Buffalo Medical Group Employee Reviews

Fast paced busy medical facility
Lab Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYOctober 29, 2017
I started out as a receptionist checking in well over 100 patients a day. there are multiple girls.Schedule includes average 800-900 patients a day. Very stressful. I have since moved to one of the labs preparing specimens, and I love it. The only reason I believe I would leave would be for better pay and benefits. The doctor's I work for now are awesome.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
Pay could be a little better, benefits are deductible plan
A good place for short term goals
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 19, 2017
The day is usually over busy. I have learned a lot work here for 11 years. Management is unprofessional and clicks with certain employees. If you are not a part of that circle there is no room for advancement.
Pros
Good place to start off your career but ot a good place to stay long term
Cons
Low pay, porr managment.
Needs an overhaul
WC/NF Medical Billing Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NY 14221October 15, 2017
My time there was disappointing from the very start. I was told that I would be working with a team of experts for no fault and workers comp, seeing that they had over 300 physicians and thousands of patients. After 1 week of working there, I found out I was the only one working the No Fault and WC accounts.
I gave it one year to improve and each day got worse and worse.
Pros
The posting department is a awesome bunch of women!
Cons
Management and billing needs an overhaul.
Okay place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYOctober 4, 2017
Not a lot of Job growth. Work the job of 3 people and get paid little to no money for it. They cut back overtime so you cannot count on that money. Very poor raises
in the field I worked in, there was much improvement needed from supervisor & co-workers.
costodian (Former Employee) –  325 EssjayAugust 28, 2017
Did not like that the entire custodial staff was sent to Buffalo for a one hour " yearly group meeting"... just to tell us our jobs were being outsourced / job elimination due to the position was no longer ''cost effective'' for Buffalo Medical Group. They could have handled it better ! Totally went against their moto # treating people well ! I was devastated, and the HR was extremely cold to the fact, completely emotionless, comparable to a robot.
Pros
good benifit package
Cons
working conditons & conserns not handled properly.
Professional
MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST/ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYAugust 23, 2017
My day was very busy from checking in patient to doing vitals to setting up procedure instruments to charting to checking people out.

I learned a lot about minor procedures.

Management was fair.

Culture was fast paced.

Hardest part was seeing sick people.

Most enjoyable part was working with people.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
N/a
fun place to work!
Certified Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJuly 12, 2017
I learned a lot working here and always a great upbeat environment. management was easy to work with. flexible hours and availability to pick up shifts when needed
Management Sucks .
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJuly 7, 2017
Worked 8:30-5pm scheduling patients for procedures, answering phones. I learned so much working with the girls in the office and my partner she was wonderful. Let me tell you about Management. The Management sucks they don't care about patient care your just a number and no job security they will fire on spot . The Hardest Part of the job was learning it. The most enjoyable part about the job was the patients and working with my partner, the provider and his assistant.
okay
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NY 14127June 19, 2017
I floated so the scheduling department was horrible lot of traveling no flew time and no advance notice or where you had to travel ahead of time depending on the person could be great.
It is ok
Service Desk Representative (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 14, 2017
I am on the fence when it comes to BMG. Some days it seem ok to work there and some days it suck. Some of the co-workers are not friendly or helpful..
Pros
You get to learn and do alot
Cons
No teamwork or oganization
Various locations, many specialties to explore.
CMA (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 18, 2017
It has been my experience with BMG for the past ten years that though we appear to take a good share of the market as a "Multi specialty group" inside there are inconsistencies and lack of desire to move forward with the current industry demands.

If BMG would like to remain competitive in this market, they will have to continue to keep up with the demands of TELEMEDICINE, and adjust working hours to meet the demands of the public.
Pros
Great doctors, work is consistant, good training.
Cons
Favoritism, Salary scale inadequate, Management non-reponsive
The doctors were very nice to work for
Radiologic Technologist - Per Diem (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYApril 7, 2017
The techs and direct management were very clicky and favoritism played a part, making the work environment uncomfortable at times.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be the patient interaction.
Pros
Per Diem accommodations
Cons
Clicky employees, not working as a team
Great place to start a career.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 23, 2017
Clean atmosphere, great benefits, and a wholesome work environment. friendly staff and human resource department is very dependable. A lot of benefits for the workers.
A large corporation that has lost sight of employees
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYFebruary 28, 2017
I felt some of the doctors I worked for were wonderful, some were narcissistic and the company would not consider other points of view.
Management was disconnected from the reality of the offices.
This was fast passed, in all the places I worked, I like that. Training was minimal.
Pros
Meeting many people
Cons
bounced from location to location, sometimes with only hours notice.
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYFebruary 26, 2017
Wages are not very competitive but it is full time with really great people to work for. the patients are friendly and over all a great place to work for.
Great place to gain experience
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  high st.February 9, 2017
First place to hire me out of college. They have given me the opportunity to advance in the heath care field as a medical assistant . I appreciate them for all the experience.
Good Company to work for
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJanuary 10, 2017
This company offered a good structure for an individual who was still in school and trying to manage a full school load as well as work load. Offered a very comfortable work environment.
Medical Billers Beware
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJuly 19, 2016
THIS COMPANY, BY FAR, IS THE WORST THAT I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR!
This company is, by far, the worst I ever worked for.
No training, at all. If you are lucky, (you are not lucky, just by being there) and they like you, you may get some.
Unkempt, dirty, small office with cramped work spaces.
Co-workers are not friendly. Very judgemental.
Management is very poor. There is no communication. No follow up on training. Do yourself a favor and keep looking for a position elsewhere.
Very poor training
Switchboard operator (Former Employee) –  New York StateJune 24, 2016
I was hired as a switchboard operator. The training was horrible. The person doing the training was very impatient and acted like i should have known everything. She was very abrupt.
Pros
benefits after 60 days
Cons
poor training
no security
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJune 22, 2016
I feel this company as a whole does not care about the individual as a whole. Worried about statistics and making money.