Buckle

Buckle Employer Reviews

Great place to learn and fun environment.
Team Leader (Current Employee), Laredo, TXSeptember 8, 2014
Favorite place to be! Very supportive management. Learn about fashion and team work. Communication is key and you definitely learn that here!
Productive if open-minded
Management Trainee (Former Employee), El Paso, TXSeptember 7, 2014
Fast paced environment, with lots of energy! Great job if you are open-minded and if you adapt to change well!
Friendly and fast paced environment, great people to work with.
Freight and Special order Coordinator (Former Employee), South Jordan, UTSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: self managed coordinator, open and friendly environment.
Cons: healthcare, floating shifts
Managed incoming and outgoing freight Monday through Friday as well as special order care for customers. Maintained clean workplace and organized environment for efficient assistance.

Gained experience in shipping management.

Management was accessible, friendly and approachable.
Great Atmosphere and good team quality
Team Leader (Current Employee), Lufkin, TXAugust 28, 2014
Pros: promotions
Cons: hours varies each week within the schedule
I learned several different pieces of information by working with my team. I also kept store clean while selling items and assisting guests in the store. I enjoyed every moment of my job. It's nice meeting people and helping other people's needs.
Room to grow with fun people
Visual Merchandiser/Freight Coordinator (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 28, 2014
Pros: awesome employee discount
Cons: working typical retail hours
Within the company there is room for advancement and owning your own store. I enjoy the people I work with and the interaction with new and repeat guests. I have learned a lot of information in the field and have also been given the responsibility to be creative when it comes to visual merchandising within our store. Since The Buckle does not use plan-o-grams, – more... we are given free range for store visual merchandising, which is my favorite part! – less
Commission based
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Great Falls, MTAugust 28, 2014
Pros: good experience and training
Cons: short hours
It is a basic retail job with commission. It was a very good start for me in customer service.
Too Many Employees
Sales Team Member (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 22, 2014
I would love the job if I had more hours, only getting scheduled one day every week is not what I really wanted, nor was it what I wrote I expected on my application when I was hired.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Longview, TXAugust 15, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: the pay
The management is awesome.
I've learned to be completive in a good way.
I work with great people.
A typical day at work is just cleaning my station and selling product
fun workplace
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee), Modesto, CAAugust 15, 2014
I like helping guests and merchandising. Its great to see all the new products and exciting things the buckle is doing.
Training Manager
-Handle Money
-Computer skills
not fair
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Lombard, ILAugust 8, 2014
Worked there for 2 years as a team leader( had keys to the store) , never had attendance issues . Always participated in special projects and always had the highest sales. Our Assistant manager quit, and they hired someone else from outside the company. Also you never get a weekend off. I understand retail busiet time is on the weekend but at least – more... let me rotate my weekends – less
Stresfful work enviroment and pushy managment. Not a friendly enviroment for part-time employees and must be completely committed to the job
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Brandon, FloridaAugust 5, 2014
Leadership is continuously trying to cycle out teammates if they do not reach selling standards and push them out of their comfort zones in order to sell. The idea is to sell as much product as possible to grow the business. Employees are asked to recruit talent outside of the store and pressured to bring in extra customers to ensure favor in managment's – more... eyes. Not friendly for PT employees that need to work after 5. – less
fast paced work enviornment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Great Falls, MTJuly 31, 2014
I get to work with a great bunch of gals who are always willing to help me.
Good place to work... at first.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 31, 2014
Pros: building customer relationships, coworkers are great, and great employee discount
Cons: hours based on products, favortism from managers
Buckle is a a good company to work for however, they demand that you push and push product on to customers. Then hours are based on how many products you sell. So if, for example, you have 10 customers that day and they all buy two products, but your coworker has 5 customers that sell 3 products, your coworker will get more hours than you the following – more... week. – less
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Reno, NVJuly 25, 2014
Assistant Manager
The most enjoyable part was working with different guests and clients and ensuring they had a positive and enjoyable experience every time they entered our store.
Great retail environment for young high school students and kids in college.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newport News, VAJuly 24, 2014
This is a great place to work if you are wanting to advance into store management but not the place for you if you are not wanting a hard sell.
Fun, fast paced, and great learning experience
Manager/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), TexasJuly 23, 2014
Pros: 40% discount on super awesome merchandise
Cons: retail hours--weekends, evenings, holidays
I went through the Management trainee program and received my own store within a year of working for the company. I also completed my internship required for my degree there. And it's paid!!
A typical day at Buckle includes meeting new people, helping guests receive the most enjoyable shopping experience possible, all while training and educating the – more... team. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I had appreciative guests. Of course, we would get guests who were hard to deal with and made work not so fun, but the one's who really appreciated our time made it all worth the while. Buckle pays their managers really well. Salary and incentive bonuses. Teammates work on commission and also have some incentive pay. – less
Fun, fast-paced work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Great Falls, MTJuly 23, 2014
Cons: schedule / work-life balance
I feel as though this job was not the right fit for me because I was unable to see it as a long-term career option. It was a fun environment, but not the professional, operational environment I am looking for in a career. I feel as though the skills I possess would be better utilized in an office setting.
Fun and exciting workplace!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARJuly 16, 2014
There is always something new that comes through the door at Buckle. Different fits, colors, washes, fabrics... New brands and new people that love wearing them. Buckle offers a wide variety of benefits for working for a great company. 401K, insurance, not to mention a sweet 40% off discount for all of your favorite clothes!
not for me
Sales and Management Intern (Former Employee), Fairview Heights, ILJuly 15, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: random hours
They are crazy about selling and adding on pieces and building complete outfits with people, which would be okay if you didn't have to write everything you do all day down on a piece of paper.

1 2 3 4 5

About Buckle

The Buckle has done away with the notion that Midwestern kids'¬†fashion sense favors overalls. With some 430 mostly mall-based – Read more