Budd Van Lines Employee Reviews in United States

Nice at first but look out
Office (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJApril 7, 2016
Biggest finger pointing company I have ever known. You get promoted as long as you're in the click. They claim to have any open door policy but you put your job in jeopardy if you complain about management or someone that management likes. I know someone had a frivolous claim about them and they were fired. No warning was given. But someone else had the same complaint made about them and they received a warning.
They over work the employees demanding they work late with no compensation.
HR dept needs a huge overhaul. The director is a liar and backstabber.
Pros
Location, location, location
Cons
No raises, no one feels safe in their job
treated employees like dirt
coder (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJNovember 16, 2015
during peak seasons there was so much work and not enough people to do the work. many people worked very long hours and it still was not enough the only one who benefited from this was the owner and his family.
Pros
there was none
Cons
could not have a summer vacation
Terribly managed company
Assistant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJOctober 4, 2013
Budd Van Lines makes you believe that you are worthy to them, when you are not. They claim to have an "open door" policy but make you feel like you are wrong if you express your opinion. Human resources has a very tight bond with managers so if ever go to HR on an issue, you are treated differently the next day. They promote people that lack common sense to managerial positions because they know someone in upper management. Six years, one raise! They claim "salary freeze due to economy", however they are always investing in high-tech devices. I worked from home, several times one summer, after a full day of work and was never compensated. Beware, this company is not what it seems! Of course the VP of National Sales gives them a 5 star rating! I would too if I was making 6-figures a year.
Pros
co-workers, outside agents
Cons
high medical insurance, managers, staged meetings with the owner, no raises, inadequate compensation for what you do, no christmas parties, no bonuses
Productive workplace
Treasury Administrator (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJMay 4, 2014
Good environment to work. The management is great. Good benefits.
Pros
people
Cons
travel time
could be great
Assistant Coordinator Client Services (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJMarch 27, 2013
The company could be a great company to work work for.
However they need re-organzation in the management department.
They claim advancement that is far from the truth. With a week of training your are to know everything about your job and everyone else's.

If they took the time to train properly they would be able to keep people that are hard working.
Also, the work environment would be much better if grown adults were not spoken to as if they were children.

There is no real team work as they would have you believe. It is who can we blame vs. how do we correct issues that repeatedly come up.
Pros
most co-workers are friendly
Cons
management needs reorganization
Fun workplace when out in the field
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJOctober 8, 2013
A typical work day for mw was arriving early (5:00am) to prep and fuel truck for travel and job. Management was like at anythonther place. You have your great managers and those who though they were the best and snobbish. I always smiled and said hello.
The hardest part of the job was the long hours of packing houses and loading trucks.
I loved the traveling and see other areas of the country.
Pros
the many friends i made
Cons
if they don't like you they found a way to get rid of you
Prestigious Company
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJJanuary 22, 2015
This company is truly the best in the business. They expect high quality employees in order to produce the high quality service that they are know for.
Pros
prestige
Cons
high volume
Working in Payroll
Payroll & HR Admin (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJSeptember 1, 2014
When I started with Clearview, I was told that the company would be moving to Long Island and found the job with Budd Van Lines. Working with the payroll administrator ran a weekly payroll. Job ended after 3 months with a Layoff.
Relaxed enviroment to work in
Credit Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJApril 20, 2012
It was a relaxed environment to work in. I learned alot working there in the credit management field.
It's a pleasure working at Budd! Great people!
Vice President of National Sales (Current Employee) –  NJ HQApril 5, 2013
The best part about Budd is the commitment to our customers. Moving is really stressful. It's an absolute blast when we make the experience easier for families.
Pros
casual open door environment
Executive relocations
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Somerset,NJJune 19, 2014
Pack and load drivers, This is the place for you. Most moves are truck load.18.000 - 25.000 pounds. When I worked there, we had great accounts.
Pros
own the bussines
Cons
own the company
I was disappointed in my experience at Budd.
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJMarch 8, 2013
The company expects total loyalty from their employees but provides no loyalty in return.
Pros
i enjoyed working with my coworkers
Cons
i found the managers to be biased
Good Place to work
record clerk (Former Employee) –  somerset njNovember 20, 2011
Budd Van lines was a very good job i enjoyed working there.. but i did receive a better job offer and decedied to move on
Pros
great gifts
Cons
no cons

2.7