Bucknell University Employee Reviews

Great research experience
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PASeptember 1, 2016
Bucknell University is a great place to work and it really supports scientific research. There isn't a lot of room for advancement but it's a great place to get research experience.
I loved my experience
Group Leader/Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PANovember 20, 2016
I enjoyed the work and the organization. It was a good experience and I learned a significant amount about empowering students to overcome challenges.
Fun workplace
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAJanuary 30, 2017
A typical day consisted of scanning the pool deck and setting up various pool activities. I enjoyed the people I worked with and my boss very much.
Great place
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAOctober 10, 2016
Work day varies depending upon the customer. The company is relocating, otherwise a wonderful place to work in all aspects.

People are friendly, great place to learn.
Productive and Active Workplace
Research Assistant, Bucknell University (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAMarch 23, 2016
The student calling program at Bucknell is a lively and dedicated workplace that aims to uphold the resources and development of the university. Each day that I go into to supervise, I have to lead, troubleshoot, and supervise my peers. I have never left the calling room without learning something new and I truly appreciate that about my job.
Strong educational environment with supportive managers
Reference Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PANovember 14, 2014
I spend a typical day answering reference questions from several different contact avenues. I also help answer directional questions and assist in circulation desk duties, while also supervising the circulation desk students. I have learned greater multitasking skills, as well as the intricacies of reference researching. The management here is spectacular and makes certain that you are well trained and not overworked. My co-workers are exceptionally nice. The hardest part of the job is when we have high demand for an item and are unable to get them the item right away. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to interact with people and help them find items. When we get unexpected requests, I get to learn something new each time, and I really enjoy that.
Pros
management, good training
A great university to work for!
Assistant Women's Volleyball Coach (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAJanuary 8, 2014
My time at Bucknell was great. The athletic staff has a great working relationship with the rest of the university. Management of the volleyball team was demanding but realistic and positive. Working with the athletes posed some challenges due to the lifestyle they were accustomed to before joining our team, but seeing the students grow and learn was the most rewarding experience.
Productive Workplace
Interlibrary Loan Department (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAOctober 6, 2014
I have learned effective time management skills in order to balance academics and athletics and excel at both. I use my leadership skills on a daily basis directing our NCAA D1 track team. I thoroughly enjoy my classmates and teammates in class and on the track.
Beautiful Campus Many Exceptional Students
Professors Assistant, Education Department (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAJuly 26, 2012
In addition to a variety of projects and enhancements to the professor's work-flow, it was a true added bonus to learn from him on a one-one basis about the problems facing education today, early childhood development, etc. It was akin to taking college level courses (grad and undergrad) where you were the only student and interacted/engaged directly with the instructor each session. It was an element I did not expect when I first took the position but it proved to be both enlightening and extremely rewarding.

The university itself is located in picturesque downtown Lewisburg, PA. All the staff and faculty I interacted with were extremely friendly and personable.
Good
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PADecember 16, 2015
I love Bucknell University, in general, and the Department of Physics and Astronomy, in particular. Professors are very friendly and approachable.
Productive workplace with great co-workers.
Technology Field Specialist (Former Employee) –  Computer CenterFebruary 21, 2012
Worked with a lot of great people and learned a lot of technical skills. Very informative and organized. Treated very well by management.
Carpenter, Grounds Maint., Warehouse,Custodian (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAOctober 29, 2013
I had many different jobs on campus. Enjoyed working with different people on a daily basis.
Pros
Great people, job security
Cons
Not many
Collaborative and friendly work environment
Organic Chemical Research (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAApril 10, 2013
Bucknell University offers ample research opportunities and quality education for anyone seeking an MS in chemistry. The faculty is top notch, there's a lot of collaboration between labs, and the curriculum for the MS in Chemistry program is a great combination of all chemistry disciplines. 5 stars all the way.
Relaxed working environment focused on student learning.
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAOctober 11, 2014
As an undergraduate researcher, I was given the ability to pursue my project as I saw fit each day. This made the overall working experience very enjoyable and rewarding.
Great work environment
Assistant Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAApril 4, 2014
This position gave me a great opportunity to develop and polish the necessary skills within BI field.
Great learning experience
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAJanuary 3, 2013
Gives you an deeper look into how the structure of a company is run. Demanding but yet very rewarding to see your students achieve at a high level.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
nothing
Wonderful educational institution
Head Volleyball Coach (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PADecember 10, 2013
My years at Bucknell afforded me an opportunity to work with many wonderful people.
Bucknell
Geotechnical Summer Research; (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAJune 6, 2012
Great place to be. Very friend people and workers alike.
I have enjoyed it here.
Great learning enviorment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAMay 29, 2012
While working at Bucknell University, the faculty proved to be very helpful in developing research projects similar to how it occurs in industry
Great after school job
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAJune 6, 2013
Basically 5-9 and work weekends. It's a fun job, and you meet alot of great people. Only drawback is having to put up with college kids.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bucknell University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8