Buckland & Taylor, with six offices in North America, is a leading bridge engineering firm with an international reputation for excellence. A world leader in the design, evaluation, rehabilitation and construction engineering of long and medium span bridges, we are a highly successful, growing and expanding organization. To support our high profile North American projects and aggressive growth, we are seeking Junior Bridge Engineers to join our team in the New York City, NY office.
The incumbent will be assisting a highly professional team that provides consulting, project management and detailed engineering expertise on numerous bridge design projects. He/she will work alongside experienced bridge design team and project managers.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Works alongside experienced engineers to perform a variety of tasks such as preparation of plans, designs, calculations and costs;
- Contributes to projects from initial concept, through the planning process to implementation;
- Performs analysis of complex structures and prepares design calculations and drawings under close supervisions of senior engineers;
- Functions collaboratively with the CAD technician team;
- Participates in solving engineering problems and challenges;
- Participates in preparation of standard documents, such as technical specifications;
- Liaises with other professionals and departments to gather information for projects;
- Contributes to preparation of engineering reports and other technical documents; and
- Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Minimum BSc in Structural Engineering, MSc or higher preferred
- Eligibility for registration as an EIT
- Ability and willingness to learn
- Strong attention to details
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including use of Office tools (Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Familiarity with analysis software such as SAP 2000
- Superior planning and organizational skills combined with ability to work under pressure on multiple deadlines
- Ability to work with staff located remotely
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Good judgement and decision making skills
Buckland and Taylor offers the opportunity to work on some of the most recognized and prestigious bridge projects in the world. By joining our team, you will become a part of history and your work will be a marvel to generations for years to come. We offer competitive benefits and compensation, as well as a healthy work/life balance for our employees. In recognition of our efforts to do so, our Seattle office was awarded 2nd place among the 2011 top 100 best companies to work for by Seattle Business Magazine.
If you are interested in the above mentioned position, please submit a resume and cover letter to our email quoting JBE1321 - 27 in the subject line. If your interest and qualifications meet the requirements of the position, you will be contacted directly by a member of the HR Department. Please note that due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to get back to each candidate individually about the status of his or her application.