Buffalo Medical Group

Buffalo Medical Group Employee Reviews

It had a great group of people to work with.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYApril 9, 2015
Pros: excellent benefit package
Cons: short breaks, sometimes there being not enough coverage for breaks and vacations.
My typical day was coming in and checking in all patients and checking all their information,making sure everything was correct.I learned how to work well with others and how to be a team player to get the job done.My co workers were for the most part like working with a big extended family. The hardest part of the job was making sure everything ran smoothly.It was a very busy office to work in with a lot of different jobs and people doing the jobs. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see a happy patient,knowing that they were well taken care of.
DON'T WORK HERE!!!!
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee), Williamsville NYApril 8, 2015
Pros: Doctors and NPs are kind
Cons: Forget your lunch hour, time off is a constant struggle, benefits are a joke.
A Typical Day at Work: Micromanagement from upper administration constantly. People who have no administrative or business degrees are running this corporation. I don't know how this company has managed as long as they have.

Co-workers - normal people who are constantly being degraded and taken advantage of from every aspect. Medical assistants are taken off the street with no medical background or degrees. They are too cheap to hire nurses to triage calls - so you have people with no medical background making calls that a doctor should be to come in and be evaluated or not....which most of the time is a huge waste of people's co-pays, but with buffalo medical group...it is all about the money!

The hardest part of my job - working for such nasty people who have no heart or could care less about there employees or the patients.

The most enjoyable part of my job - caring for patients and giving the best medical care possible so they don't see the disorganization and disgusting administration behind the scenes of buffalo medical group.

I wasted 5 years of my life with this company and consistently being degraded and taken advantage of. Don't waste your time for working at this place. You will quickly see the disorganization and just over all AWFUL management of this company. If you do work for this company watch out for the administration because they will act like they are your best friends.Then stab you in the back when you least expect it. Most unprofessional individuals I have ever seen run a business.
love my job, company mindset is horrid
direct patient care (Current Employee), williamsvilleApril 6, 2015
Pros: good compensation
Cons: close minded, not open to new ideas or change
The management is out of touch. Facilities are dirty, understaffed and outdated. I honestly have nothing good to say about BMG as a company outside of the rate of pay. It is a shortsighted company with a bad attitude towards its employees and garbage benefits.
Good People
Office Clerk, to office management (Former Employee), WilliamsvilleFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: long hours
Anything and everything as an office team Leader. I learned much. I worked her for many years. Made many friends. I will always remember the good times.
Enjoyed one on one contact with the patients.
Medical Receptionist/Assistant (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYOctober 22, 2014
My co-worker and I would check-in over 100 patients a day. We where busy all the time and in between patients we would verify the next day appointments by checking patients insurance information.
The hardest part of the day was when patients showed up late for their appointments and I would have to go verify with the doctor's office to see if they would see them. Most of the time the doctor was running behind and they could not see them and I had to inform the patient of that news and to advise the patient to call and reschedule or they can go back and talk to the medical assistant to reschedule.
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the patients and getting to know them(a lot of them where regulars).
NO COMMENT
Dr. David Rodman (Current Employee), 85 HIGH STREET BUFFALO, NY 14203August 13, 2014
No comment on working with Buffalo Medical Group. I do however enjoy my doctor I work for and co-workers. They are all great mentors and team players
Easy flow
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJuly 26, 2014
Great way to get the experience I needed when fresh from out of college. Helped to apply what I learned in school to the job.
The fact that I had a job I had gone to college for was a plus. I gained quite a bit of experience
Office/Clinical Assistant (Former Employee), Williamsville, NYJuly 15, 2014
Pros: gained an enormous amount of experience for the medical field
I learned medical coding and billing
I enjoyed helping and working with patients
I had determination to assist the doctor(s) with anything appropriate for the job.
I complied with HIPAA
I learned how to order medical supplies for patients and insurance authorizations
Prior Authorizations for testing, procedures, medications and medical equipment
Scheduling appointments for: Office visits, Tests at other medical facilities or our group departments, Procedures, and Pharmaceutical Representatives.
Supporting a network of 900 plus users, including virtualized systems
Supervisor Service Desk/ IT administrator (Current Employee), Williamsville, NYJune 22, 2014
Pros: healthy work environment...good compensation. benefits.
Cons: negative work environment. individual mindset.
Upon the start of our day, we will field calls from various level of users. Along with the typical service desk calls, we will maintian the network integrity, VM farm, and various applications required to support the group. WE will oversee the health and integrity of the various servers. Such as Domain Controllers, DHCP servers, mail servers, proxy, just to name a few.
BMG
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJune 10, 2014
Pros: family based business
Cons: no room for advancement
Complex clerical and administrative office duties in a clinical/medical setting for a medical Oncologist;
some typing, maintaining of records and files, distributed mail; performed telephone reception; welcomed
and directed on-site visitors; duplicated and distributed photocopies; route faxes.
-Secretarial support for faculty, other health care professionals.
-EKG; Venipuncture; Vitals
- Assists in obtaining pre-certification, referrals, authorizations, prescriptions refills and other medical testing
as necessary. Responsible for communicating test results to patient
- Serves as a liaison between the patient, billing department, and payor to enhance account receivables,
resolve outstanding issues/or patient concerns. Enters charges for services delivered.
- Daily charge reconciliation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Secretarial support for faculty, other health care professionals and other Department staff to include multiple
tasks including setting up meetings, seminars, and booking flights.
they are a good company, but lot of work
Office Manager / Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJune 5, 2014
LONG hours
the people/patients
A day at my job
Receptionist (Current Employee), Williamsville, NYMay 27, 2014
Pros: helping others
Cons: the pay and the drive
I work 8 hours a day. I check in between 150-200 patients a day. The management is fair, my co-workers are nice, and the most enjoyale part of my job is helping others.
Good Company
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Williamsville, NYApril 10, 2014
This is a good company to work for and co-workers are very friendly!
job was different every day
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYDecember 8, 2013
Job went from extremely busy to having nothing to do because charts were not needed because of going electronic
Fun place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Williamsville, NYFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: felt sense of completion
Cons: running around all day
Stressfull
Learned many new steps/procedures from MD
Management was reasonable
Coworkers were good
Running all day long
Seeing the patients smile
fun
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Williamsville, NYFebruary 5, 2013
fun place to work, great co-workers, great place to learn and get job experience
A job is a job.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), Buffalo, New YorkJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: working with great people
Cons: micro management; immature attitudes.
I enjoyed the work I did, although it was very limited and you weren't allowed to think on your own. The management was micro at times. The doctors and staff I worked with were great and I made many good friends their.

The hardest part of the job was trying to keep up with rule changes on a weekly basis. The manager of the department was very immature and had difficulty keeping her personal life separate from work.
overall good company to work for
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYApril 12, 2012
was a bit uncomfortable at a few sites because not every body is welcoming to floaters
productive, advancement, family oriented.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYApril 11, 2012
Pros: friendly, all departments come together.
Cons: never had one.
This company was a joy to work for they are very strict on attendance. They give you the opportunity to work in different departments of this company and give you a broader span for advancement within.
2 highly respectable doctors
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Amherst, NYJanuary 6, 2012
Pros: family orientated
colon/rectal surgeons very busy office, multi tasking is a must, 1 doctor did not like paperless records, numerous reports needed to be obtained for his patients

Buffalo Medical Group Salaries