Buddy's Home Furnishings Employee Reviews in United States

awesome job long hours
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLNovember 29, 2015
Typical day at work starts at 9 and can last until 10pm long hours good boss, bad up management, good coworkers no family time expend too much time at work
Pros
good pay
Cons
long working hours
Dreadful place to work
A worker (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 14, 2015
I would only suggest working here if you are a younger person, with no home life (Wife, kids, family, friends, etc) and nothing better to do with yourself, because you will not be working only 40 hours a week, and you will not have any certain schedule or job duties/role. Starting out in the company, you will need to put aside 1 year of your life to work harder than you have ever worked for minimum wage ($10-$12 an hour) and horrible benefits. You will have no support, no training, and will not be able to take PTO. Nothing I just stated will change when you get promoted, except the pay, in fact the hours will increase, the support will decrease, and the management above you will look more like vultures picking at your dead body, then managers & support teams. If you are good at what you do, and by good I mean you are basically a good liar, cheat and know how to manipulate the people around you well (especially the customers) then you would have earned yourself a whopping $50k-$70k a year with some PTO that you will NEVER be allowed to use. The business model for RTO (especially the culture in Buddy's Northwest) is minimize staffing, and support, maximize profits regardless of everything else, or as they will call it "a numbers driven business" which translate to "Get your numbers, no questions asked, or get out"
Productive Work Environment
Asst. Mgr/MIT (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARNovember 4, 2015
I enjoy sales and the management of work team. The daily interactions with potential customers and exsisting customers, drives my sensation for an open work environment. There is an satisfaction at the end of a day looking back over the tasks that has been completed and the gains of the day. I learned to be patient and endure both good and bad results of sales events, plus keeping the cutomer satisified with our service. My co-workers and I worked well with each other because of the repor that was established between each other during the course of a work day and beyond. The hardest part of the job was losing a unsatisfied customer. Not only have we lost business and an valued customer. but an opportunity to bulild commission for yourself.
Pros
Upbeat busy work tempo
Cons
Having to work each weekend with sports being a major factor in my childrens life.
Fast Paced
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLNovember 10, 2015
It was a good company to work for up until it lost its focus on personnel and started to reach for national status. It lost its identity in the acquisition process and brought in upper management that did not care about the culture it worked so hard to create.
Pros
family oriented
Cons
middle management
cowtant and tout
Assistant Store Manager/Customer Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  new york nyApril 29, 2015
love it great co-work, great management and environment. great location. great pay. great hours, overtime, and benefits.
Avoid Working With Buddies and Buying
delivery truck driver (Former Employee) –  southwest FloridaJanuary 7, 2016
Management is very fishy and does not enforce proper ethics unless it is there favor. This goes towards employees and the customers.
manager almost got me arrested
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXMarch 21, 2016
The manager almost got me arrested at the buddy's in baytown would not advise to work underneath him hes rude and thoughtless to employs and customers
wonderful ceos
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  thomasville, gaAugust 10, 2015
a typical day revolved around the basic functions of greeting customers. being confined to a computer and not much hands on interaction as much as i wanted it to. The management was all over the place, there wasn't any real structure and there was no leading by example. I couldn't ask for better co workers great team. the hardest part of the job was none, it was all natural to me especially coming from sales since 2005. The most enjoyable part of the job was of course the customers and meeting their needs and seeing the smiles.
Productive, Efficient, Initiative, Detail-Oriented, Proactive, Profficient, Prompt.
Sales & Accounts (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CADecember 6, 2015
Helping customers with payment plans on a rent-to-own system for furniture, appliances, electronics, providing excellent customer service and efficiency.
Slow workplace
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Vidalia, GADecember 1, 2015
There was not much business at the store I was assigned to. Very few accounts were opened. Tried to recruit more new customer accounts on a regular basis but was not to successful.
it was a fun work place everyone got along like family
office assistant (Former Employee) –  corpus ChristiAugust 26, 2015
got to work opened safe counted money made sure it all added up with sales turned on all the computers and machines we used would then check emails and answer if needed give the boss emails and any faxes or mail that came in. went to desk ad started on filing paper work on furniture coming to store or out of store answered phone calls and transferred the call to the right co worker, It was great working there
Pros
hour lunch helped with schedule
Cons
great benefits and good bosses
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 17, 2015
i worked here for 12 years. my bosses were very good to me. great benefits.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCJune 3, 2015
Working with a franchise is the best way to go. My franchise owner is very supportive and encouraging. He has expectations and our team does exceed them. There is a huge advancement opportunity within the store, a great open door policy, and great morale. I can see myself with this company for many years to come.
Pros
Great balance between work/home
Cons
Can be tricky to get time off
Fun place to work and mostly productive
SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXJune 26, 2015
Very busy, customer service oriented, good management, great co workers. The hardest part of the job was having to turn down someone or to pick up someones merchindise. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers to obtain whatever it was that they needed from us.
Good job
Office Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMay 25, 2013
Good place to work but they have a high turnover rate for store management. They have great benefits & a family atmosphere. Remember to keep your sales up or you risk having your job threatened. Usually it's by a store manager or district manager.
Can be challenging and rewarding
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Palatka, FLMarch 23, 2015
A fast paced working environment. Can be challenging at times. Has a intense focus on sales and customer service. With the company expanding there is room for advancement.
Pros
opportunity to earn bonuses
Cons
no family life
Great Learning Experience
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Winslow, AZApril 29, 2014
You will always be learning at this business. Everyone is cross-trained to fill-in or help out. If you want to learn about sales and customer service this is a good place to learn.

Management has an open-door policy and open communication. If you have any questions or do not understand how to do your job, they will take the time to show you how or answer your questions

The hardest part of the job is the amount of time you have to put into your work to be successful, but the best part of the job is knowing you worked for that success.

Most enjoyable part of this business is getting ready for the special events for customers and showing the customers how much you valued their patronage.
Pros
open communication, family oriented, great bonus incentives
Cons
lack of health care coverage in rural areas.
a new learning tool given daily
Store Mng. Asst.Mng. Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 23, 2015
a new and exciting way to meet people and help meet the needs of customers. Working together as a team to get the job done, going above call of duty to make sure customer is satisfied with product.. Being able to explain how the company was started and how it has grown.
Pros
fun enviroment
Cons
n/a
work all the time
Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  flMarch 11, 2015
If you want a job where you work all the time and have no time for your family buddys is the place for you 50 hrs per week and the dont like you to use your vac time
Great working environment
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 13, 2014
I would recommend Buddy's to anyone. It is the kind of working environment where anyone looking to succeed with thrive in. They also offer a wonderful work/life balance for all employees.