money, but very fast-paced. Must work all holidays- and work hard at that. Holidays are often booked solid with reservations that walk-ins are not allowed. However, this calls for large waitstaff which can be frustrating during the slow months. Must be able to work under pressure and multitask extremely well.
Used to be great
Employee (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 30, 2016
This company used to be really awesome. However, I recently learned that even after 3+ years of hard work, they won't promote from within, so essentially, don't work for this company if you want to advance.
Love the customers hate management
Multiple Positions (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 29, 2016
I love Buca Di Beppo customers and most of my co-workers. But Buca does not care about the employees just the money that comes in. It's like they ignore when it comes to the welfare of the employees and focus solely on sales. We all work double shifts and we all multi task doing jobs that aren't ours because they're always understaffed and they don't care because we the team go above and beyond to get the job done just to make the day go by easier. A lot of customers are always upset and complain to management about employees but little do they know employees hands are tied and are only doing what management makes us do. I hate Buca di beppo.
Pros
Meet great people
Cons
Over worked and under paid
Italian Restaurant
Busser (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CADecember 28, 2016
I learned how to work really hard here, the place would get overwhelmed with people and since I was a busser I had to clean and maintain all of the tables. The managers were nice but they could have been better. The atmosphere was always positive and my co workers were super nice to me which was a plus. The hardest part was to close the restaurant.
Pros
Free Lunch
The People the Management make this place!
Server and Bartender (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 23, 2016
The actual coworkers and the management of this place make this place amazing! The management is excellent at treating those of us that have been there longer with better parties and promotions. They are very good at recognizing our efforts and understanding what we go through when it comes to the amount of HIGH volume Buca Di Beppo recieves.
Productive and fun place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Encino, CADecember 14, 2016
I was work dishwasher salad and pizza station
Was work 20 25 hours a day
I,d worked wendsday true Sunday
My manager is nice person
Pros
Uniform free and clean every day
Cons
Nice break time por launch
My time as a Banquet Server
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 12, 2016
My time at Buca di Beppo was new and fun. I was a Banquet Server who served large parties and regular guest. Before I left I then was asked to work as a Host. I then begin seating people and any large parties that were already reserved.
Pros
U could eat some of the food if it was okay
Cons
Take breaks and eat other foods outside of work
fun environment to work in
Server (Current Employee) –  Campbell, CADecember 12, 2016
management is good work is pretty easy. Focused on customer service and efficiency. ok place to work,co-workers were nice.
Great coworkers
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 5, 2016
The servers are all very nice. Other hosts were very helpful in the training process. I really enjoyed them, they made working at Buca di Beppo fun. I enjoyed every day with my team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buca di Beppo. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9