Buchanan Technologies Employee Reviews

Excellent work envirioment and great place to work.
Entry Level (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 20, 2017
Working at Buchanan you deal with business customers and clients. You learn a wide range of IT skills & have the opportunity to gain professional certifications to advance your career at no cost to you.

The people, clients and customers are the best part of working at Buchanan
Pros
People, technology and work environment
Cons
Decent work Environment with low pay
L2 Senior Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 11, 2017
Work environment was very friendly at Buchanan Technologies. However the pay was very minimal for the amount/type of work that was performed. When going from a Level 1 support tech to a Level 2 Support tech you get more responsibilities but stay at the same amount of pay.
It's a job
Technician support (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 28, 2017
Management is more interested in micromanaging employees Very low pay and almost impossible to get raises Required to get certifications in order to get a minimal raise.
- Limited 401k contribution
- Expensive Health Plan
- No yearly Cost of Living increase
- No yearly review process
- Limited communication with corporate personnel unless there are issues
- Lackluster culture
Good entry job
IT Technician - Level 1 Support (Current Employee) –  Vandalia, OHJune 26, 2017
On average you receive 20-40 calls a day. Not having all the information you need to solve a lot of issues can be very difficult. Management is ok at best.
Pros
Break room with 2 microwaves and 2 refrigerators. Free Coffee
Cons
Constant changing of how job functions need to be handled
Fast paced
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 13, 2017
Assignments are typically dependent on clients needs. They have 1 main client and when that client contracts, so does Buchanan. They are working with several other clients, but not enough to keep my position active.

Great company to gain experience in project management. IT based company.
Pros
Work remotely
Cons
Short term, smaller company.
Great company to work for
Desktop Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXMarch 6, 2017
I've been working for Buchanan for over a year. Thew management team is very responsive and the company is up front with you no matter what the situation is.
Pros
Long contracts
Cons
Low pay
A good place to gain experience, but not a place you will want to work forever.
IT Service Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 25, 2016
Buchanan Technologies is very good at getting people certifications and work experience. However, call center environments can be extremely stressful and demanding. If you want experience this is the best place to start. But I would not recommend anything longer than two years if you are a service desk analyst. This is a extremely fast paced environment and I have been there for over two years, not everyone can handle this. I have seen people come and go frequently here. This is an excellent place to add to your resume. If you want experience come here. If you want to grow come here. But be ready for a very busy, very demanding, very stressful stay if you are a level 1 agent.
Pros
Good Coomunity, Pays for Certs, Good Place to Get Experience, Understanding Bosses
Cons
Very Fats Paced, Very Stressful, Very Demanding, Low Pay for Helpdesk Analysts
Start up vibe
Vice President, Project Services (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXSeptember 26, 2016
Energetic young company. Flexible and always looking to embrace emerging trends. Very much a start up energy and fun culture. Tight knit core group at the epicenter.
Executive reactions without facts
Service Desk Manager, Desktop Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 25, 2015
This company reacts to hearsay and not facts of its employees causing a high turnover rate. Costing the company money in training of new hires and customer satisfaction. Since my departure from the company I have been able to serve this Nation in three tours of duty in War efforts providing the skills and personality traits needed to lead surveillance teams. Company owner and I made a formal agreement in which was broken by the owner.
Pros
I was hired
Cons
EEOC found this company incompetent due to Wrongful termination
Productive and exciting place to work
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJuly 15, 2015
Buchanan Technologies is a family oriented company. The atmosphere is very energetic. I enjoyed my years with Buchanan, and I still enjoy the relationship I have as a contractor for Buchanan.
Pros
Family oriented, hard workers, dedicated employees
Great workplace with management that promotes professional growth
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 30, 2015
Buchanan Technologies has provided an excellent opportunity for me to gain knowledge and experience working as a Help Desk agent. I have developed strong troubleshooting skills solving a variety of software, networking, and printer related issues, as well as administering Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange Server 2013, Citrix, and SAP.

I have also been able to develop strong customer relationships and have been entrusted to manage one of our newest clients.

Management strongly encourages professional growth,they always ask what they can do to ensure that you have a successful career path.
Pros
Pays for you to get IT related certifications, Supportive Management
Cons
Low pay
Good work environment at Corporate office
Contractor - Systems Support (Current Employee) –  Texan Trail - Grapevine, TXJune 25, 2015
At corporate office it is wonderful with lot's of employee and company involvement.
Working offsite and client offices is not so good. ("Out of site-Out of mind" kind of fealing.)
N/a
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJuly 7, 2014
• Providing Professional IT Services by consulting companies throughout a wide spectrum of industries such as (but not limited to): Sales, Defense, eCommerce, ERP, Logistics, Marketing, and Finance.
Great place to work, grat learning experience.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHMay 15, 2014
Upon starting this job I spported well over 300 users in two buildings. This job was a challenge on a daily basis and I can't even describe the opportunity I was given to manage the two buildings on my own. Unfortunately they moved over seas and all jobs were lost. Over all just a great place to be daily
Pros
The learning experience was unlimited.
Cons
The company I was perm. onsite at closed down.
Helpdesk haha
helpdesk (Former Employee) –  miamisburg, ohioMay 7, 2014
Workload is extremely over whelming. Average 60+ calls a day

Bathroom breaks, Smoke Breaks, Lunch breaks ALL monitored. Are you serious? You have to put what time you leave, just to take a ****.... This is a new implemented system because some of the upper managers are trying to suck up for a promotion.

Local bosses Reed and Cavin are awesome. HR and rest of company are fake and do what is needed to make themselves look good.

Paid certification
401k
Health Benefits
12.50/hr pay, ZERO pay raise. Regardless of how hard you work ( 3+ years )

they will add work to you, new companies with out adding more workers or increasing your pay. They give you no motivation to do more work, but are easily right there to criticize your work..

only work here if desperate and I suggest having them buy certification test ASAP, take them than get out.
Interesting
Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dayton, Ohio and Charlotte, NCMarch 25, 2014
good concept difficult work environment. Your voice will not be heard if you are trying to make a difference. Cutting edge technology without innovative ideas. Molded around clients best interest not the company itself.
This position involoved everything from Event Planning/Meetings to being gatekeeper for CEO of a very successful Technology company.
Executive Assistant to President/CEO (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXFebruary 4, 2013
This job required being a team player and having excellent interpersonal skills. There are day to day dealings with staff that could be a $30k year salary employee up to the executive level. No two days are alike. There is book keeping and reporting that is done on a regular basis. Buchanan is very involved in the community so there are community events to organize and be involved in. This position requires sitting in most meetings done throughout the company and every meeting the CEO attends.
Pros
wonderful benefits, great people to work with
Cons
no real room for advancement unless you have a technical background
fun workplace, great people, location is too far
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJuly 30, 2012
Every day is different at Buchanan, which I love. I enjoy recruiting, working with people every day and allowing them to grow in their career and journey. I also enjoy the customer-facing aspect.
Pros
small perks, people
Cons
distance from home; pay
Fun workplace
First Level Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 26, 2012
A fun place to work that promotes education through certification
Pros
family friendly
Cons
pay
IT Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 8, 2012
Benefit package is good
Typical day at work - kept busy during the day time, sometimes overwhelming
Growing company
Management semi-good, some poor locally
Policies - none set for dealing with customers yelling at you or how to handle those situations and do not stand behind their employees as they should
FAILED to enroll in 401k plan for almost a year's worth of employment and could only say they were sorry.