Buffalo Exchange Employee Reviews in United States

Amazing company that offers more than fashion forward thinking
Merchandiser, Buyer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 26, 2016
This is truly a family-runned establishment that has spread wholly across the country. It was a pleasure to work with a forward-thinking company and like-minded employees. My one wish is that they would consider time off for those who must continue school. I only left this company for a study abroad opportunity and an internship in another state, and was unable to be rehired for that reason.
productive environment, with manageable requirements
Buyer/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2016
buffalo exchange is a fast paced environment with alot of rules and regulations. management is strict but well put together with a team that works tightly together to meet goals and produce revenue
Great Start
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 16, 2016
Buffalo Exchange is a great place to get acquainted with business tactics and how to grow a business. Every employee is heavily involved with the success of each store.

Work to life balance becomes increasingly difficult with advancement.
Pros
great company, good intentions, great clothes, cool people
Cons
long shifts, little flexibility
Overall Good Company
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 6, 2016
Buffalo Exchange was a fun place to work! Lots to see an do everyday and it provided a funky fashion oriented atmosphere. The hard part about any retail job is long hours and limited time off.

The further I moved into management the messier it became. I moved out of state to pursue a management role and within 6 months they had fired the Area Manager, Store Manager, and Associate Managers- myself included. The hours were long and support was minimal, stores that are not doing well have limited opportunities to better their sales or cultivate staff relations. Buying used clothes from the public is tough- you have to know a ton about clothes but do not have any of the "glamorous" appeal of other retail jobs. Customers could be very hard to handle.

Good benefits, health insurance for part timers that included domestic partners, PTO, generous discount, opportunities to travel
Pros
generous discount, PTO, quality health insurance, fun culture
Cons
long hours, lack of support, little management structure
Great job to learn multiple skills
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 4, 2016
I learned a lot my time at Buffalo Exchange. Buffalo Exchange taught me about being a self-starter and how to give great customer service.
Pros
good environment
Cons
short breaks
Fun retail job for the most part
Store Buyer (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAOctober 14, 2015
This job was ok, but customers sell some very dirty clothes, so be prepared to be sick more often. There are a lot of rewards, but there is such a high turn over rate and if you are not a good buyer your job is at risk.
Pros
lots of rewards and employee discount
Cons
Dirty, lots to learn and lots of pressure
Fun workplace engaging with different poeple everyday.
Buyer/Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CASeptember 18, 2015
A great atmosphere with a fun staff to enjoy work with. Interacting with different people everyday is always fun. There was always room to grow within the company.
Pros
Bonus checks, discounted clothing.
Cons
Staying over your shift.
Able to grow and learn
Fashion Buyer (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CASeptember 16, 2015
Days were hectic, but we were taught to work under pressure as well as working quickly. I learned to buy for a successful company as well as inventory, budgets, merchandising and customer service. My co-workers and I were like family, we had so much fun working together. The hardest part of the job was having to turn people down whom we couldn't benefit from. We do buy sell trade, so customers would come in selling their clothing. Many brought in items that would make us any revenue so we had to turn them down politely.
Pros
Bonuses and free stuff after accumulating points.
Cons
Breaks were a little too short.
Interesting overall atmosphere
Buyer Expert/Trainer/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 24, 2015
I would sort through customers' clothing and determine a price for any desirable items I was able to find. In that respect, I was directly responsible for the store's inventory. I would also train new hires on the responsibilities required for the job - what to look for as far as fashion trends, how to handle customers, and the day to day functions of a retail environment. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the delicate nature of rejecting someone's clothing, and not making that deliberation seem personal. The best part of that job was finding items that many people thought were worthless, like band tees, and giving them new lives and new homes.
Pros
opportunity for bonuses each month
Cons
short breaks and not much growth
Very fun retail job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 11, 2015
Fun friendly centrally located cheap clothing. LOVED that. I had a blast working there, however in Denver's fast paced economy I never had a chance to make any money.
Pros
Free beer, cheap clothing
Cons
Very hard to advance
Good start for retail
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 22, 2015
I got promoted in a year and a half at H&M and really enjoyed my new job. The company culture is very hectic and fast-paced, but I would recommend it for anyone wanting to work in retail. You can work anywhere after being at H&M
overall a fun job
Buyer expert (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 16, 2015
Overall its a pretty fun job. Everyday was a learning experience as a Buyer because you come across so many different brands everyday. I met some amazing fashionable people along the way that I will forever cherish..
Pros
fast paced enviornment, free clothes
Cons
short lunches
Productive and fun environment
Studio Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 7, 2015
Learned about brands and designers, productive and fun environment. Working with and meeting new people. Plenty room for growth and always learning something new.
Fun job and great coworkers
Floor Assistant, Head of Visual Display Team (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 25, 2015
Great job if you are looking to learn more about apparel and fashion trends. Seemed relatively open to job growth but definitely something you have to proactively work towards. Employees were great to work with and management knows what they are doing. Hardest part of the job would have to be difficult customers, especially being in downtown
Pros
great coworkers, fun meetings, job perks
Cons
difficult customers, hard to get time off
Overall great company
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 21, 2015
I was responsible for buying all merchandise that came into the store.
This was fun because, I had to learn to adapt to our customer and know what our customer wanted to purchase. I loved seeing our customers satisfied with the items I purchased to be sold within our establishment.
productive and challenging
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 14, 2015
A typical day for my posistion involves constant communication with customers, informing them on the buying process
Good energy
Head Buyer (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CaNovember 15, 2014
Great work place. On a typical day I was buying in new product for the store. We would have extremely busy days and it was a fun work environment.
Fun Place to work
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 11, 2014
I managed a group of 10 people. Made work schedules based on availabilities. I also trained employees on customer service, register policies, and how to select and price inventory. I offered in the moment feedback to employees.
Fun workplace with flexible hours
Clothing Buyer (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJuly 20, 2014
Buying used clothes, ringing up customers, maintaining store's overall appearance, working in the fitting room area.
I learned about many different brands of clothing.
I got along well with management and my fellow coworkers.
Approaching hostile customers.
I enjoyed working with clothing and getting first pick on items that would come into the store.
Pros
discounted clothing.
Cons
inconsistent employee training from management
Wonderful company to work for
EXPERT BUYER (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 12, 2014
Cashier, Retail clothing buyer, price clothing. Management was wonderful to work with. Co-workers worked as a team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buffalo Exchange. Our community is ready to answer.