Central Ohio Contractor has an immediate need for an HR Generalist. This position is responsible for administering all HR-related activities and services to include: administering human resource policies, procedures, and practices with an emphasis on recruiting, compensation and benefits, employee relations, and legal compliance.
Duties to include:
- Coordinating with department managers to create effective recruiting strategies for open positions.
- Managing the pre-employment process to include: advertising, sourcing, and interviewing candidates for open positions.
- Arranging pre-employment assessments, conducting drug and background screening, extending employment offers, and new hire orientations.
- Participate in employee relations and progressive disciplinary practices.
- Work with department managers on issues involving compensation, employee relations, corrective actions, and terminations.
- Counsel employees and managment on employee related issues.
- Implement HR policies
- Track and process employee benefits eligibility, enrollment, termination, and changes in an accurate and timely manner.
- Manages and tracks FMLA to ensure legal compliance
- Manages workers' compensation and unemployment claims.
- Assists in ensuring legal compliance with federal, state, and local regulations related to employment practices and benefit programs.
A Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management, business management, or related field and 3-5 years of human resources experience or an Associates's degree in Human Resource Management and 5-7 years of human resource experience.
This is a direct hire opportunity.