Buddy's Home Furnishings Employee Reviews

A exciting job
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKApril 1, 2017
On a day to day basis i had to manage the sells floor and hit the daily and month sales goals that were required by the company standers. Also had to do sales marketing on a day to day workday, I worked a average of 50 to 55 hrs per week or even more if needed. The work atmosphere was okay a lot of daily issues with co-workers but non the less was fun.
Pros
Good experience for management
Cons
long hours and no family time
great company to work for, ive ben there for a year and the company seems to be expanding in the rite direction, i love working there
rm (Current Employee) –  AlabamaMarch 13, 2017
great company to work for, staff is great, upper management is great, I've ben there for a year and I really enjoy it, I think its one of the best rto company's to work for
unstable company, closed store without notice
Credit collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCMarch 10, 2017
poor management, poor upper management, long hours, no opportunity for advancement. Unrealistic goals, high pressure company, poor customer service, lack of training.
Pros
non
Cons
job stability
Typical Rent to Own place
GERNERAL MANAGER / SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAMarch 8, 2017
Great place to work if you are sales driven and don't mind working long hours! A typical day would include making sales calls, business to business marketing. Calling past due accounts and holding associates accountable to ensure daily, weekly and monthly goals are met.
Pros
Potentiel bonuses
Cons
Long work hours
Most of the co-workers were cool.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 7, 2017
This was a decent place to work and if you stayed long enough you could advance into management. However some of that had to do with a high turnover ratio.Fortunately I was single because of the hours the job might be stressful for an individual married with children.
Pros
Decent pay due to overtime.
Cons
Didn't like late hours and working Saturdays.
Ok pay. No time for family
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCMarch 2, 2017
No time for anything else but work. Customers are rude. I was told that it was a better place to work than RAC, but obviously that was a lie. It is much worse
Good job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wagoner, OKFebruary 24, 2017
Fun place to work. Fun people to work with great pay loved the job. Good hours. Not to much hard work. Co-workers were more like family. Not a stressful atmosphere at all. Great energy.
Sucks
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  NCFebruary 11, 2017
There is absolutely no room for advancement. You can out work your GM and still no acknowledgement for the work done. This is by far the worst RTO company I've worked for. The pay for the work you do is poor especially being an "assistant" to the GM. They have no set pay scale. New employees with no experience can come in making more then you.
Pros
I love the customer interactions
Cons
The Manager doesn't have what it takes to be the GM
More at work then at home time
Delivery Technician (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 7, 2017
You feel you are here more then you are anywhere. The store managers are awesome but the higher up management treat you like you are worthless. They make things way harder then need be.
Okay Job
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 4, 2017
Company standards are fair but the Tools need aren't available. I've discovered that I'm a natural sales person I just need an adequate amount to sale
Great place at first, then quickly turned for the very worse.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  New MexicoJanuary 31, 2017
This was the first in my life of working that I have never been compensated for time worked. Worse company in history to work for. I would never recommend it to anyone. Regional does not know the answer to a lot of questions and everyone above him makes excuses for his actions. You give your all with no return!!
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Not paid for hours worked. Lake of knowledge by upper management.
Great coworkers, not so great managment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXDecember 29, 2016
I worked there over a year and gave my 110% but with the manager I had I wasn't reimbursed. I used my personal vehicle to pick up merchandize and to run past due accounts and was never paid back. I was promised a raise 3 months in and they took a whole year. The regional manager has good intentions but I'm not the only one he's over promised to and under delivered. Management seems all over the place. They're great people but I never felt like my job was secure, doesn't matter how many sales you get, it's never enough.
Pros
sometimes you win lunch, coworkers are awesome
Cons
overpromising, no job security
job is ok but its not for a family man. there is hardly any free time with this company.
Warehouse Worker/Driver (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GADecember 27, 2016
My days at work aren't too bad but I hardly have any family time. Employees are required every saturday unless you request off a month in advance. there are no rotating weekends or anything.
Pros
pay is descent
Cons
hardly and free time
Enjoyed the Job
Store Manager/ Sales Trainer (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 26, 2016
I was the Store manager but I started with the company as a Account rep and worked my way up quickly. The Job was hard and required alot of hours but overall it was fun and exciting
great place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 21, 2016
great place to work. great people. great deals. the owner was very helpful and we found alot of deals we could not find any where else. i would reccomend to this place to anyone looking for a deal.
Pros
deals
Cons
closed
Every great job has its challenges!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLOctober 7, 2016
The company has changed a lot over the past few years and most the changes have been for the best and the company is more solid as a result. RTO is a performance based business and if you can come to work every day with the right attitude and do right by your staff and especially your customers, you'll do great.

If you just want a pay check, it might not be for you.

If you meet or beat the companies expectations (weekly standards), you'll most likely be promoted and increase your salary. The best part of the job is working closely with the same people inside of a store and becoming a team and they almost become like a family.

The difficulty in RTO and not just Buddy's is finding work/personal life balances. I find that if you work hard while you're at work and do what you're supposed to do, you won't have to work insane hours. If you try and take short cuts and fail at making quick decisions, you'll probably sink instead of swimming.

The company has great benefits and a 401K after six months. Pay is above average and overtime is pretty much mandatory for most positions. There is no set schedule either, it all depends on how busy a store is, how many customers you serve and how well you do it.

This company has been great to me and my family.
Pros
Great pay and atmosphere
Cons
Do the right thing and great things will happen. Enough said.
Customer service
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXSeptember 29, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is customer service, I truly like being a team player and helping out others. The company do not offer any advancement.
Pros
Customer relations
Cons
Nepotism practices
Good place to work with the public
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCSeptember 29, 2016
Had a great day helping customer furnish their homes.
Learned how to run a business for a independent owner.
Owner was a great person to wok with.
the most enjoyable part of the job was on Friday and Saturday when you got to see most of the customers.
Buddys is better
Credit and Collections Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 29, 2016
I enjoy the people I work with but its really hard to balance family and work. I do love all the customers I get to meet on a daily basis. It keeps the job interesting
Long hours, not enouh pay, poor training, no total team effort, ineffective sales environment
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 20, 2016
Manager is a huge procrastinator! Never gets anything done on time. Horrible accounts dept. I would not recommend this job if you are seeking longevity.
Pros
A way to make some money
Cons
Poor communication, lack of knowledge from management, business is slow, store upkept poorly, lack of effort from store management, looked down upon if you're educated, will see you as a threat

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buddy's Home Furnishings. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8