Buckhead Beef Employee Reviews

starting off
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Auburndale, FLMarch 10, 2016
The first do i come in is print out my work sheet of what i have to pull for my route. Then after all that i will pull my own route I will have to scan it then wrap my pallet then number of count of boxes of each pallet i have pulled or stacked on. The hardest part about this job is i have the biggest route than any other selector in my work area. I get to pull Miami route which round up to 1600 cases for each day to be pulled. It may not seem a lot but having to pull 50 to 100 lb each different cases on different pallet tend to be a work out. I enjoy it cause it keeps me moving and makes the day go by fast when i work hard. By the end of the day this will have to be load in truck then bill the truck driver and sign before he leaves with the truck is sealed up. After when I done letting the drive to leave i clean up my area and the dock plus all the forklift equipment is put away all selector are able to go home including me.
Pros
long hours, day go my fast, and workout
Cons
short breaks, lots of order for one person, no help for my route when needed
I do not recommend
Scale Operator/Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 1, 2016
This employer does not offer much of a personal life due to the long hours required. The current manager is very hard to work with. The only plus to this job is you dont work weekends
Good Company
Management (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 27, 2016
Solid pay structure with bonus potential
Good people
Job Culture needs to be revamped, Should never stop thriving for change positive .
Good learning experience.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Culture and status quo
good place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 11, 2016
I liked the overall work place the people were good work with. Management were helpful and the training was very good and the supervisors were helpful
Pros
work place
Productive work place
Packer (Former Employee) –  Auburndale, FLAugust 11, 2016
Working for Buckhead beef is a learing experience and a stepping stone. They have wonderful employees and a safe work place.
Great career
Sales (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 14, 2016
Good people to work for. A staple in the market. Great facility. Good work schedule. There is no room to move up. Lots of phone time.
Busy
Sales Coordinator/Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 28, 2015
It was a very busy place to work and the days just flew by. I really enjoyed working here. I really enjoyed talking with the different merchandising companies I worked with.
Pros
Insurance, 401K, stock, options
Cons
It was so busy at times, you couldn't go to the restroom.
Great experience!
Certified Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 28, 2013
Working with the team mates. I learned so much more about the variety of meats that are produced. I learned things that has helped me eat healthier.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short breaks
Insurance was horrible! Almost $550 a month!!
Production/Portion cutter (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 10, 2013
If you're a single guy with no family and no social life and like working till 9 pm on a Friday night well this is the perfect job for you. The insurance was the worst I've ever had and no overtime is aloud at the Charlotte location. There is no set schedule for employees. You might start at 8am or 11am and might leave at 10pm ,its basically set up to where you don't get over 40 hours for the week.
Customers are given the wrong "grade" of meat on a daily basis thus making it harder to take pride in a job well done....
Don't waste your time with these guys,if they are not honest with there own customers how do you think they will treat you ???
Cons
shady company practices
Great Workplace
Fish Room Worker (Former Employee) –  College park, GeorgiaJanuary 26, 2014
Great workplace, environment, people,pay, hours.
I learned the work of fish line production more than anything, how to handle cold working conditions.
A day at work you'd clock in get dressed for the cold temperatures, set up your work station which was generally a computer and a fish scale, check the orders that came in and fill them.
Co-Workers were excellent charismatic people, willing to answer any question no matter how dumb and resolve any issue no matter it's origin. Strict rules but fair.
Hardest part of the job were the long cold hours.
Most enjoyable was the people and weekly checks.
Pros
weekly pay, overtime, friendly people
Cons
4-6 straight in cold in environment.
the money is great. it's very cold inside. no ping pong tables,but you get discounts on meats, and fish
QC meat (Former Employee) –  Atlanta GAAugust 24, 2012
you come in @ a certain time get dress in your uniform and extra clothes. you prep the tenderloin to get it ready to go through the machine to be cut. the managers are okay. The co workers are easy to get along with the hardest part of the job is just being cold when not moving around. the most enjoyable part is when you we all got together for a fun day with other employees and their families.
Pros
movie passes, six flags tickets, discount on meats
Cons
just dealing with people that are set in their ways the company was brought up long time along
Fun and Productive
Warehouseman/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 9, 2013
It was always a team effort.
Safety was always a pr.iority
Coworkers were always considerate of each others.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Auburndale, FLOctober 23, 2012
It was alright to work there but there was too much drama and really not taking your work serious to satisfy the customers.
Worked in the cold, burrr
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 3, 2012
If you want over time, this is the place to be. But overall it's a cool place to work.
a great learning enviroment to work
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 4, 2012
is a great place to learn how to cut meat learn spec's and safety issues.