BUFFALO LODGING ASSOCIATES
Primary function is inside sales calls. Responsible for revenue production of the hotel, meeting or exceeding planned revenue objectives for RevPar, occupancy and average daily rate (ADR). Must utilize a hands on approach to be actively involved on a daily basis in providing support to the Director of Sales.
- Administers inside direct sales and communicates leads to the General Manager.
- Administers group events including inputting group blocks for new and current clients, sending back confirmation numbers and contracts to clients and communicating with them through the end of their stay.
- Assists in actively selling room nights through public relations, advertising, sales blitzes, direct mail campaigns and other promotional programs.
- Problem Solving- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Develops alternative solutions, uses reason at all times. Makes timely decisions while exhibiting sound judgment. Includes appropriate people in decision making process.
- Project Management – Organize, maintain and track sales data using sales pro or provided sales tracking software. .
- Customer Service –Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Responds promptly to customer needs, requests for service and assistance.
- Communication - Demonstrates group presentation skills. Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly, and has the ability to read and interpret written information. Communicates change effectively. Assists in identifying and maintaining constant communication with hotels key accounts.
- Team Work – Exhibits objectivity and openness to the views of others and contributes to building a positive team spirit. Upholds organizational values, treats people with respect and promotes a harassment free environment. Works with marketing team on a regular basis. Regularly meets with DOS to communicate and discuss sales activities. Coordinates catering events and communicates with kitchen staff.
- Quality Management – Aligns work with strategic goals, looking for ways to improve and promote quality while demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness. Strives to increase productivity. Ensures meeting room is set up to standard prior to events.
- Adaptability – Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events, changing approach or method to best fit a situation.
- Initiative - Take independent actions and calculated risks, meets challenges with resourcefulness, generates suggestion for improving work and takes responsibility for own actions. Schedule and track all sales appointments ensuring the required amount of sales calls are achieved. Actively sell to in-house guests. Maintains all sales files and trace file system.
- Compliance - Maintains confidentiality. Ensures adherence to the rules, regulations, policies, procedures and the pricing and marketing philosophy as set forth by the company and hotel brand.
- Business Acumen – Must achieve occupancy and rate index as outlined by Buffalo Lodging. Achieve or exceed occupancy, rate and RevPar as outlined in property budget. Knows the principle competition for each market segment.
A Bachelor’s degree (B.A) from a four year college or university; or one to two years related management or comparable experience is strongly preferred. Familiarity with analyzing profit and loss statements and other financial data is essential. Ability to develop an understanding of concepts, practices, pre-established guidelines and procedures used by the company in relation to guest service is necessary. Computer knowledge including intranet, Property management system, WORD, and EXCEL is strongly preferred. Must have valid drivers license, and acceptable driving history subject to company approval.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop kneel, crouch or crawl and taste or smell.
The employee must regular lift and or move up to 25lbs, occasionally lift or move up to 50lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include peripheral vision and depth perception
Buffalo Lodging Associates, LLC owns and operates properties in the Northeast, the Southeast, the Midwest, and Canada. The company first...