Buffalo Exchange Employee Reviews

Chill environment
BUYER (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 6, 2017
met a lot of people, learned alot from Clothing brands, trends, very fun place to work at if you love fashion. It will never feel like work! Fun environment, you can wear whatever you like.
Pros
discounts, first dibs, Pto, paid overtime
Cons
poor management
Fast Paced, Growth within positions, fun, customer oriented and fashion forward
employee (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 18, 2017
New opportunities come on a daily basis for education, training and development. Works directly with community to create a positive company culture and promote local business. Promotes fashion, art and self expression. Very fast paced. Proactive means for advancement, through outside of work and education isn't a must but helpful.
Pros
Great benefits, completive wages for management positions, fun, locally owned, customer and fashion driven, allows for self-expression.
Cons
Starting wage, work often goes home with you
Fun place to work
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 29, 2017
Really great business, I was very passionate about the job, but i didn't find much room for growth. I find their attendance policy ineffective and the cause of the incredibly quick turnover at the store.
Productive and fun place to work with ability to grow in company
Cashier (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2017
Working at Buffalo Exchange was a great experience. This is a job that you are able to grow within. Amazing environment if you are looking to learn about fashion or if you are already very into fashion this is a perfect place for you. Customer service is Buffalo's main concern as well as helping the customer find something they love.
Pros
Good vibes, fast paste, interesting customers
Discrimination
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 7, 2017
Unless you are a hard core rocker or hipster they treat you like bad.It doesn't matter how hard you work or how much experience you have they talk about you behind your back and replace you without even letting you know
Pros
cool merchandise
Cons
low pay, back stabbing
Great Interactive Learning Experience
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2017
You need to learn about a number of Brands and price points. It Incorporated a variety of styles with people from all walks of life. I certainly recommend this job for anyone in the future
Fun
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2017
The clothes were always a great thing to see. Everyday we got new inventory and spoke to really fun and entertaining customers. I learned something everyday
A labor of love
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 26, 2017
As the title states Buffalo Exchange is a labor of love. I've never had such an amazing time at work being surrounded by so many of my best friends. But not everything can be amazing. We work incredibly hard in a rapid pace and are not fairly compensated.
Pros
Everything...
Cons
The Pay
A train wreck
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 20, 2017
They pay you next to nothing and work you to the bone. They say there is room to grow but they never give out promotions. Theres always an excuse not to pay you more. Some promotions don't even come with a raise, they come with monthly gift cards to the store. If you value a good work life balance and fair compensation DO NOT WORK HERE.
A fun fashion-related job
Buyer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 15, 2017
Buying takes a few months to learn, and you need to know a wide variety of brands, trends, styles, etc to be good at buying. Management is overall good but you have to work for a long time to get a raise or ask for one over and over. A great company, usually great coworkers who all love fashion. Lots of customer service involved.
Pros
First picks on clothing
Cons
Underpaid for workload
Buffalo Exchange is awesome
ASSOCIATE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 6, 2017
Buffalo Exchange is a great place to work if you want to make it a career and you love Fashion. There are advancement opportunities. The company culture is really cool. A lot is required of you as a manager which makes sense but can get overwhelming, which is the case for most other management positions.

The thing with this job is that it isn't JUST a retail management position as your inventory depends on buying quality used clothing from customers. This can be stressful due to customers sensitivity to selling their items. Sometimes they can be very rude, and because this could be an "easy money" situation for people, some very undesirable clientele gets attracted to it.

But the staff and management are all really great and supportive and they train you really well to deal with these situations.
Pros
Awesome if you love Fashion, great Job Culture, Great Staff, opportunities for advancement
Cons
Occasional sketchy clientele, long hours, can be pretty exhausting
What a dump
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2017
I applied for the store manager position and was stared at and ignored by all the employees, including the current manager I was interviewing with, for 30 minutes before I just walked out. Customer-wise, this place is garbage. It's seriously the worst place you could shop.
it was good experience
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 5, 2017
it was good experienceit was good experience. the people were boogie, long hours stand for a long time. crazy people come in sometimes. I didn't love it.
Fun Place to work
BUYER TRAINER (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 16, 2017
The company is great. The job is fun and you can learn a lot from this place about fashion. You see a lot of things come in and out of the store and you have to keep yourself up with trends to be able to buy used clothing for the store. The workplace itself is fun and you definitely make lifelong friends.
Pros
Fun Job and Fun people
Cons
not too much room for growth
Great place to work and meet new people!!!
Buyer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 5, 2017
Loved working here; job culture is great and they teach you a lot about fashion. You could know absolutely nothing and stick with them for three months- before you know it, you're a pro.
Fun place to work, learned a lot!
Buyer/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 24, 2017
Working at Buffalo Exchange was an amazing part of my life that I would not trade for anything. I learned so much everyday, and felt that this job helped me immensely as I prepared for other jobs throughout my work life. Monthly meetings ensured that every employee knew what it cost to run our store, and how our buying decisions effected our profits. Emphasis on knowing your product, product costs, and clientele is a GREAT learning tool for those looking to be associate buyers and designers in other companies. I loved the fast paced environment, and the fun, quirky customers and coworkers. Buffalo is a zero debt company that uses a "bucket" system to share gains with employees as they are earned. As they say, "All ships rise together."
Pros
Low hourly pay, potentially high stress depending on management
Cons
Great bonuses, wonderful learning environment
Fun loving environment with great co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAFebruary 21, 2017
I really loved working at Buffalo Exchange for as long as I did I learned so much about fashion, culture and customer service there. I also was never bored I always had something to be doing, which I enjoyed a lot. A typical day for me consisted of cleaning, running clothes, working the dressing rooms, tagging new clothing, and inputting new merchandise into the computer. The most enjoyable part of the whole experience for me though was some of the staff I worked with, we were all a huge family always looking out for each other. The hardest part for me was the management, The biggest thing I noticed with the management was no one ever knew what was going on and they seemed to always be doing things at a whim, we were also short staffed the whole time I worked there making it very high stress and were quick to shift blame from themselves on to lower employees.
Pros
Great co-workers, location, clothing, culture
Cons
management wasn't the greatest
Inattentive Management, and little room for advancement
BUYER (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 8, 2017
Management is lazy, and inattentive to staff. Employees feel as if they cannot speak to management about important issues.
fun high spirited place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAFebruary 1, 2017
I learned how to run a store. I learned how store goals are met and how that translates into our pay checks. I enjoyed working under the manager that hired me. I learned how to work in a fast pace. I learned to hone my multi-tasking skills.
Pros
free food during store meetings
Cons
inventory
Good Money, Bad management
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2017
Worked at the store in chelsea and it was the worst place to work. Everyone thought that the were a manager. Everyone had a certain amount of elitism because of how long they worked there. Very clique-y(?) hostile and gross. Do not work at the chelsea store.
Pros
lunch breaks, pay
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buffalo Exchange. Our community is ready to answer.