Buckle Employee Reviews

Energetic and fast pace enviornment
Corporate Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 20, 2017
Fast pace, energetic job that sets an enjoyable shopping experience for each guest. Buckle is about customer service and building relationships which leads to repeat customers. The culture is always positive and uplifting but feedback is expected. I learned how to run my own business, schedule, timeline myself, lead others, and set the tone for the business. The most enjoyable part about my job is making repeat customers who love there product and bring in there families and friends.
Pros
Work/home balance
Cons
Pay
I really enjoy my job
Seamstress (Current Employee) –  Piqua, OHFebruary 19, 2017
The Buckle is a great place to work. I work at a pace that is needed to meet my deadlines, with no pressures from anyone else. I love everyone there, the teammates are like my family.
Great fun place to work.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHFebruary 17, 2017
I was doing more than expected for my position at times I wouldn't get the credit I deserved, although I loved working for the buckle they try their best to be family orientaed however the hours they wanted me to work I never saw my family to much which is why I quit.
Pros
Have the possibility to travel and work hands on with your regional manager and district manager
Cons
Not as family orientayed with hours.
Wonderful Clothing Company
Clothing Salesman (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXFebruary 16, 2017
This Job was very flexible with a demanding high school schedule. This job allowed me to participate in choir, as well as twirling in the band, being drum major, and participate in theater shows all while working a job! Wonderful employees to work with and an exceptional boss.
it was a great life experience
Personal Stylist (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKFebruary 16, 2017
This was a challenging job. I enjoyed the changing environment. I would recommend this job to someone with patience and who is quick paced.
Enjoyable
sewing alteration (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 14, 2017
I like working in sewing and that makes me excel in my work and I have a skill alterations in women's and men's, accuracy in work with short time. thanks
Cons
Fun place to work with great co-workers
Freight Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTFebruary 11, 2017
An enjoyable work environment where you learn how to communicate with people and make their shopping experience more enjoyable. Management is fantastic and it's hard work keeping up with the speed of the store but you learn quickly and it makes the job fly by.
Pros
Flexible with your schedule
Cons
Not as many benefits
The staff was good to work with
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXFebruary 6, 2017
The staff was fun to work with but plan on staying all night long. They like to work really late hours so not good for college student. You also have to bring in a ton of clients to make money.
Enjoyed the Job
Sales lead (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 3, 2017
I loved my position in Buckle, but grew tired of the constant push push push sales environment. Out of the 3 managers i had 2 were amazing and i would without a double work for them any day, on the other hand i had one manger that really drove me to the edge and made me hate the job and company. Overall the work environment was great though, fun teammates, commission based, and plenty of room to grow.
Pros
Great benefits, commission based, team environment
Cons
Commission based, one sided management
Fun workplace, opportunities for advancement
Assiatant Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 2, 2017
Fun, fast paced environment. Great staff, great hours. Scheduling was flexible. Did not enjoy the high pressure for sales.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Healthcare, compensation
Fun place to work with a fantastic team. Great environment
Freight Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 1, 2017
A typical day is spent in the backroom. I receive boxes, unpack, sort, sensor, and fold or hang the product. I organize the product that is in the backroom as well as prepare product for the sales associates to take out on the floor. The manager is easy to work with and for. She is very open and caring. The culture in my store is like a family. It is a close and fun group that makes the job more than just a job.
Pros
The people
Cons
No healthcare
Fun work place.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKJanuary 31, 2017
I enjoyed working at the buckle had to leave because of personal problems. It was fun and everyone was very friendly. Everyone one helps you out in difficult situations.
Positive and fun work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCJanuary 30, 2017
A typical day at work revolved around ensuring each guest with a positive shopping experience that would leave them wanting to come back. I loved helping the guests, but it did get overwhelming when we got busy. The manager made sure that all of her employees remained positive, and helped with every aspect of the job, when she could see us getting stressed.
Fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJanuary 27, 2017
Small place, low hours, small pay, poor management. Fun place to work with coworkers. Great discounts, best place to work if you're going to school full time.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Pay
Too much work for $6 an hour and pushy sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 26, 2017
It was fun at first and everyone there is really nice! They make you feel welcome but the pay wasn't that great. Even though we did have 3% commission off of what we sold it still wasn't a lot. We had to be really pushy sales people and I hated that. I know that when I come to a store I don't want someone breathing down my neck the whole time trying to get me to purchase their products. We had to get their sizes and names, pick out outfits based on what they were looking at, and keep introducing product as long as they were in the store. It does not sound bad as it was. It was horrible.
Pros
30 min break, commission
Cons
pushy, not good pay, drama
Personalized retail environment
Key holder / Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCJanuary 26, 2017
A typical day at work was opening/closing including all store duties, setting up a daily sales goal, assisting associates in sales, support in fulfilling visual merchandising standards, active networking in local areas, setting up client credit accounts, and check in/ ship out freight.
Pros
Opportunity to travel
Cons
communication, slow career advancement
Very good overall
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORJanuary 26, 2017
Need to be very outgoing(which I am). Need to know how to sell and how to keep conversation going with a stranger. Need to know the product from inside out.
Pros
A fun and enjoyable working environment. Discount on clothes.
Cons
There is really no cons about this job
A fast paced enviroment with goals to meet but the atmosphere was fun and welcoming
Leader in Training (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 25, 2017
At Buckle I learned so many positive things about retail. I learned how to work off a commission pay. I learned how to greet customers and make their shopping experience a unique one. Buckle really taught me how to sell, why the guest not only wanst said item but why they need it and why it will make their life better, it eliminates that buyers regret and the customer stays happy.
poor management
Floor Leader (Current Employee) –  Ashland, KY 41101January 24, 2017
management is hard to work with, not trustworthy, does not promote within the company, management does not full fill listed hours
Customer Service
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJanuary 23, 2017
There is always something you can be doing, like folding clothes or fixing visual standards. It is a great way to meet and connect with people that come into your store and provide them with great service. Very boring when the days are slow so you must find ways to keep yourself buys.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buckle. Our community is ready to answer.