Buffalo Medical Group Employee Reviews

Good Company to work for
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJanuary 10, 2017
This company offered a good structure for an individual who was still in school and trying to manage a full school load as well as work load. Offered a very comfortable work environment.
Medical Billers Beware
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJuly 19, 2016
THIS COMPANY, BY FAR, IS THE WORST THAT I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR!
This company is, by far, the worst I ever worked for.
No training, at all. If you are lucky, (you are not lucky, just by being there) and they like you, you may get some.
Unkempt, dirty, small office with cramped work spaces.
Co-workers are not friendly. Very judgemental.
Management is very poor. There is no communication. No follow up on training. Do yourself a favor and keep looking for a position elsewhere.
Very poor training
Switchboard operator (Former Employee) –  New York StateJune 24, 2016
I was hired as a switchboard operator. The training was horrible. The person doing the training was very impatient and acted like i should have known everything. She was very abrupt.
Pros
benefits after 60 days
Cons
poor training
no security
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJune 22, 2016
I feel this company as a whole does not care about the individual as a whole. Worried about statistics and making money.
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYMarch 14, 2016
I loved doing my job and working with the people. Working with the insurance companies to get payment was the hardest of the job. I worked the denials for my departments.
Pros
Money, and benfits
Cons
Not much increase in pay.
Nice place at the beginning
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 12, 2016
Nice place the first year but upon yearly review no review or bonus for another year. Then got attitude when asked bout it.
Pros
Got great experience
Cons
No advancement
Not the place for advancement.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 20, 2016
I began working here in 2014 and quickly realized this is a dead end company. No place for advancement, 1% raise per year, salary capped on low end. Fine for a "job", look elsewhere for a "career".
secretary
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYNovember 14, 2015
Administrative Secretary: Responsible for all aspects of secretarial duties and customer service. Duties included all aspects of Microsoft, preparing forms, letters, filing, scheduling meetings, ordering office supplies, payroll, Dictaphone, Equipment used windows 97, Xerox work center fax machine, Xerox copier.
Human Resource: Duties included screening resume, data entering resume into computer system, sending resumes to appropriate department and supervisor
Receptionist: Duties included answering the telephone, scheduling appointments, requesting referrals, verifying health insurance, customer service.
Unstructured department, no direction
Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 22, 2015
Difficult department to work in. No teamwork. Department does not provide training to enable one to do the job if you are not promoted within the organisation.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
No teamwork
Enjoy working with patients
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYSeptember 15, 2015
Coming in and greet patients that are checking in for various visits.
Confirming insurance on Healthy Net ,collecting co pays and past due balances. The management was always in reach if needed.
Co- workers were a different kind , but that's what made them unique. The hardest job was telling patients their insurance was no
longer valid. The most enjoyable was the smiles on the frequent patients.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
No communication with staff
Medical billing
medical billing (Former Employee) –  sheridan driveSeptember 14, 2015
Terrible experience in medical billing department. Unfriendly staff and back stabbers after only a few days of working there. Expected to be a claims representative on a system that just had too many screens to view to find information that should be upfront and easily accessible. Not enough training provided to sufficiently do a medical billing position for even an experienced medical biller. There is not enough staff and the claims are being written off and not followed up on in a timely manner.
Cons
backstabbing employees
Enjoyable work with challenges
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYApril 17, 2015
Working at the switchboard was enjoyable, sometimes difficult and stressful. There were certain times of the day that were busier than others. I like helping others to the best of my ability
Pros
Cons
Distance to work
It had a great group of people to work with.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 9, 2015
My typical day was coming in and checking in all patients and checking all their information,making sure everything was correct.I learned how to work well with others and how to be a team player to get the job done.My co workers were for the most part like working with a big extended family. The hardest part of the job was making sure everything ran smoothly.It was a very busy office to work in with a lot of different jobs and people doing the jobs. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see a happy patient,knowing that they were well taken care of.
Pros
excellent benefit package
Cons
short breaks, sometimes there being not enough coverage for breaks and vacations.
Don't work here!!!!
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Williamsville NYApril 8, 2015
A Typical Day at Work: Micromanagement from upper administration constantly. People who have no administrative or business degrees are running this corporation. I don't know how this company has managed as long as they have.

Co-workers - normal people who are constantly being degraded and taken advantage of from every aspect. Medical assistants are taken off the street with no medical background or degrees. They are too cheap to hire nurses to triage calls - so you have people with no medical background making calls that a doctor should be to come in and be evaluated or not....which most of the time is a huge waste of people's co-pays, but with buffalo medical group...it is all about the money!

The hardest part of my job - working for such nasty people who have no heart or could care less about there employees or the patients.

The most enjoyable part of my job - caring for patients and giving the best medical care possible so they don't see the disorganization and disgusting administration behind the scenes of buffalo medical group.

I wasted 5 years of my life with this company and consistently being degraded and taken advantage of. Don't waste your time for working at this place. You will quickly see the disorganization and just over all AWFUL management of this company. If you do work for this company watch out for the administration because they will act like they are your best friends.Then stab you in the back when you least expect it. Most unprofessional individuals I have ever seen run a business.
Pros
Doctors and NPs are kind
Cons
Forget your lunch hour, time off is a constant struggle, benefits are a joke.
love my job, company mindset is horrid
direct patient care (Current Employee) –  williamsvilleApril 6, 2015
The management is out of touch. Facilities are dirty, understaffed and outdated. I honestly have nothing good to say about BMG as a company outside of the rate of pay. It is a shortsighted company with a bad attitude towards its employees and garbage benefits.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
close minded, not open to new ideas or change
Good People
Office Clerk, to office management (Former Employee) –  WilliamsvilleFebruary 22, 2015
Anything and everything as an office team Leader. I learned much. I worked her for many years. Made many friends. I will always remember the good times.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Enjoyed one on one contact with the patients.
Medical Receptionist/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 22, 2014
My co-worker and I would check-in over 100 patients a day. We where busy all the time and in between patients we would verify the next day appointments by checking patients insurance information.
The hardest part of the day was when patients showed up late for their appointments and I would have to go verify with the doctor's office to see if they would see them. Most of the time the doctor was running behind and they could not see them and I had to inform the patient of that news and to advise the patient to call and reschedule or they can go back and talk to the medical assistant to reschedule.
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the patients and getting to know them(a lot of them where regulars).
No comment
Dr. David Rodman (Current Employee) –  85 HIGH STREET BUFFALO, NY 14203August 13, 2014
No comment on working with Buffalo Medical Group. I do however enjoy my doctor I work for and co-workers. They are all great mentors and team players
Easy flow
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 26, 2014
Great way to get the experience I needed when fresh from out of college. Helped to apply what I learned in school to the job.
The fact that I had a job I had gone to college for was a plus. I gained quite a bit of experience
Office/Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJuly 15, 2014
I learned medical coding and billing
I enjoyed helping and working with patients
I had determination to assist the doctor(s) with anything appropriate for the job.
I complied with HIPAA
I learned how to order medical supplies for patients and insurance authorizations
Prior Authorizations for testing, procedures, medications and medical equipment
Scheduling appointments for: Office visits, Tests at other medical facilities or our group departments, Procedures, and Pharmaceutical Representatives.
Pros
Gained an enormous amount of experience for the medical field

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buffalo Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7