Bucknell University Employee Reviews

Temporary summer fundraising job
Student Caller (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PANovember 2, 2017
Reaching out to university alumni for donations; updating them on relevant goings-on in Lewisburg; organizing contact info and payment preferences, mailing fundraising info to alumni.
Intellectual and motivated environment
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAJune 13, 2017
Bucknell is a fast-paced place, but the work is satisfying and everyone loves what they do. Professors care about their students and students care about learning, which makes a great classroom environment.
Great place to get a head start
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAJune 9, 2017
I work at Bucknell as a student worker. I get to have experience in my field and see what it is really like out in the work force. I get to work with a lot of the hardware that is currently used in my field, and it gives me experience in my field which will allow me to get a job after I graduate.
Great education
Student (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAMay 18, 2017
I have thoroughly enjoyed my first year at Bucknell University, and U look forward to the next three years. The environment is very student friendly, and the small class sizes are amazing.
Learning environment
Teaching Assistant/Homework Grader (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAMay 3, 2017
I work as a TA(teaching assistant) and homework grader at Bucknell University. I enjoyed working with professors and gained a tremendous amount of experience.
Pros
Bucknell University will expose you to your weakest point.
Cons
Hard work is required if you want to be a true Bucknalian.
Great atmosphere
Casual work athletics (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAApril 20, 2017
Good people, enjoy working in sport in general and you cant beat bucknell .... just being apart of a great university .... hoping to get a full time job at the university...
Productive, Laid back, flexible hours
Weight Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAApril 16, 2017
Fantastic, great environment to work in, get to work by yourself with little supervision and restrictions, can listen to music for the duration of short 1 and 15 minutes shifts, shifts go by very fast
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Inconvenient at times, not being able to see professors at their office hours
Productive Workplace that allows you to make yourself better
Teaching Assistant, Economics (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAMarch 29, 2017
Working as a Teaching Assistant provides one with constant interaction with the professor and allows for reviewing the things learned during the courses that were taken beforehand.
Teaching assistant workplace is very relaxing as there is no pressure from the professor. You are allowed to use any methods that you feel applicable to accomplishing the objectives.
Hardest part of the job is to manage time to do all the grading and help students with their inquiries.
On the other hand the thing I most enjoyed about being a Teaching Assistant is that you get to revisit all the material of the course and experience in from a different perspective.
Pros
Revisiting Material
Cons
Long Work Hours
Valuable experience.
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAFebruary 8, 2017
Typical day at work is collecting or analyzing data for your research project depending on how far along your research is. Interaction with professionals vary amongst research positions. Some involve lots of interaction with local and regional officials, while others don't offer much exposure outside of peers and professors in the lab.
Pros
Free lunches are common.
Fun workplace
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAJanuary 30, 2017
A typical day consisted of scanning the pool deck and setting up various pool activities. I enjoyed the people I worked with and my boss very much.
I loved my experience
Group Leader/Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PANovember 20, 2016
I enjoyed the work and the organization. It was a good experience and I learned a significant amount about empowering students to overcome challenges.
Great place
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAOctober 10, 2016
Work day varies depending upon the customer. The company is relocating, otherwise a wonderful place to work in all aspects.

People are friendly, great place to learn.
Great research experience
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PASeptember 1, 2016
Bucknell University is a great place to work and it really supports scientific research. There isn't a lot of room for advancement but it's a great place to get research experience.
Productive and Active Workplace
Research Assistant, Bucknell University (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAMarch 23, 2016
The student calling program at Bucknell is a lively and dedicated workplace that aims to uphold the resources and development of the university. Each day that I go into to supervise, I have to lead, troubleshoot, and supervise my peers. I have never left the calling room without learning something new and I truly appreciate that about my job.
Good
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PADecember 16, 2015
I love Bucknell University, in general, and the Department of Physics and Astronomy, in particular. Professors are very friendly and approachable.
Strong educational environment with supportive managers
Reference Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PANovember 14, 2014
I spend a typical day answering reference questions from several different contact avenues. I also help answer directional questions and assist in circulation desk duties, while also supervising the circulation desk students. I have learned greater multitasking skills, as well as the intricacies of reference researching. The management here is spectacular and makes certain that you are well trained and not overworked. My co-workers are exceptionally nice. The hardest part of the job is when we have high demand for an item and are unable to get them the item right away. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to interact with people and help them find items. When we get unexpected requests, I get to learn something new each time, and I really enjoy that.
Pros
management, good training
Relaxed working environment focused on student learning.
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAOctober 11, 2014
As an undergraduate researcher, I was given the ability to pursue my project as I saw fit each day. This made the overall working experience very enjoyable and rewarding.
Productive Workplace
Interlibrary Loan Department (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAOctober 6, 2014
I have learned effective time management skills in order to balance academics and athletics and excel at both. I use my leadership skills on a daily basis directing our NCAA D1 track team. I thoroughly enjoy my classmates and teammates in class and on the track.
Productive and a lot of movement
Telephone Support (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAJune 25, 2014
Everyday I mainly log in phones and occasionally I terminate wall jacks for new phone systems.
Pros
Long break
Cons
Duties
Great work environment
Assistant Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAApril 4, 2014
This position gave me a great opportunity to develop and polish the necessary skills within BI field.