Budnick Converting, Inc., headquartered in Columbia, IL (in the St. Louis, MO metropolitan area), is a privately held and female owned corporation. Budnick’s primary focus is specialty converting of adhesive coated tapes and foams. Budnick remains on the leading edge of adhesive tape converting technology; currently utilizing 50 cutting, slitting, laminating, printing and spooling machines to convert materials into labor saving customized parts. For more information on Budnick, please visit our website at www.budnick.com.
TITLE: SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Reports To: VP of Sales & Marketing
FLSA Class: Exempt
POSITION PURPOSE: Responsible for generating business to business sales with industrial manufactures and distributors within a defined territory that includes the state of Texas and parts of Oklahoma, Dallas – Fort Worth home office preferred. Identify, initiate, cultivate, and close new business, while working to maintain and increase business with existing customers. 80% of time spent in front of customers, with approximately 30 - 40% overnight stays.
1. Visit establishments and keep in contact with customers on a regular basis initiating, cultivating, maintaining and closing new business in designated territory. Prepare sales presentations and proposals that explain product specifications and applications. Emphasize product features based on analyses of customer’s needs, and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.
2. Work in conjunction with purchasing, customer service, estimation, credit, accounts payable, production & shipping to ensure that the customer’s business is handled accurately.
3. Request & create quotes for customers’ requests though the Budnick computer software. Work with estimation by providing feedback to help select the correct products or assist customers in making product selections, based on the customers’ needs, product specifications, and applications. Provide samples to initiate testing, and work directly with the various end user’s production teams to test and integrate material in the end user’s production environment.
4. Work with estimator and account manager regarding customer business, new opportunities, follow ups on quotes and orders; managing business as a team. Serve as the responsible team member to cultivate and close business. Support all team members through constant and effective communication, with the primary focus being to help take care of the customer.
5. Provide customers with ongoing technical support. Recommend ways for customers to alter product usage in order to improve production.
6. Document and log all customer contact in the Budnick computer software for tracking purposes; maintaining customer records.
7. Work closely with key vendors to establish relationships, to develop leads, and to develop new accounts.
8. Stock and distribute resources such as samples and promotional and educational materials.
9. Follow up on leads acquired by Budnick Converting, Inc. Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
10. Complete expense reports, sales forecasts, target account spreadsheet, sales reports, and other paperwork.
11. Perform duties safely and maintain high level of safety awareness.
12. Communicate sales ideas and accomplishments to the VP of Sales and Marketing. Assist in the development of long term sales strategies & helps implement the plan(s) developed.
Skills: Excellent interpersonal and communications skills required. Good organizational and problem solving skills a must. Should have a working competency with all office equipment. Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office software required. Good mathematical aptitude and problem solving skills required.
Ability: Conduct business in a professional, positive and courteous manner. Listen effectively, respond clearly, write legible and read a variety of written instructions. Work cooperatively with a variety of individuals. Adapt to interruptions, changes, emergencies, repetition and pressure without losing effectiveness and composure. Quickly grasp new concepts, approaches or systems. Employ resourcefulness when problem solving to meet customer needs.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required; a bachelor’s degree is preferred. Course work related to general business, sales or industry specific topics desired.
Experience: 3 plus years of customer service and/or sales experience at another company in a comparable position preferred. Knowledge of pressure sensitive tape industry is ideal.
Driving Record: All candidates must have a valid driver’s license plus have a clean driving record with no serious traffic offenses. Proof of auto insurance is required.
PACKAGE DETAILS: Base Salary + Commission, fully paid expenses and a comprehensive benefit program including medical, dental, vision, health savings account, group and supplemental life, disability, 401K & Roth retirement savings plans.
Interested Candidates should send a resume and salary requirements to:
Budnick Converting, Inc.
Human Resources Dept.
PO Box 197
Columbia, IL 62236
Fax: (618) 281-6308
Equal Opportunity Employer
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK PERFORMED BY PEOPLE ASSIGNED TO THIS CLASSIFICATION. THEY ARE NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL JOB DUTIES PERFORMED BY THE PERSONNEL SO CLASSIFIED.