BUCKINGHAM COMPANIES Employee Reviews

Best Place to Work
Sr. Property Accountant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 10, 2017
I have raving reviews for Buckingham. I was very sad to leave such an innovative team. The HR staff is always helpful and encouraging.
The CEO encourages and rewards handwork. I also enjoyed being a part of a company that gives back to the community.
Buckingham
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 4, 2017
Buckingham is a great company to work for it helps you learn so many things in property management and in everyday life in general. I would suggest this company to many people.
Fun and productive
Cooked, prepped, took/filled orders (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 1, 2017
Buckingham's was a very fun, laid back job. Great atmosphere. Awesome boss, friendly staff. I loved working at Buckingham's, would definitely work there again
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Pay was not too great
great team
Maintenence supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 26, 2017
great company for growth and training excellent co-workers and corporate management I have gained so much knowledge from the past 3 years of employment.
Don't plan on a personal life
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 15, 2016
properties are understaffed; salaried employees are supposed to pick up the slack. Zero work life balance. Always contacted on days off or on vacation. Little to no support from district or regional managers. You're told to find another manager that can help/train you. Benefits and pay are what keep me around but always fearing for job security.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
You'll just be a number
Poor comunication
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  IndianaOctober 7, 2016
good benefits, poor communication everything by email no support from corporate very political ton of report very aggressive with vendors if you want to be a number this is the perfect company. You will be just a cold number .
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
This company pays well and has great benefits. However, if you have a family or any outside life, you will find no balance with this company.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 15, 2016
Too many reports and meetings are required on a day to day basis. The ability to juggle all of these task without a proper staff is unachievable. District managers and regional managers are not available to assist you when needed. Managers are very supportive and understand the struggles. You are asked to find a manager to help you rather than a superior to help you. There is a lot of online training available, but no one on one training.
Pros
Great 401K
Cons
Long hours for the manager because the hourly staff hours are cut to keep down cost.
Nothing To Say
Multi-Site Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 11, 2015
As it pertains to the company in question, I have no information to provide. I was employed at this firm for 13 years and worked in several positions with various tasks involved.
Hostile Work Enviroment
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 2, 2015
All properties are under staffed. Political on every level. Corporate employees are treated significantly better than the employees on site. Always working in fear of getting fired for no reason.
Great Company to work for in past.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ohio, Tennessee, IndianaJanuary 8, 2015
Great workplace though little very support from upper management.
Pre-Construction Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 6, 2014
Buckingham offers a lot it their employees. The are programs to help you grow with in the company and yourself.
Fantastic COmpany to work for!
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 14, 2014
They value their employees and train them well. There are many opportunities for advancement with in this company.
No advancement
Office Personnel (Current Employee) –  Prior Lake, MNJanuary 29, 2014
Most days work was finished within the first hour , spent the rest of the day wiping down counters. I learned that I crave a fast paced work environment and that I need a company that will utilize all of my skills.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
poor benefits, compensation
Good pay and benefits
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 21, 2014
This company offers great pay and benefits, but the internal communication is lacking greatly. The company does not put it's employees first and is quick to discipline without offering training. I only wished for better communication, perhaps a phone call versus an email, and I feel that things could have been better.
Benefits
Cons
Communication
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, In.October 3, 2012
Buckingham is a great place to work. With many corporate employees to help you it's a comfortable transition to a new employee. I had great expectations of retiring there.
I thought this was my career
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 19, 2012
I thought that this would be my career job. I stayed here almost 2 years and I feel because I wasnt part of the click I was singled out...but while I was there it was ok

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BUCKINGHAM COMPANIES. Our community is ready to answer.