Buckle Employee Reviews

Horrible
SOCAIL MEDIA MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 19, 2018
Worst management I've ever dealt with, they were unfair and rude, made you feel horrible everyday. The NE area manager was emotionally abusive and i think should lose her job.
Pros
zero
Cons
everything
poor management
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJanuary 19, 2018
it was a very slow place to work at, not very much foot traffic so it was extremely boring, I previously was a manager at Wal-Mart so pace change was very dramatic but also my store manager was very poor at training, and which did not help my nor represent the company very well and was slightly unprofessional at times, I'm sure the company has some great stores with great management that just wasn't my experience. I also don't agree the with commission pay for the hourly associates.
Productive work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hidalgo County, TXJanuary 16, 2018
Working in Buckle was a nice experience, the only thing I did not like was that I worked by commission and even though co-works were friendly it was a different atmosphere to other places I've worked in.
Pros
One on one assistance with customer
Very enjoyable working with others
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJanuary 15, 2018
If you have a passion for being a sales person then this job is for you. You learn how to interact with customers and sell products indirectly. Meaning it's a seamless interaction if you know the products you're selling. Most people typically know what they want so you can guide them where they need to go.
Pros
Great Discount on clothing that costs more than other retail stores.
Cons
Pay is commission based so it can vary.
Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJanuary 12, 2018
Pay sucked. But the employee were great. But at a point you need more pay. as you were paid very poorly. You did get a discount but you had to wear the clothes wihich were Price on a collage budget
Pros
Employee
Cons
Pay
Fast paced environment
Freight Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 10, 2018
I really enjoyed doing what I do at Buckle, but there are too many bosses and not enough cooperating. The discount is awesome but there is too much micromanaging.
Pros
Fun environment. Great discounts
Cons
Not enough pay for work load
Wonderful
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKJanuary 10, 2018
Everything about this about this organization is wonderful except the pay and advancement. This is obvious by they star rating. This was always a fun place.
store manager
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 10, 2018
working 42+ hours a week, fast pace lots of changes. I have learned how to properly train, and apply constant education to a developing team. The culture is always positive and upbeat.
Leadership expectation unrealistic
Leader (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXJanuary 9, 2018
A lot of turn over due to lack of pay. It’s a sales based job, not retail. You need to hustle. But again, expectations are unrealistic. Team mates may enjoy working there. Leadership team is overworked and underpaid. Management was hard to work with.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short breaks, performance reviews constantly. No raises.
Fast-Paced and Competitive!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJanuary 8, 2018
Working at the Buckle is great for networking & learning about the culture of selling clothing. The management team was phenomenal! This isn't a job for everyone, in the sense that the individual has to be super motivated and energized because of the fast pace of busy work days. In retail there are slow days and fast days, but still encouraging the team to connect with guests, enjoy the work day, and potentially sell is a marvelous skill that Buckle Team Management has grasped. For someone looking for competition and to advance into entrepreneurship...this is the job for them!
Productive work place, competitive pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 7, 2018
A typical day at work is fun positive energy, very energetic. we learn customer service, promotions, credit cards, and VIP events. management comes off as positive energy and really hands on with communication skills and product knowledge. the hardest part of the job its competitive pay and sales, but the most enjoyable part of the job is just coming in to the store with positive atmosphere and positive team members.
Great management and teams, not so great pay
Team Leader/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILJanuary 7, 2018
For the amount of effort and time that the managers put in to the company and their teams, I feel they are not fairly compensated. If they were better paid I would have continued working there, toward a managerial role. However- for a manager to get paid $12/h after being there for 5+ years, that is not "good" in my book.

They do have a good business model, good training, and everyone works really well as a team.

Decent insurance benefits.
Pros
good team work
Cons
insufficient pay
N/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHJanuary 4, 2018
Overall working at buckle was a disappointment, after being hired in full time and promised 35 hours a week than only being scheduled 7 hours a week was unacceptable
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIJanuary 3, 2018
It is a great place to work if you love fashion and working with people. It is based on commission, which leads to fun competition among staff members. I had a great manager that I felt like I could learn a lot from.
Fun and fast paced
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDDecember 29, 2017
Good part time job for high school or college kids. Cute clothes with a good discount. Promote from within and seem to have many advancement opportunities.
Pros
Discount, fun work environment
Cons
Pushy sales tactics, retail hours
It was a very fast-paced and high pressure job but the environment was good overall.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IADecember 28, 2017
It was a very fast-paced and high pressure job but the environment was always energetic and positive. All Sales Associates work off of commission which provides an inconsistent paycheck which I did not enjoy, but was also not a big problem.
Pros
Lots of experience with people of all personalities; helps with social anxiety over time
Cons
high-stress, high-pressure can be exhausting
Commission! Commission! Commission!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaDecember 28, 2017
I was told I would be making a flat rate of $15 an hour. Only to be told two days later that my sales would affect my rate if I didn’t do my daily $1800 a day sales goals. I was told before hire, only team members make commission and the managers would be flat rate with bonus. They lie to you only to tell you that every pay rate there is commission.
Pros
Discount on EXPENSIVE clothing
Cons
Forced customer interaction, commission based pay, cutthroat and competitive
great place to work at the time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSDecember 27, 2017
at the time of employment it was a great place to work. had surgery and they wouldn't allow me time off for recovery. i would recommend this employer to anyone
Pros
discounts and fun environment
Cons
no time allowed for recovery
Good
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 21, 2017
Buckle is a fast-paced and fun place to work. I enjoyed it very much. I left to pursue other interests. However, I thoroughly enjoyed working there. Team oriented, and helped employees advance.
Pros
Fun, Fast, Clothes
Fast Past
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MODecember 13, 2017
Get ready to work! It is fun work though. Buckle provides an environment that is exciting and motivating! Buckle will provide you with excellent training to do your job well and advance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buckle. Our community is ready to answer.