Buckle

Buckle Employee Reviews

Great Worplace
Salesperson-Leader In Training (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 28, 2015
Awesome sales team! Manger goes above and beyond to help you succeed. Also company overall helps you move higher up in the company.
Great benefits; pay good; store leadership: Horrible!
Assistant Manager/Sales (Former Employee), Taylor, MIMay 22, 2015
Pros: salary, benefits
Cons: managers
Buckle offers a competitive salary and great benefits with an opportunity to grow. Unfortunately for myself I was not looking to move out of my position to another store and had to take on many managerial duties when my manager decided to randomly leave the store, come to work late, and take all of her vacation days as soon as I was hired, not really knowing how to do very much. The atmosphere was very clicky, and there were times when my manager and another employee would disappear for hours without my knowledge. If you find a store with a manager that actually cares about her job and training employees, this place is great. Make sure you ask others that work there first if you should take a job there. I am sure if the store I was at had a different manager, I would still be there.
managers are too controlling
Retail Sales (Former Employee), Twelve Oaks, Novi, MIMay 22, 2015
the managers and other workers are so bossy and get in your face the whole time you're working and tell you exactly what to do every second its so annoying and the discount sucks and you barely get a lunch break and commission sucks too
Fun and interactive pace with lots of potential to earn high with commision
Floor/Sales Leader (Current Employee), McAllenMay 21, 2015
I love the fast paced and sometimes competitive retail environment that Buckle offers. You are essentially making your own money with each sale you increase so in general terms- you get what out of it what you put into it.
Rewarding and learning workplace
Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Fashion Show Mall Las vegasMay 21, 2015
Pros: Benefit and pay
Cons: Management
Typical day would be reviewing your team, setting up goals, role playing, and helping guest. Co-workers were amazing to work with and overall, a great experience.
Fun Place to work at while being a Full-Time student
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bellingham, WAMay 20, 2015
Great environment to work in, the team is awesome and it is really easy to bond with other co-workers. Stressful at time because they expect you to keep high numbers, however that encourages one to work as hard as one can.
Sales Position
Retail Sales (Former Employee), Leawood, KSMay 19, 2015
Pros: Discount on Products
Cleaning and folding clothes was a must at work. Selling products to customers with enthusiasm and joy was my favorite part of the day. The management was really well. Management taught me how to use key words to help people make a decision in buying products. I got along with all of my co-workers.
Wow is all I can say
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Erie, PAMay 18, 2015
This place really gave me wings. I enjoyed the challenges they would bring. Thank you for the leadership here. It guided me towards where I needed to be.
Productive and Fun enviornment for all employees
Freight Coordinator (Current Employee), Southlake, TXMay 16, 2015
Pros: Insurance, 401K, Great work enviroment
Cons: Hours can be sporadic
Buckle holds every employee to the high standards of respect towards everyone, from the lowest worker in the chain to the president of the company, to every guest in the door or over the phone, or even just the people our employees pass in the street. Not one person goes without a smile directed their way, and the company goal is to make each and every person feel important.
Fun, Challenging atmosphere
Store Manager (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARMay 12, 2015
Sales
Some stores teammates were young and could be immature at times
Great management
Support from area and district managers
Making guests day by helping them find the perfect jeans or outfit was always something I enjoyed the most.
Training successful teammates and promoting them was probably my favorite.
Very fun and upbeat work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Panama City, FLMay 11, 2015
Pros: Making people feel good about themselves.
Cons: Could pay a little better.
Such a fun job working with clothes and fashion. We were always given new goals and challenges to meet. I enjoyed helping shoppers, and making them feel good about themselves.
Fun and productive, room for growth.
Sales Floor Leader (Current Employee), Grapevine MillsMay 7, 2015
Learned important leadership skills, as well as being able to properly cooperate and lead team of associates on sales floor.
Fast paced
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 6, 2015
Fashionable jeans with great co workers. Good discount great people to interact with mall environment quick movements great food.
great place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee), washingtonMay 3, 2015
Responsible for inventory.
Responsible for employee productivity.
Responsible for business readiness.
Excelent place to work
Fun environment with a lot of diversity
Sales Teammate/Non-Sales Support Staff (Former Employee), Clackamas, ORApril 28, 2015
Buckle is a fun, progressive atmosphere where workers can encourage each other, as well as guests. The learning never ends at Buckle.
Absolutely Awful
Freight Coordinator (Former Employee), Concord, NCApril 28, 2015
Pros: Discount
Cons: Employees, Management, Work Environment, Commissioned Salary, Clothing
I worked for this company for less than year and I truly enjoyed it in the beginning. I wasn't a sales employee, thank goodness, but I managed the back room. It was a fun job until the holidays rolled around. Management became very critical of everything even with the slightest mistake. The blame was put, many of times, on the wrong person and I found it unfair and uncomfortable. It's an extremely competitive environment which causes a tremendous amount of drama among most of the employees which in turn causes stress on the management staff. Even though I never really stepped out onto the sales floor, I got crucified for the mistakes they made when it came to freight, special orders, and inventory. I also made the mistake of asking for an assistant during the holidays since in the end, the individual ended up taking my job. Even after I saved I them from getting booted, I ended up getting the short end of the stick. Communication is awful with anyone and discussion can't take place among associates without it getting around. Almost like the game telephone. Anyways, the place is nothing but catty and ungrateful individuals who are too concerned with shoving clothes down peoples throat instead of caring for the customer. The only positive about this place is it's employee discount and even then, most of what they carry isn't worth it. I've returned half of what I bought due to poor quality, especially their jeans.
Review
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MOApril 21, 2015
Pros: Laid back environment, awesome discounts
Cons: Not enough customer interaction.
I enjoyed the sales associates atmosphere. However, I needed something a little more fast pace with more customer interactions.
Fun but not entirely professional
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Onalaska, WIApril 19, 2015
Laid back
Over employed
Poor management
Uneven paced (Busy days, specifically weekends)
Not multitask oriented
Organization keyed
not your average retail job
MT (Former Employee), MO, KS, AL, TN, MS, VA, NC, GAApril 15, 2015
Pros: travel, great benefits, fun working environment, morally stable corporation.
Cons: work life balance
Buckle is a great if you want to really invest and learn in a career! I worked as a manager trainee for three years. In my time with the company I traveled all over the country, became better able to run a business, and met some amazing people. I was never promoted to manager and no one was ever able to tell me why. This was concerning as my numbers and leadership development were exemplary. Aside from my personal experience, many of the friends I have made love there position with this stellar company!
No room for advancement
Manager Development Program (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXApril 13, 2015
Get me out! The culture was fun and everyone got along, except it was almost like joining a cult. After working for several years you might move up into a GM position of your "own store" and then from there you are stuck forever, no joke.

1 2 3 4 5

About Buckle

The Buckle has done away with the notion that Midwestern kids'¬†fashion sense favors overalls. With some 430 mostly mall-based – Read more

Buckle Salaries