Buca di Beppo Employee Reviews

My time as a Banquet Server
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 12, 2016
My time at Buca di Beppo was new and fun. I was a Banquet Server who served large parties and regular guest. Before I left I then was asked to work as a Host. I then begin seating people and any large parties that were already reserved.
Pros
U could eat some of the food if it was okay
Cons
Take breaks and eat other foods outside of work
Fun, but open on holidays
Host/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 15, 2016
Very Stresssful
open 365 days a year
not a positive environment
Management doesn't seem to care much
Cooks are rude

Very slow during the day and not much to do so i get bored very easily
Pros
free food
Cons
very long hours
Fun work enviroment while staying busy
Server (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJanuary 24, 2017
Meeting new guests daily, socializing with them and co-workers, keeping up with the fast pace environment while being aware of everything that is going on throughout the restaurant. Managing to multi-task through out the work shift.
Pros
Discounts on Food
Cons
Work on the Holidays
Fun, Family, and Meatballs.
Host for front of house/ occasional server (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 3, 2016
I worked for this restaurant for a year, and in that year i learned so much about how a restaurant is operated. The staff is caring and inviting. they will go the extra mile to insure that a guest is taken well care of.
Pros
Great fun, lots to learn.
Cons
Prepare for the holidays...
Used to be great
Employee (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 30, 2016
This company used to be really awesome. However, I recently learned that even after 3+ years of hard work, they won't promote from within, so essentially, don't work for this company if you want to advance.
fun and exciting but company veered away from its roots
Server (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJanuary 18, 2017
I enjoyed my time with Buca di Beppo. It had a family owned business feel with great, made from scratch menu items. The company started losing its clientele when they tried changing something that wasnt broken.
Family place.
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Studio City, CAFebruary 9, 2017
working at Buca was the best time of my life. Very hard work walking up and down 28 stairs all day long was quit a workout but it taught me some of the biggest life lessons i can have.
Great people
Hostess/Server (Current Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAJanuary 19, 2017
Really great people always trying to help everyone out. Manager is really nice, food is really good. Never a boring day at Buca, really apply great people
Pros
Great people
Great coworkers
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 5, 2016
The servers are all very nice. Other hosts were very helpful in the training process. I really enjoyed them, they made working at Buca di Beppo fun. I enjoyed every day with my team.
Family Enviroment
Server (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 9, 2017
Buca was my second home. I enjoyed going to work everyday. We were more like a family. The hardest part was learning tray service but they worked with you and taught you the ropes.
Productive and fun place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Encino, CADecember 14, 2016
I was work dishwasher salad and pizza station
Was work 20 25 hours a day
I,d worked wendsday true Sunday
My manager is nice person
Pros
Uniform free and clean every day
Cons
Nice break time por launch
Fun workplace the food is impeccable
Sous Chef/Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJanuary 29, 2017
Great for starting cooks as it teaches the mother sauces and everything is made from scratch I loved to work there because of that
It was a learning experience
Prep Cook/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDJuly 5, 2016
It was fun and good learning experiences since I had culinary art experience. I was their prep girl and was always the person they can count on. The hardest part for me was I ended up being the only prep person in the back which I did not find enjoyable at all due to the amount of work the y put on me. I know it has changed since a new manager is running it now. But I did enjoy when people compliment on my prepping, even the guest as well with how perfectly round the meatballs are and the flavors that i mixed well into it.
Pros
free food, good learning experience
Cons
short on staff
good place
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNFebruary 7, 2017
Corporate dining facilities that produce good American Italian cuisines. The most exciting part of the job was to be able to "create" for the Chefs table.
Great Place to work.
Server & Waiter Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 20, 2015
I've been working at Buca Di Beppo for a little over a year. I'm 22 and this was my first experience in the restaurant industry. I'm a college student whose entirely independent in terms of financially.

With that perspective I'd like to say I really enjoyed working at Buca Di Beppo. The Management was amazing!! All the managers were really friendly and actually work as hard as the employees to satisfy the customers. The head Chef was an a** but nobody's perfect. The FOH had a lot of cool people but I felt as if some people had been there for TOO long and became to comfortable and were lazy at times. Sometimes the management need a little more backbone and bring down the hammer on those guys in the FOH. Meanwhile in the BOH there was a lot of turn over in terms of those working in the back. Lot of people got fired or left.

The Compensation was good. I worked as a Busser for a year an I walked away most nights with $60-$100 most nights. When the holidays came I walked away with $90-$170 a night. I worked 3 days a week for about 16 hours total. It worked well with my school schedule but not with my social life because I closed Weekends (Fri - Sun).
Easy opportunities for advancement in company
Lead Host (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAFebruary 16, 2016
Buca's holds a fast paced environment, where I have been able to fully develop skills needed in any work place. Management here is absolutely incredible and professional, also every employee is treated like family, we are all kind to each other and for the most part are also really good friends. The hardest part of this job is probably trying to appease every single individual that walks through are doors, however on the flip side that can also be the most fun portion of this job. Making are guests happy to the point that they actually take the time to come back to my desk and commend me for my efforts, feels nice :)
Pros
Occasionally we are fed during "Family", a night where the managers have the cooks make us something delicious off the menu, also 50% any menu item excluding alcohol
Cons
everyone works holidays, and strenuous work hours
Upper management no appreciation for the lower managament or hourly staff
General Manager/Paisano (Current Employee) –  Campbell, CAJanuary 20, 2016
No appreciation from upper management.
Required to work long hours on all holidays without any appreciation.
Bonus structure is non.
Pros
the hourly crew which I supervise are great people. The HOH work very hard.
Cons
difficult to take days off during holiday and any day of week due to lack of managers in system.
life in the day of buca
Host/ Server/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZMarch 22, 2016
Having worked with this company going on to my 5th year of employment I have received most my skills being there. How to multi-task, excellent customer service, money management, supervisory role. I have met a lot of people some I have known for many years to the last day I worked there. Hardest part about this company was the turnover in management so it also had a major turnover of employees. I loved worked with my friends everyday and work very hard to provide for my family.
Pros
gained major skills
Cons
extreme turnover in management
great company
Chef Partner (Current Employee) –  mdDecember 1, 2016
good company to work for, scratch kitchen, structured recipes, great employees, lots of support from DVP, 2 days off a week.
Fast paced
Line cook (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 19, 2016
New store managers are doing a good job. They are helpful with keeping my schedule consistent. The dining room is very decorative.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buca di Beppo. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9