Buca di Beppo Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Kitchen Supervisor/Sauté Chef (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 22, 2013
Great place to work. I come in make the prep sheets for each station. Make sure every station is ready for revenue. Check and make sure the cooks uniforms are clean and proper. I have learned FOH and BOH standard when dealing with guest. I work with fairly good co workers. I have no problems giving out orders and they are followed. The hardest part of the job is when we are short staffed but at the same time i love it because i love a challenge. I love to interact with people and doing this job allows me to do that.
Pros
great food
Cons
not really any cons.
Fun and stressfull all at the same time.
Cashier/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Reading PennsylvaniaApril 9, 2013
A typical day was busy, busy busy. I learned alot about time management and organization. This job required thinking on your feet, dealing with customers yelling at you, reservations and ensuring tables were done and ready and problem solving skills. Management was great and very supportive. My coworkers were fun and helpful. The hardest part of my job was the getting yelled at all the time by customers, but then it was enjoyable to seat them and them then coming out and saying thank you.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
not being able to have an off day, always having to be spot on.
Great Concept for family dining
Server and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJune 19, 2013
Learned a lot about family style Italian dining learned a lot about wines and paring them developed customer service skills and developed many guest and employee relationships. Strictly seasonal atmosphere very slow during off season high volume during season. co workers very friendly and fun to work with. Hardest part of job is handling multiple larger tables at once. Enjoyed mostly the money during season and friendly co workers. Management tends to change frequently more "Family" like then professional like at times but overall OK
Pros
fun co workers great pay during season
Cons
tends to fall apart during maximum volme also high volume of management change
Fun place to work, nice families
Hostess- part-time evenings (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 11, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of me greeting people and logging them into the computer, figuring out what tables are ready to be sat by doing a table run, Giving a tour of the Kitchen/Restaurant. I Learned a good amount about Italian food. The Management was okay, could use a little help organizing. Hardest part of the job was holidays when we had a ton of families that wanted to be sat at a specific time and couldn't understand why they couldn't be. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customer service I provided.
Fun place to work until the change in ownership/management
Server (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 10, 2013
This was a great company to work for until it was bought by a different company. They started hiring and firing the wrong people that were an asset to the company, and hired people who embarrassed and shamed the company and it's equality towards the staff. All in all it slowly went down hill.
Pros
family meals/meetings to get everyone on the same page, a very busy venue
Cons
team service, management was unprofessional, new owners changed everything about the menu, and instead of being "family" you were just another numbered employee
Organized and fun workplace
Bartender, Server Trainer (Current Employee) –  Norwood, OHSeptember 29, 2012
I manage the bar while keeping everything stocked, neat, clean, organized, and help bar guests and make drinks for the entire restaurant. I have learned management, organizational, and multitasking skills. I enjoy working with most of my co-workers and get along with all of them. The hardest part of the job would be doing all the tasks required in a timely manner: getting drinks made, helping guests, keeping everything organized and clean. The most enjoyable part of the job is probably the co-workers. Liking who I work with really helps with the job and makes working more fun.
Pros
co-workers, fun environment
Cons
no overtime, benefits, healthcare
Buca
dishwasher (Former Employee) –  reading,p.aJuly 13, 2015
Well the day started with you jumping right to work. It wasnt never really a busy place. Friday-Sunday is when it saw its busiest days. Co-workers are kinda friendly,Management were too friendly and the uniform sucked. The hardest parto f the job was not being able to get a free meal. The most enjoyable to me personally were the women other than that i would of quit a long time ago.
Pros
Cons
no lunch, long hours standing, dirty dishes
unpredicable
Waitress/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 8, 2015
Your day depends on the new GMs attitude. Sometimes things seem to be okay while others you feel like your being belittled by some people you work with. I personally just try to keep to myself and get my job done and make sure my guest are taken care of because at the end of the day that's really all that matters.
Pros
during the hoildays when you work they provide lunch for all the empolyees.
Cons
When you work normal days and have doubles you dont get brakes nor do the provide lunch for you.
Nice enviornment with very long hours
Paisano Partner (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAFebruary 12, 2015
Productive place however, too many work hours, sometime working 7 day a week. No job security for any one. Great environment and good food.

Coming into work early around seven and leaving around mid-night brings down the productivity for the managers.
There are no hard parts in the job everything is achievable, due to the kind of menu a full time Sales Manager is needed on the property.

Great co-workers and Managers.
Pros
friendly envoirnment
Cons
need marketing
Excellent Company to work for!
Panty, Prep., Dishwasher, Facilities (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CAJuly 16, 2014
Great Company to work for. Hard work and must be quick, but that is the restaurant life. Everyone at Buca di Beppo is very nice, they work with you to put you in the best position for you. Also cross train you to help out in other positions when needed. Everyone works together to make your dinning experience the best you can have. Co-workers are all hard workers but yet you can still have fun and do your job at the same time. The co-workers and management team will be friends for years to come.
High level of dining experience and fun work environment.
Lead Host (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 17, 2014
Supervise and coordinate dining room activities to provide fast and courteous service to guests, including scheduling large reservations and arranging parties and/or special experiences for guests. Maintain the first and last impression of the establishment by making guests feel welcomed and valued. Assist with handling orders and side tasks for servers, managing customer complaints, and
working closely with management.
Pros
meal discount and good work ethic instilled.
Cons
very fast paced workplace (for those who prefer a laid back work environment).
Family Style Dining in a Unique Atmosohere
Server/Catering/Take Out Trainer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 1, 2015
Buca is a typical chain in they are all about getting your guests to spend as much as they can and then getting them out as soon as possible. You can make a good amount of money depending on your section. Many banquets go through this business. This isn't a bad place to work if you don't mind being a faceless drone.
Pros
ability to transfer to tons of locations if you move
Cons
working on all holidays (xmas, thanksgiving, etc.)
Great Co-Workers, Family Atmosphere
Waiter’s Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJune 11, 2012
I worked at Buca Di Beppo for a summer and overall I enjoyed it. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers and most of the managers I enjoyed working with as well. I would say the hardest part of this job was mainly physical due to being on your feet for long periods of time. In addition, I would say this job enhanced my communication skills and helped me with team related activities.
Pros
free lunch and great co-workers
Cons
listening to the same 4 songs all day
Buca was not only a great career, but a home.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMay 17, 2015
When I went into work everyday, I was greeted by family members that were genuine, hard working people. It was an honor to work them all. During my time there, I learned the importance of being a knowledgeable, compassionate leader. The most enjoyable aspect of my career was being able to provide staff with the fantastically competitive, and rewarding environment in which their ability to be successful was the main objective.
Over worked, under paid, and no compensation for time in
Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando FloridaMay 14, 2015
The company strives on establishing a never ending list of quotas, standards, and budgetary restrictions, but does not give the resources to accomplish the goals. You must work all holidays including Christmas and Thanksgiving, but the compensation is not worth the time put in away from your family. The expected work week is 55-70, but you are only paid for 40 hours put in. If there is a shortage of mgmt., which there usually is, 80+ hours is normal, but with no financial compensation.
Very fun and family oriented workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJanuary 29, 2015
On a typical day of work I would clock-in and immediately head to the host stand and start working. First I would figure out what servers are working and what sections they are working and what table I would place the guest when they came in. I learned how to roll silverware, how to give tours of Buca Di Beppo, and how to serve tables when the help is needed. The most enjoyable part of my job is keeping the guests happy and full and also being around my coworkers.
Worst place I've ever worked
Cook (Former Employee) –  Utica, MIFebruary 14, 2015
i have held a few jobs and this was the worst I have ever been at. The management sucked and the other employees were stuck up and thought they were better than everyone else. ZERO teamwork at the location I worked at. The current manager calls himself Jesus. The company doesn't hold any promises and when you need something, it NEVER gets done. I would never recommend this job to anyone.
Cons
horrible schedules, poor management, lazy employees, and the list goes on
bad place to work
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 8, 2014
Basically you will work quite a bit the first month you are there then they will cut your hours to the point where you are only working one day a week. I am currently only getting about ten hours a week. The management is horrible and they seem like they do not care about their employees. There is nothing I enjoy about my job anymore.
Pros
they work with my school schedule
Cons
they refuse to give employees benefits unless you are full time, they only allow four people to be full time.
sexist company that doesn't care about employees
chef partner (Former Employee) –  INJanuary 2, 2014
I worked for the company for 10 years, and although eventually got into management, was offered $20,000 less than men with less experience and education. I later found that I was not the only woman who experienced this. company showed no concern for their employees and expected managers to work 60-70 hours/week. provided little to no support from corporate. company clearly going down hill.
Pros
good insurance
Cons
company going out of business
Not to much structure and no leadership
Server (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas ExcaliberMarch 27, 2013
There hasn't been a gm at this location in four months; therefore, it is slowly becoming chaotic to work there. Sometimes there isn't a manager on the floor during the day and at night there is only one most of the time- and there isn't any type of positive atmosphere created. The co-workers are the best aspect of the job as many of us were hired together as original hires of this newer location.
Pros
union/ benefits
Cons
no leadership, no advancement