BUCKINGHAM'S CHOICE Employee Reviews in United States

Life of a Buckingham's Choice intern
Therapeutic Recreation (Former Employee) –  Adamstown, MarylandAugust 9, 2014
The experience I had at Buckingham's Choice was priceless! It set a strong foundation for me to enter into the "real world" as a highly competent professional in my field of recreational therapy. The coworkers within my department and within the facility were more than welcoming. I came from out of state with not knowing a single sole in Maryland and they welcomed me with open arms. It made my transition from college to a full time intern much easier. Since I was out of state, I had the wonderful privilege of having housing provided on site. The internship opportunity gave me the experience to take the knowledge that I had learned in the classroom and apply it in real life situations. In a typical day, I was responsible for completing assessment, progress notes and implementing activities throughout the day. I also met with residents one on one, which I found to be one of the most enjoyable and rewarding parts of the job, something as simple as talking with someone can really make someone's day. My supervisor is very knowledgeable in the field and due to her strong skills in advocating, I had the opportunity to apply within the company of EMA and interview with two other facilities (in hopes of a job offer!). If you want a facility that truly stands by their mission of caring for people, providing passion and having a purpose, this is the facility for you!
Beautiful beautiful community
Director of Marketing and Sales (Former Employee) –  Adamstown, MDAugust 14, 2013
Wonderful people, residents and co workers. Beautiful surroundings.
Pros
people, atmosphere, and grounds
Cons
food
Prefer not to make a comment about this company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Adamstown, MDApril 28, 2012
Would prefer not to make comments due to negative remarks. Would not recommend working for this corporation. Corporation places an abundance of emphasis on the population residing in the community and employees are viewed as servants. Therefore, my personal opinion is that this corporation is not an employee based company.