Buehler's Fresh Foods Employee Reviews

Cashiering
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wadsworth, OHOctober 9, 2017
I worked as a cashier at Buehler's Fresh Foods. There is a lot to learn but it comes quickly and customers understand for the most part. You work with your bagger and things usually flow easily.
Great working environment with great benefits
Front End Curtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHSeptember 30, 2017
It was a great place to work and the people there were great. I had many fun hours of work and am glad that I got to experience those times with great coworkers and customers.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Tedious work, Long days
Pays well. Works with request.
Point of Sale Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 26, 2017
Buehler's pays employees well for many positions. They understand employees have lives so the occasional weekend or vacation are usually given. Good starter job that can turn into career.
I loved the bakery
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHSeptember 4, 2017
I worked in the bakery my senior year and leading up until i left for Culinary Arts school. My boss was the best boss I've ever had, my co-workers were the best also. The job was really simple there wasn't anything I didn't like doing. We made sure the case was alywas full, the floor was always stocked and customers were always happy.
Good first job
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Coshocton, OHAugust 13, 2017
I'm glad this was my first job. Working in retail was a very good experience and I got to meet many flattering coworkers and customers. Though I felt the need to leave, due to the fact that I was severely under-worked here, as I prepare to finance myself through school.
Pros
Easy, Laid-back, Discounted food
Cons
Underworked
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 2, 2017
I worked there for three years while pursuing my undergraduate degree. They were flexible with my hours and I was able to gain great experience. Would recommend to college students as a part time job.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Do not promote from within
Very fast paced and good environment to work in.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Orrville, OHMay 28, 2017
A very good fun environment with always having something to do so that I could keep busy. I like to keep busy. Very sanitary and fast paced. Overall great place to work.
Pros
Free soda and 10% discount on meals.
a pay check
Stocking Associate (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHMarch 14, 2017
Like i said in the summary its a paycheck. Not all bad to work but the people are too into your business and gossip way too much. Also the job changes constantly to keep up with the store managers and ceos wants
Best company
Server (Current Employee) –  Wooster, OHJanuary 17, 2017
I absolutely love my time working for beuhlers. The "our family" slogan in 100% accurate. The co-workers are fantastic and you couldn't ask for better managers.
Great service
Salad Bar Attendant (Former Employee) –  Orrville, OHDecember 30, 2016
Everybody was awesome to work with. We all got along even when times were busy. The work place was clean. I enjoyed working there
Fun place to work
Dish Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHNovember 16, 2016
I was able to talk to lots of people as well as understand how a kitchen is run in a restaurant. I liked the atmosphere of the job, but i didn't get enough hours.
Pros
Food discounts.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Overall a nice place to work, family feel
Bagger/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Dover, OHSeptember 30, 2016
It's a good place to work, not so much for a long term job. Not easy to move up in the "food chain". Usually easy shifts to work, most of the time they schedule you 4-6 hours at a time. Fun people to work with, but they get angry if you need to call off; however, they are nice enough if you show up a few minutes late, usually with an excuse.
Pros
triple reward points on groceries
Cons
short breaks
job openings
Production Baker (Former Employee) –  Wooster OhioSeptember 26, 2016
I'm on here looking for a job BECAUSE Buehlers laid off production bakers because we were fulltime. They didn't offer us part time, they reduced the workforce. I loved my job there, showed up everyday for over 7 years, did my job, & then all of a sudden I was gone. Great place to work if you only want part time.
Going down hill
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Jackson township, OhioSeptember 23, 2016
Since under different management the work place is awful. Current manager treats employees in a rude and disrespectful manner. It's no longer a good place to work. Time for a manager who know how to run a store
Cons
Current manager is not good to employees
worst job I have ever worked
Night stocker (Former Employee) –  Wadsworth, OHJune 9, 2016
By far the worst job I ever worked. I worked here over a year and found management is horrible, when I started we was working 7 hour shifts some days and 8 on other days. Then management said no more 8 hour shifts only 7 hours forever, then they cut to 6 hours per shift then 5 1/2 hours then to 5 then as time went on as far as 3 1/2 hours per shift on select days and 5 on the other days. It was not worth the time, gas and mileage in the winter to drive through all the winter for 3 and a half hours. All the time they was doing this they not only expected you to get all your regular work done but to actually give you extra work most times. It was so bad a lady I worked with would actually clock out at the max time they would let you on the clock and she would finish working an hour or 2 off the clock because it was impossible to get her big work load done in the time they would cut from us. The final straw for me was when they cut a few of my little 5 hours days to 3 and a half hours and expecting me to get 7 hours worth of work done and they told me "next week we need to make more cuts" I thought how much more can you cut?. They said "next week we need to cut you the whole week so dont show up next week at all and return to work the week after". I never seen such a poor management. You will never get anywhere working here, its a total waste of time. If your a student and need literally a few bucks or your a wife who has a husband making decent money and need to pick up a few bucks then this job is for you but if your trying to make any kind of living or money forget it. The  more... most I ever maxed out on weekly hours was 28 hours in a week and that was an occasional "big hours week". When I applied for the job it advertised 40 hours, after the interview and on orientation day when your signing paperwork after all you went through to get the job and stopped looking at other potential jobs because things was moving with this job only then at that last moment before starting work do they inform you the most you will ever max out on a good week is 28 hours. After I quit I seen the ad for my old job being advertised for 40 hours. Do yourself a favor and run if your trying to make any money. There was one loser girl there stocking nights who worked that position for 28 years. I dont know how she has stocked shelves all her life and seeing how I and everyone else was treated over a year only a fool would stay. My biggest regret is staying as long as I did in hope it would or could get better.  less
Pros
Cons
Everything about the entire job
Bad management in the bakery.
Decorator (Former Employee) –  Jackson Belden, OHMay 13, 2016
Lots of drama. Upper management won't listen if you have a problem. Lots of cake decorators walk out of this job. Decorator
Horrible place to work
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHMay 2, 2016
They over work and under pay their employees, no future for anyone to become full time, and once you reach top pay, that's it, no cost of living raises or anything. Horrible and expensive health insurance
Nice place to work, but pay is too low.
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHMarch 1, 2016
This is a really nice place to work, with nice people to work with, but the pay is very low and I only get 20hrs a week. There really is no chance of me making a career out of this place.
Great place to work for students
Aisle Clerk (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHJanuary 21, 2016
What can I say; it's a grocery store. They only give part-time hours and basically (when I was still there) wiped away all benefits. Also not much room for advancement.
Pros
Good for teenagers/students
Cons
Low pay, few hours given to work, lack of benefits.
A Good Place To Work At
Catering Speacilist (Current Employee) –  Delaware, OHJanuary 19, 2016
Checking emails and phone messages going over orders calling in orders for food products and ordering supplies preparing food orders
You always give yourself enough time to prepare and cook food so that everything is done right and goes out on time management teaches you everyone works differently long as it gets done making sure that the customer is pleased with their orders and most of the people I work with we work will together

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buehler's Fresh Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7