Budco Employee Reviews

Good
Detroit Michigan- picker or packer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 20, 2017
Nice place to work and good pay nice people. The work place was clean and friendly. They are about their business. They treat you like humans. Buck listen to you.
No job security!
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MIFebruary 12, 2017
Give 110% effort...never miss a day of work...be awarded for your performance and your reward is to be shown the door.

Company is losing more business that it's getting and has a long history of layoffs and no raises. There were about 900 people there at one time and less than half of that now.

The corporate culture is regardless of how long you have worked there or how good you are at your job, when it comes time to cut heads they keep the youngest people regardless of their qualifications who they can pay the least.
Cons
Very reliable and love working with a great team to make the company stronger.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 27, 2017
Im a great uplifting person who loves working with people to create a great work environment plus add perks to the company.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Nice lunch breaks
my thoughts
Assembly Line Worker/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MIJanuary 20, 2017
job was fun learned a lot driving the forklift threw out the plant picking orders rapping and boxing them up work was easy driving a stand up hilo picking the oders
It's a fun place to work.
Temporary Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MIJanuary 2, 2017
My typical day at Budco was working an 8-hour shift. Throughout my four years of employment, I had various job positions in warehouse and learned how to be a team player and a group leader.

My co-workers were great to work with we completed the assignments together as a team on a timely basis.

The hardest part of my job was being a group leader and having to keep documentation of the assignments we completed for the day, and keeping count of all the products that were sent out for the day.
Pros
Steady hours and off on weekends.
Cons
Temporary
Dialog Direct is formally known as Budco
Group Lead (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MISeptember 7, 2016
Dialog direct is the same company as Budco.
Every since Dialog Direct bought the company it has been more organized and well structured.
Productive and fun work place
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MINovember 30, 2015
Capable of learning new concepts quickly, working well under pressure, and communicating ideas clearly and effectively.
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MISeptember 24, 2015
Clock in and get to your station get your list of items and pack them in a box to be ready for shipment. I learned that time can be very costly. It is a big company so management will not get to know how you will like unless you go talk to them. Co-work there are like workers anywhere you will get to know some of them because you are working so close with them. Its a good place to work the best part was the schedule.
Pros
Schdules
Data Entry Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MISeptember 19, 2015
Manage and provided feedback to my team
Monitored team
Managed Attendance and daily data entry activities
Set goals for team project
Managed inventory
what you learned
Assembly line worker (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MISeptember 16, 2015
What I learned is that you can not trust not even those that you work with unless they are an true friend and they know your struggle.... long hours but you got through your day
Pros
descent hours, nice pay
Cons
not alot of promising working days
I would have loved to work here on a permanent basis
Dependent Audit Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MIAugust 7, 2015
I Monitored and adjusted Blue Pumpkin for call center staffing needs, Performed service observes and gave feedback within 48 hours of call, and processed confidential information in the system.I learned to coach agents by their characteristics instead doing a standard coaching that I would do for everyone.
Management was fun and very approachable. Co-workers were great,we hung out after work. The hardest part of the job was informing customers they were ineligible for insurance. The most enjoyable part of the job was successfully processing a claim for a customer to qualify for insurance.
Pros
Great working environment, team work, co-workers
Cons
Not in a nice area
ok place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 5, 2015
Typical day would be getting straight to work so will not be behind

Supervisors were kinda cool and a little down to earth

Co-workers stayed to themselves, everyone did their work to get in and out of work on time
Productive Workplace
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  MIAugust 1, 2015
Learning how Boxtops operates and the different techniques the system uses to process information. Co-workers are nice. Hardest part is maintaining the work area by yourself if your doing 3 things at one time.
Worst company
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MIJune 29, 2015
The company has a culture that feels like modern day sweatshops. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.I didn't like it at all.
Excellent job position with Budco.
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MIJune 24, 2015
Excellent job position with DTE.

Unfortunately, economic times forced to seek another position with hight pay .

Sought another Oracle specialist as a contractor.
Very stressful environment
Packer (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MIMay 17, 2015
I felt like the company needed to be more organized. I felt mis treated as a employee. I was still a team player until the end of my work there. I was working threw a temp service and the time frame for that imparticular job had expired.
Projects
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MIApril 20, 2015
Implement and foresee completion of HR/Benefit Enrollment programs as a third party administrator. Prepare and present implementation options in client relationship management. Assure successful contact center implementation and management during enrollment period(s). Work directly with General Managers, Vice Presidents, and Chief Operating Offices to ensure successful enrollments and program distributions.
Pros
Flexibility, Culture
Cons
ok produtive place or company to work nice poeple easy going job to have
Warehouse Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MIApril 11, 2015
ok produtive place or company to work nice poeple easy going job to have fast pace work good experience after first break are the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
sometimes free lunch
Cons
ok breaks
Inbalanced
Assembly Specailist (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MIApril 6, 2015
This company is fairly okay. Your aren't really guaranteed to work everyday unless they need you. Overall the company is fast paced you have to meet standard every hour. Meaning that you HAVE 1 HOUR TO FOLD 250 pieces of papers.
Administration is the nucleus of a company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 24, 2015
Budco is one of the greatest places to work. The compensation was fair, the staff are kind and family oriented, the training was clear, concise and prepares you for the task at hand.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Budco. Our community is ready to answer.