Buckle

Buckle Employer Reviews

not for me
Sales and Management Intern (Former Employee), Fairview Heights, ILJuly 15, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: random hours
They are crazy about selling and adding on pieces and building complete outfits with people, which would be okay if you didn't have to write everything you do all day down on a piece of paper.
Fun, lively, energetic place to work
Sales & Management Internship (Former Employee), Chico, CAJuly 7, 2014
While in college, on my summer break, I did a management internship with The Buckle. The store manager was my mentor and trained myself in all aspects of the business. I naturally was great with people and enjoyed talking to strangers. I was a natural seller and was the highest paid employee.
Awesome Retail Environment
Store Manager in Training (Former Employee), Saint Peters, MOJuly 4, 2014
I worked for Buckle Inc. for 1 year, was hired on in the Store Management in Training program. The employees were great and I loved working with people everyday. I learned how to run a business successfully. We had an awesome discount and health benefits. The only reason I left the company was because they wanted me to relocate across the USA in order – more... to have any advancement in my career. – less
Part time job I had that was fun at times.
Sales Teammate and Shift Leader (Former Employee), Tupelo MSJune 26, 2014
I worked here part time. I was a shift leader and was thinking of joining the MIT program here before quitting. It was a very fast paced enviroment. I did enjoy it and stayed busy.
Fun workplace and always moving
non-sales employee (Former Employee), Glendale AzJune 26, 2014
Pros: discounts, clothes, fun environment
Cons: no breaks, short lunches
head non sales associate I handled all of our shipments that came in as well as all of the shipments that went out. I handled orders over the phone, in store, and online. I did freight (folding, getting things prepped for heading to the floor) as well as working the registers, answering the phone and setting up floor displays.
If you love Sales, then this is the job for you!
Team Leader (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJune 19, 2014
I enjoyed my time at Buckle, the only downfall was I did not like the pressure of sales quotas we had to meet. As well as the aggressive sales tactics.
Fun fast paced interactive work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 11, 2014
This job was a great opportunity to learn great people skills and teach you how to think on your feet as well as how to deal with rejection.
Great opportunities
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAJune 9, 2014
Buckle is out going, friendly business and willing to assist their customers beyond the basic requirements. You'll feel like your shopping with your best friend, when entering the store. Opportunities with the company are great.
Always bettering other people to get them to the next level
Manager (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAJune 6, 2014
Worked in management and had to teach and demonstrate leadership, communication, organization, and the ability to identify and solve problems.
I worked over 5 years of experience working in a retail environment
Proficient in understanding marketplace needs and strategies needed to drive sales
Work well with people of diverse backgrounds and professional – more... and technical levels
Maintain a vast knowledge of inventory maintenance, merchandising, and customer service – less
Fast paced, stressful environment but fun with customers and clothes
Teammate (Former Employee), Kearney, NEJune 3, 2014
I only worked here a short while, because I decided my personality did not run parallel with that of the company. I am not the type of person to force people to try on jeans and shoes when they are only shopping for a shirt. Yes, I would make suggestions, but I just didn't feel like it was a good fit for me. Most of my fellow co-workers were very nice.
Mt
Management Trainee (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMay 20, 2014
Learned how to run my own store. Conference calls, email DM regularly. Regulate payroll.
team leading
Team Leader (Former Employee), Emporia, KSMay 20, 2014
The company is a fun place to work and a great place to meet new people. The clothes are very expensive even with discount. I enjoyed the environment for the most part.
great manager and co-workers
Denim Alterations (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARMay 18, 2014
Pros: just had to sew and did not have to interact with customers
Cons: store i was at was not really busy for alterations so i only worked 2 days/ wk as a pt job
Worked pt and made my own hours, just had to get my work done. I sat in the sewing area of the stock room and altered jeans hems to the customers' lengths.
Please see resume
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rapid City, SDMay 17, 2014
Please see resume

Great job while I was in High School, this was the beginning of my learning experiences.
Funnn!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Muskogee, OKMay 7, 2014
Fun! Fun! Fun!Fun! Fun! Fun!Fun! Fun! Fun!Fun! Fun! Fun!Fun! Fun! Fun!Fun! Fun! Fun!Fun! Fun! Fun!Fun! Fun! Fun!Fun! Fun! Fun!Fun! Fun! Fun!Fun! Fun! Fun!Fun! Fun! Fun!
Great Company
Sales Associate/Zone Leader (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COMay 7, 2014
Wonderful room to grow in the areas of visual merchandising, sales, management, and customer relationship management.
Fun Job in College
Freight/Non-Sales (Former Employee), Grand Forks, NDMay 7, 2014
Pros: great work environment, get out early when work is done
Cons: not enough hours, even with the discount the clothes are still overpriced!
I worked in Freight/non-sales at the Buckle of Grand Forks. The job was fun and allowed me to pretty much tackle all the tasks independently. When our team finished early we got to leave early which was a great perk but it also meant we got paid less for working more efficiently. Everyone I worked with was fun and energetic and our manager was understanding – more... and accommodating while still being fair which made finding the motivation to come to work a breeze. The only problem with this position (and most within retail) is that your staffed based on the needs of the company meaning that your hours can fluctuate. It was a great job during college but I wouldn't turn a career out of it. – less
Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Florence, ALMay 4, 2014
Management was horrible. Instead of laying people off, he would just stop scheduling workers. Co- workers were nice but very competitive and it was too much work for very little pay.
Leading yourself and your team
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Killeen, TXMay 4, 2014
Great experience overall

Extremely stressful since the environment is commissioned selling

Your advancement is solely dependent on how much you are willing to dedicate to your potential career.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Jefferson City, MOApril 30, 2014
Typical day at work consisted of daily duties such as cleaning and organizing store.
Visual merchandising was also done on a daily basis.
The staff was very easy to work with and helpful in the area of sales.
The hardest part of my job was being able to get customers to open up so you could find out exactly how to fulfill their wants.
The most enjoyable – more... part of my job was really interacting with customers and meeting visual merchandising standards. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Buckle

The Buckle has done away with the notion that Midwestern kids'¬†fashion sense favors overalls. With some 430 mostly mall-based – Read more