Buca di Beppo Employee Reviews

Basic restaurant industry
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 7, 2017
Buca di Beppo is like any other casual, family restaurant. The nights are long, but the money is good. Management was always up and down throughout the two years that I have been here. Holidays were always crazy, but like every restaurant industry it has it's pros and cons.
Train Wreck
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXSeptember 6, 2017
Horrific company that does not care about their employees from the busser, to the line cook, to the chef, to the managers and beyond. They have horrible relationships with all of their purveyors to the point that they stopped doing business with us. In other words corporate didnt pay their bills. Owing multiple food purveyors $30,000+ plus in back invoices. Corporate is so disconnected and does not care about the guest at all. Just push out food no matter the situation. Forget about guest satisfaction lets just give out more coupons. They are the worst company I have ever been associated with and also a large portion of the menu is frozen product from Sysco. Also, they are open 365 days a year so forget about family.
fun place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 1, 2017
It's a serving job. It's what you'd expect. This place wasn't terrible. One of the better serving jobs I've had. I'd go back if I had to. It was fun.
Buca was mostly a good place to work.
Shift Supervisor/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDAugust 25, 2017
The shifts at Buca were pretty reasonable and we stayed busy on the weekends. The opportunity for career advancement is there if you work hard enough. The GM was a jerk, but after he left the restaurant it was much more pleasant. Unfortunately, our location closed down due to budget cuts. If it had not closed I would definitely still work there.
Super Fun Atmosphere
Sales & Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 21, 2017
This is a fantastic place to work! I love the atmosphere and all around company. It was just time to advance and didn't want to move to FL. I would highly recommend working for Buca di Beppo!
Pros
Great Food
Cons
Not many
Productive fast paced work place.
HOST-DISHWASHER (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLAugust 16, 2017
A normal day working at Buca was either fast paced or really slow but, that could change any second so one had to be on their best. It was a rewarding job .
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No real benefits.
Una Famiglia
Hostess & Take Out (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 11, 2017
It could be frustrating sometimes, but I was paid well and enjoyed my coworkers. I got along mostly with everyone else on the floor, and found my job both challenging and fun. My coworkers and I all had a very special bond and got each other through the shift on difficult nights. There was no going it alone; we all helped and supported one another and that's what gave me the most satisfaction.
Pros
1/2 off meals, offered benefits, close to home, flexible hours
Cons
old building, high turnover in management
Don't care about their employees.
Bartender & Server (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 10, 2017
I have worked for this company for 5 years. Over the years it has gotten more corporate. The worst part of it being that they don't care about their employees. They want don't allow auto gratuity, and almost every table is a large party that can stuff you on a $600 check. The bartenders make no money because they overstaff the bar, which is sat less than anyone. In general, the higher ups overstaff every shift. A shift that could be done with 2 people, has 5-6 people trying to split limited volume. The holidays are busy, but have fun never spending a holiday with your family, or you are fired.
Pros
Big parties. High check averages.
Cons
Bad corporate leadership, bad money, Everything is corporatized.
Fast paced environment
Chef (Former Employee) –  Whitehall, PAAugust 7, 2017
If you're looking for something to occupy all of your weekends then here you go. I don't regret my time at buca I just regret the summer I missed out on with my friends
No amount of tips would ever make the work feel worth it
Server (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 7, 2017
Despite the fact that you'll be making an average of $120 per night in tips (could range anywhere from $40 to $300, really), prepare to be worked like an animal by a management that couldn't care less about your humanity or personal life.
Not an Employee Friendly Company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 6, 2017
Corporate structure is to cut all operations budgets, increase volume,
not quality driven in service or product.

I do not recommend this company.
benefits
Sales and Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 1, 2017
Truly a great company to work for. Managers and employees really cared about each other and the quality of service to our guests. We all supported each other.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Would have been great to have more banquet space
Disorganized Place to Work'
Lead Host/Takeout/Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 29, 2017
Was always disorganized, never any clean dishes, management talked about employees to other employees, and everyone was underpaid, you also had to work every single holiday.
Great place to build confidence
Retail/Sales/Photographer (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJuly 22, 2017
Every work day you prepare yourself with a sales pitch
Great way to learn how to take pictures of people, couples, birthdays, events
Management teaches you really quick and you become your own
Awesome people to be around
Hardest part of being a photographer was getting yourself out to everyone
The best part of the job was getting high sales!!!
Pros
Buca staff hooks you up with food!
Cons
Commission based
Management Turn Over
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLJuly 20, 2017
The team at Buca Di Beppo are extremely supportive.
There is new management coming in and out of the doors every few months.
Consistency of hours could be better.
Overall, it's a decent company to work for.
Pros
Holidays mean great money, good team, flexible hours
Cons
No breaks, no shift food, management turn over rate
Corporate does NOT care about their employees
Chef Partner (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 16, 2017
I worked for Buca almost 5 years going from line cook to executive chef. And Closed 2 stores for them and was sent to a 3rd failing store that was gonna close in less than a year and they knew it, when I was relocated did not recieve enough to do all things required to fully move and was ignored when I asked about it horrible and possibly racist dvp.... use this jobas a resume builder and thats it...
Pros
Great benefits (if the jobs lasts long enough to use them)
Cons
See above.
Fast-paced and productive
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJuly 14, 2017
A typical day would be fast-paced and crowded at times. I learned to stay ahead of the game in tight spots. Management was cool and understanding. The culture was diverse. The hardest part was coming in to a crowd of people. The best part was we got to have our own fun.
Not Worth The Occasional "Good Day"
Server / Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 11, 2017
Working for Buca di Beppo means not being treated like a person. The management will promise you a lot and likely not deliver on any of it. Although you can make some good money every once in a while, their business is handled so haphazardly that the up's and downs make it totally unreliable as a primary source of income. Don't do it. (smh).
Friendly people, fun atmosphere, coworkers turn into family!
Server (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJuly 11, 2017
I absolutely loved working at Buca! some of the best times I've ever had at work was there! I learned that working as a team is the best way to get things done. Everyone there from the FOH to the BOH was just like a big family. They all made it worth coming in on the worst of days. The hardest part was dealing with the quantity of people that we had in a day. Banquets of 45+ people coming in all at once gets a bit overwhelming but we always had it handled. The best part by far was the people I got to spend everyday with. They really do become family.
Corporate sucks, customers suck, but management and coworkers are great
Server (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 9, 2017
Customers are always upset about something and expect free things. Corporate does not care about their employees whatsoever, and it shows. The restaurant can not get the resources it needs to function properly, which is frustrating because the place is huge and you end up running all over the place for plates, cups etc. Management is cool and young, relaxed but gets the job done. Everyone messes around when its slow, and we all hang out outside of work.
Pros
Free food when there are mistakes, quick easy money, big parties and high tabs
Cons
horrible customer base, bad corporate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buca di Beppo. Our community is ready to answer.